PDA

View Full Version : Mon. Morning QB'ing for Losing Teams

Bullaholic
11-15-2004, 10:46 AM
What do you think was the biggest reason(s) that your team lost in your particular playoff game? (Serious analytical responses only, please, and no "Because our coach is an idiot", etc. type of posts.) Also, do you think your team has a chance to go deeper in the playoffs next season?

CheerMom
11-15-2004, 11:00 AM
The contributing factors to the Raider loss, was not only the accident from the previous week, but the key injuries that our team suffered in the Bellville game.
When a team has to reconstruct it's entire offense in a week, it is almost impossible to pull out a win. The loss of our starting QB & RB, hurt this team tremendously. We had other players, who were also playing with injuries, that were not able to put out 100%.
But through adversity, this team put forth a valiant effort. I am very proud of these boys, and they will always be champions in my heart.

I have every confidence that our team can make some serious noise in the playoffs, next season.

Bullaholic
11-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by CheerMom
The contributing factors to the Raider loss, was not only the accident from the previous week, but the key injuries that our team suffered in the Bellville game.
When a team has to reconstruct it's entire offense in a week, it is almost impossible to pull out a win. The loss of our starting QB & RB, hurt this team tremendously. We had other players, who were also playing with injuries, that were not able to put out 100%.
But through adversity, this team put forth a valiant effort. I am very proud of these boys, and they will always be champions in my heart.

I have every confidence that our team can make some serious noise in the playoffs, next season.

Thanks Cheermom, that gives us all a chance to know a little more about more of the "human" factors in a given game over and above what we read in the newspaper. I hope no one reading the responses in this thread will take them as "excuses" for losses and will consider that many teams and fans are really trying to get over their defeats, and most will readily admit that they were bested by the "better" team that night.

Dogman
11-15-2004, 01:28 PM
3 fumbles that were converted into scores.....1 that was scooped up and returned to the house........

big daddy russ
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
We should have lost. Our receivers (which are the strength of our team) came into the game unfocused and couldn't hang onto the ball. Also, our return units couldn't hang onto the ball so Cotulla had about five drives that started inside of the Ingleside red zone. We pulled off a 41-27 win, but we got lucky.

District303aPastPlayer
11-15-2004, 01:35 PM
honestly, the crystal city team that lost to sinton wasnt as bad as the score indicated. . . they played a very stifling defense... its just that running into a team like sinton when you get your first playoff game in 51 years isnt good karma... They were very decent. .. had some good passes. . . good hits . . . .but sinton over powered and outplayed them... (trying not to be bias)

big daddy russ
11-15-2004, 01:37 PM
P.S. If it wouldn't have been for breakaways and Ingleside's big play ability, we would've had a tough time scoring.

District303aPastPlayer
11-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
P.S. If it wouldn't have been for breakaways and Ingleside's big play ability, we would've had a tough time scoring.

as i watched sintons special teams(my favorite part of the game) i saw one thing that really stood out and i play it over and over again. . .#9 knocked the living snot out of one kid and the pop was LOUD. . . everyone said ooooh at the same time. . . good hit #9. . .

Ranger Mom
11-15-2004, 02:36 PM
several reasons......mainly injuries and a death so close to the football family!

big daddy russ
11-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
as i watched sintons special teams(my favorite part of the game) i saw one thing that really stood out and i play it over and over again. . .#9 knocked the living snot out of one kid and the pop was LOUD. . . everyone said ooooh at the same time. . . good hit #9. . .
#9 is a hoss on coverage.

District303aPastPlayer
11-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
#9 is a hoss on coverage.

#8 and #9 on special teams... just follow them, they meet at the ball, and usually with HUGE hits