PDA

View Full Version : I spent the weekend reminiscing.....

Bandera YaYa
11-15-2004, 11:27 AM
..about our 2002 journey to the State game. I decided to tackle my bottom dresser drawer. I knew I had stuffed alot of papers in there, but what I didn't remember was what was hiding under a bunch of graduation stuff. I began pulling out newspaper after newspaper. Oh yeah, I thought, it's the football papers I saved! Well, it took me 2 hours to get to the bottom of that drawer. I devoured each and every article, rememberiing this game and that game, what the stadiums looked like and what we did before and after the games. I started with the first game in August and finally got to the State game, just days before Christmas. Yeah, Christmas that year had to take a back burner....at least until the 22nd! Then I should have gotten in high gear to finish everything, but I was just too darn tired! What I want to say to those still in the hunt for that gold ring....enjoy each and every moment...I can honestly say I still get chills when I see that ring on one of the boys...and I got lots of goosebumps while reading those newspaper clippings. It was a life experience for me, a fan, I can only imagine how it feels to the boys out there playing week in and week out. I also started reading "Friday Nite Lights" yesterday...talk about a football weekend, without even attending a game!! I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie. Anyways, enough of all this sentimental stuff...I just wanted to say good luck to you all and I know if you are the one lucky enough to go all the way, you will know how it feels and how it still feels years later...We are truly blessed!!

onfirebball05mustang
11-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Very True! Enjoy every moment, event, and person around the games...Youi'll look back and remember them vividly! Friday Night Lights--very true...that's football!

Good luck to all those in playoffs!!!!:clap:

PPHSfan
11-15-2004, 11:46 AM
That's the way it began
We were hand in hand
Glenn Miller's Band was better than before
We yelled and screamed for more
And the chorus tune
Made us dance across the room, ooo
It ended all too soon, mmhmm, mmhmm, yeah hey
And on the way back home
I promised you'd never be alone