View Full Version : Upsets?

Gsquared
11-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Any upset predictions for this week?

Bullaholic
11-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Any upset predictions for this week?

From this point on in the playoffs GSquared, I can only speak in worn-out generalities.....it can happen to almost anybody. Sorry I can't help more.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Ingleside over Port Isabel in a thriller.

RBARKER
11-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Liberty over Jasper would be my upset special for the week.

Flourhead
11-16-2004, 01:11 PM
zapata over sinton.... jk

cjeffsjeep
11-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
zapata over sinton.... jk

could happen

southern_thunder
11-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER

Not going to happen, not trying to talk trash to you Rbarker just saying Liberty will not beat Jasper.:D

Gsquared
11-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
Not going to happen, not trying to talk trash to you Rbarker just saying Liberty will not beat Jasper.:D
Not likely but ANYTHING can happen. WW/Hebron

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Neither would Kirbyville.:D :D :D :D :D

Sorry, thunder, I just couldn't resist. Good luck.

southern_thunder
11-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Neither would Kirbyville.:D :D :D :D :D

Sorry, thunder, I just couldn't resist. Good luck.

Liberty is not the team that Kville is.

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Caldwell over Connally.

Old Tiger
11-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Any upset predictions for this week? Nope but i was pretty upset after last friday.

RBARKER
11-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Liberty is not the team that Kville is.

I beg to differ. Liberty is a better team then when they meet Kirbyville. Liberty is tougher than you Jasper fans think I hope your around next week to tell us just how bad Liberty is.

Hupernikomen
11-16-2004, 10:51 PM
RB I have seen Liberty...and while I know they have some talented players they shouldn't be able to beat Jasper...but that is why they play the game.

Have you seen Jasper this year?

Hupernikomen
11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
I beg to differ. Liberty is a better team then when they meet Kirbyville. Liberty is tougher than you Jasper fans think I hope your around next week to tell us just how bad Liberty is.

Seems to me you are putting words in our mouths...sure we have picked our team to win...have you ever picked BH to lose...I don't think so. I haven't seen any Jasper fan claiming complete dominance over Liberty (well that one teenager that showed up today) heck most have admitted that Liberty will be a good close matchup.

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-16-2004, 11:50 PM
I believe that Zapata has a real chance to upset Sinton on Friday.

j_dog
11-17-2004, 12:26 AM
I pick Jasper to UPSET Liberty. :D There have been so many postings about this game that I can hardly wait to hear the results. No doubt, Liberty has a very good and tough team. Hardly anyone from Jasper would dispute that. That is why it will be an upset if Jasper wins. :)

Port_town_texas
11-17-2004, 04:27 AM
I pick Jasper and K'Ville to UPSET thurr opponents!!..LOL!!!:D :D :clap:

AggieJohn
11-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
I pick Jasper to UPSET Liberty. :D There have been so many postings about this game that I can hardly wait to hear the results. No doubt, Liberty has a very good and tough team. Hardly anyone from Jasper would dispute that. That is why it will be an upset if Jasper wins. :)

in my opinion if jasper is the 18 point favorite, than i choose liberty in the UPSET

RBARKER
11-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
RB I have seen Liberty...and while I know they have some talented players they shouldn't be able to beat Jasper...but that is why they play the game.

Have you seen Jasper this year?

No I havn't seen Jasper play. Just stats and articles is all I know about Jasper. When did you see Liberty Play? If it was at the begining of the year during there 5 game slide you haven't seen Liberty play. All that I'm trying to get across to you is that Liberty is a much better team now. Would I bet that they would beat Jasper? NO. Jasper is the favorite, this post is about Upsets I picked mine and then the Jasper parade comes in saying I'm wrong. It's my OPINION that Liberty has the ability to beat Jasper. Will it happen we will find out Friday.

BlueBlood
11-17-2004, 09:31 AM
No way is Liberty the favorite. Jasper has to be picked by at least 3 td's. Liberty comes any closer than that or wins it would have to be a hugh upset.

spiveyrat
11-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
I pick Jasper and K'Ville to UPSET thurr opponents!!..LOL!!!:D :D :clap:

Is typing "their" any more difficult than typing "thurr"?

Port_town_texas
11-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Is typing "their" any more difficult than typing "thurr"? no one said to be proper on this board.:nerd:

j_dog
11-17-2004, 03:43 PM
...It's my OPINION that Liberty has the ability to beat Jasper. ...
Now that I agree with. Liberty certainly has the ability to beat Jasper. But, I don't think they will. :) Has Liberty improved. Certainly. Has Jasper improved? Tremendously improved in my opinion. It should be a good shootout, no make that a "run out". :)

Hupernikomen
11-17-2004, 04:40 PM
No I havn't seen Jasper play. Just stats and articles is all I know about Jasper. When did you see Liberty Play? If it was at the begining of the year during there 5 game slide you haven't seen Liberty play. All that I'm trying to get across to you is that Liberty is a much better team now. Would I bet that they would beat Jasper? NO. Jasper is the favorite, this post is about Upsets I picked mine and then the Jasper parade comes in saying I'm wrong. It's my OPINION that Liberty has the ability to beat Jasper. Will it happen we will find out Friday.

Yep I know they have the ability to win. I saw them only on film and against us (tarkington). I know they are good. I also know that Jasper has the ability to eat their lunch if they put it all together. We haven't done that but in spurts this year though.

89JDAWG
11-17-2004, 05:10 PM
yep IF liberty can stay with in 21 points its an upset and they are better than I expect.
BUT BH is favored by 2 so K'VILL would be an upset pick.
now K'vill beat Jasper.....Liberty beat BH........ jasper does'nt stand a chance:hairpunk: we'll I'm sticking with 42-6 our way:D

rhs78
11-17-2004, 06:12 PM
div 1 huffman-hargraves over palestine
div-11 yoakum over liberity hill

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy
I believe that Zapata has a real chance to upset Sinton on Friday.

How much?

3afan
11-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Caldwell over Connally.

thats no upset - this game is a tossup