PDA

View Full Version : UT wins.....thank goodness!

Titans
11-14-2004, 11:22 AM
I was afraid we'd have to listen to all the MACK-haters whine, cry, complain and ask for his head.

Thank goodness Mangino is complaining about a call that could have gone uncalled or the other way...otherwise, the MACK-haters would be whining, crying, complaining, and asking for Mack's head that they didn't win by enough....

Thanks, Mangino...we certainly are tired of all the UT fans doing the whining.

:clap:

KTJ
11-14-2004, 11:27 AM
If you've paid attention to his board, those "Mack haters who whine" were mostly A&M fans telling us how sucky our coach was.

Titans
11-14-2004, 11:32 AM
ok - KTJ - if you say so.

I don't need to pay attention to this board or any other board, I read the papers, watch the news, hear UT whiners for the last 5 years after the OU game concerning Mack Brown.

Had they lost to KU, you know darn well they would surface again.

Of course, you will disagree, but that's your right.

Have a nice day!

CHSBaseball07
11-14-2004, 11:49 AM
KTJ What happened to Texas...i was working and couldnt watch......but i was listening to the last 7 minutes....and my goodness that was horrible

KTJ
11-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Your post implied that those "haters" were on this board--not in the media in general.

And CHS, I have no clue what happened. I couldn't watch the game because I had something come up. But from the highlights, it basically looks as if we just didn't take Kansas seriously.

CHSBaseball07
11-14-2004, 12:01 PM
I think thats good for em....a good wake up call......and i hear all of this talk about UTAH getting in the top 6 or 7 in the BCS this week...have they even played anyone harder than A&M??

KTJ
11-14-2004, 12:01 PM
And another thing--what's wrong with not liking Mack or any head coach for that matter?

CHSBaseball07
11-14-2004, 12:05 PM
The only thing that irritates me is the people saying "Fire Mack" EVERY SINGLE YEAR...after his overall record is like 10-2...9-3...11-1........i mean c'mon people.........when you lose 1 or 2 games a year........thats not bad........its alot better than 4 or 5........

KTJ
11-14-2004, 12:11 PM
CHS--

Utah is getting the love because the pollsters like them. And should they make a BCS, it will mean the BCS system will have had a flaw in it for 3 straight years at least.

Also--yeah, I agree at the 10-1, 9-2 seasons are nice but they get old. When Mack has top recruiting classes year in and year out, there is no reason we should never beat OU, not have a Big 12 championship, not go to a BCS bowl, and not at least play in the National Championship game. Those are the reasons for the "fire mack brown" haterade coming from alums, students, and even some faculty. They do have a point to some extent.

I don't like Mack but I don't hate him either. I really don't have a position on him. I just want him to beat OU for a change and go to a BCS bowl...and then to the National Championship. If he can't get that done, then we should look elsewhere. If he CAN get that done, then I'm a fan. He's a great guy and I kind of feel bad for him. He does a lot but gets the bad wrap, ya know? But that I think you have to be prepared for that when you're the head coach of a DI school in a major conference.

CHSBaseball07
11-14-2004, 12:19 PM
i dont see why the "GREAT BCS" even looks at teams like UTAH...i mean c'mon PEOPLE...WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!!! ...ANYTHING ELSE IS STUPID!

Phil C
11-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
i dont see why the "GREAT BCS" even looks at teams like UTAH...i mean c'mon PEOPLE...WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!!! ...ANYTHING ELSE IS STUPID!

You got that right CHS! It works for Division 2 and 3 football and every other college sport. Why not Division 1 football? And after you picked the top 16 teams for a playoff you could still have enough good teams out there to have good bowl games. Division 1 football lives in the past.

Hupernikomen
11-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
CHS--

Utah is getting the love because the pollsters like them. And should they make a BCS, it will mean the BCS system will have had a flaw in it for 3 straight years at least.

They sure tore A&M up and if Texas doesn't play better than what they have been playing the last couple of weeks in the first half...that same A&M team might put Texas away from the BCS arguement for good. Personally, I hope OU loses the Big XII championship game again this year, but I don't want it to knock UT out of a BCS game this time.

big daddy russ
11-14-2004, 02:11 PM
KTJ- I've seen a bunch of Texas fans on this board bash Mack. It comes from all directions. Personally, I think they should keep him. He reminds me of Steve Spurrier pre-96. Either way, he's the one that rebuilt the Texas dynasty, he should get some love for that.

AggieJohn
11-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
And another thing--what's wrong with not liking Mack or any head coach for that matter?

my only thing about mack is that man, he's not a big game coach

Bulldog_12
11-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Its really hard to call a position on this one. Obviously he is doing something right because of his records and some of the quality wins that he has gotten. But then again, the fact that he cant beat OU for anything and something always interferes with his chances of taking his team to a BCS bowl really makes you think that he might NOT be doing somehting great. We will have to see how this last game goes to see if he is REALLY doing a good job or not. I think this last game will be a huge test to see if he can actually cut it as coach in an increasingly tough BigXII south. Notice I only put SOUTH after that.:D

jason
11-14-2004, 08:24 PM
ha,baylor could win the north...hell, i think somebody said earlier in the season that southlake carroll could win with north lol...