PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater VS. Cooper

wildstangs
11-13-2004, 11:44 AM
I just called the radio station in Sweetwater, and they said the game would be played next Friday night at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene! Makes it convenient for me!

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Sounds like Sweetwater won that toss. :)

wildstangs
11-13-2004, 11:45 AM
I guess we flipped Shotwell against Lowrey.

Da Mules
11-13-2004, 11:46 AM
wow talk about convenient for all the Sweeties! :D Why didn't they just hold it in the Mustang Bowl and save on 40 extra miles of gas??
Good luck Stangs. If you can shut down the running game and flush Wood out of the pocket, you'll probably win it.

ranger
11-13-2004, 12:00 PM
DA Mules,

Good Luck this week. Ya'll played a great game against us. If you play like that every week, you'll play awhile. Once again, congrats.

The Perryton Rangers.

Da Mules
11-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Thanks Rangers. You guys were no slouches, and I know the injury bug bit ya hard this year. The ball just went our way Thursday night.

westTXbest
11-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Da mules take out snyder for us, but watch out they will hit u in the nads into u throw up, belive me i wathced our boys do it on the sidelines.

wildstangs
11-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
wow talk about convenient for all the Sweeties! :D Why didn't they just hold it in the Mustang Bowl and save on 40 extra miles of gas??
Good luck Stangs. If you can shut down the running game and flush Wood out of the pocket, you'll probably win it.

I wish it was at the Bowl. I bet we offered to have this one at the bowl. I am sure Cooper politely said "No Thanks" when that option was brought up.

mulefan
11-13-2004, 12:28 PM
we are supposed to have the early game on fri in lubb if we get bumped we are in plainview.

Da Mules
11-13-2004, 12:30 PM
they play football in Plainview? :D :D

mulefan
11-13-2004, 12:32 PM
that would be nice!

Da Mules
11-13-2004, 12:44 PM
west tx best, I have heard a little talk about that. I'm glad David Wood's teams haven't ever displayed that crap. I've seen an altercation or two in the past few years, but no dirty football. I remember in 2000 our big DE Jeff Shelburne about ripped the head off of some Forney kid after the whistle; the helmet flew up in the air about 15 yards, and Jeff was rightfully flagged for 15 yards. All Jeff would say is that he (the Forney kid) deserved it.

You always hope both coaching staffs would be have more pride than to let that happen; win or lose.

TheDOCTORdre
11-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Hope the Stangs win this one, so I can go watch them the week after when I'm down for Thanksgiving

swatersenior
11-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Some how im just thinkin Cooper is goin to have a really hard time beating a team like Sweetwater twice and i dont think they can pull it off

TheDOCTORdre
11-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by swatersenior
Some how im just thinkin Cooper is goin to have a really hard time beating a team like Sweetwater twice and i dont think they can pull it off
Thats like the smartest thing I have ever seen you write or heard you say

Stangster
11-15-2004, 09:44 AM
The Mustangs are more than ready for this game. This is a chance to avenge a loss (a close one at that) that many think should never have happened. We did more to defeat ourselves in the first half than Cooper did, we played a decent second half, outscoring them 14-3, but it was not enough to overcome the mistakes of the first half. This game is an opportunity to set things right and the Mustangs will come to play and take no prisoners. Go Mustangs!

pero chato
11-15-2004, 11:11 AM
I don't see the Mustangs slipping up again. They way they are playing, they could go all the way. Sweetwater by 15.

mustang04
11-15-2004, 11:25 AM
who did lbk cooper play last week????

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Borger

mustang04
11-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Borger
u know anything about how good/bad borger was and the score??

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2004, 11:30 AM
The score was 32-14

Black_Magic
11-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
The Mustangs are more than ready for this game. This is a chance to avenge a loss (a close one at that) that many think should never have happened. We did more to defeat ourselves in the first half than Cooper did, we played a decent second half, outscoring them 14-3, but it was not enough to overcome the mistakes of the first half. This game is an opportunity to set things right and the Mustangs will come to play and take no prisoners. Go Mustangs! OH no! Am I reading correctly????? Talking about the one that got away?? I thought you guys didnt do that. I remember when one criticized others big time for this type of talk. But Now I guess its ok..;)

Stangster
11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
OH no! Am I reading correctly????? Talking about the one that got away?? I thought you guys didnt do that. I remember when one criticized others big time for this type of talk. But Now I guess its ok..;)
Not the one that got away...but a chance to get it right. We lost fair and square, we weren't the better team that night and are not taking anything away from Cooper, but we also realize we did not play up to our potential and would like to prove that to ourselves.

Seems like I remember Snyder looking forward to the 4th round to correct their loss to Sweetwater, although I don't remember them admitting to making any mistakes. Seems like it was blamed on "other" factors as I recall.

Quick to criticize, Slow to realize

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2004, 07:47 PM
OH no! Am I reading correctly????? Talking about the one that got away?? I thought you guys didnt do that. I remember when one criticized others big time for this type of talk. But Now I guess its ok..;)
Yup I criticized ya'll for talking about the one that got away but I have never sung that song

mustang04
11-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Snyder its funny that Black Magic said that....he sure can recognize that 'song' pretty quick, prolly cuz Snyder's had to sing it about Sweetwater too many times:D

just messin w/ yall tigers, congrats on the victory and good luck against muleshoe

Black_Magic
11-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Not the one that got away...but a chance to get it right. We lost fair and square, we weren't the better team that night and are not taking anything away from Cooper, but we also realize we did not play up to our potential and would like to prove that to ourselves.

Seems like I remember Snyder looking forward to the 4th round to correct their loss to Sweetwater, although I don't remember them admitting to making any mistakes. Seems like it was blamed on "other" factors as I recall.

Quick to criticize, Slow to realize no doubt you read a post of mine about that. I look forward to it. hope it happens:D I just think its funny that you guys gripe about Snyder folks saying virtualy the same thing your saying about the cooper game. but I guess its ok or over looked If a sweetwater fan does it. No body from sweetwater spoke up and said you were talking about the "one that got away". Just thought it was a little hypocritical in regards to it.
Good luck in the cooper game! im rooting for ya!:kiss: :clap:

Go Tigers! DISTRICT CHAMIONS!

mustang04
11-15-2004, 09:06 PM
no doubt you read a post of mine about that. I look forward to it. hope it happens:D I just think its funny that you guys gripe about Snyder folks saying virtualy the same thing your saying about the cooper game. but I guess its ok or over looked If a sweetwater fan does it. No body from sweetwater spoke up and said you were talking about the "one that got away". Just thought it was a little hypocritical in regards to it.

u dont have to pucker up yet, just wait till after the 4th round game, then my tushi will be ready for those lips:D

Black_Magic
11-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Yep I heard that about you! your like that! Im straight tho. Sory to disapoint ya. I hear there is a good "population" of your type in San Angelo though. :clap:

Black_Magic
11-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Yup I criticized ya'll for talking about the one that got away but I have never sung that song but no criticizim for stangster is what Im noticing.:D

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2004, 09:15 PM
but no criticizim for stangster is what Im noticing.:D
shame on u stangster... is that more to your liking:D

Stangster
11-15-2004, 10:43 PM
no doubt you read a post of mine about that. I look forward to it. hope it happens:D I just think its funny that you guys gripe about Snyder folks saying virtualy the same thing your saying about the cooper game. but I guess its ok or over looked If a sweetwater fan does it. No body from sweetwater spoke up and said you were talking about the "one that got away". Just thought it was a little hypocritical in regards to it.

A chance to redeem ourselves versus whining about a loss

#1 I'm discussing a game that was played week 0, not whining about a current loss.
#2 I'd didn't say we should have won that game, but looking forward to an opportunity to get it right.
#3 I didn't blame anyone or anything for our loss but us, not the refs, the bounce of the ball, etc.
#4 There were no "could of, should of, or would ofs" that accommpanied your posts.
#5 There were no claims to be the better team, only that we didn't play up to our potential.
#6 35-7 is more than the one that got away, it's getting your hat handed to you.
#7 If you can't see the difference then it's pointless to discuss it with you any further.

Stangster
11-15-2004, 10:45 PM
but no criticizim for stangster is what Im noticing.:D

Trying to make it personal?

mustang04
11-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Yep I heard that about you! your like that! Im straight tho. Sory to disapoint ya. I hear there is a good "population" of your type in San Angelo though. :clap:

haha...yeah thats why ive only dated like 4 girls from snyder...but yeah there are alot of 'those' here in angelo...BLAH

Black_Magic
11-16-2004, 08:01 AM
A chance to redeem ourselves versus whining about a loss

#1 I'm discussing a game that was played week 0, not whining about a current loss.
#2 I'd didn't say we should have won that game, but looking forward to an opportunity to get it right.
#3 I didn't blame anyone or anything for our loss but us, not the refs, the bounce of the ball, etc.
#4 There were no "could of, should of, or would ofs" that accommpanied your posts.
#5 There were no claims to be the better team, only that we didn't play up to our potential.
#6 35-7 is more than the one that got away, it's getting your hat handed to you.
#7 If you can't see the difference then it's pointless to discuss it with you any further. wow! lots of babling to cover the obvious. LOL.. 35-7?? you talking about the Clyde sweetwater game? So, cooper is the better team? you guys are hoping to get lucky this weekend then? LOL

Stangster
11-16-2004, 10:15 AM
The only thing that is oblivious is that you can't reason with an unreasonable person. Instead of evaluating what is stated, you twist your own meaning out of it. I didn't say Cooper was a better team (they were the last time we met), but I gave them the proper respect for their victory. I believe we can beat them if we play up to our potential. Only time will tell, you know the saying, "Any given Friday night...."

Stangster
11-16-2004, 10:17 AM
shame on u stangster... is that more to your liking:D
Thank you, Doctor. I now consider myself properly rebuked. I feel so much better now.

mustang04
11-16-2004, 12:10 PM
wow! lots of babling to cover the obvious. LOL.. 35-7?? you talking about the Clyde sweetwater game? So, cooper is the better team? you guys are hoping to get lucky this weekend then? LOL

u hit the nail right on the head, cuz u and i both know that sweetwater isnt any good:rolleyes: that it wasnt us who beat yall, was just snyder beating themselves, yeah, so please at least try to be nice to us since we are horrible and cant play football:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
11-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Im just simply making a point that is very valid. I remember when It was stated that snyder didnt play well last time they played sweetwater. I remember stating that. I remember me and other snyder folks saying that we believe we are the better team and hope we meet again. Then I remember geting blasted from you folks for mentioning those things..... then along comes the cooper rematch and we see the same thing from you guys. but acording you you its "different"... What a laugh. If your going to gripe about someone believing they are the better team than you then dont turn around and do the same thing when it come to someone who beat you. Maybe you dont think snyder is near as good as sweetwater. fine. we did beat wylie and cooper though. we are 9-2 and are responsible in part for you getting a share of the district title. I just though it was worth mentioning about the hypocracy. thats all.. If it does not appear that way to you thats fine. we all have oppinions.. good luck friday.:)

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Isnt this post about Sweetwater Vs. Lubbock Cooper? Or am I wrong?

Stangster
11-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
Isnt this post about Sweetwater Vs. Lubbock Cooper? Or am I wrong?
Some how Snyder has to find a way to make it about them. It is amazing how all of the Sweetwater posters are considered one entity. I am being chastised for something someone else said, but an oppportunity to attack Sweetwater can't be passed up. When our adversary sees Sweetwater he sees red (literally) and reason, logic and good sense go out the window.

Despite all the passionate comments, the outcome will be decided Friday night. Go Mustangs!

Stangster
11-16-2004, 02:00 PM

What is a chamion anyway?

pero chato
11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
What is a chamion anyway?

I believe it's a cloth used to dry a wet car after the car has been washed.

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2004, 02:47 PM
If you meant to say Champions, then that shout out must also go to Wylie and Sweetwater

Black & Gold
11-16-2004, 05:29 PM
I think this is going to be a good ball game. Wish I could see it. I think that either team could win this one. Both teams are good. I think that Sweetwater has more speed. I may be wrong but I am thinking that Cooper had the bigger guys. It's definitely going to be interesting. Don't take it personal but I gotta go for Sweetwater in this one. It's just a district 4-3a thing. I want to see our district do as well as possible.

mustang04
11-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Im just simply making a point that is very valid. I remember when It was stated that snyder didnt play well last time they played sweetwater. I remember stating that. I remember me and other snyder folks saying that we believe we are the better team and hope we meet again. Then I remember geting blasted from you folks for mentioning those things..... then along comes the cooper rematch and we see the same thing from you guys. but acording you you its "different"... What a laugh. If your going to gripe about someone believing they are the better team than you then dont turn around and do the same thing when it come to someone who beat you. Maybe you dont think snyder is near as good as sweetwater. fine. we did beat wylie and cooper though. we are 9-2 and are responsible in part for you getting a share of the district title. I just though it was worth mentioning about the hypocracy. thats all.. If it does not appear that way to you thats fine. we all have oppinions.. good luck friday.:)

but the difference between sweetwater saying that they were better than Cooper and yalls saying yall were better than us...is that we actually ARE better than cooper, not just saying it cuz we lost;)

Black_Magic
11-16-2004, 09:54 PM
OH no! Am I reading correctly????? Talking about the one that got away?? I thought you guys didnt do that. I remember when one criticized others big time for this type of talk. But Now I guess its ok..;) If you will remember this is my post on this subject. If you will read carefully there is no mention of Snyder in this post:eek: Funny how you want to change the subject when I call attention to a Hypocritical thing like this. If you will remember YOU mentioned Snyder.. its Hypocritical to say what you said about the last cooper game and just a few weeks before criticize someone els who made virtualy the same remarks about another game.... thats what happened and I simply saw it and it came to mind. If you dont want to take it then you should not dish it out.:D

Stangster
11-16-2004, 10:00 PM
yawn... You know the conversation has worn thin when someone starts quoting themselves. So who is this "others" anyway?

stangcenter60
11-16-2004, 10:38 PM
this whole conversation is just retarded.......

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-16-2004, 10:58 PM
Y cant we all get along? STOP THIS MADNESS.

mustang04
11-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
Y cant we all get along? STOP THIS MADNESS.

cuz its a hellova lot funner when ya fight against ur rivals..even tho i respect them...YA HEAR THAT SNYDER???? i said i have respect for yall as a team and community

swatersenior
11-17-2004, 01:30 AM

The only diff between that game and this game is that we are bein realistic lol.....and we play them friday......im not seeing yall making up for the "one that got away" either.....im thinkin the results would be the same

Black_Magic
11-17-2004, 08:10 AM
yawn... You know the conversation has worn thin when someone starts quoting themselves. So who is this "others" anyway? A satement I would expect from someone who realizes the other person is right. Look .. whats good for the goose is good for the gander. If you dont like to take it then dont dish it out is the only point I was making. Is that not a good rule to live by??? im sure your rational people and have to agree with that statement. IF you dont like someone doing it then dont do it your self. if you do people remember and mention it to you when you turn hypocritical..

strata_0
11-17-2004, 09:23 AM
Sounds like Sweetwater is more worried about Snyder than Cooper!!!!!!

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Your way wrong on that one Strata

Phantom Stang
11-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Strata, read the entire thread.

BTW what 3a team do you support?

mustang04
11-17-2004, 02:16 PM
all i know is, i cant wait for the game friday night!

when we first played lubbock cooper, they beat us, thats it end of story, but see when they beat us, most of our skill players and good defensive players were sophmores playing in their first varsity game, but now i believe those players have matured immensly and this is why i believe the outcome will be different:)

Stangster
11-17-2004, 02:25 PM
A satement I would expect from someone who realizes the other person is right. Look .. whats good for the goose is good for the gander. If you dont like to take it then dont dish it out is the only point I was making. Is that not a good rule to live by??? im sure your rational people and have to agree with that statement. IF you dont like someone doing it then dont do it your self. if you do people remember and mention it to you when you turn hypocritical..

Only you would take a yawn as agreement. I just grow weary of the mindless repetition, repeating something over and over doesn't make it true. You haven't made your argument, but just keep pretending you have...maybe you'll sleep better.

By the way, I don't think I have ever make a "satement."