PDA

View Full Version : Texas Vs. A&M

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 07:06 PM
It's not too early to start talking about this is it?? I am so ready for this game...so much TALK from both sides has been floating in the air ever since the start of the season...........What do yall think...Whats yalls predictions...........This game.....Decides Texas' season this year....as either a BUST...or a good year finishing as one of the better teams in the BCS Rankings......HOOK EM HORNS!!! Texas by 17 in this one......i think at home....after the way they showed that they could come back on OSU at home....Texas is gonna be WAY Too prepared with 2 weeks of practice and the coaching they get for A&M to hang in this one

AggieJohn
11-15-2004, 07:09 PM
hey buddy, A&M gets two weeks of practice and coaching as well..the game is going to be close and will come down to turnovers...a&m has with exception of UTAH...been in every game they have played this season and could of won them all if they didn't commit so many turnovers.....ags win by 3

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 07:10 PM
WOW! Game is still two weeks away and this thread already comes up. Aggies surprise UT this year. The Crew shuts down Benson with their stellar rush defense and UT's passing inconsistency really shows. Upset in Austin.

Bellville22
11-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
....Texas is gonna be WAY Too prepared with 2 weeks of practice and the coaching they get

"the coaching they get"

Does anyone else think that's really funny?:D

AggieJohn
11-15-2004, 07:12 PM
yeah cause we all know mack's record in big day games

CHSBaseball07
EXPLAYER i thought you were ROM'd for 2 weeks...has it been that already?? lol.............WE WILL SEE MY FRIEND...ONLY TIME WILL TELL FROM NOW!!! LETS GO HORNS!!!

panther power
Gig em' AGS! Fran is gonna show why he is the man in this one. I tell you it is a conspiracy! But I gotta go with the ags in this one, by 6. Holiday time is here so Benson is coming home to west texas and the last time he was here he was busted for pot in a friends apartment in midland. He aint gonna be all there. But u gotta luv austin, where the girls are girls and the boys are too!

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 07:14 PM
panther power keep the stupid replies outta this one..."where the girls are girls and the boys are too"...this is a thread over the Football game not the people in the town....guess you forgot

Bellville22
11-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Should be a pretty good game, both teams looking at good bowls.

From what I hear, the winner of this game goes Cotton, and the loser goes Holiday.

Too early to predict a score.

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
yeah cause we all know mack's record in big day games
Big games would mean a good opponent, and since we're playin a&m I dont see a good opponent so this isnt a big game

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Thats not true, heres the deal, if UT goes to a BCS bowl, A&M will MOST LIKELY go to the Cotton bowl, but if we win, it will probably knock UT outta contention for the BCS and put them in the Cotton bowl instead.

Bellville22
11-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Barring an upset at the top, UT is probably out of a BCS bowl already, as Utah and Cal would get the nod ahead of them.

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Barring an upset at the top, UT is probably out of a BCS bowl already, as Utah and Cal would get the nod ahead of them.
Theres 3 Big Bowls which equals 6 teams so who else gets the nod over UT as it stand USC, OU, Auburn, Cal, and Utah are only 5 teams

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Texas wins...they are in a "BCS" bowl game.....and yes they will win......

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Auburn better go over OU

big daddy russ
11-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Big games would mean a good opponent, and since we're playin a&m I dont see a good opponent so this isnt a big game
Sorry, Dre. A&M's a better team than a lot of people on this board seem to think. They have holes in their running game and in their secondary, but they have one of the three or four best QB's in the game and their run defense has stopped everyone that they've played sans Utah. Morency was held to 60 yards below his average and about 3.9 yards per carry. Adrian Peterson couldn't get anything going, either, averaging a paltry 3.5 yards per carry even though Jason White had opened up the offense. Until Young becomes a more consistent passer, I can't see A&M losing.

big daddy russ
11-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Theres 3 Big Bowls which equals 6 teams so who else gets the nod over UT as it stand USC, OU, Auburn, Cal, and Utah are only 5 teams
Four big bowls.

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2004, 07:40 PM
EXPLAYER i thought you were ROM'd for 2 weeks...has it been that already?? lol.............WE WILL SEE MY FRIEND...ONLY TIME WILL TELL FROM NOW!!! LETS GO HORNS!!!

Actually it should've been 3 weeks; only lasted about 1 1/2 days, if that.

UT by a lot! GO HORNS! (Sorry, Bulldog_12.....you know what I mean.)

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 07:42 PM
I know I know.:(

big daddy russ
11-15-2004, 07:42 PM

The BCS Bowls have to take the Champs of the BCS conferences no matter what. You have one Bowl (rotating yearly) that represents the National Championship game. This year, it's the Orange Bowl. Then you have to plug in your BCS Conference champs. Big 10, Big XII, Pac-10, Big East, ACC and SEC. If a mid-major finishes sixth or better in the BCS polls (see Utah), they are guaranteed a spot in a BCS Bowl. Cal is a more likely BCS team than UT, so they'd probably pick up the final invite.

The Rose Bowl typically places a Pac-10 against a Big Ten team or Notre Dame. The Fiesta usually gets Big XII and Big East. The Sugar Bowl usually picks up the SEC and the ACC.

As it's playing out right now, the Big East really sucks. Boston College is the team to beat. USC is the Pac-10 champ, OU is the Big XII champ, Michigan is the Big Ten champ, Auburn is the SEC champ and Miami is the ACC champ. That leaves Texas, Utah, Boise State (who has no business being in the top 25), Louisville, Wisconsin and Cal as the most likely at-large candidates.

Being that USC is playing in the National Championship as of right now, it leaves an open invitation to the Rose Bowl. More than likely, it will go to Cal not only because of their high ranking, but also because of its locality. Provided that Utah wins out, they SHOULD get in whether they're ranked sixth or not. It would be the first time in history that a school from outside of the BCS conferences

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I know I know.:(

;) :kiss:

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Take away those INTS Young has thrown and his accuracy has been there.... i think EVEN HE can pick apart A&M w/ short passes to Thomas and Scaife at the Tight end spot...

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 07:44 PM
So what your basically saying is that Ut can expect another Ctoon Bowl, and A&M is probably stuck with Holiday Bowl?

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Remember last year...was it the first score of the game...about a 40 yarder to the GREAT DAVID THOMAS? lol Get that picture in your head and get ready for it...and seeing

BENSON
in the Camera...cause thats all your gonna see is his back runnin towards the endzone

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Good luck getting him through that D-Line! I cant help but bring back what Russ said a few minutes ago, look at the great running backs that have come to meet us and look what happened to their stats. Vince better not go into his immature QB phase like he is prone to do.

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 07:52 PM
he wont dont worry.....i hope ...haha...i mean he has been good in the comebacks lately...and that says hes good underpressure...(I know i know it was OSU and Kansas but still)

gobbler grad
11-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Texas has come back 2 weeks in a row to save their a..!!!This time A&M will be to stingy on defense and Young comes up short... Good-bye to BCS, see you in the cotton bowl. A&M by 1 pt. over Texas, probably miss an extra point.

Any other time I root for Texas, but not this time...
GIG'EM AGGIES:cheerl: :cheerl:

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2004, 08:22 PM
a&m barely pulled out a win against Tech at home.

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 08:28 PM
barely pulled it out at home against Tech...Colorado...and umm it dont matter where yall were playing Baylor...and now yall will say what about Kansas...but guess what...TEXAS WON!

gobbler grad
11-15-2004, 08:34 PM
But they won, yeah, they lost to Baylor and so they had a bad game, A&M took OU to the limit, Texas never got out of the blocks

JHS_c/o_06'
11-15-2004, 08:36 PM
OK...there are too many things (if you wanna compare games) to figure in, A&M barely pulled off the win aginast Tech, UT demolished Tech. A&M lost to....lol.....Baylor:D , UT....Demolished Baylor. A&M was ahead for most of the game against OU, UT was never a head but held them to 12 points. Benson is amazing on his feet and i thing Vince is even better. I mean come on 4th and about 32....tucked it and ran for 38...wow. Anyways, Bulldog_12, no offense, i dont see why you keep bringing up these "immature fits" of Young, its like your trying to find something to talk down on them. That has nothing to do with the game, so leave it be. As for UT's passing game, its just like Jasper's, when its hot...lol...oh boy is it on fire, but when its not....like against Diboll...its mediocre at best. I say its either a UT close win (42-40) or a UT runaway ( 54 - 24 ). I dont know which one, i hope for the second but expect the first. A&M has a good team, im gonna give them credit, ive been following them the last few weeks. But I gotta go with my horns, i think this is the year mack and ut will finally get the "monkey" off thier back as will Jasper :D , BTW your avatar is funny EXplayer (at least i think its you who has the pic with a monkey on mack's back)

gobbler grad
11-15-2004, 08:43 PM
sorry, but it was 4th and 18 and he got 22...he's a good qb, probably one of the best right now, i'm just waiting for the Aggies to pull off the upset...like I said "this is the only time I don't cheer for the horns":evillaugh :evil:

chubbed_up
11-15-2004, 08:50 PM
gig 'em aggies

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Ok, c/o 06. The Immature fits were regarding him on the field and how he likes to degress to a lower standard than he should be playing. So yes it has something to do with the game, and I believe this is the first time I have mentioned it on here. He did it in the first half against OSU and they didnt take advantage of it. In fact the whole team degressed, but thats not the point right now. What Im saying is that V. Young better come with his A-game and not the one that he likes to bring out (hence OSU, Mizzou, OU) These games he made some poor choices and hopefully he has gotten over them. And far be it that I am saying Reggie McNeal is perfect. He does the same thing, some days the REAL Reggie shows up, and the others some high schooler from Lufkin High comes to play. Both better be on top of their best game ever.

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 08:53 PM
The atmosphere at this game is going to be great

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Im sure it will be amazing. I know of a WHOLE bunch of Ags who got tickets to this game. SHould be quite a bit of maroon as well as burnt orange. Im jealous of KTJ for being able to be there. Have fun though.

La Grange
11-15-2004, 08:57 PM
My brother talked to Reggie at the Beta Theta Pi party, and Reggie said that they were going to win. So if Reggie said it I am going to go with him.

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 08:58 PM
I am 98% sure im GOING!!! HAHA

theonly11
11-15-2004, 08:59 PM
wouldnt you think texas's passing game wont be much of a factor in this game considering benson had 250+ last year on the ground? Young wont have to make any plays, but instead will be able to rely on his feet and play action passes to get receivers open. UT by 21.

Bellville22
11-15-2004, 09:00 PM

Wrong.

There are 8 teams that go to BCS Bowls. The 6 BCS Conference Champs get the automatic bid, with 2 at large bids.

So at this point, the lconference champs look like this...

Big 12: Oklahoma
SEC: Auburn
Pac 10: USC
Big Ten: Michigan
ACC: Miami (could be FSU/Virginia, but right now it's Miami)
Big East: Boston Collage (sad)

That's 6, which leaves 2 at-large bids. Contending legitimately are Texas, Cal, and Utah.

BCS rules state that if a non-BCS conference team is in the top 6 (Utah), they must receive a bid, even if there is another BCS Conference team not receiving an automatic bid (Texas) ahead of them. So if Utah stays in the top 6, they go.

That leaves one at-large bid open, and it comes down to Texas and Cal. Right now Cal is ahead of Texas, and all signs indicate that they will receive the final at-large bid over Texas.

So Texas needs Utah or Cal to lose to have a shot.

So as I said, from what I hear, the winner of the UT/A&M game goes Cotton, while the loser goes Holiday.

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 09:01 PM
I have one problem with your post.....last year. Whole different team this year. A team last year got beat 77-0 by OU, this year it was 42-35 OU. Granted Im going to get..Last year you beat Baylor, this year you cant. Oh well, this is a new year and a totally different game. I think its going to come down to the wire with the Ags pulling the "shocking" upset.

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 09:01 PM
i like that idea

Bellville22
11-15-2004, 09:05 PM

Wrong.

There are 8 teams that go to BCS Bowls. The 6 BCS Conference Champs get the automatic bid, with 2 at large bids.

So at this point, the locks look like this...

Big 12: Oklahoma
SEC: Auburn
Pac 10: USC
Big Ten: Michigan
ACC: Miami (could be FSU/Virginia, but right now it's Miami)
Big East: Boston Collage (sad)

That's 6, which leaves 2 at-large bids. Contending legitimately are Texas, Cal, and Utah.

BCS rules state that if a non-BCS conference team is in the top 6 (Utah), they must receive a bid, even if there is another BCS Conference team not receiving an automatic bid (Texas) ahead of them. So if Utah stays in the top 6, they go.

That leaves one at-large bid open, and it comes down to Texas and Cal. Right now Cal is ahead of Texas, and all signs indicate that they will receive the final at-large bid over Texas.

So Texas needs Utah or Cal to lose to have a shot.

So as I said, from what I hear, the winner of the UT/A&M game goes Cotton, while the loser goes Holiday.

Bellville22
11-15-2004, 09:06 PM
And I posted that twice, my bad guys, didn't think it went through the first time. Did I mention I love my computer.

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 09:08 PM
yea u just did

KTJ
11-15-2004, 09:32 PM
I won't give my analysis on this game until next week and I really didn't want to bring it up this early. But I'll give a short blurb after reading through the first few replies to CHS's post.

1.) Many of you--actually A LOT of you--are underestimating the defense of Texas which is #1 in the conference.

2.) We are most likely headed for the Cotton Bowl yet again, as sad as I am about that.

3.) A&M beat Tech in OT at College Station. We beat Tech by 30+ in Lubbock. I don't know what makes people so sure that A&M will stroll into DKR and beat us so soundly.

4.) A lot of you are also bashing VY for no reason and have no idea how dangerous he is when he scrambles and runs the ball.

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 09:34 PM
KTJ, even you can say that VY plays foolishly sometimes. I know that you've seen it. Im not bashing him, just pointing out an error that needs to be corrected before going into another big game. It could end up costing him this time.

Bellville22
11-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I won't give my analysis on this game until next week and I really didn't want to bring it up this early. But I'll give a short blurb after reading through the first few replies to CHS's post.

1.) Many of you--actually A LOT of you--are underestimating the defense of Texas which is #1 in the conference.

2.) We are most likely headed for the Cotton Bowl yet again, as sad as I am about that.

3.) A&M beat Tech in OT at College Station. We beat Tech by 30+ in Lubbock. I don't know what makes people so sure that A&M will stroll into DKR and beat us so soundly.

4.) A lot of you are also bashing VY for no reason and have no idea how dangerous he is when he scrambles and runs the ball.

1.) Absolutely right. A&M's offense is good, but I am certainly not underestimating the UT D. I think the Aggies will have a tough time moving the ball against arguably the best D in the country.

2.) Correct, if Texas wins, probably Cotton. Please explain to some of the UT fans how their BCS Bowl chances are slim. I think I have the scenerios right on my previous post. (both of them, haha)

3.) You obviously have football knowledge, so you know that all stats can be thrown out in rivalries. All of those games are rivalries. As is the game that will take place the day after Thanksgiving. And you also know that Fran will have A&M as ready as they possibly can be. Is that enough? Only time will tell.

4.) I don't bash VY. Perhaps a crack here and there, but in all seriousness, he's a great college football player. I just get upset when people label him a great QB and act like he's going to be a great NFL QB. He's a below average passer. He doesn't have the throwing ability or mental capacity to play QB in the NFL. Could be a tremendous WR however. I have every idea how great this guy is scrambling, as does A&M.

And your right, it's way too early to talk about this game.

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Those were both two quality posts. Keep up the good ones guys.

SintonFan
11-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Aggies could beat UT this year...
with a healthy McNeal...:D

edibleeggs
11-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Yes, its true that t.u.'s D is one of the best in the country but your forgetting that this is REGGIE MCNEAL...he is one of the top 5 qb's in the nation in total offense. Not to mention that if you forget bout courtney, he could surprise you. So I wouldn't be so quick to talk of t.u's D. As someone said earlier in this thread i believe that this game will come down to T.O.'s. The winner of that battle will most likely win the game.

Longhorn^
11-16-2004, 12:03 AM
SCORE BY QUARTERS 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
-------------------- --- --- --- --- ---
Texas............... 110 95 92 62 - 359
Opponents........... 48 64 3 50 - 165

Texas Defense?? Yea we got that!
Looking for a blow out, hoping for a win! TEXAS!:hand:
And Texas is +4 in the turnover column!

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Longhorn^
...And Texas is +4 in the turnover column!
Take a look at A&M's turnover margin.

Longhorn^
11-16-2004, 12:15 AM
SCORE BY QUARTERS 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Total
-------------------- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Texas A&M........... 58 92 40 89 10 - 289
Opponents........... 27 66 40 62 8 - 203

Hmmm A&M is +8 in the turnover column! WoW!!

they match up pretty good this year! cept the Aggs give up alot of points!

Stats really dont matter too much in this game though! Either team could be undefeated and whooping everyone, and the other losing horribly to everyone. It would still be an awsome game! Both teams really gear up for this one! Both schools will be pumped for the "game of the year" Nothing else matters to either team except beating each other! Going to be one *$%# of a game!

Bulldog_12
11-16-2004, 12:24 AM
I really am excited for this game. This is the first time in a loooong time that I have been excited to watch this game. Both teams are doing very well this year. And it seems like for once they are evenly matched. Should be a really fun day. I cant wait another two weeks. oh well, guess I have no choice.:D

AggieBob
11-16-2004, 12:46 AM
I have to make a comment on the Tech game...:nerd:Since everyone seems to compare the scores of tu v tt and A&M v tt. YOU PEOPLE MUST REMEMBER A&M's pass defense is considered one of the worst in the nation! We held tt to LESS than 30 points! It doesnt matter if we squeked by a passing power! WHY? because our pass D is minimal. BUT t.u DOESN'T PASS near as much as tt! NOt even remotly close! so the tech game matters none. tu and tech have opposite offences. :rolleyes:

stallion02
11-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by AggieBob
I have to make a comment on the Tech game...:nerd:Since everyone seems to compare the scores of tu v tt and A&M v tt. YOU PEOPLE MUST REMEMBER A&M's pass defense is considered one of the worst in the nation! We held tt to LESS than 30 points! It doesnt matter if we squeked by a passing power! WHY? because our pass D is minimal. BUT t.u DOESN'T PASS near as much as tt! NOt even remotly close! so the tech game matters none. tu and tech have opposite offences. :rolleyes:

excellent post, football is all about how the teams match up; and by the way, we were also the first defense to hold them under 300 yards passing this year, even with our "poor secondary"

But on another note, Texas fans are making sloppy arguements in this forum as to why they will win. I understand who you are rooting for, but please make some sense in explaining why they'll win.

Reggie is easily the better quarterback. Better with his legs and his arm. Stop acting like Young is yalls big advantage or secret to victory. Benson is a sensational runningback, but NO ONE has been able to rush on our front 7 this year. And talking about last year's game is a horrible point. I know we sucked. We sucked bad. But our boys have definitely turned it around big time and given me a world of confidence after their play this year. If yall had been watching us, you might see it too. I've already seen several posts in here by UT fans that are corrected by an Aggie fan right after it, because for the most part you dont know what you're talking about.

I dont really see either team getting over 25 points. Texas' main philosophy this year has been to go with the run, and if we can get you to be unsuccessful with that, and abandon it, you will be in a world of trouble. The big question is on our offense and how well they play. They need to have a strong performance against your defense, especially with yall at home. I see A&M playing to its potential, and winning the showdown in Austin. But either way, I definitely think we will have a close game come Thanksgiving

bmbf_06
11-16-2004, 09:21 AM

you seem sooooo confident....it'll be pretty funny when Texas is upset by the ags!

KTJ
11-16-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by stallion02
excellent post, football is all about how the teams match up; and by the way, we were also the first defense to hold them under 300 yards passing this year, even with our "poor secondary"

But on another note, Texas fans are making sloppy arguements in this forum as to why they will win. I understand who you are rooting for, but please make some sense in explaining why they'll win.

Reggie is easily the better quarterback. Better with his legs and his arm. Stop acting like Young is yalls big advantage or secret to victory. Benson is a sensational runningback, but NO ONE has been able to rush on our front 7 this year. And talking about last year's game is a horrible point. I know we sucked. We sucked bad. But our boys have definitely turned it around big time and given me a world of confidence after their play this year. If yall had been watching us, you might see it too. I've already seen several posts in here by UT fans that are corrected by an Aggie fan right after it, because for the most part you dont know what you're talking about.

I dont really see either team getting over 25 points. Texas' main philosophy this year has been to go with the run, and if we can get you to be unsuccessful with that, and abandon it, you will be in a world of trouble. The big question is on our offense and how well they play. They need to have a strong performance against your defense, especially with yall at home. I see A&M playing to its potential, and winning the showdown in Austin. But either way, I definitely think we will have a close game come Thanksgiving

Calling the UT fans dumb does nothing but make you look like an idiot. Show me one post where we "show sloppy arguments"?

Hopefully the rest of the Aggies on this website will correct you because you obviously have no idea what YOU are talking about.

Dogman
11-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Horns win and by a bunch........

3 things happen in this game:

1 - Derrick Johnson knocks out Reggie McNeil, Reveille, and 3 aggie band members.

2 - Cedric Benson rushes for 140+ yds.

3 - Chants of REGGIE, REGGIE bring tears to the ags..........

Go Horns!!!!!!!

Ag04
11-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Dogman

1 - Derrick Johnson knocks out Reggie McNeil, Reveille, and 3 aggie band members.

Go Horns!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think this will be a good game....obviously dogman hasn't been keeping up with the Ags.
Many of you have been putting good posts about how the game will turn out....with the exception of dogman!!!

Gig'em Ags!!!

2futurecard'smom
11-16-2004, 10:40 AM

Go Horns!!!!!!! I just can't pass this one up:D

Ags win and by a bunch.......

1-Dante Buhl intercepts Vince Young on his first pass, flattens him into the turf when Young tries to stop him, the cow's horns fall off, and 3 orange and white painted face fans mysteriously turn maroon and white.

2-Reggie rushes for 250 yards, throws for 300+

3-Fans yell "CEDRIC, CEDRIC, CEDRIC" as he falls to his knees sobbing because he fumbled 3 times and was held to only a measly 50 yards..............................

GO AGGIES

Oh, and thanks, explayer, got my Reggie shirt and it's great!:)

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Thats not true, heres the deal, if UT goes to a BCS bowl, A&M will MOST LIKELY go to the Cotton bowl, but if we win, it will probably knock UT outta contention for the BCS and put them in the Cotton bowl instead. it's a lose lose situation

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

if you want to play that game, then we played OU down to a single play and lost by seven, you were shut out by OU and lost by 12.....i think OU is slightly better than Tech

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 10:56 AM

Go Horns!!!!!!!

your the dude that is up in the stands drunk off his tail and dosen't ever remember the game.....sorry you paid 75 dollars a ticket for no lifetime memories

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-16-2004, 10:57 AM
i think in an instance where your comparing two teams, you also have to consider this: texas views oklahoma as a bigger rival than that of a&m. they may not be the best at winning the "big game against a rival" but since they dont view a&m as a big rival, they will play fine. im picking UT by 17.

jason
11-16-2004, 10:59 AM
i agree...OU is a rivalry game...the a&m game is nothing more than another team on the schedule...

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by jason
i agree...OU is a rivalry game...the a&m game is nothing more than another team on the schedule...

OU is only a more significant rival to them right now because they've been smashed the last few years.......yall forget how pissed they get when we beat them, and if it happens this year you'll actually see all the hatred they have for aggies

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
i dont know about all that. the aggies are the ones who hate the 'horns more than anything. the aggies are the one who keeps this rivalry alive. texas could care less about them. i think A7m will play alot harder against texas because thats what they are engrained w/. but when texas doesnt have so much pressure on them from the press and what not they are like a well oiled machine.

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 11:21 AM
hmmm a few weeks away, but something to ponder none the less...

The A&M UT game has always been one of my favorites...but i've never really chosen a side...never REALLY mattered to me who won, nor did football really play a big part in life...
Since joining the DLow i've had to choose sides along with the best of them...this game not being the exception.
I find that it will be a VERY close game coming down to the last minutes/seconds
In the end, as of now, it is unclear ot me who will win, although i must say that there has always been a place in my heart for the Ags...i'll exlpain why closer to the game.

A Good luck to both teams, and I, for one, cannot wait until the Aggie Parade down Congress!

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 12:18 PM

Go Horns!!!!!!!
Please take out this Reveille. He's a horrible dog.

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i dont know about all that. the aggies are the ones who hate the 'horns more than anything. the aggies are the one who keeps this rivalry alive. texas could care less about them. i think A7m will play alot harder against texas because thats what they are engrained w/. but when texas doesnt have so much pressure on them from the press and what not they are like a well oiled machine.
You may not be old enough to remember this, but back in the 90's A&M-UT was much bigger than the Red River Shootout. I remember that one of the magazines I subscribed to (it was either TSN or SI, I subscribed to both but don't remember which one the story was in) did a story about the UT program whenever Mack took over. Before that season started (I think it was the '97 season), he asked his players which team they wanted to beat more. The players said A&M.

Being raised in Texas and being true to this state, I'll always view A&M-UT as a bigger rivalry than UT-OU. It started when you and I were both young... I'm sure you remember being in like second grade during recess and having your friends ask you if you were a Longhorn or an Aggie, then making fun of you because you were one or the other. Those two teams just evoke a sense of pride inside of me, and to me represent the marquee matchup of TEXAS football better than anyone.

TMer25
11-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Texas is 71-34-5 agains A&M all time. Texas is 55-39-5 (counting this year) against OU. If you go by that, of course Texas views OU as it's bigger rival.

BlueBlood
11-16-2004, 12:44 PM
I can't see A&M staying close in this one. However, I hope it is a close game. Texas has to many weapons.

KTJ
11-16-2004, 01:14 PM
This coming from a student who goes to school here and is typing this from one of the libraries on campus right now--

OU is the bigger rival of the two. End of discussion.

KTJ, even you can say that VY plays foolishly sometimes. I know that you've seen it. Im not bashing him, just pointing out an error that needs to be corrected before going into another big game. It could end up costing him this time.

Foolishly, no--carelessly, yes. I maintain that the carelessness comes from the coaching staff--i.e. Greg Davis.

KL3
11-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Stallion02

Get used to it Stallion02, it's the only way they know how, and KTJ will be the ringleader.

By the way, KTJ, where do you stand now on the Reggie/Vince debate? I seem to remember a pretty sloppy argument from you on that one.

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You may not be old enough to remember this, but back in the 90's A&M-UT was much bigger than the Red River Shootout. I remember that one of the magazines I subscribed to (it was either TSN or SI, I subscribed to both but don't remember which one the story was in) did a story about the UT program whenever Mack took over. Before that season started (I think it was the '97 season), he asked his players which team they wanted to beat more. The players said A&M.

Being raised in Texas and being true to this state, I'll always view A&M-UT as a bigger rivalry than UT-OU. It started when you and I were both young... I'm sure you remember being in like second grade during recess and having your friends ask you if you were a Longhorn or an Aggie, then making fun of you because you were one or the other. Those two teams just evoke a sense of pride inside of me, and to me represent the marquee matchup of TEXAS football better than anyone.
i do remember some of this stuff, when i was a kid i was asked if i were an aggie or a longhorn, but i didnt answer because i didnt know what i was. these two teams are my favorite college teams, and then its anybody from texas. as it may be true that in the 90's this game was the game to watch because of the rich tradition of the schools. but it is because texas has had such horrible luck playing oklahoma recently(5 years:( ) that the 'horns view oklahoma as a bigger rival. i dont see ut and a&m as such a big rival because they bare the texas brand, then its part of where im from. texas is home, and in my home, i was always taught that we stick together against all outsiders, being oklahoma, nabraska, colorado, etc.

Bellville22
11-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
This coming from a student who goes to school here and is typing this from one of the libraries on campus right now--

OU is the bigger rival of the two. End of discussion.

Correct. But you certainly acknowledge A&M as a rival. Please explain that to 'jason'.

KL3
11-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by jason

Jason, I forget, are you a student at texas?

KTJ
11-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Correct. But you certainly acknowledge A&M as a rival. Please explain that to 'jason'.

Bellville

I will gladly explain more when I get home. I'm late for class right now!

:D

Bellville22
11-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Class is overrated. Skip it and discuss.

shellman54
11-16-2004, 01:28 PM
"new" longhorns may consider OU to be their rival, but you ask any older longhorn fans, and they will tell you that A&M is their rival, hands down.

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Get used to it Stallion02, it's the only way they know how, and KTJ will be the ringleader.

By the way, KTJ, where do you stand now on the Reggie/Vince debate? I seem to remember a pretty sloppy argument from you on that one. if you want to know who i think is a better quarterback, the answer is obvious. its reggie mcneil. but not by much. he has more passing yards and his recievers have a few more yeards than those of ut. but he also has more incomplete passes. vince young however, has a tailback who takes most if not all of the pressure off of him. texas just has more playmakers. some of you wanted a solid reason why texas will win. i just gave you one.

AggieBob
11-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Guys it doesnt matter who tu think of as their rival...Every other team in the state considers tu their rival because everybody dislikes tu. Tech, Baylor, A&M, Houston, Rice, North Texas...and so on and then all of the out of state schools. ITs just a nation wide consesus...NOBODY LIKES tu EXEPT for the tsips themselves! period.

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Guys it doesnt matter who tu think of as their rival...Every other team in the state considers tu their rival because everybody dislikes tu. Tech, Baylor, A&M, Houston, Rice, North Texas...and so on and then all of the out of state schools. ITs just a nation wide consesus...NOBODY LIKES tu EXEPT for the tsips themselves! period.
They may not like us but damn they sure as hell gotta respect the ball we play and the same goes for the way we feel about ya'll we dont like ya'll but we respect the ball yall play

jason
11-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Jason, I forget, are you a student at texas? no, im not at UT or m&a....but im close enough to austin to know their biggest game of the year is OU NOT m&a

AggieBob
11-16-2004, 02:50 PM
I would respect the ball that tu plays if they ever did anything with all of that talent they have! not even making BCS bowls s terrible with that talent...:eek:

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by panther power
But u gotta luv austin, where the girls are girls and the boys are too! :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
"new" longhorns may consider OU to be their rival, but you ask any older longhorn fans, and they will tell you that A&M is their rival, hands down.

It is because the younger longhorn fans cannot remember UT defeating OU, whereas they all can remember UT beating A&M a number of times.

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by edibleeggs
t.u. (sigh):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 03:06 PM
I have to make a comment on the Tech game...:nerd:Since everyone seems to compare the scores of tu v tt and A&M v tt. YOU PEOPLE MUST REMEMBER A&M's pass defense is considered one of the worst in the nation! We held tt to LESS than 30 points! It doesnt matter if we squeked by a passing power! WHY? because our pass D is minimal. BUT t.u DOESN'T PASS near as much as tt! NOt even remotly close! so the tech game matters none. tu and tech have opposite offences. :rolleyes: Okay Aggiebob. I can do without your use of UT incorrectly but would you please remove your pic? I think that is one of the most distaste displays I've seen in a long time!:mad: :mad:

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 03:13 PM
I think that it is A&M simply because of the total history of the game going back to the days of it being a battle for rights to the Chicken Ranch for the night. (Dang Marvin Zindler :mad: )

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 03:14 PM
.NOBODY LIKES tu EXEPT for the tsips themselves! period. Do I sense a little bit of jealousy?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 03:15 PM
tu :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Junkyard
I think that it is A&M simply because of the total history of the game going back to the days of it being a battle for rights to the Chicken Ranch for the night. (Dang Marvin Zindler :mad: )

sorry this was intended for a different post.:nerd:

Bulldog_12
11-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Man, I saw this topic getting heated from the get-go. And KTJ, carelessness and foolishness come from the same area. He has been making foolish throws and carelessly putting the ball o the ground. They are the same. Can't wait to see where this topic goes from here in the two week span. All I know is Im staying out of it until it is time. Unless of course Im provoked.:D

KTJ
11-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by KL3

By the way, KTJ, where do you stand now on the Reggie/Vince debate? I seem to remember a pretty sloppy argument from you on that one.

I'm still waiting on Ranger Mom to approve my response to this thread and this poster.

And I'd still take Vince.

KL3
11-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Yes, Ranger Mom, I would love to hear what he has to say.

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Reggie's Season:
He set the conference record for most passes without a pick.
-He has accounted for 20 TD's while throwing only 2 picks.
-In 7 of the 10 games this season, he has directed an offense that gave up 0 turnovers. The school record was 3
-He has led the team to at least 27 points in last 9 games while playing the toughest schedule in the country.
-He has directed an offense that has gained at least 419 yards in 9 of 10 games.
-In the last 3 games he has finished , he has led the team on come-from-behind scoring drives to tie or take the lead, directing 11 scoring drives in the 4th quarters and OTs. 11 scoring drives in 14 chances
-He set the single season rushing record for an A&M QB.
-Barring disaster, he will set the single season school record for passing yards.

That one is the most impressive. To set the rushing AND passing records in the same season is downright ridiculous.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Reggie is a better QB than Vince this year...and the Aggies will win this game w/ ease come Sat.

CHSBaseball07
11-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Well guys people are trying to not let us talk about A&M/Texas until the game....

let me spell out what i think about that

S T U P I D
! ! ! ! ! !

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Well guys people are trying to not let us talk about A&M/Texas until the game....

let me spell out what i think about that

S T U P I D
! ! ! ! ! ! LOL +1, but rules are rules.......

http://home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/Funny%20Slam%20Pics/forget.jpg

CHSBaseball07
11-16-2004, 05:46 PM
I didnt know i broke any by creating a thread about Texas or A&M

MY BAD

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:46 PM
I didnt know i broke any by creating a thread about Texas or A&M

MY BAD i was jokin bro...i could give a crap less, i was just tryin to get a laugh outa ya.

OH...and GO AGGIES!!! WHOOP!!!

CHSBaseball07
11-16-2004, 05:51 PM
dont worry u did make me laugh...i think its all funny...lol

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:55 PM
dont worry u did make me laugh...i think its all funny...lol yeah, me too....bout the only thing that gets me ralled up on here is when people are blatently disrespectful and just stir the pot just to stir it.

but talking about A&M and UT and their traditions....theres nothing wrong w/ that....so what UT fans if A&M fans call you T-sips or call your school tu....does it REALLY bother you that bad?? and Aggies.....who gives a rats back side if UT fans think "Aggie jokes" are funny...so do most Aggies.....its TRADITION and its a RIVALRY that is older than ANY of you....so yeah..there will be trash talk, there will be mixed feelings...GET OVER IT....thats the way its been for AGES..and thats the way it will continue to be!! to take it personal to the point of coming to blows w/ someone over it....thats silly...represent your school, but do it w/ style and class...and well..a LITTLE trash talk never hurt anyone...just keep it somewhat respectful and friendly and we'll all be alright.

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 05:58 PM
aggiebob brought up a good point how they were saying earlier in the week that this game isn't a rivalry.....funny now that we have like 4 threads related to this game already

CHSBaseball07
11-16-2004, 06:00 PM
i know that A&M and Texas are a rivalry.....but just b/c we've had 4 threads on it dont mean nothing.........if A&M was in the Championship game with.........BOSTON COLLEGE...a team no one relates w/ A&M there would be lots of talk about it.......its a BIG GAME.....it decides Texas' season purdy much......

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
aggiebob brought up a good point how they were saying earlier in the week that this game isn't a rivalry.....funny now that we have like 4 threads related to this game already well it seems that the people saying its not a rivalry ...have obviously forgotten what constitutes a rivalry. just because the UT/OU game gets more publicity as of late (mainly due to the fact that its always "okay..is THIS the year UT beats OU"), the A&M/UT rivalry is still much alive and kicking. it just comes down to Texas being a ranked school the last handful of years and A&M not being ranked and it becoming a "well..thats a given win" type game. it has lost popularity. but i would be willing to wager if A&M continues to assend up the BSC/AP polls, and maintain....this game will soon be a closely followed rivalry again in years to come.

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 06:15 PM
they just can't take us lightly this year

CHSBaseball07
11-16-2004, 06:15 PM
I agree...theres a difference between lots of publicity......and a rivalry game......give it a year or two..and although yall know i would die for Texas.......lol....A&M has a GREAT possibilty of beating them next year and the year after....lol

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:20 PM
I agree...theres a difference between lots of publicity......and a rivalry game......give it a year or two..and although yall know i would die for Texas.......lol....A&M has a GREAT possibilty of beating them next year and the year after....lol well...UT has a great program and A&M is quickly becoming what all us Aggie fans want it to be...and that is a program that can win games against the likes of UT and OU.

we may not win em all...but at least hopefully from here on out for years to come...they'll be worth watching!! i like it when theyre close...who the heck wants to watch a blowout year after year.

CHSBaseball07
11-16-2004, 06:27 PM
this is true