PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Jesuit(10-1) vs. Longview(11-0)

BullFrog Dad
11-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Who do you like in this one?

jason
11-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Lonview builds a woodshed and proceeds to take jesuit behind it...

3afan
11-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Longview by 4+ TDs

BullFrog Dad
11-16-2004, 01:13 PM
I agree that Longview should take this one but there is a hidden point in my thread.

Flourhead
11-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Dallas Jesuit 35
Longview......17

mistanice
11-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Isn't this Jesuit's first time playing against "Regular schools"?

BullFrog Dad
11-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Isn't this Jesuit's first time playing against "Regular schools"? Yes.

Matthew328
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Jesuit is very lucky to be where they are....they play in a weak district and got to play Samuell in bi-district who is horrible...Longview by 40+ Bullfrog_Dad I don't agree with Jesuit being in the UIL but it is hardly the end of the world...they haven't recruited any stud athletes...they are winning with a 160lb TB who is slow as heck....LOL

BullFrog Dad
11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Jesuit is very lucky to be where they are....they play in a weak district and got to play Samuell in bi-district who is horrible...Longview by 40+ Bullfrog_Dad I don't agree with Jesuit being in the UIL but it is hardly the end of the world...they haven't recruited any stud athletes...they are winning with a 160lb TB who is slow as heck....LOL Matthew328, I agree with you on Jesuit playing a watered down schedule. This thread proves a point to several posters that felt a private school couldn't compete against even average UIL teams. At 10-1 they competed. I still feel that in time the UIL's ruling to allow private schools to join their districts will change Texas HS football as well as other sports. You are correct that it will not be the end of the world just a different one as far as Texas HS sports are concerned.

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Matthew328, I agree with you on Jesuit playing a watered down schedule. This thread proves a point to several posters that felt a private school couldn't compete against even average UIL teams. At 10-1 they competed. I still feel that in time the UIL's ruling to allow private schools to join their districts will change Texas HS football as well as other sports. You are correct that it will not be the end of the world just a different one as far as Texas HS sports are concerned. when did they change this rule? and will all private schools be integrated into regular schools or just those who opt to do so?

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
when did they change this rule? and will all private schools be integrated into regular schools or just those who opt to do so?
Just Dallas Jesuit and Houston Strake Jesuit. Both were too big for TAAPS and a Congressman from Houston (Nixon) had a son who went to Strake, so he decided to use his power to make the playing field "equal" for his son's school. They just started playing in the UIL this year.