PDA

View Full Version : Worst case senario

statebound
11-13-2004, 06:48 PM
the winner of the Week 12 Decatur vs. Gainesville game wont have a short trip to play. Canyon(by Amarillo) would be further, but Abilene Wylie wouldnt be a short trip. Atleast the game would be on a saturday.

Flourhead
11-13-2004, 06:50 PM
i say they should just flip for home next week

Keith7
11-13-2004, 06:56 PM
i'm sure they'd play at a nuetural site??

when we played Abilene Wylie last year we played in Ft. Worth

and why in the world would it have to be on a saturday??

statebound
11-13-2004, 07:04 PM
i was just supposing it to be on a saturday since most ppl get off work around 5 and wouldnt be able to make a friday night game on a long drive, but it doesnt have to be on saturday

Keith7
11-13-2004, 07:07 PM
i'm sure it will be on a friday, and will be in Ft. Worth if its against wylies and maybe Witchita Falls against Canyon..

thats how Gainesville would prolly make it.. i dont know how good the decatur coaches are at scheduling playoff games because they dont have as much experience doing it

statebound
11-13-2004, 07:14 PM
oooo burn i'll accept that because its true-- Decatur is fairly new in the post season action. im hoping saturday bc i have a bball game friday night. Fort Worth wont be bad but there is no way Decatur will ever play in Wichita Falls again. Back in the 70's(before Decatur's silent period) Decatur lost in the semi finals @ WF and many other years b4 that we lost there. Decatur has NEVER won a game @ WF following last years loss to Vernon, Coach story was asked by numerous people to never schedule a playoff game at wichita falls. Just a superstition

Keith7
11-13-2004, 07:21 PM
lol well if thats true then have fun driving to amarillo

statebound
11-13-2004, 07:32 PM
i dont know-- what do iowa park fields look like-- or possibly Abilene? maybe wylie will win and we wont have to worry about it

GreenMonster
11-13-2004, 07:37 PM
If it's Canyon vs either of these two teams then actually Vernon would be really close to the midway point and Lion Stadium should be large enough to host the game. If Wylie wins then Stephenville is probably really close to the mid way point and I know that Tarleton Memorial Stadium is large enough. But, I don't have a say one way or the other. Good luck to everyone involved. Go Iowa Park, Win D-II !!! :clap:

GreenMonster
11-13-2004, 07:40 PM
IP and Vernon's Stadium are near replicas of each other. I doubt IP would host it though, they should still be playing as well. Besides, who would want to play in IP when Wichita Falls is just 10 minutes East. Even if that is where Decatur wants to play it no one would agree to it.

statebound
11-13-2004, 07:43 PM
has vernon built a new since 2001?-- i remember missing halloween to play there in 2001 in the pouring rain to watch my bro QB and losing in the slosh pit. the stadium then was built onto a valley, concrete seats tiny visitor side---- surely your not refering to that stadium?????????

Keith7
11-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Gainesville won't agree unless the stadium has turf.. does vernon have turf?

statebound
11-13-2004, 07:54 PM
vernon didnt in 2001 unless they rebuilt but i havent got an answer yet. does gainesville have turf?--- if not how can u say that after playing probably more than half your games on grass-- it doesnt make that much of a difference unless it rained recently

GreenMonster
11-13-2004, 08:01 PM
No turf in Vernon. Visitor side offers better seating than G-ville thats for certain and better than Decatur as well if I remember correctly (i know that Decatur is growing by leaps and bounds though and wouldn't be suprised if they have upgraded). The best thing about Vernon is location for this game if Canyon is involved. Plenty of standing roon available.

Keith7
11-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by statebound
vernon didnt in 2001 unless they rebuilt but i havent got an answer yet. does gainesville have turf?--- if not how can u say that after playing probably more than half your games on grass-- it doesnt make that much of a difference unless it rained recently

nope they have grass but they havnt played on grass in the playoffs in the past 5 years, i dont know if it goes back before that either.. but i wouldnt doubt it..

Gainesville plays on turf.. enough said

black&blue
11-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Fort Worth wont be bad but there is no way Decatur will ever play in Wichita Falls again. Back in the 70's(before Decatur's silent period) Decatur lost in the semi finals @ WF and many other years b4 that we lost there. Decatur has NEVER won a game @ WF following last years loss to Vernon, Coach story was asked by numerous people to never schedule a playoff game at wichita falls. Just a superstition
Hey don't worry im sure the Decatur coaches will call and ask you before they make any agreements on where to play...

statebound
11-13-2004, 08:10 PM
its not just me -- all those guys that played back in the day would agree w/ that 2 dont get a big attitude about it-- weve never won there--- were not gonna try again--- if a QB completes 0 passes in his career is he gonna try again?

Keith7
11-13-2004, 08:14 PM
if a QB completes 0 passes in his career is he gonna try again?

thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard it makes no sense..

Gainesville had never won a Playoff game in Denton until last night.. but they still played there.. and what does the 2001 decatur team have to do with the 2004 team?? my guess is NOTHING.. and i know for sure that the 1970's decatur teams really have nothing to do w/ the 2004 team.. please try to talk about things u know about

black&blue
11-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Amen Keith, Amen

statebound
11-13-2004, 08:17 PM
the point in bringing up 2001 was that vernon was in our district and we played there and we were talking about that stadium.. wen u live in a small town like decatur traditions like that stay alive so that is why the 70's teams are important