PDA

View Full Version : pep rally

GreenGobbla
11-14-2004, 10:23 PM
rumor has it that we might not have any more pep rallies for the rest of the year becuz it doesnt get the football players ready for the game....."players get ready for a football game, the night before you play" quote by head coach of the cuero athletic department

3afan2K3
11-14-2004, 10:25 PM
When are yall having them?

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
rumor has it that we might not have any more pep rallies for the rest of the year becuz it doesnt get the football players ready for the game....."players get ready for a football game, the night before you play" quote by head coach of the cuero athletic department hmmm...thats an .....interesting statement. :rolleyes: i dont see anything wrong w/ a town showing support for their team/players by giving them a pep-rally. is a pep-rally REALLY that distracting to the players?

GreenGobbla
11-14-2004, 10:29 PM
instead of a pep-rally they are supposed to get on a bus and drive around the town and people are going to come outside of there businesses and homes to cheer for supposedly, this is what i heard tonight from 2 of the football players, its a send-off is what it is instead of a pep rally

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 10:30 PM
ah well thats not too bad...sounds kinda cool actually.

TheDOCTORdre
11-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Once our coach got mad at us because we were eating a lolipop that were on our seats that we sit on during the pep rally. He said it was somehow disrespectful to eat candy during a pep rally that was given to us

3afan2K3
11-14-2004, 10:32 PM
That could actually do more harm then good.....what if peple forgot or something and didn't come outside.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Once our coach got mad at us because we were eating a lolipop that were on our seats that we sit on during the pep rally. He said it was somehow disrespectful to eat candy during a pep rally that was given to us LOL!!!! sounds like a drill instructor...not a coach

http://home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/Icon%20Stuff/mega.gif"i am Gunnery Sgt. Hartman, your senior drill instructor!!"

GreenGobbla
11-14-2004, 10:38 PM
either way, no matter what they come to the conclusion of doing, whether it be a pep rally or the send off, ill be there

bigpimpin
11-14-2004, 10:41 PM
You can't take away the pep rallys, I mean, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Last year we had a pep rally and then went around town (I think that was last year) so why not do both??

gobblerfan02
11-14-2004, 10:44 PM
support is support, and when the players see how many ppl show up to root for them in seguin, that should be enough to motivate them

44INAROW
11-14-2004, 10:47 PM
rumor has it that we might not have any more pep rallies for the rest of the year becuz it doesnt get the football players ready for the game....."players get ready for a football game, the night before you play" quote by head coach of the cuero athletic department

HHMMM sounds like another false rumor to me :eek:

lobo12
11-14-2004, 11:04 PM
pep rallys are ok, i think they are more for the cheerleaders than the football players, but i always liked them.

TheDOCTORdre
11-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
pep rallys are ok, i think they are more for the cheerleaders than the football players, but i always liked them.
Me and my buddies liked it when the cheerleaders would dance that got us ready for the game, (I had another way of wording that but it was kinda inappropriate, yet very humorous)

gobblerfan02
11-14-2004, 11:09 PM
ya, i agree bout for the cheerleaders part...by the way, 44, do you know why cuero doesn't have a PA system anymore, it actually helped the fans hear the cheerleaders, this yrs cuero cheerleaders aren't loud enough, I did not hear them once on friday's game, but maybe that was because I was sittin @ the top?:thinking:

GreenGobbla
11-15-2004, 09:06 PM
the rumor is true, there will be no pep rally at cuero high school this week

gobbler grad
11-15-2004, 09:12 PM
i heard that from a band member also...i think it's just a rumor...we have always had pep rallys...why cancel them now

GO MEAN GREEN

44INAROW
11-15-2004, 09:12 PM
the rumor is true, there will be no pep rally at cuero high school this week

There will be a "send off" @ 2 PM on Saturday in the parking lot.. Come on out and show the Gobblers your support!

gobbler grad
11-15-2004, 09:19 PM
44, you need to yell for me, don't think they will hear me from New Braunfels...lol:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

GreenGobbla
11-15-2004, 09:20 PM
and for me too, i cant yell from san antonio

theonly11
11-15-2004, 09:31 PM
our principle always threatens to take away our pep rallys after people wrap the school, but then guinnea pigs turn themselves in and take the blame, and we still have them. it works out quite nicely. haha

44INAROW
11-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
44, you need to yell for me, don't think they will hear me from New Braunfels...lol:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

We'll be in Seguin early doing the family thing....... hope we have lots of people there taking our place

gobbler grad
11-15-2004, 09:45 PM
that should not be a prob....i forgot you were doing that....have fun!!!

gobblerfan02
11-15-2004, 09:48 PM
and for me too, i cant yell from san antonio

Me neither!