PDA

View Full Version : From Sinton GodFather to Sinton posters and readers only.

PhiI C
11-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Sometimes one assumes that because many people in the community know him and most athletes know him on site that the whole community knows him. I have found out that such is not always the case. I am a graduate of Freer High School but I have had the honor to be a Sinton residence for 25 years. My two sons only know loyalty to Sinton High and my wife is a graduate of Sinton High. I support and go to as many athletic functions and am known by several parents. I sometimes choose to follow the Lady Pirates because they don't always have the quantity of support that the boys do (and such is the case in most places). I made signs that sometimes are even posted in the high school. I have paid my Sinton Pirate booster club dues and attend meetings when I can. I found some of my posts on the Sinton Pirate football team has been misunderstood by some of the good folks in the community so I feel a need to set the record straight. I have predicted several games this year in which I said was going to be close while most if not all others said was going to be a blowout. I have been wrong on these occassions. But this is where the misunderstanding comes in and I wish to point out when I pick close games it is NOT for lack of confidence in our team or players. It is my fear (and maybe foolish fear I admit) of getting the players overconfident. I am older than most of you and I have seen high school team A beat team B by say two ts and team B beats team C by 40 points. Then when team A plays team C an easy win right? Right in most cases but I have seen team C pull an upset on team A though because team c played well and team a didn't because of overconfidence. When I predict close games when others are predicting blowouts it is that fear of overconfidence that makes me say close and not a lack of confidence in the Sinton Pirates or staff. I hope this is clear because when others say a close game sometimes I will say the opposite to try to build up confidence. I hope this explains what Phil C or PhiI C or Bill or Sinton GodFather is coming from. I have become friends with opposing players and coaches and fans the past several years and have met many outstanding friends from 3A downlow and established friendships that are very important to me that I value. But as I have told some of the Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates even though I am friends with them and value their friendship (and I know this goes both ways) I am always on their (Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates) side. GO PIRATES AND LADY PIRATES! FIGHT AND WIN!

sinton66
11-16-2004, 12:42 AM
I don't think any of us ever doubted your support and loyalty, Phil. I do think there might be a few folks pulling on your chain just a tad.;)

PhiI C
11-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I don't think any of us ever doubted your support and loyalty, Phil. I do think there might be a few folks pulling on your chain just a tad.;)

I am sure that is so 66 but still just in case I posted this thread mainly for those that I may never know or meet. :)

pirate44
11-16-2004, 07:06 AM
if they stick around long enough, they will get to know and appreciate you, Phil. even if people dont agree, it makes for some good and sometimes funny conversation. Keep doing what you do.

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Sometimes one assumes that because many people in the community know him and most athletes know him on site that the whole community knows him. I have found out that such is not always the case. I am a graduate of Freer High School but I have had the honor to be a Sinton residence for 25 years. My two sons only know loyalty to Sinton High and my wife is a graduate of Sinton High. I support and go to as many athletic functions and am known by several parents. I sometimes choose to follow the Lady Pirates because they don't always have the quantity of support that the boys do (and such is the case in most places). I made signs that sometimes are even posted in the high school. I have paid my Sinton Pirate booster club dues and attend meetings when I can. I found some of my posts on the Sinton Pirate football team has been misunderstood by some of the good folks in the community so I feel a need to set the record straight. I have predicted several games this year in which I said was going to be close while most if not all others said was going to be a blowout. I have been wrong on these occassions. But this is where the misunderstanding comes in and I wish to point out when I pick close games it is NOT for lack of confidence in our team or players. It is my fear (and maybe foolish fear I admit) of getting the players overconfident. I am older than most of you and I have seen high school team A beat team B by say two ts and team B beats team C by 40 points. Then when team A plays team C an easy win right? Right in most cases but I have seen team C pull an upset on team A though because team c played well and team a didn't because of overconfidence. When I predict close games when others are predicting blowouts it is that fear of overconfidence that makes me say close and not a lack of confidence in the Sinton Pirates or staff. I hope this is clear because when others say a close game sometimes I will say the opposite to try to build up confidence. I hope this explains what Phil C or PhiI C or Bill or Sinton GodFather is coming from. I have become friends with opposing players and coaches and fans the past several years and have met many outstanding friends from 3A downlow and established friendships that are very important to me that I value. But as I have told some of the Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates even though I am friends with them and value their friendship (and I know this goes both ways) I am always on their (Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates) side. GO PIRATES AND LADY PIRATES! FIGHT AND WIN!

WHATEVER........NOBODY REALLY CARES ABOUT ANYTHING YOU SAY.........JUST RELAX.....IT'S NO BIG DEAL!

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by COACHCOACH
WHATEVER........NOBODY REALLY CARES ABOUT ANYTHING YOU SAY.........JUST RELAX.....IT'S NO BIG DEAL!

I CARE!:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SINTON81
11-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Wow Phil, and all this time I thought you just hated to eat crow.;) ;)

Ranger354
11-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Phil,

I am fairly new to this site, but have always thought you give a different perspectiive to most threads.

Isn't this the purpose of these websites? To talk and give ones own point of view wheather they agree of disagree.

Maybe I can make the halftime get together at the upcoming game so I can put some faces to these names.

I never played a down of Highschool football. I was always hunting and fishing. That is what my father did, and my brother and I followed in his footsteps. Now that I look back I wish I had played, but I am too slow now. I hope both my boys play, but I will not make them. If they want to they can.

I have friends with kids on the team that I didn't even know about. I love football, I love watching Sinton play football. I love to play and watch volleyball also. I blew out a knee playing volleyball in Refugio about 10 years ago. To slow for that now too!

The point I am trying to make is this:

We expect this out of someone from Freer!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Glad to have you as a Sinton Fanatic even if you are a transplant!

GOFOR2
11-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by COACHCOACH

ROTFLMAO!!!!:D

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 04:24 PM
Its cool Phil glad you support the Pirates the way you do ...and its cool how yall have yalls friends on the board and tend to predict scores wins or whatever to try not to make your friends mad ...but i maybe one of this arrogant sinton fans but until proven otherwise i dont care what anyone from the area schools think of me ... So respect us (SINTON)

CS_WILDCATS
11-16-2004, 05:32 PM
now let me get this right, team a vs team c. will beat team b or was it the other way?:confused:
Just kidding, I with there were more fans like you who support there school.