PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Punkin

Ranger Mom
11-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Thank you to my downlow family for all your thoughts and prayers for me as I dealt with my cat, Punkin.

She slipped peacefully into whatever lies ahead at 4:30 this afternoon in the arms of the person who loved her the most.

I've cried, I've laughed, and I've cried some more. She is now buried in her favorite flowerbed and next year I will plant something in her honor.

Thanks again for all your kind words, the email card I received (I would like to know who you are) and special thanks to Sinton66 for your numerous PM's!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/Punkin2.jpg

June 1, 1985 - November 15, 2004

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your cat. Losing a pet that has been in your life that long is like losing a family member. I lost a dog that had been with me since I was born a few years ago and I remember that being pretty sad. Here's to you and your cat and all of the fond memories you shared with it. I hope your week goes by better and that God blesses you as well.

Bullaholic
11-15-2004, 07:34 PM
So very sorry, RM. Our pets are sometimes almost as hard to lose as people. I lost my constant companion, my black lab, 4 years ago, and I still miss her. I know my dog and your cat are now playing in the fields across the "Rainbow Bridge".

vet93
11-15-2004, 07:38 PM
RM...I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose an old and faithful friend. Having to put to sleep patients that you have become attached to for owners that you call friend is the hardest thing that I do in my job. As difficult as this time is right now....the feelings of sadness will fade and the thing that you will remember the most are the warm feelings that you have for Punkin....those feelings will never fade.

CHS_CG
11-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Well I am soo sorry about the cat RM. I was hoping my thread of thoughts and prayers would be enough to get the kitty thru a lil longer. She will be missed!

RIP Punkin!

footballgal
11-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I am sorry Ranger Mom, to hear about Punkin. I had no Idea she was ill, old, or whatever, I guess I wasn't paying attention. But, I do have an idea of how you must feel, I will never forget, my beloved "HONEY" a beautiful German Shepard, she was with my family for about 13 years(we got her when she was 3-4 yrs old). What made us feel worse was that we had to choose to put her to sleep, because she was in pain. :( :(

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2004, 07:42 PM
RM, I'm sorry about Punkin and your loss. We were worried about you in the chat room yesterday. :( *meow*

Keith7
11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

June 1, 1985 - November 15, 2004

Wow that cat was almost as old as me

44INAROW
11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
So sorry about your loss Ranger Mom. Sounds like she was loved very much :inlove:

Ranger Mom
11-15-2004, 07:48 PM
I never dreamed it would be so hard to let go. I am crying just thinking about it right now. I had to take her to a vet I had never met, mine was closed today, and he was so compassionate.
I was holding her and talking to her - telling her what a good cat she had been (even though she was deaf) I just KNOW she knew what feelings I was conveying.

One thing the vet told me was that animals that are not loved do not live to almost 20 years of age. That helped alot. He said there was nothing I could have done, she was old, her kidneys were failing. She was in NO pain, and when I told him I felt like a murderer, he said humanely euthanizing an animal so they DON'T suffer pain is the biggest love of all.

I'm a basketcase right now, and my poor husband doesn't know what to do or say! He dug the hole I requested in the flower bed. When I got home, I took her out there and the hole was full of water (it's been raining all day), I just burst into tears. I couldn't not put her in a hole full of water. Like the trooper he is, he bailed the water out and held an umbrella over us till I had her all wrapped up in her bed and said some last goodbyes.

He is not really a pet person, but I love him so much for caring that I am!!

sinton66
11-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Sorry, RM, If my daughter knew, she would insist on giving you one of hers. Rest in peace, Punkin. And, RM, Jimmy's a great guy, I knew it from the moment I met him.

CHS_CG
11-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Nah 66, she wouldnt take the cat.. I already told her last week that I would take the lil kitten that we are takin care of(a stray but cute as can be thingy) and she said she couldnt have another one.

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 08:15 PM
losing a pet is hard

Keith7
11-15-2004, 08:41 PM
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/2386/Punkin2.gif

ej2525
11-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Sorry RM.... :(

mustang04
11-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Rangermom....my feelings go out to you completely. I know how it feels to lose a pet. When i was 3 my dad brought home a pit-bull that we named buck, and i remember that night so well. I remember him yelpin for his mamma (he was only a couple of weeks old) and i remember gettin to lay beside his box while he licked my hand, this is one of my best memories by the way. But last year on a thursday my dad accidentally backed over him after hookin up to a trailer, and him and my mom said that Buck started limpin to the house and then collapsed and my mom sat there holding him until he died after a couple of minutes. They didnt tell me about this tilla couple days later on saturday cuz that friday we had a football game and they didnt want me playing with that on my mind, cuz they knew how close me and buck were, when they told me tho i cried for hours, i basically grew up w/ Buck since i was 3 till i was 17, hes in some of my first memories...was the best dog anyone could ever have, was obedient, a hell of a fighter whenever other dogs would roam onto our property, and a GREAT cow-dog....but most of all he was my best friend:( so again my feelings are with u on this loss

CheerMom
11-15-2004, 09:31 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :(