PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield vs Cameron Yoe

eaglefan
11-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Anyone got any thoughts on this game, I was at the game when Yoe won 31-0 at the beginning of the season....but I also know Fairfield made some pretty big changes immediately after that game and have improved dramatically. This game will not be the blowout that it was before...remember, Fairfield held Yoe to only about 230 yards in the first meeting and the game against Robinson was only the second time all season that the Eagles have given up 300 yards in a game.

theyoefnshow
11-15-2004, 12:29 PM
granted....but while this isn't the same Fairfield team, the Yoemen have changed things as well as major new stars have emerged as the year has progressed

eaglefan
11-15-2004, 04:12 PM
how have they changed? since it was a while back the only names i can remember are Ryan Mullins, Curtis Hoyle, and T.J. Olivarie (sp?), did they start running the ball more? when they played in 0 week I know Cameron threw it 30+ times that game.....granted, cameron is still the favorite in the game and rightfully should be, i just think that it's gonna be closer than people think because immediately after that game Fairfield made some replacements in the secondary that they have not varied from and they started giving the ball to Kyle Lightsey 25-30 times per game... that game against Cameron I believe they only let him run it 7 or 8 times because they wanted a RB-by-committee system and they quickly saw that wasn't going to work.

Buckeye80
11-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Here's my two cents. I work in Fairfield almost every single week. I have yet to see a game, but from what I read in the Fairfield paper on Wednesday, it was a major upset that the Eagles won over the Rockets. Based on their record and their opponents, I'll say the Eagles have a good chance to win this game.

And since the Yoemen are the ones who beat my Buckeyes for the 1981 State Championship, I'm rooting on the Eagles!!:D

theyoefnshow
11-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Oh come on Buckey, wouldn't you rather see a Gilmer/Cameron rematch in the State title game? :) As for the changes....sure thing. Signal in on Mullins & Olivarri. Knock yourself out

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Go oYe