PDA

View Full Version : Which Rivalry is bigger ??

jason
11-16-2004, 02:52 PM
this is obvious to me....

shellman54
11-16-2004, 02:57 PM
so, when A&M beats tu, will that make us a rivalry again? or will it take 5 in a row?

KTJ
11-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Jason, I don't think you can count this poll as being an "accuate" one, seeing as how there are more A&M fans that post on here than Longhorn fans. So naturally, they will most likely vote for UT/A&M as the top rivalry.

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Jason, I don't think you can count this poll as being an "accuate" one, seeing as how there are more A&M fans that post on here than Longhorn fans. So naturally, they will most likely vote for UT/A&M as the top rivalry.
I agree. Any question you ask about A&M will get flooded with Aggies. The "bigger" rival is OU. But the more natural rival is TAMU.

jason
11-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Jason, I don't think you can count this poll as being an "accuate" one, seeing as how there are more A&M fans that post on here than Longhorn fans. So naturally, they will most likely vote for UT/A&M as the top rivalry. i know...but this seemed like the only way i could prove my point and not be ROMed at the same time lol.....

turbostud
texas vs. ou

LH Panther Mom
Originally posted by KTJ

Hey, even us that are fans of neither know the correct answer. :D

Stangster
11-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Texas/Ou definitely!

Ranger Mom
11-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Not neccessarily....we UT fans just aren't quite as obnoxious!!:D

jason
11-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Not neccessarily....we UT fans just aren't quite as obnoxious!!:D aint that the truth...we dont back out of bets either....

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 03:17 PM
low blow...yet true...i think if polled with equal numbers with a rephrased question...
UT fans would say OU/UT when asked about both
A&M fans would say A&M UT when asked about both
UT and A&M fans would say that the OU/UT is the bigger rivalry to UT fans, and the A&M/UT rivalry is the bigger rivalry to the A&M fans.......
so in the end we will disagree anyway....:thinking:

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
tu :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 03:18 PM
to who? UT fans or the rest of the state?? UT fans seem to think the UT/OU game is a bigger rivalry.....

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 03:19 PM
One thing I can say about it all is that Longhorns don't like Aggies and vise versa. Take away all the obnoxious posts and the Horns would still be talking mess about this game.

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 03:28 PM
I posted this in the wrong post earlier.

I think that it is A&M simply because of the total history of the game going back to the days of it being a battle for rights to the Chicken Ranch for the night. (Dang Marvin Zindler ):mad:

vet93
11-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Hmmm.... I don't think that A&M fans have a corner on the obnoxious market! In regards to the question....OU is the bigger rival at this time because of the mega-success that they have enjoyed since Stoops has been the head coach. If you have a sense of history you will see that the A&M/UT rivalry is a bigger rivalry and if both teams can ever achieve the level of play that say....Miami and Florida St. enjoy (over the past 20 years)...this game will become the biggest rivalry in college football. When I was in college A&M beat UT 7 out of the 8 years that I was there. During that time, UT beat a mediocre OU team multiple times. In that 8-10 year span....A&M was the main focus of both the student body and the alumni at UT. A&M's recent mediocrity and OU's dominance are the main reason that many of you are voting for the UT/OU game at this time.

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Not neccessarily....we UT fans just aren't quite as obnoxious!!:D

jason
11-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by vet93
When I was in college A&M beat UT 7 out of the 8 years that I was there. dang, i thought ive been in school for a long time...

Ranger Mom
11-16-2004, 03:33 PM
I am strictly talking about the A&M and UT fans on THIS site when I say "obnoxious"!!

:p

vet93
11-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I was on the 8 year plan!!!! Reminds me of Animal House when the Dean was reading off the GPA's of the fraternity brothers and Blutarski had a 0.000 GPA...His quote "Doh....6 years of college down the tubes!".

Originally posted by jason
dang, i thought ive been in school for a long time...

jason
11-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by vet93
I was on the 8 year plan!!!! try explaining that to my dad that its not such a bad thing lol...

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 03:37 PM
All I know is that when I was in HS and during my early years of college back in the 90's, UT HATED A&M. It's tough to imagine now, but believe it or not that was a marquee matchup while the Red River Shootout was only regionally televised.

3afan
11-16-2004, 03:41 PM
i think it depends on who you ask:
ask a 'horn & the ou/ut rivalry is bigger,
ask an aTm-er & the aTm/ut one is bigger.

i think ut fans would gladly beat ou & lose to aTm instead of losing to ou & beating aTm, whereas aTm-ers would gladly lose all their other games if they beat ut

but i could be wrong ......

shellman54
11-16-2004, 03:42 PM
either way, no BCS game for them.....

jason
11-16-2004, 03:44 PM
texas could very much be in a bcs game...it might not be the national championship but the top 6 in the bcs will get a bcs bowl....a&m will get the galleryfurniture.com bowl....

shellman54
11-16-2004, 03:50 PM
if utah wins out, then texas might not get a bcs bowl, since at least one Pac 10 team has to go to the Rose Bowl, and if Usc goes to the NC, then Cal would get that bid.

KL3
11-16-2004, 04:55 PM
jason, please get your facts straight before posting about the bowl situations. It does not matter if texas is in the top 6 so long as utah is also in the top 6. And A&M will be going to either the Cotton or Holiday Bowl depending on next Friday's game.

Keith7
11-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Ohio State VS. Michigan

Titans
11-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Let's see:

I would say, based on past history for the chase of the national championship, that the UT vs. OU winner has a better chance at winning the title than the ATM vs. UT winner.

With that being said, I'd say OU/UT is much bigger.

Regardless, both are HUGE rivalries and enjoyable to watch!

CHSBaseball07
11-16-2004, 06:20 PM
I think OU vs Texas is a bigger game...cause it means alot on the Year for EVERYONE...but A&M is a bigger Rivalry w/ LESS meaning

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by jason
i know...but this seemed like the only way i could prove my point and not be ROMed at the same time lol.....