PDA

View Full Version : How Bout Them CRY-boys?

Titans
11-16-2004, 01:29 PM
I don't care who they lose to, as long as they lose.

When Jerry sells the team or dies, I will return to be a Cowboys fan...

Until then, they are just the CRY-boys to me!

Way to go TO!

fball_gal310
11-16-2004, 01:42 PM
When are they going to get rid of that guy?

I like the old Cowboys...Moose, Troy, Emmitt...the good ol' days

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
i agree fball_gal, the good ole days w/ emmitt, moose and troy were great. they could beat anybody, and play w/ anybody. i dont care who owns them, but that they play well and play respectable. they need to be able to look at themselves w/ dignity. i hate to say it, but the group they have right now, jsut isnt doing the job. i dont know where the communication problem is, but this is football, not the baber shop where you sit there and let someone change the way you look.

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by fball_gal310

LOL! For me, the good ole days is Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, Randy White, Charlie Waters (gosh, he sure was cute...), Dandy Don. Dang, I'm showing my age again. :eek:

Ranger Mom
11-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! For me, the good ole days is Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, Randy White, Charlie Waters (gosh, he sure was cute...), Dandy Don. Dang, I'm showing my age again. :eek:

That is when I started following them.....then after the Troy/Emmit era was over, I just lost interest!

My little brother had a lifesize poster of Bob Lilly on his bedroom wall...you could see it out of his window, it always looked like there was a HUGE man looking outside!!

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Titans
Way to go TO! A true Cowboys fan would never support what TO does. I don't care how much you hate the owner.:mad:

garageoffice
11-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
A true Cowboys fan would never support what TO does. I don't care how much you hate the owner.:mad:

A true football fan would never support any of those guys who constantly show off, and act like it's all about them personally. What ever happened to going out and trying your best and letting your play speak for you?

3ABirdMan
11-16-2004, 03:27 PM
I cancelled my subsciption to the DALLAS COWBOY WEEKLY when Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry. It was not the fact that he did, but rather the WAY he did it. Landry deserved more respect than that, and that act set the tone for the Dallas Cowboys ever since. Jerry Jones has no respect for anyone, except how much money the team makes. I know he's been called one of the most competitive owners in the NFL, and gets really down when they lose, but it's only because it hurts sales!

I also, will become a Cowboys fan again when Jerry Jones is GONE!

garageoffice
11-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
I cancelled my subsciption to the DALLAS COWBOY WEEKLY when Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry. It was not the fact that he did, but rather the WAY he did it. Landry deserved more respect than that, and that act set the tone for the Dallas Cowboys ever since. Jerry Jones has no respect for anyone, except how much money the team makes. I know he's been called one of the most competitive owners in the NFL, and gets really down when they lose, but it's only because it hurts sales!

I also, will become a Cowboys fan again when Jerry Jones is GONE!

I don't care for Jerry Jones, either. But I get tired of 'former' fans getting all bent out of shape over the firing of Tom Landry. Tom was a legend and deserved more respect, that's true...from Tex Schramm! Tex is the guy that sold the team without even telling Tom about it and at least Jerry Jones got right on a plane after negotiations and went to personally talk to Tom Landry to tell him he had someone in mind to bring in.

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm no Jerry Jones fan. Trust me. I too wish for the more recent good ol' days with Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin.:)

Bandera YaYa
11-16-2004, 04:26 PM

Way to go TO! I feel exactly the same way!!! Jerry Jones can go to ......!!

Bellville22
11-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by fball_gal310
When are they going to get rid of that guy?

Wasn't Moose, Troy, Emmitt, Michael, and all of those guys around during the Jerry Jones era?

Go Cowboys!

Bellville22
11-16-2004, 05:05 PM
A poll taken among NFL players and former players on the classiest organization.

The Cowboys ranked as the 3rd classiest NFL organization.

For the record, the Texans were in the bottom 10.

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Wasn't Moose, Troy, Emmitt, Michael, and all of those guys around during the Jerry Jones era?

Go Cowboys! LOL, yes.;)

Bulldog_12
11-16-2004, 05:14 PM
I really lost interest when they gave up Emmit. Look at him now, still running and gunning just as good as he ever has. If they would have held onto him, they might have one aspect of that pitiful offense to be proud of. Oh well. Maybe next year.

gobbler grad
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
3-words
THEY ARE PITIFUL!!:( :(

Bellville22
11-16-2004, 05:28 PM
3 Words...

Five World Championships!

Keep the faith people, every team has down years. The Cowboys were really bad a few years before they won 3 titles in 4 years.

Titans
11-16-2004, 05:47 PM
The Emmitt situation reminds me of the Roger Clemens situation.

If you remember, Boston traded Roger and said he's out of gas. He's only won 4 Cy Youngs since his departure from Boston.

ONLY

I don't like Jerry one bit, and because of him, I don't like the Cowboys as a Jerry Jones team. Because of that man, I have turned into a "players" fan.

Instead of enjoying just watching 1 team, I find players that I enjoy watching play. Moss, Manning, LT, Roy Williams, Urlacher, Zach Thomas...and a few others. It used to be Barry Sanders...and I was never a Lions fan, but man could he run.

I do have Jerry to thank for that. I also have Jerry to thank for never being able to take my kids to a Dallas game. With the prices so steep, unless they pay me to attend, I can't take my family. Isn't that sad?????

Bulldog_12
11-16-2004, 05:49 PM
Well, they have to pay for that new stadium somehow. ha ha. But seriously, I cant believe they are leaving Texas Stadium. That has such history, same with the Astrodome and the Stros so I guess its cool, but its TEXAS STADIUM! :D

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:52 PM

Way to go TO! A-FREAKIN-MEN!!!! i thought I was the only one that thought this way...i HATE "Coach" Jones. i'm glad to see Parcells at least keeps his silly butt off of the sidelines and in his skybox!!! :mad:

signed,

Angry Man
http://home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/Funny%20Slam%20Pics/bert---1.gif

rockdale80
11-16-2004, 06:00 PM
bunch of fair weather fans.....what a shame.

GO COWBOYS!!!!

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
bunch of fair weather fans.....what a shame.

GO COWBOYS!!!! not i sir...i quit watching them when Jones fired Johnson.....there after, i became a Colts fan when they aquired Peyton Manning, i used to go watch him play in Knoxville when i was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC...i became an instant Manning fan...when he went to Indy...i followed.

Bulldog_12
11-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I have no want to support the Cowboys again. Im now a Philly fan. Have been for a few years now. I think Donovan McNabb is an awesome QB. Definately my favorite player in the NFL.

CHSBaseball07
11-16-2004, 06:34 PM
what is happening to "AMERICA'S TEAM" ?

mustang04
11-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
what is happening to "AMERICA'S TEAM" ?

youll find them stuck in ur plumbing

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
what is happening to "AMERICA'S TEAM" ? LOL...like i said above...for alot of us....that name was forfieted when Jones fired Johnson.

Keith7
11-16-2004, 06:41 PM
The cows should have never let Parcells be in charge of Player personel.. look at who he has playing on offense.. Its his 98 NY Jets team lol..

They shoulda kept the team that went 10-6 last season and built on that.. instead he tore it apart

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
The cows should have never let Parcells be in charge of Player personel.. look at who he has playing on offense.. Its his 98 NY Jets team lol..

They shoulda kept the team that went 10-6 last season and built on that.. instead he tore it apart i never was impressed w/ Quincy Carter....in my eye..he just wasnt a QB.

fball_gal310
11-17-2004, 03:02 PM
I agree...and I know that Emmitt, Troy and Moose were under Jones...but they didn't act like bad @$$E$ when they were playing either. Everybody respected them because they respected everyone else and didn't act like the world revolved around them...I STILL HATE THE NEW BOYS AND WANT THE OLD ONES BACK!!!

pirate4state
11-17-2004, 04:55 PM
:weeping: :weeping: I miss my BOYS!! I've missed Jay Novacek and now that they have seemed to find a decent replacement (Witten) he doesn't have a supporting "cast" around him! :weeping: I'm happy for the success Emmitt has had in AZ, but it is just WRONG that he is not in a Dallas uniform. :weeping: We need a QB, RB and a new defense. Is Darren Woodson ever gonna play this year? :weeping: I miss my boy, Darren!!! :weeping: Okay, I'm done.

Ranger05
11-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:weeping: :weeping: I miss my BOYS!! I've missed Jay Novacek and now that they have seemed to find a decent replacement (Witten) he doesn't have a supporting "cast" around him! :weeping: I'm happy for the success Emmitt has had in AZ, but it is just WRONG that he is not in a Dallas uniform. :weeping: We need a QB, RB and a new defense. Is Darren Woodson ever gonna play this year? :weeping: I miss my boy, Darren!!! :weeping: Okay, I'm done.
gotta keep ole roy williams he is a great athlete

pirate4state
11-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
gotta keep ole roy williams he is a great athlete
:doh: How could I forget 'ol Roy & we gotta keep Dat too. :thumbsup:

Jet1
11-17-2004, 07:10 PM
It will not be long know and we will see Henson in there

venomous tat2
11-18-2004, 10:42 AM
I've been a die hard cowboy fan for ever and have never turned my back on them even when they were 1 and 15 .I too don't care for J.J. but i'm not going to kick the team to the curb cause of him.Would you turn your back on your friend because you don't like their mom or dad , i would think not , well this is what i'm reading when some of you say i don't like the cowboys because of J.J. THE TEAM CAN'T CHANGE THAT.

Yes he's always in the way . I felt like the cowboys would be the first team to 3 peat but thanks to JJ it didn't happen.

The great years will always be remembered.
randy white ,hollywood henderson ,robert newhouse ,too tall jones ,roger staubach ,charlie waters .bob lilly .billy joe dupree , tony D ,preston pearson and the man that made it the cowboys america's team tom landry.
I think JJ got rid of tom because he was scared of him lol .

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
The great years will always be remembered.
randy white ,hollywood henderson ,robert newhouse ,too tall jones ,roger staubach ,charlie waters .bob lilly .billy joe dupree , tony D ,preston pearson and the man that made it the cowboys america's team tom landry.
I think JJ got rid of tom because he was scared of him lol .

I knew I liked you for a very good reason - now I know what it is. :)

venomous tat2
11-18-2004, 01:07 PM
THANKS MOM :)

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Certainly! :) BTW, did I mention that Charlie Waters sure was cute? :kiss: