PDA

View Full Version : Clyde in the playoffs?

wildstangs
10-27-2002, 04:24 PM
Who would have thought, looks like Clyde might be getting in the playoffs this year. Congrats to the Bulldogs. I know they gave Wylie a good game. Maybe things are turning around a bit in Bulldog country.

Ozzy
10-27-2002, 07:37 PM
They have 2 good classes of athletes (jr. & sr.) back to back for the first time in a long time. The only people that can hold them back now is the administration. What a bunch of freakin' idiots!

wildstangs
10-27-2002, 07:48 PM
Ozzy:
They have 2 good classes of athletes (jr. & sr.) back to back for the first time in a long time. The only people that can hold them back now is the administration. What a bunch of freakin' idiots!Care to elaborate Oz?

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-27-2002, 09:50 PM
I'm thinking the following:

1st round DII

Clyde v. Vernon
Ballenger v. Iowa Park

Or flip flop that depending on how the Vernon IP game goes this Friday.

vet93
10-27-2002, 10:36 PM
If it turns out this way maybe we could have a double header at Shotwell Stadium on the new turf! Who ever wins these games will be in for a LuLu of a game in round 2 with the likes of Kennedale, Bridgeport, and possibley even Decatur.

Z motion 10 out on 2:
I'm thinking the following:

1st round DII

Clyde v. Vernon
Ballenger v. Iowa Park

Or flip flop that depending on how the Vernon IP game goes this Friday.eek!

Ozzy
10-27-2002, 10:38 PM
wildstangs:

Ozzy:
They have 2 good classes of athletes (jr. & sr.) back to back for the first time in a long time. The only people that can hold them back now is the administration. What a bunch of freakin' idiots!Care to elaborate Oz?The admin. in Clyde (Sup't, HS Principal, & School Board) are notorious for trying to "coach" from their position in the school system. They sit in the stands at games and listen to the idiots yell at the coaches, and then agree with them. Whichever way the wind blows is the way they support. Go to the right church and you're in. Play the wrong kid, see ya later! Seems that they cut loose about 8 coaches 2 years ago, and most are now head coaches or coordinators. I bet they omit Clyde from their resume.

ClydeFan
10-29-2002, 12:58 AM
Yes, "Wildstangs", the football program here in Clyde is definitely looking up - all the way from JH through varsity. The biggest change has not necessarily been a big increase in talent but a change in attitude.

Sorry "Ozzy", but I don't share your opinion. I've read some of your posts under other topics, and it appears that you do not live in this area. Oh, I'm not an administrator or coach or school board member or even a parent of a player...just a fan that shows up and supports the kids.

Clyde - good luck against Early this Friday!!!

pero chato
10-29-2002, 10:34 AM
Clyde gave both Wylie and Ballinger everything they wanted (17-7, 17-14 respectively). Coach Hughes is a winner and has instilled a winning attitude in the kids there. At the Wylie game the first thing I noticed was the number of kids Clyde has playing--a big increase from previous years. Clyde should be able to win their last two games and secure a playoff spot. Good Luck!