PDA

View Full Version : WHO HAS THE TOUGHEST OFF-SEASON?

bulldawg89
03-12-2003, 08:06 PM
I was just wandering who you all think has the toughest off-season from what you have seen or heard.

wildstangs
03-12-2003, 10:43 PM
Sweetwater has Andews, Wylie, Graham, Greenwood and Vernon. Wylie always plays a tough one also. I know they have Aledo on the schedule.

Ranger Mom
03-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Greenwood has Ballinger, Shallowater, Sweetwater, Snyder and Andrews.

Jimbotex40
03-12-2003, 11:27 PM
he meant who has the hardest off season training, not pre-district football schedule.

as to the originally intended question...it is soooo hard to determine that...i mean, almost every school makes their fball players do "track and field" (in quotes due to fact that it is primarily to get skilled players faster and lineman bigger, and not to actually have a good track program)

i really cannot say who has the toughest one. i would like to think forney has a tough one seeing how good the results are that we get from our players.

Ranger Mom
03-12-2003, 11:38 PM
OHHHH! Don't I feel like the IDIOT!

Jimbotex40
03-12-2003, 11:45 PM
sorry, i didnt mean to make you feel bad

Jacket2000
03-13-2003, 12:54 AM
Out of the 3 HS I attended(4a, 3a, and sixman), the sixman school was by far the toughest. Even in college, where we had 3-a-days, it didnt even come close to that.
J2K

Matthew328
03-13-2003, 08:17 PM
I feel like any school that has a good team has an excellent off-season program...the off-season is where champions are made...

exbccards76'smom
03-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Most Bridge City Players either compete in track and field, baseball,or powerlifting. BC weight program is a great one. :D :D :D

Old Cardinal
03-14-2003, 05:01 PM
Ex 76 Mom,On Bridge City, I kind of think that the 7th, 8th, 9th grade level Cross Country sets the tone for all emerging sports. Coach Knight is a Pier Piper in getting youth condition-active! We win all track meets, do Ok in football, do Ok in baseball, great golf & tennis, the freshmen won Dist. in basketball, break even in volleyball & girls basketball. All in all, it's the conditioning at a young age that makes the difference.
We probably have the best girls softball team around and those girls play year-round select team softball, and stay in shape. I agree with you, no one sits waiting for one sport per year-year round conditioning makes the difference!... Off season in Senior Hi. is a little late to start, and the schools that go that route do not often produce overall multi-sport winners!