PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs Kansas Controversy

PhiI C
11-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Texas scored with 11 seconds to defeat Kansas 27 to 23. However, with just over 2 minutes Kansas completed a pass for a first down that would have enabled Kansas to run out a lot of the lock but the Kansas receiver was called for offensive pass interfearence and instead Kansas was penalized and failed to make a first down and had to punt to Texas enabling Texas to pull it out. The Kansas coach was very upset and said that the refs called the play and gave Texas the game because of monitary considerations in playoffs.

PhiI C
11-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Someone should have notifed Michigan State or the refs of that game to let Wisconsin win. :D

TXMike
11-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Let's see...Texas had 10 penalties for 103 yards and Kansas had 3 for 23 yards total. But the refs wanted Texas to win?!?!?!?

Time to see what type of huevos the Big XII has when they punish this guy for these allegations.

sinton66
11-13-2004, 08:38 PM
I agree, Mike. That's a very silly argument when you consider the total game.

Chief Woodman
11-13-2004, 08:42 PM
The coach may be using the old adage "any port in a storm". He is looking for excuses. Besides what controversy? Texas did win didn't they? hehehehehehehehehe

TXMike
11-13-2004, 08:53 PM
One story I read said that Texas had a 4th and 18 on that last drive and the QB ran for 22 yards. Which official threw the key block(s)???

GOFOR2
11-13-2004, 09:10 PM
nothing but a bad sport.
HOOK'EM HORNS!!!!!!

Chief Woodman
11-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TXMike
One story I read said that Texas had a 4th and 18 on that last drive and the QB ran for 22 yards. Which official threw the key block(s)???

There was probably some obvious holding on that play that the refs turned a blind eye to. Then they turned around and winked at the MIZZU coach. YAH RIGHT!

Leopards,class of 75
11-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Way to go Texas!!!! I am glad the Longhorns pulled it out again in the second half.

sinton66
11-14-2004, 12:13 AM
The Kansas Coach came out later and apologized for his earlier remarks. I'm betting he got a phone call from the NCAA.

ILS1
11-14-2004, 12:54 AM
The REAL reason Jabba (The Hut) Mangino was upset because he lost a bet. The winner got 50 Hooter's Hot Wings,a dozen Jelly Doughnuts & a large stuffed crust Meat Lover's pizza!!!

:eek:

Bulldog_12
11-14-2004, 01:36 AM
Now granted that he had no room to say what he did, it was a very close call. From the angles I saw it, it could have gone both ways. Both looked like they shoved each other, but who knows. All I can say is its over and Texas was lucky to get out of that one. Congrats.

Buckeye80
11-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
nothing but a bad sport.
HOOK'EM HORNS!!!!!!

Boo!

CHSBaseball07
11-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Texas is Lucky...but rather good at comebacks now...lol...Maybe this will be a WAKE UP CALL ...........

Rabbit'93
11-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Let me start preface this by saying I am not an aggie.

If Texas is such a national powerhouse why are they even having trouble with KANSAS....KANSAS.

CHSBaseball07
11-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Umm its called football.....one day ur great...the next ur not so great..........look at all the upsets that happened this year......Miami lost 2 games after they were a "powerhouse"....Wisconsin lost.........A&M lost to Baylor (although they aren't a national powerhouse ;) :D )........Even Texas has bad games...haha

Bullaholic
11-14-2004, 12:01 PM
I will wax nostalgic on this one.....I just long for the old UT days of Darryl Royal when UT never had to worry about beating the KU's of the world and was respected as one of the elite teams in the country... and OU was just a fairly good team north of the border. Sigh....alas, you can never "go back" and live in the past---but it is comforting to this Texan to "bask" a little in memory. I'll just be glad when UT can return to national prominence and dominance again.

CHSBaseball07
11-14-2004, 12:21 PM
It would be nice to go back to those times

Flourhead
11-14-2004, 12:40 PM
kansas is very under-rated in my opinion... i know their record signifies that but they have a very good defense... if they had just a little bit of offense they would be a very good team this year

Longhorn^
11-14-2004, 07:52 PM
:D :D

PhiI C
11-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Welcome aboard Longhorn!

AggieJohn
11-14-2004, 08:04 PM
i don't want to address the coaches comments though i did hear that he came back on and apoligized for those heat of the moment comments....however the play that was a offensive pass inteference was just a common bump that all players do in that position....the call was bogus...but then again, texas shouldn't have even had to put themselves in that position in the first place

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Kansas coach is just making escuses, BUT....i still think Kansas played UT very tough. i think most people expected UT to blow Kansas out, and they won in a squeaker. i was not impressed w/ UT on Saturday.

Flourhead
11-14-2004, 08:31 PM
the call wasnt bogus... the receiver pushed off and thats most definitely a penalty... i know it doesnt get called much but thats just bad officiating

TheDOCTORdre
11-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Before this game most people were looking at Kansas' record and UT's record and thought no contest UT wins, but what most people dont realize is that Kansas has a quality run defense amd they utilized that against Texas.

11TARPON
11-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Homefield advantage is tremendous in college. I will bet that it wouldn't of been close if the game was at Austin. The Aggies, however, even at home couldn't disposed of the unranked Tech team in regulation time. I see that it is mainly the Aggies that are saying that the call was wrong.

Bulldog_12
11-14-2004, 08:47 PM
See this is what I dislike. No one is even downing UT, just giving opinions on the call and you turn this into a UT vs. A&M thing. Why dont you just stick to the topic of the thread. WOW! You my friend are a classy poster! Good Job!:thumbsup: :rolleyes: Anyways, back to the topic at hand. It was a really close call and like I have said earlier, as a football fan and outsider (for those who might get their panties in a wad), I think it could have gone either way. The defender obviously ran and gave a push on the receiver which is illegal while the ball is in the air, and the receiver obviously pushed back. Coulda gone either way and UT should be thanking their lucky stars to come back to Austin with the W. Stinking BCS and their dollar signs.:D

Phil C
11-15-2004, 11:16 AM
The tv announcers said a lot of Kansas students were in line to buy tickets for the basketball game the next day but when word got out about the big upset about to happen they all left their lines and went to the game to support Kansas and the stadium started to fill up. Imagine their disappointment in the last five minutes of the game.