PDA

View Full Version : LH vs. Yoakum

LHMom
11-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Three years in a row... Yoakum wins in '02. Liberty Hill wins in '03. Looking for your predictions on this year.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 07:00 PM
DAMN!! i'm gonna miss THIS one too?!?! gotta go watch my Mustangs...but DANGIT!! this one will be good!! LH is the favored team i'm willing to bet...but i gotta hand it to the Bulldogs, they ALWAYS find a way to get it done. good luck to both teams...i predict a very close, hard-fought game.

LHMom
11-14-2004, 07:03 PM
If it is anything like the last two years, it will extremely competitive. Both games were down to the wire.

Flourhead
11-14-2004, 07:03 PM
yoakum's o-line and d-line play very dirty... its a surprise any of their opponents can finish a game without blownout knees... their d-line just cuts ur line all night and when ur d-line overpowers their itty bitty o-line they just grab ahold of u and take u down with them.... for some odd reason, refs have trouble seeing this but the uil doesnt and a lot of crews have received the axe for their non-calls in games involving yoakum

gobbler grad
11-14-2004, 07:07 PM
which stadium in new braunfels???canyon or unicorn stadium :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Canyon.

gobbler grad
11-14-2004, 07:11 PM
thanks...don't want to go to the wrong field....
did that one year in corpus, we were a little tipsy though...lol:smoker:

11TARPON
11-14-2004, 08:02 PM
I feel like the Bulldogs will win this one. The two good teams that Liberty Hill played they lost. (Burnet and Winberly). Yoakum beat Giddings and Rice and gave Cuero a good game. LH is ranked #85 in points allowed in state and Yoakum is ranked #69. I say Yoakum by 8.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
I feel like the Bulldogs will win this one. The two good teams that Liberty Hill played they lost. (Burnet and Winberly). Yoakum beat Giddings and Rice and gave Cuero a good game. LH is ranked #85 in points allowed in state and Yoakum is ranked #69. I say Yoakum by 8.

The difference in #69 & #85 is 14 points for the year. :thinking:

gobbler grad
11-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Here we go again, now were comparing points. that was then, this is now...whoever got their shti together wins, if you don't ...u lose!!!!

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Here we go again, now were comparing points. that was then, this is now...whoever got their shti together wins, if you don't ...u lose!!!! ive tried to tell a few people that on this forum....they are CONVINCED "well so-and-so scored this many points on (insert team here) and so-and-so scored THIS many...so (insert team here) should win......and i say that holds NO water....take for instance.... Goliad, Ingleside & Sinton...

Goliad-vs-Sinton: 37-20 Sinton
Ingleside-vs-Goliad: 41-6 Ingleside...

now by that logic...Ingleside SHOULD have beat Sinton....BUT....

Ingleside-vs-Sinton: 45-20 Sinton

so again..i say that logic is just silly. i rest my case.

gobbler grad
11-14-2004, 09:00 PM
very good example

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
very good example well it seems to be everyone's take on the Ingleside/Port Isabel match up....the two teams they have both played:

Ingleside-vs-Falfurrias: 43-31 Ingleside
P.I.-vs-Fal: 56-8 P.I.

Ingleside-vs-Orange Grove: 40-28 IHS
P.I.-vs-O.G.: 48-21 P.I.

now by that logic, P.I. should beat Ingleside shouldnt they? we shall see.

edited: i did not mean to hijack this thread:)

gobbler grad
11-14-2004, 09:11 PM
anything can happen

11TARPON
11-14-2004, 09:13 PM
There are always exceptions to the rules. However, trends are set during the year. Teams that are consistent win most of the times. I guesss if the numbers don't fall your way then you disregard them. You can't tell me that a 10-0 team that played a weak schedule should be ranked equal to a 10-0 team playing a strong schedule. When you play a weak team and score 75-0 and rack up a mile in yardage that only adds to the stats nothing else. I only listed the points allowed by both teams to show that the defenses were even.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 09:17 PM
There are always exceptions to the rules. However, trends are set during the year. Teams that are consistent win most of the times. I guesss if the numbers don't fall your way then you disregard them. You can't tell me that a 10-0 team that played a weak schedule should be ranked equal to a 10-0 team playing a strong schedule. When you play a weak team and score 75-0 and rack up a mile in yardage that only adds to the stats nothing else. I only listed the points allowed by both teams to show that the defenses were even. i hear ya man, my point was that numbers, in certain cases dont necessiarly tell the story. if you have a team that is a great passing team..that matches up w/ a team that has a great pass D....they will most likely contain them....if you have a great passing team, that is matched up w/ a great rush D, it doesnt really matter does it?? the passing team will pick that secondary appart. its all in how the teams match up against ONE ANOTHER...not their individual seasonal stats. come on man...youre a football fan..you should know that.

11TARPON
11-14-2004, 09:25 PM
I agree with most of what you said IHStangFan, however, you assume that a good passing team will always beat a weak secondary. I disagree with that. A good coach will compensate for his weaknesses. Many things have to go right to complete a pass. The d line has to block and pick up the blitz, the quarterback has to spot the receiver, the receiver has to run his route correctly and catch the ball. You know the saying when passing 3 things can happen when you pass and two of them aren't good.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 09:28 PM
I agree with most of what you said IHStangFan, however, you assume that a good passing team will always beat a weak secondary. I disagree with that. A good coach will compensate for his weaknesses. Many things have to go right to complete a pass. The d line has to block and pick up the blitz, the quarterback has to spot the receiver, the receiver has to run his route correctly and catch the ball. You know the saying when passing 3 things can happen when you pass and two of them aren't good. and i agree w/ that. very good point. thank you for pointing that out...just another factor of MANY that can win or loose a game for you....i.e. a good coaching staff. its not just all about the numbers. team matchups, coaches, homefield advantage, weather, momentum, the morale of the team...there are MANY factors. P.I will definately have the home field advantage and i expect a HUGE fan turnout for them. that will play a factor i'm sure.

lets take it to the P.I. / IHS thread as to not hijack this one any longer :D

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Turnovers can play a huge factor in any game. I listened to the Yoakum/Wharton game for the most part. Yoakum obviously played a very good game against Wharton; any team that can fumble the ball 7 or 8 times & still win by 19 is doing something right. Granted, Yoakum recovered most of them, but the odds are just as equal that you don't.

The two teams we lost to were by a combined total of 6 points. 11Tarpon, I know a lot of folks think our schedule is a cream puff one. When 3 of your 5 district opponents are quite a bit over 100 miles away, for non-district we have to schedule teams that are relatively close.

Whichever team is better on Saturday will come away with the win.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 09:44 PM
"upsets" have, and will continue to happen......any team, any day....it really comes down to who is better prepared, especially once you get to the playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
"upsets" have, and will continue to happen......any team, any day....it really comes down to who is better prepared, especially once you get to the playoffs.

Boy, isn't that the truth!

sinton66
11-14-2004, 09:50 PM
I'll take Liberty Hill by 10+.

Bandera YaYa
11-14-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm going with the Panthers all the way! I predict a win by 14......good luck to my friends in Liberty HIll!!

GreenGobbla
11-14-2004, 10:09 PM
im not sure whos picked to win, but i watched yoakum in there game against wharton and they played really good, i think if they bring that to the game, its gonna be close.......28-21 yoakum

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
im not sure whos picked to win, but i watched yoakum in there game against wharton and they played really good, i think if they bring that to the game, its gonna be close.......28-21 yoakum yeah, i listened to the game, they played GREAT other than the fumbles....they were VERY fortunate they recovered most of their fumbles....if they dont correct this, they may not be as lucky next time. if they are able to fix this...i agree....it will be a GREAT game.

crabman
11-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Following the he played/ she played logic, LaVernia had already beaten Wimberly 21-7 earlier in the year so this playoff game should not have even been played. Good thing for Wimberly it was. Wimberly 41-7. Now that is a big swing.

bigpimpin
11-14-2004, 11:41 PM
sports aren't about logic, if they were played on paper it wouldn't be a sport, it would be tic-tac-toe, sometimes the best teams wins, sometimes they don't....football is a game of matchups where one bad call or one dropped pass or a missed block can lose or when a game

AggieBob
11-14-2004, 11:45 PM
The number one goal for LH is to practice on Thanksgiving and they want that more than ever! C'mon boys lets ruin christmas shopping! LH by .5! :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2004, 11:47 PM
:eek: .5 works for me. :D Are you going to be able to make it to the game, AggieBob?

gobblerfan02
11-14-2004, 11:57 PM
It seems that I cannot make a prediction on this one, I've heard alot about the LH running attack, but I also know that Yoakum is playing with more heart than any other team right now....o wait, I guess I can make a prediction, sorry to disappoint you LHMom, but I hafta root for my own district in this one, just a case of HOMERISM i guess, yoakum by 1!

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Hey, that's good that you stick with your district. I, too, must root for mine. ;)

AggieBob
11-15-2004, 01:56 AM
I will not be at the game LHmom. I have a previously scheduled engagement this weekend, that requires my attendence. I wish i could be though!:(

GreenMonster
11-15-2004, 03:18 AM
I just

underware
11-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Flourhead
yoakum's o-line and d-line play very dirty... its a surprise any of their opponents can finish a game without blownout knees... their d-line just cuts ur line all night and when ur d-line overpowers their itty bitty o-line they just grab ahold of u and take u down with them.... for some odd reason, refs have trouble seeing this but the uil doesnt and a lot of crews have received the axe for their non-calls in games involving yoakum

Ummm, again? Still don't know where your getting your facts? Stop making things up as you go.

Tidal Wave
11-16-2004, 12:43 AM
http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/g14.gif
GOO PANTHERS

This will be Yoakum!!!!!!

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/bullbeg.gif

Kool Tarpon 21
11-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Good Luck Panters. I hope you all win. I really want to see you all advance so that you can meet Port Isabel again. Well, that is if we both keep on winning. Peace up, A-Town down.

honeymd
11-16-2004, 08:10 AM
That's true. LH is a class act. The Tarpons can relate to that.

Gobbler Fan
11-16-2004, 09:08 AM
GO DAWG'S

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2004, 08:05 PM
TTT for Purple Hart - join in! And welcome to the board! :)

gobblerfan02
11-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hey, that's good that you stick with your district. I, too, must root for mine. ;)

Well, we all have our little niches! Good luck to the panthers this week, I might even make the game!

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2004, 08:09 PM
I hope you do - the more the merrier.

gobbler grad
11-16-2004, 08:15 PM
panthermom, any injuries or people sitting out due to injuries on the team...just wondering...hope all is well...anybody failing...

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Well, the 4-headed monster is healthy again & I hear our Sr. DB is supposed to be back as well - he's been out since Q2 of Wimberley game. We have a few bumps & bruises, as does any team this late in the season, but nothing that will keep anyone off the field.

Grades? With 99% certainty, I will say no.

LHMom
11-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Correct. No grade problems for LH.

Practice looked great today. I'm predicting 35-28 for a Panther victory.

2004 The Year of the Cat
Building the Tradition

PurpleHart
11-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Well thank you for the welcome LHpantherMOM. Yoakum will not win this one. LH will. I do not believe they can stop LH. It has been done for two quarters this year and BOTH were do to LH penalties. IF they show up Fri. they win by 16. That coach of Yoakums though will probabaly cry till he gets some calls his way to keep it close. This is always a great game. ... On a another note i played Yoakum twice and would not be able to call there O line dirty. There D line maybe but hell u have to be if ur small and play defense. Its football. Football Is Dirty.:evillaugh

Tidal Wave
11-17-2004, 11:13 AM
LH will win because a couple of Tarpons are going to sit on their side:D :D ...........peace

gobbler grad
11-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Better be ready this week LH cause Yoakum is on a mission..some had their doubts last week and well...look what they did to Wharton...those boys never gave up, they are always putting forth 110%...this will be a great game, no doubt, should be high scoring unless somebody's defense is just on fire...good luck to both teams and stay injury free....peace:hand:

rhs78
11-17-2004, 06:31 PM
this game should be closer than most think, L-H should win this game but i have a feeling that this might just be the upset of the week, yoakum in a nail biter, by 3

Phantom Stang
11-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Liberty Hill will win