PDA

View Full Version : Canyon vs Wylie

football4life
11-15-2004, 11:22 PM
With the big rematch between decatur and gainesville goin on, this one can get lost in the mix. good matchup, both teams have a lot to prove, more so canyon, as many still don't see them as one of the better teams around. any picks out there?

wildstangs
11-15-2004, 11:24 PM
I will take Wylie in a close one. 7 or less.

Ranger05
11-15-2004, 11:27 PM
going with canyon on this one in a close one

pero chato
11-15-2004, 11:30 PM
I think this one is close and low scoring. Wylie by 5.

Stangster
11-15-2004, 11:35 PM
This one is a real toss up, maybe too close to call... I'll give it a shot...Wylie by 7.

vet93
11-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Is Canyon another Panhandle Pretender......that is the real question....I will take Wylie by 14. Wylie has played a brutal schedule and have played very well in the second half of the season except for a 2nd half meltdown against Snyder. Sandifer teams generally play better as the playoffs progress. Go Bulldogs.

Adidas410s
11-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Until the Panhandle proves that it can win outside the Panhandle (see Perryton vs Everman from '02 i think!) then I must take Wylie. They have played as hard of a non-district schedule (SA Lakeview, Aledo, Decatur, Vernon, Graham, and Midland Greenwood) as anybody in Texas and have seen MANY quality football teams. Canyon on the other hand...has played Perryton...and we saw how great of a team Perryton is!

Wylie by 8...21-13

Gobbler Fan
11-16-2004, 10:43 AM
ahhh man I wanted to vote in a poll but oh well .........Canyon by 7

mulefan
11-16-2004, 12:19 PM
CANYON BY 10

lobo dad
11-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Wylie by 10. I think Sandifer will have these guys ready to play. Wylie has been in some big games this year, and I have no idea who Canyon has beaten besides Perryton.

westTXbest
11-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Wylie by 10

ranger
11-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Until the Panhandle proves that it can win outside the Panhandle (see Perryton vs Everman from '02 i think!) then I must take Wylie. They have played as hard of a non-district schedule (SA Lakeview, Aledo, Decatur, Vernon, Graham, and Midland Greenwood) as anybody in Texas and have seen MANY quality football teams. Canyon on the other hand...has played Perryton...and we saw how great of a team Perryton is!

Wylie by 8...21-13

Outside the panhandle huh?? Who the hell did beat everman in 2001???? Nobody in the whole state! SOOO Perryton did win outside the Panhandle, IE Vernon, Lamesa........ Everman of 2001, could beat the Dallas Cowboys this year.

thumptbh
11-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ranger
Outside the panhandle huh?? Who the hell did beat everman in 2001???? Nobody in the whole state! SOOO Perryton did win outside the Panhandle, IE Vernon, Lamesa........ Everman of 2001, could beat the Dallas Cowboys this year.

if i remember right didnt perryton lose in the semi finals that year. if so i wouldnt call that a pretender. going to the quarterfinals is a pretty good run.

Black & Gold
11-16-2004, 05:21 PM
I think that Wylie will be to strong for Canyon. I still think that Canyon has a pretty good team, I just think Wylie has more talent at the skill positions. You may think I'm crazy but I'm gonna say Wylie by 18.

thumptbh
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Wylie by 8...21-13

i have to disagree with you that wylie has played that tough of a schedule.

lakeview 6-4 was beat bad by randall in playoffs who canyon beat in regular season 22-8

aledo 7-3 was beat by the good teams they played

decatur - no problem here

vernon - 5-5 did not make playoffs

graham - 6-4 good team but

greenwood 5-5 but good team

i can respect your pick cause it will be two well matched football teams out there but your argument dont hold much weight.

mustang04
11-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by thumptbh

lakeview 6-4 was beat bad by randall in playoffs who canyon beat in regular season 22-8

i can respect your pick cause it will be two well matched football teams out there but your argument dont hold much weight.

ok...how about that they beat a 9-2 sweetwater?????..wylie is good

pero chato
11-16-2004, 06:14 PM

You're right, these teams don't exactly have the best of records as it turns out. However, you have to consider who they played as well. I think each of them had tough schedules. And also when the schedules were made last year, all of these teams were playoff caliber.

RangerRedFan
11-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Ok, here's my opinion on this. Canyon did beat a couple of pretty decent teams...Lubbock Cooper isn't too shabby, although some might say that was a "tainted" win. While some of you may think Perryton isn't much, I won't get into a shouting match over them. Seems how I am from there, I would of course be bias, but I think Canyon would tell you that Perryton was a "decent" team. The fact is, comparing who a team beat doesn't mean anythiing to me unless you (being Canyon or Wylie) were the only teams that beat them all year long. Teams match up different, and may have key injuries one week and not the next. So it is my opinion that while it is "fun" to guess a winner each week, it is a nothing more than that....a guess. That being said, I will take a "guess" and go with Canyon by 3 :D

thumptbh
11-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
ok...how about that they beat a 9-2 sweetwater?????..wylie is good

and cooper beat sweetwater and canyon beat cooper. i never said wylie was not good . i think they are a real good team. but in the post i question it was based on wylie playing good teams and canyon not playing nobody. i agree with rangerred that teams match up differently and alot depends on who has a good game that night. any of these teams are capable of beating the other.

thumptbh
11-17-2004, 11:54 AM
and by the way perryton was a great football team. they could have played with anybody mentioned and won. it just wasnt thier year. those that dont think so i bet never saw them play.

DirtRoad
11-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Think the difference will be Wylie's defense. Not taking anything away from the offense, but think their defense will be the part of the game that gets them past Canyon. Offense is good, but defense is underated, lots oF speed/size/strength, and tackle well.

JUST MY TAKE, BUT I AIN'T VERY SMART.
:rolleyes: :p

pero chato
11-17-2004, 01:48 PM
and by the way perryton was a great football team. they could have played with anybody mentioned and won. it just wasnt thier year. those that dont think so i bet never saw them play.

I agree 100%. I think their case was the injury bug bit a little too deep.

thumptbh
11-17-2004, 04:15 PM
i agree dirt, wylie has some awesome athletes. if both teams play to their abilites it will be a great game.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-17-2004, 05:10 PM
I'll take Canyon in this one. I don't know much about them though. I do know that Wylie is battle tested. They have also been beat. Conversly I also know Canyon has yet to be beat. Not that it matters now, but I just have a feeling.

PHS Ranger Mom
11-17-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm cheering for Canyon. Last year wasn't your year, this year wasn't the Rangers year! Canyon & Canadian -- this is your time to represent the Panhandle and remind the state that we do have great athletes!!!

The Rangers suffered injury problems this year and I know it happens to all teams at some point, but any opinions as far as coaching decisions and substitutions?

Da Mules
11-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Major injuries I am aware of at Perryton: lost it's best overall player, Jake Waide, before district even began, then lost his replacement T Olivarez in the final district game against Canyon.. unless you have an unusually good bumper crop of all-around senior and junior athletes, you just can't take a hit like that at the "mid"-3A level and not have it effect your program. Canyon with a lot more students lost 2 QB's and other starters last season, and it was a wipeout for them. It wouldn't take even that many injuries to decimate Muleshoe, who sits at the bottom of the population ladder at 411, as nearly all of the starters play O & D.
Hopefully Canyon paid it's injury bill in full last season.
They are a powerhouse program and I think they will clear up a lot of this Panhandle talk this Friday night.. Canyon by 14.

jmcgee
11-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Im goin to say Wylie by 7 close game can go ethier way

Johnny Moxen
11-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Well as they say, everyone in the palyoffs is good as they have earned the right to be there. Weal schedule.teams or not, Canyon has won all of their games. That earns my respect as well. However, I have to go with the home team on this one, Wylie by 10. Should be a great game though.

Jet1
11-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Wylie by 7

eagleman
11-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Hey gang. I'm new to the board but wanted to at least give my input on this one. Canyon has not put together a first half in the last four games. While on paper it appears their schedule may have not been that strong, you gotta look @ who all made playoffs; Randall (4a still going), Cooper, Perryton (w/out injuries would still be going), Seminole, Borger. Obviously, I'm going with the Eagles but still know we will have to put together 4 solid quarters to get a "w" here.

pero chato
11-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by eagleman
Hey gang. I'm new to the board but wanted to at least give my input on this one. Canyon has not put together a first half in the last four games. While on paper it appears their schedule may have not been that strong, you gotta look @ who all made playoffs; Randall (4a still going), Cooper, Perryton (w/out injuries would still be going), Seminole, Borger. Obviously, I'm going with the Eagles but still know we will have to put together 4 solid quarters to get a "w" here.

Welcome aboard Eagleman! I think Canyon's schedule was plenty tough enough and they've earned their #9 ranking, although not everyone will agree. In my mind, winning every game you play is difficult regardless of strength of schedule. I also think they have Wylie's respect as any team should this time of year. Wylie played one of their better "team effort" games last week against Ft. Stockton. It was a very unusual game to say the least--with Ft. Stockton's sideline to sideline spread offense. I know Canyon runs a spread offense as well, but I don't think it's as radical as Stockton's. Wylie will have to play another complete game to get the win in this one as well. Good luck to both teams on an injury free night. Whoever wins will need ALL their hosses next week!

eagleman
11-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome and good luck on your side as well. Since you're from Abilene maybe you know. Is there something behind the face painting or just an intimidation move?

pero chato
11-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome and good luck on your side as well. Since you're from Abilene maybe you know. Is there something behind the face painting or just an intimidation move?

Help me out here. Who is painting their faces?

eagleman
11-19-2004, 12:58 PM
wylie players. painting looking like skeletons

pero chato
11-19-2004, 01:16 PM
wylie players. painting looking like skeletons

hmmmm...halloween is over, so..... well now you got me intrigued. Let me do some checking and I'll get back to you. If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear or see about the face painting?

eagleman
11-19-2004, 01:19 PM
www.wyliesports.com pics from last week's game vs Ft Stockton.

Black_Magic
11-19-2004, 01:20 PM
maybe your thinking of someone ells in the district who paints faces. I know of one that does but its because they are so ugly... Inbreading you know does that. LOL Just Joking! :clap:

Phantom Stang
11-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Good luck Bulldogs! Do 4-3A proud!!

pero chato
11-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
maybe your thinking of someone ells in the district who paints faces. I know of one that does but its because they are so ugly... Inbreading you know does that. LOL Just Joking! :clap:

gee I can't imagine to whom you are referring!! LOL!

pero chato
11-19-2004, 01:35 PM
www.wyliesports.com pics from last week's game vs Ft Stockton.

Well I'll be derned! We can't see any of that from the stands, so I had no idea. If I was Stockton, I would be laughing too hard to play! I can't believe Sandifer allowed that.