PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell vs. Waco Connally

chs_cheer06
11-14-2004, 01:07 AM
Saturday November 20th at 7:30 at Round Rock ISD...

GATA Hornets!!

CHS_CG
11-14-2004, 01:25 AM
GO CALDWELL... We have a chance to play Connally again this year! Hopefully this year it will be in our favor!

marlin fan
11-14-2004, 01:34 AM
GO HORNETS SWARM THOSE CADETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHSBaseball07
11-14-2004, 11:55 AM
ahh its in Round Rock...i heard it was going to be in Waco...that sucks...we've already played there once ...and the field in Waco is better

CHS_CG
11-14-2004, 02:24 PM
yeah be we have played at the waco place too.. Last year first round of playoff against Connally. I would much rather play at Round Rock

chs_cheer06
11-14-2004, 08:04 PM
GATA Hornets! Yes I do not want to play back at Waco ISD that stadium is WAAAY too big! I really didn't like cheering there either!

ctplaya
11-14-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm glad we aint playin in Waco again. Yeah the stadium is bigger than Round Rock's but this year lets make the Waco fans drive a little too. Last year everbody in Waco was there cheerin on Connaly. They had the fan edge by a lot. Lets make it a little more even this time

OHSwr19
11-14-2004, 08:50 PM
I went to this game while i was in collage station this weekend while me and some friends were waiting on one of our other friends. We left at halftime when it was 14-14 i was really impressed with # 21 and 54 on Caldwells team and i was wondering if he is getting offers anywhere because he is a great athlete.

chs_cheer06
11-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Yes I'm pretty sure they're both getting some good offers! #21 and #54 are very good!

GATA

edibleeggs
11-14-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm not taking anything away from the players, but I seriously doubt that #54 is going to receive an offer from any D1 or D2 schools if thats what your talking bout. All i have to say is watch a game from either of those divisions and tell me what their linebackers look like and i rest my case. Now #21 i can see a possible D2 b/c of his quickness and moves. He would need to strengthen up a little more although he is somewhat stout. Also I do agree w/ you ctplaya bout the stadium site although i do not like that it is on saturday and how far away it is.

HornetMom
11-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ctplaya
I'm glad we aint playin in Waco again. Yeah the stadium is bigger than Round Rock's but this year lets make the Waco fans drive a little too. Last year everbody in Waco was there cheerin on Connaly. They had the fan edge by a lot. Lets make it a little more even this time

You know we will be there for you guys. Only problem with playing on Saturday is its an EXTRA day to wait. :mad:

HornetMom
11-14-2004, 10:53 PM
BTW, can anyone tell me whether Caldwell is home or visitors.

CHS_CG
11-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah I had to preform at halftime last year at the waco stadium and I didnt like the field its really slick. Plus Caldwell fans have already made the drive to Round Rock this year so hopefully we will have a lot of people there! I know I will be there just like every other game.. standing the whole time cheerin on my guys and my team!

GATA hornets!

marlin fan
11-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah That feild is really slick and its really really really slick when its wet!!

GreenMonster
11-15-2004, 03:28 AM
thread

CHS_Grad '85
11-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by edibleeggs
I'm not taking anything away from the players, but I seriously doubt that #54 is going to receive an offer from any D1 or D2 schools if thats what your talking bout. All i have to say is watch a game from either of those divisions and tell me what their linebackers look like and i rest my case.

I don't know about that... A&M took a chance on a smaller linebacker (Dat Nguyen)... seemed to work out for all involved... And like Dat, I think Chili would be an excellant addition to any program... not only is he a great player but a wonderful person... I know you didn't say anything negetive but I guess I'm stating this more for any recruitor out there...

HornetMom
11-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
I don't know about that... A&M took a chance on a smaller linebacker (Dat Nguyen)... seemed to work out for all involved... And like Dat, I think Chili would be an excellant addition to any program... not only is he a great player but a wonderful person... I know you didn't say anything negetive but I guess I'm stating this more for any recruitor out there...

My sig says it all.

CHS_Grad '85
11-15-2004, 11:11 AM
For those that missed the Morning Show... this is cunbed's assessment of the Cadets (btw - thanks D. :) )....

Originally posted by cunbed10
Two RB's ,very explosive, one squats over 600 lbs. and is hard to bring down, arm tackling won't do it, the other lighting fast, quick can go the distance at anytime. Defense big strong fast, quick to the ball, big hitters, Passing game gets a D- they will pass, but only after sucking u N with the run. What ya think Hornets - I think we can take em... can we be "gooder"... :D

HornetMom
11-15-2004, 11:26 AM
You bet...Lets go Hornets. :cheerl: :cheerl:

collegeboy7
11-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Kendrick is definately ready for D1 and Chilli is possibly , Edible eggs idk what ur talkin about, Kendrick is 5'10 205 and runs a 4.4 i mean Navasota was the #5 team and state but still he had 170 yards on just 20 carries so if he aint ready for D1 then i would love for u to tell me a running back who is more deserving and Chilli leads the #1 defense in this area and (#3 in the state ) in Tackles and also is a middle Line Backer with 3 pic's and 2 for touchdowns he runs a 4.7 and is about 245 5'10 so yah maybe a lil more weights but definately a potentila prospect

snakebite
11-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Caldwell should have no problem against Connally. Navasota beat them 49-14 in week 0. Good luck to Caldwell. Y'all played a good game on Friday. It was sad to see Navasota lose like that, but it just wasn't meant to be. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way!

strike hard
11-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Waco Connally had a bad game aginst the Rattlers in week 0. They are a better team than what they showed in the Rattler game being the first game of the season. It is hard to tell which Connally team will show up they have been up and down this year. However I believe caldwell will win. hornets 31 and the cadets 17.

HornetMom
11-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks, Rattlers for the vote of confidence.
It is like I keep saying about Bellville. They are not the same team that played early on. We will be ready to play this weekend and look forward to another great game. I know our guys are pumped up for it.

It was a great game Friday night and you guys gave us one of the most exciting games we've had yet. I am still trying to recover my voice. Congrats to Navasota on a great season. I hope #60 is going to be okay and we look forward to him posting again soon.

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-15-2004, 01:21 PM
I think Caldwell can pull this one out

cunbed10
11-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by edibleeggs
I'm not taking anything away from the players, but I seriously doubt that #54 is going to receive an offer from any D1 or D2 schools if thats what your talking bout. All i have to say is watch a game from either of those divisions and tell me what their linebackers look like and i rest my case. Now #21 i can see a possible D2 b/c of his quickness and moves. He would need to strengthen up a little more although he is somewhat stout. Also I do agree w/ you ctplaya bout the stadium site although i do not like that it is on saturday and how far away it is. Tank is not very big, but at middle linebacker, he is leading central texas in tackles, averaging 14 per game after 11 games, and he's not big at all, but when you see a player leave his feet early you know what hit him......A Tank It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the Dog.

CHS_CG
11-15-2004, 06:05 PM
No matter what Chili or Kendrick or anybody else size on the team is.. the guys are good. We wouldnt be in Round 2 of the playoffs if they werent! The teams and the coaching staff is awesome and the fan support and turn out at away and home games we have got this year is outstanding! Somebody else said that Caldwell has kinda took on a roll like the 12th man and I believe we really have.. when the guys hear us cheerin and yellin for them in the stands it gets them even more fired up and they feed off of our energy! Like I said earlier....

WATCH OUT CONNALLY HERE COME THE HORNETS!

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Caldwell is out to PROVE that this year they are FOR REAL!! I would really hate to be Waco Connally this year...cause they are standing in the way of a very TALENTED and READY TO PROVE THEY ARE THE ONE Caldwell TEAM...Caldwell by at least 10 or 14......Dominating the WHOLE ENTIRE GAME !!!! LETS GO CALDWELL!!!!!!!!!!! BEAT THE YOU KNOW WHAT OUTTA THE CADETS!

Bellville22
11-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by snakebite
Caldwell should have no problem against Connally. Navasota beat them 49-14 in week 0.

That was a long time ago. Connally also beat Marlin, the only team to do so this year.

This will be a very good game. Two contrasting styles, both effective, I look forward to a good one.

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 06:58 PM
This will be a GREAT ONE...but i think that no game can top that Navasota Caldwell Game.......MAN I was on my FEET THE WHOLE GAME

CHS_CG
11-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Yeah CHS_baseball We were on our feet the whole time too. I think I sat down at halftime lol! But none of us could talk the next day!

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 07:55 PM
If i wouldve been hollering the WHOLE game like i was after halftime....LORD! lol

cgaceb
11-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85

dont forget about that little tech lb now at miami

CHS_CG
11-15-2004, 08:04 PM
I know hes a 2a player but Kordero Harris plays for Somerville and he is a small player but LORD watch out for him. Its not the size of a player its how he plays!

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 08:08 PM
this is true....never go by SIZE

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
How come The Eagle...and the news says caldwell plays on Friday...get it right peoplE! Lol

CHS_CG
11-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Yeah well the paper is stupid sometimes! But its Saturday at RRISD kick off 7:30!

CHSBaseball07
11-15-2004, 09:12 PM
This is TRUE

CaldwellCenter
11-15-2004, 09:33 PM
yea were looking for revenge against waco connally and were gonna get it to nobody gives us credit and what did we do to the number 5 team in the state we shut all those doubters up maybe they people will believe were for real now and all i have to say to waco connally is bring it on

CHS_CG
11-15-2004, 09:43 PM
I am hoping that Caldwell will start gettin a lot of support now that we have proved that we are a good team! The guys have worked hard for this and will continue working hard everyday!

GO CALDWELL BEAT CONNALLY!

edibleeggs
11-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Now some of you must have misunderstood me but im talkin bout college ball not high school. In high school both of these young men are quite the good football players. I mean theres a reason why they are in round 2 and headed even deeper. But collegeboy, have you seen any college football games that are division 1. I'm not going to get in some immature argument...but all i have to say is wait and see how they do in there trips to the college level. Then you will learn...and you must not have read the whole reply. I did say that #21 had a chance at D2 and I will also say that he would have a chance at a lower class D1.

chugbug
11-16-2004, 09:40 AM
How did Caldwell beat Navasota? I would not have believed it had I not witnessed it myself. Navasota has the reputation of not being able to win the big games and laying down. However, Caldwell's run is over. Waco will win this one. Go Caldwell prove me wrong.:eek: :eek: :flamingma :eek: :eek: :eek:

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Caldwell won because we have Talent and when it comes to big games we know how to handle ourselves. We will again try to prove you wrong Saturday against Connally.. you have to remember the Cadets beat us last year in round 1 and we are lookin to kick them out this year!

Go HORNETS GATA!

Bellville22
11-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
How did Caldwell beat Navasota? I would not have believed it had I not witnessed it myself. Navasota has the reputation of not being able to win the big games and laying down. However, Caldwell's run is over. Waco will win this one. Go Caldwell prove me wrong.:eek: :eek: :flamingma :eek: :eek: :eek:

Caldwell was better than Navasota. I expected that result.

I also think Caldwell can hang with Connally. Two contrasting styles, but should be a very good matchup.

I'll take Caldwell by 3.

UPanIN
11-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Caldwell.

Do not take this Waco team lightly. They are much improved since zero week. The Rattlers pounded them early but I suspect it's a differant team today.

Just because you beat the Rattlers don't think this will be easy.

Play hard and mistake free and you'll win.

Caldwell by 6.

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Trust me.. our Caldwell team knows Connally is good. We played them last year and lost.. now I know teams change over a year but I believe Caldwell is goin to come out on top!

GO HORNETS!

chs_cheer06
11-16-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm not going to say much about this game other than I think we'll win! But guys y'all have to go out their and play y'alls best game y'all have ever played before. Don't let anyone get in the way of y'alls dream - To go all the way and win! Y'all have to go out their and kick some cadet @**!

GATA

CHSBaseball07
11-16-2004, 07:14 PM
SWARM! (nice post with lots of insight i know)

faithfuldog
11-16-2004, 07:28 PM
pulling for the Hornets...have not seen ya'll play, but it seems ya'll are peaking at the right time by the teams ya'll have played.
I've seen the Cadets twice and I was impressed. I think they can go all the way if they show up!

Hornets 17
Cadets 30

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Caldwell has held their own this year... I believe we can pull this win off! GO CALDWELL!

chs_cheer06
11-16-2004, 07:59 PM
GATA

collegeboy7
11-16-2004, 09:55 PM
mm mm mm Conolly is really good but this is Caldwell's yr, They may not have the best atheletes but they have guys who give 100% on every snap , Caldwell is gonna win this one with easeand am not saying that to be cocky i am saing that for certain thi is not the first time they have played on this field and the last time they played there pittman had 250 plus yards against a pretty good bellville team . Caldwell win's this becuz of defense 34 -14

CHS_Grad '85
11-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Come on Hornet Fans.... let's make some NOISE!!!!!!!

GO HORNETS GO!!!!

CHSBaseball07
11-17-2004, 05:15 PM
!!NOISE!!..........was that good enough?? haha....j/k...........There will be plenty of noise Saturday...im glad now that were not playing in Waco...cause too much of that noise would be from the Waco Fans......they wouldve packed the house if we wouldve played there.......GREAT DECISION to play in Round Rock......make them Travel ALSO!!!

CALDWELL WILL WIN!!!
and then!!! THEY WILL WIN AGAIN!
And then........AGAIN!
until of course they are done winning......

CHS_Grad '85
11-17-2004, 05:21 PM
I know - at first I wasn't sure about Round Rock (as were some of my friends) but upon reflection it makes sense... I'm too excited about this rematch... I'm ready for Saturday now... :D

CHSBaseball07
11-17-2004, 05:23 PM
yea i questioned it in an earlier poll...then i slapped myself..and said..."Am I an idiot" when i came to the conclusion of "Yes I am" i decided Round Rock is a MUCH BETTER place to play

CHS_Grad '85
11-17-2004, 05:27 PM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ruinkai/biglaugha.gif
I just hope we don't need a boat to get to the staduim... :D

CHS_CG
11-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Burnet is goin to need a boat to get anywhere.. One of my friends told me the roads were under water and they didnt have to go to school today..well Ranger Mom me that but one of our friends told her.

CHSBaseball07
11-17-2004, 05:31 PM
Even if we had to swim the place is going to be packed with Caldwell People.......

CHS_Grad '85
11-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Even if we had to swim the place is going to be packed with Caldwell People....... AMEN BROTHER!!!

CHSBaseball07
11-17-2004, 05:37 PM
WE HAVE TO WIN!! WE WILL WIN!!! OF COURSE WE WILL!!! BUT IM STILL NERVOUS!

HornetMom
11-17-2004, 05:41 PM
LETS GO HORNETS, LETS GO!!!! :clap: :clap:

CHSBaseball07
11-17-2004, 05:43 PM
SWARM! SWARM! SWARM! hey i think we have the same hornet in our signature lol

HornetMom
11-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Yes we do. But I had my up first. Keith7 "borrowed" it. :hand: :eek:

CHS_CG
11-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Row Row Row your boat..

How many of us are goin to have to sing that song soon!

rhs78
11-17-2004, 05:49 PM
these are two good teams,evenly matched, tough game to pick, i think caldwell will win (,being they beat a good navisota team,) in a very close game by 3, good luck to both teams stay injury free and have safe trip

HornetMom
11-17-2004, 05:51 PM
http://www.clipart.co.uk/clipart/mazeguy/animated/boat.gifhttp://www.clipart.co.uk/clipart/mazeguy/sports/surfing.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-027.gif

CHS_CG
11-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
http://www.clipart.co.uk/clipart/mazeguy/animated/boat.gifhttp://www.clipart.co.uk/clipart/mazeguy/sports/surfing.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-027.gif

Thank you Mom, very cute

CHSBaseball07
11-17-2004, 06:23 PM
i like those little pictures..lol

CHS_CG
11-17-2004, 08:00 PM
yeah mom has a lot of those kinda pix just sittin on her computer lol

chs_cheer06
11-17-2004, 08:25 PM
GATA Caldwell... Don't forget there's a community wide pep rally tomorrow night at the Caldwell High Gym at 6pm... HornetMom, CHS_CG, CHSBASEBALL07, CHSGRAD85 and all of you Caldwell posters, I better see every single one of you out there while I'm doing the chants and cheer and Fight Song! :D BE CAREFUL ON THE ROADS!

rattlerbb01
11-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Having been to all but the Bellville game to back the Rattlers this year, i can tell you that if the Cadets defense is improved at all, or can at least stop the run occasionally (which Navasota simply couldn't do in district or playoff's), it will be a good game. Not to take away from Caldwell's awesome power running attack, but a hint of Rattler D might've forged a different outcome last week. Nonetheless, that game took my breath away. Way to keep your head up after that stripped ball #6, it payed off!

HornetMom
11-17-2004, 10:25 PM
chs_cheer06, CHS_CG and I will be there for sure. As you can see a few post earlier, I have already started the chant.... :D :cheerl: :cheerl:

CHS_CG
11-18-2004, 03:42 PM
2 more days.. I cant wait.. I cant take it any more...
lets go Caldwell beat Connally!

caldwell
11-18-2004, 10:53 PM
I THINK ILL GO WITH CALDWELL BY 12 IN THIS ONE GUYS
SORRY WACO YOURE CITY IS WHAKO

chs_cheer06
11-19-2004, 12:16 AM
GATA

chugbug
11-19-2004, 10:10 AM
I agree that Caldwell has talent. However their ofense is very predictable. Rusty Roark taught the ofensive coordinator the wing T in about 5 minutes. Therefore, I think that Waco will be successful. :eek: :eek: :tongue: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CHSBaseball07
11-19-2004, 11:20 AM
nahh everyone has known about it all year and didnt stop it

CHS_CG
11-19-2004, 11:50 AM
GO CALDWELL GO CALDWELL OOO GO CALDWELL...

man why do we have to play on a saturday.. i am goin to be soo bored tonight!

CHS_Grad '85
11-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Naw - just listen to Marlin vs Bellevilles game on 107.3... it'll take care of you till you can get to our game... lol:D

HornetMom
11-19-2004, 12:01 PM
We can listen to that game on the radio and the Cameron game on the computer and keep the 3adl updated on both. If the computer will cooperate. :D

CHS_CG
11-19-2004, 12:14 PM
fat chance of that happening... lol

HornetMom
11-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Why...

CHS_CG
11-19-2004, 12:42 PM
its our computer it never works when we want it to lol.. though it might..its been pretty fast today

cgaceb
11-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
I agree that Caldwell has talent. However their ofense is very predictable. Rusty Roark taught the ofensive coordinator the wing T in about 5 minutes. Therefore, I think that Waco will be successful. :eek: :eek: :tongue: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks like your spelling teacher only spent 5 minutes with you.

Bull's-eye
11-20-2004, 03:27 AM
Good luck to my friends in Caldwell. I got to meet CHS_Grad'85 at the Bellville/Marlin game. Tell the "Voice" not to announce the games in Czech. :D Go Hornets!!

HornetMom
11-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Thank Bulls-eye, CHS_Grad'85 said she met you and others last night. I wasn't able to make the game. My daughter, CHS_CG, has a bad cough she hasn't been able to shake, so we stay home so she can go tonight.

Okay Hornets, today is the day...SWARM THE CADETS

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Good luck to ya'll, Caldwell!

CHS_CG
11-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Its Finally Saturday.. trouble is... I dont thnk I can wait till 7:30!!
Thanx to everybody whos not from Caldwell and giving us support! It means a lot to us!

Lets got Hornets!!!!!! Beat those Cadets!!!

edibleeggs
11-20-2004, 03:08 PM
I woke up this morning and heard that the game had been cancelled. This is "Caldwell" of course talking. I was just wanting to make sure on here that the game was still going on. Please if someone has any information would you please reply on here.