PDA

View Full Version : In College Women's Soccer Lady Horns win Lady Aggies Lose!

PhiI C
11-14-2004, 07:23 PM
In NCAA playoffs the Lady Texas Horns beat West Virginia 2 to 1 to advance to the sweet 16! This is the best they have ever done and a big step forward in their program! Way to go Ladies!!

Unfortunately the Lady Aggies lost 2 to 1 to Illinois. It would have been great if they could have won even though they would have had to play topped rankied North Carolina. A great season for the lady Lady Aggies and we will be hearing from that very young team in future years.

Unfortunately for Women's soccer the game has been dominated by North Carolina (and occassionally a West Coast Team) since 1982 and it looks like a repeat this year. Let's hope this dynasty can be broken soon so that more interest in women's soccer in college. Even 66 and PPHS might start to go to games. :)

Bulldog_12
11-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Well, the Lady Ags had a great season, Good Luck to UT for the rest of the tourny.

TheDOCTORdre
11-14-2004, 08:08 PM
I was gonna go to the Texas soccer game today but at 11:30 there was a fire alarm that went off in my dorm and i had to go outside in the rain unproperl adressed and that ruined my mood especially after I found out some joker had pulled it

AggieJohn
11-14-2004, 08:08 PM
i hear it was just a weird atomosphere there today, the attendance was just a slab over 1000 which is extremely low, it was cold which it hardly has done all season, not saying these are logical excuses, but a weird enviroment is always a factor, but anyway good season lady ags...btw, we offically passed utah for complete single season attendance record today i think

not offering excuses, just offering thoughts

Phil C
11-15-2004, 09:45 AM
That was better than in Austin ex where less than 400 people showed up! Of course the Lady Basketball team was playing at t he same time so that might account for some of it. If I could have been in Austin I would have been at the game. This was an historical advance for the Lady Horns and like I said EX the Lady Aggies are a young team with a great future. But upsets happen a lot in soccer especially if a goalie has a great game. Heck Nebraska who was eliminated in the first round of the Big 12 conference beat Kansas who made the semis. So Nebraka made the sweet 16!