PDA

View Full Version : stockton- wylie game...

panther power
11-15-2004, 06:36 PM
first of all congrats to wylie on the victory. It was a much closer game then the score showed. Wylie got 17 of thier points on drives of 20 yards or less. Stockton was penelized about 15 times and especially were flagged 7 times for illegal motion. NOW CHECK THIS OUT! after the game the officials apoligized and admitted to making the wrong call on the illegal motion. I am not saying this would of changed the out outcome but it did change the game dramitically, we had the ball and the momentum. congrats to all the 4-3A teams that advanced and to the 3-3A teams for playing great games all year.

DOGFAN
11-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Speaking of bad calls, the fumble that set up the only Fort Stockton score was ground caused. And as for the game being close Wylie did use backups the whole fourth quarter. Not to say F.S. had a weak team, they were very scrappy and had some talented kids, Wylie just played really well for the most part. Congrats to Fort Stockton on a successful season, maybe we'll see you again next year.

panther power
11-15-2004, 07:15 PM
don't get cocky, canyon is gonn arun all over that defense. our q.b. ran for 140 on 1 leg, he has a torn MCL and damaged ACL and still outran some dogs. You guys have some talented kids and program but come one, Canyon is in another league this year...

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by panther power
Canyon is in another league this year...
WHAT??? they're not in 3A?, j/k but this other league you speak of led to Canyon beating the highly overrated Perryton by how many oh ya 4

panther power
11-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Wylie is good but trust me, they turn the ball over to much and only throw to #41. There secondary is iffie. I just dont think they can do it against Canyon. I wish them luck but from what I saw, they aint got it in them.

DOGFAN
11-15-2004, 07:25 PM
don't get cocky, canyon is gonn arun all over that defense. our q.b. ran for 140 on 1 leg, he has a torn MCL and damaged ACL and still outran some dogs. You guys have some talented kids and program but come one, Canyon is in another league this year...

I was impressed with your quarterback. He was a tough kid. That 140 yards is before you subtract all of the times he was caught behind the line though. If you do that, the number is much less impressive, below 100 yards I believe.

panther power
11-15-2004, 07:32 PM
Still, it's hard to scramble in a pocket with torn ligaments. Trust me all the sacks were not due to your pass rush. besides the q.b. our strong trackle had abruised knee after he was cut and our weak tackle had a sprained ankle. You did make some good plays but as the official stats go, 140 yards rushing from a 1 legged q.b.

DOGFAN
11-15-2004, 07:32 PM
Wylie is good but trust me, they turn the ball over to much and only throw to #41. There secondary is iffie. I just dont think they can do it against Canyon. I wish them luck but from what I saw, they aint got it in them.

It isn't normal for one of our recievers to carry so much of the load but if you can't cover him what should you expect? And I agree with you on the Wylie secondary, they have been plagued by injurys all year but they have all of their starters back and are steadily improving.

lobo12
11-15-2004, 08:15 PM
after watching the game jefferson didnt look like he was playing on one leg, he looked alot better than i thought he would, im not saying he was 100% healthy but he was not playing on one leg

DOGFAN
11-15-2004, 08:16 PM
The peg leg QB never scrambled much. If he tried to pass he usually got sacked unless he completed a pass pretty quick. His yards all came on Quarterback draws where Stocktons coaches were wise enough to use Wylie's quick pass rush against them. And since when have we only counted rushing stats on plays when you gained yardage?

panther power
11-15-2004, 08:24 PM
since that is what the official line has down on stats. Wylie played a good game and deserved the win but, and this is a big but, they will not beat canyon, enjoy this week of practice seniors it's gonna be your last game dogs.....

DOGFAN
11-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Must have been in the Stockton paper. Those are definitely not the stats I've seen. Have you seen Canyon play?

panther power
11-15-2004, 08:30 PM
no those are stats in all papers, including the odessa american and the midland paper, and i watched canyon play friday. they are good, solid all around, it does not surprise me they are 11-0

mustang04
11-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Still, it's hard to scramble in a pocket with torn ligaments. Trust me all the sacks were not due to your pass rush. besides the q.b. our strong trackle had abruised knee after he was cut and our weak tackle had a sprained ankle. You did make some good plays but as the official stats go, 140 yards rushing from a 1 legged q.b.

hahaha....wow ive heard less whining from a 5 year old girl, you might wanna realize that yalls players arent the only ones getting injured playing this sport, there are SEVERAL players who play on sprained ankles, bruised legs, screwed up shoulders, diarrhea....but wow man, dont dawg on Wylie, cuz when i watch my boys from sweetwater play them, they are a good team, canyon isnt in 'another league'...i think the only team in 3A that u could say that about this year is decatur

panther power
11-15-2004, 08:35 PM
hey stang, if you would scroll up you would read me congratulating wylie on a well played win, that they deserved so I dont get where the doggin is coming from.... they won and they do have a good team , all I am saying is that from what I saw they will not beat canyon

mustang04
11-15-2004, 08:38 PM
hey stang, if you would scroll up you would read me congratulating wylie on a well played win, that they deserved so I dont get where the doggin is coming from.... they won and they do have a good team , all I am saying is that from what I saw they will not beat canyon

u were saying that all they could do was throw to that one receiver and so on....u can congratulate a team and also be criticizing at the same time

a few weeks ago from what i saw Baylor was still one of the worst teams in Texas....funny how they beat A&M...this is a bad analogy tho cuz wylie really is closer to canyon in talent than baylor is to A&M...point being, ANYTHING can happen

panther power
11-15-2004, 08:49 PM
your the cool guy! you must know it all..... thanks for sharing your insight with the little people..

mustang04
11-15-2004, 08:53 PM
your the cool guy! you must know it all..... thanks for sharing your insight with the little people..

not ALL of it, but alot of it....good luck in basketball;)

panther power
11-15-2004, 08:54 PM
ok cool guy!;)

mustang04
11-15-2004, 08:56 PM
thanx...u dont have to suck up just cuz u feel inferior after yall's loss...im a football fan like anyone else!:D

pero chato
11-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Panther Power, thank you for the compliments on the game and I do respect your opinion that Canyon will beat Wylie. I don't agree of course, but I can respect it. My opinion on the game was that Jefferson would do better in a more traditional offense. He's plenty quick and has a great arm, but he has to carry too much of the load. He sure didn't look like he was hurt and I believe it would have been a different game if he was 100%. He's a tough kid! You probably noticed that after a while there was only one Wylie defender on the two furthest split receivers. I've never seen a spread offense spread from sideline to sideline. After a while it became predictable--those receivers were never thrown to. They just spread the defense. I also didn't see the illegal shifts, unless the refs thought that the RB had turned toward the line of scrimmage before the ball was snapped. And there was one personal foul against you on a kickoff that I didn't necessarily agree with, but I wasn't on the field. As far as Wylie scoring on a short field, that's called good defense and field position. Anyway, congrats to Ft. Stockton on a great season and I hope Jefferson gets healed up soon and plays ball at the next level.

panther power
11-16-2004, 09:05 AM
pero, great message. much respect to the dogs and i wish them well in the next round. keep trucking and let us know what happens this weekend.

Jet1
11-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Hey panther power where did you get your info that Jefferson had a torn MCL and a partically torn ACL. Seems like to me that if he had all of that he probably would not be playing.

Adidas410s
11-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Here are the FINAL stats from the game. Just so that EVERYBODY is clear, EVERY running play, whether positive or negative, counts in the stat book!!!

Fort S. Wylie

First downs 11 22
Rushes-yards 31-95 31-212
Passing yards 118 179
Comp-Att.-Int 12-20-1 12-18-1
Punts-avg. 4-36 1-28
Fumbles-lost 2-0 3-2
Penalties-yards 13-108 6-50

INDIVIDUAL STATS

RUSHING — FS: Wayne Jefferson 27-82, J.J. Hickman 3-10, Julio Pachcco 1-3. W: Michael Kiger 15-112, Gary Edwards 1-60, Case Keenum 7-23, Chad Copeland 3-7, Aaron Forbis Stokes 2-5, Adam Moorow 2-4, Jacob Atkins 1-1.

PASSING — FS: Jefferson 12-20-118-1. W: Keenum 12-18-179-1

RECEIVING — FS: J.J. Hickman 6-40, Dustin Jones 2-23, Roberto Sotelo 2-21, Alex Pillado 1-21, Matt Garvin 1-11. W: Josh Poorman 7-108, Kiger 4-59, Edwards 1-12

If you feel anything looks odd then you can go to
Ft Stockton/Abilene Wylie Stats (http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/sp_fb_hs_wylie/article/0,1874,ABIL_18398_3327715,00.html ) to look at them yourselves.

Adidas410s
11-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Additionally, here are the "fudged numbers" from the Odessa paper:

TEAM STATISTICS
Fort Stockton Wylie
First downs 11 16
Total yards 218 391
Rushes-yards 31-102 31-214
Passing 116 177
Comp-Att-Int 12-20-1 12-18-1
Sacked-Yards Lost 6-58 1-6
Punt returns 0-0 1-23
Kickoff returns 6-78 2-42
Punts-Avg. 4-36.0 1-28.0
Fumbles-Lost 2-0 3-1
Penalties-Yards 13-107 7-60
INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS
RUSHING
Fort Stockton
Wayne Jefferson 20-140, Julio Pacheco 1-3, J.J. Hickman 3-10, Matt Garvin 1-7, Team 6-(-58).
Wylie
Michael Kiger 16-118, Gary Edwards 1-60, Chad Copeland 2-3, Case Keenum 6-28, Adam Morrow 2-5, Jacob Atkins 1-0, Aaron Forbis Stokes 2-6, Team 1-(-6).
PASSING
Fort Stockton
Jefferson 12-20-1—116.
Wylie
Keenum 12-18-1—177.
RECEIVING
Fort Stockton
Garvin 2-28, Hickman 6-42, Roberto Sotello 2-21, Dustin Jones 2-25.
Wylie
Kiger 4-58, Edwards 1-12, Josh Poorman 7-107.

Take note that while it lists jefferson @ 140 yds, the team yardage is only 103 yards. This is because SACKS DO COUNT in your stat catagories.

Here is the link to this article and stats: Ft Stockton/Wylie from Odessa Paper (http://www.oaoa.com/sports/sp111404e.htm)

Now can we PLEASE drop the subject? Ft. Stockton lost and is finished, Wylie won and will play Canyon on Friday. Simple as that...no whining or name calling or any other childish remarks today...thanks kids! :D

Jet1
11-16-2004, 02:46 PM
So panther power is Jefferson going to have surgery on his knee for his torn ligaments and will that affect him playing at the college level.

panther power
11-16-2004, 08:57 PM
I am ot sure about the situation,i wish him well though...
and for the last time, good luck to wylie in the next round, no need to keep hatin....... go dogs!

Jet1
11-17-2004, 02:42 PM
So maybe we need to figure out the facts before we start talking on this subject huh.

fball_gal310
11-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Is Jefferson even playing at the college level?? I'm not trying to be rude...but will he be able to hang in college?? Maybe at a smaller school such as Sul Ross but not a big school.

If he has surgery, will he be back for track season? He is good at track...he might go to college for that!!

Jet1
11-17-2004, 07:07 PM
He is not having surgery. Panther Power does not know what she is talking about. I have heard big and small schools are calling. Will he hang at a big school? Who knows.