PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. Zapata

Pages : [1] 2 3

sinton66
11-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Zapata has improved a bunch since last year. However after doing my differential analisys, I'm taking Sinton by 13.

District303aPastPlayer
11-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Ill give sinton the extra point. . . and say Sinton by 2TDs +

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2004, 11:42 AM
thats about right amount Sinton should score around 30+ and Zapata around 20

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Sinton 34 Zapata 20

sinton66
11-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Ill give sinton the extra point. . . and say Sinton by 2TDs +

Hope you're right. Jacks HAS improved a bunch from the start of the season. My predict is on analysis of numbers only. Just the facts, nothing but the facts.:D

Titans
11-13-2004, 12:21 PM
I thought Zapata lost last night?

Guess not, huh?

In that case, I'll pick Sinton.

sinton66
11-13-2004, 12:22 PM
They squeezed out a 20-14 victory over La Feria last night. Lord, if you're listening, we want BUC!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2004, 12:23 PM
They were losing 14-0 but came back late and won it with a few secs left.

sinton66
11-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Yay Buc, Boo Cabiness.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Buc stadium? date/time?

SinTon_Boi_32
11-13-2004, 12:29 PM
Sinton-42,Zapata-20....I dont think Zapata has faced a high powered O like Sinton before

Phil C
11-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Buc Stadium! The one I wish they didn't have to play at. Sorry parking. And what is available is probably going to cost at least $5. Bad luck! But I guess it is better than going to Laredo.:(

footballgal
11-13-2004, 12:45 PM
I think Sinton wil take this one
Sinton by 10+

Highschoolfan78
11-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Sinton by 20 or more...Zapata maybe undefeated, but it sounded like they played sloppy first round...

pirate4state
11-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yay Buc, Boo Cabiness. Sorry '66 ... we're playing at Cabiness, Friday nite @ 7:30pm. Be there or be square!! :D

sinton66
11-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Buc stadium? date/time?

Nah, just pulling for my favorite. I'd rather play in Sinton than Cabiness. Our stadium is better.

pakrat
11-13-2004, 01:38 PM
I pick Sinton. They got some fans I want to see happy next Saturday.:D

sinton66
11-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Sinton by 20 or more...Zapata maybe undefeated, but it sounded like they played sloppy first round...

Zapata and La Feria have met in this round the last four years in a row. They've all been close and both teams are now 2-2 over the span. LaFeria took the first two, and Zapata has now taken the last two. I don't think it had much to do with sloppiness, however, I wasn't there to know for sure.

sinfan75
11-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Sinton 42-14! Pirates passin game lookin real good right. Daniel was kinda misfirin at the start last night but once he settled down he was dead on.

sinfan75
11-13-2004, 02:03 PM
7:30 Friday huh? Good that means I can have my pre-game beers this time.

PhiI C
11-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Hey Pirate is it located near the baseball fields there?

sinton66
11-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Yes, Phil, it's in the same area.

PhiI C
11-13-2004, 10:54 PM
I have decided to wait until Monday night to make predictions.

sinton66
11-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Aw, come on Phil, one more day won't make much difference.:D

sinton66
11-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Phil, if you were referring to the Cabiness baseball field, the football field is across the street from there.

Old Green
11-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sorry '66 ... we're playing at Cabiness, Friday nite @ 7:30pm. Be there or be square!! :D I think I will attend this game.

District303aPastPlayer
11-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
I think I will attend this game.

good lookin out :) we shall have multiple cities represented. . . i know there are some hawk posters... so we may just have 4 cities there... sinton, ingleside, zapata,and now cuero :)

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-14-2004, 03:10 PM
I would want to meet some people from here live at the game. I play with the Band, but we get the third quarter off to mingle with the crowd.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 03:19 PM
i'll say Sinton by 14, but i wouldnt not be suprised if Zapata were able to pull off the upset.

A.J.
11-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Zapata played a good game defensively and had two standout performances by starting defenders playing on offense. #33 Chris Martinez and #7 Joey Garcia both defensive stars came through in grand fashion this past Friday. Martinez ran in for two touchdowns including the game winner with only :18 seconds left to go in the game. Garcia set up Martinez with what very well may be the greatest catch in the history of Zapata Hawks football. This game was unlike any other this season.

La Feria had a great defense and managed to keep a 98 yard drive from producing any points to end the first half. They were fast and kept the offense off balanced. But as usually happens the better team won and the Hawks survived an off night from starting QB Lando Martinez, who finished the game with 1 TD and 2 ints. Next week the Hawks will have to get "Showtime" rolling against the very tough Sinton Pirates.

This team has managed wins when the ball wasn't rolling there way. This team still remembers the lead we had last year against Sinton going into half-time and then the utter collapse in the second half. This year the Hawks will be ready for the Pirates. This is going to be one hell of a game ladies and gentlemen. Look out Pirates because Zapata travels very well. Our team and our fans feed off of each other and when we get rolling we are hard to beat. I hope that this game can be officiated with some sort of neutrality that the Hawks have not seen all season long. But even if we can't we WILL find a way to win this game. Too long has Sinton haunted our memories of last season. Beware of the Juice!!!! and Orale Chief!!!!!

footballgal
11-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by A.J.
Zapata played a good game defensively and had two standout performances by starting defenders playing on offense. #33 Chris Martinez and #7 Joey Garcia both defensive stars came through in grand fashion this past Friday. Martinez ran in for two touchdowns including the game winner with only :18 seconds left to go in the game. Garcia set up Martinez with what very well may be the greatest catch in the history of Zapata Hawks football. This game was unlike any other this season.

La Feria had a great defense and managed to keep a 98 yard drive from producing any points to end the first half. They were fast and kept the offense off balanced. But as usually happens the better team won and the Hawks survived an off night from starting QB Lando Martinez, who finished the game with 1 TD and 2 ints. Next week the Hawks will have to get "Showtime" rolling against the very tough Sinton Pirates.

This team has managed wins when the ball wasn't rolling there way. This team still remembers the lead we had last year against Sinton going into half-time and then the utter collapse in the second half. This year the Hawks will be ready for the Pirates. This is going to be one hell of a game ladies and gentlemen. Look out Pirates because Zapata travels very well. Our team and our fans feed off of each other and when we get rolling we are hard to beat. I hope that this game can be officiated with some sort of neutrality that the Hawks have not seen all season long. But even if we can't we WILL find a way to win this game. Too long has Sinton haunted our memories of last season. Beware of the Juice!!!! and Orale Chief!!!!!
La Feria's defense this year is really good, also the last two years, but their nemesis has been their offense, they havent been able to produce a good one lately. When they had the offense, they didn't have the defense, until they get both or close to it, they won't be going deep in the playoffs. But I doubt that your offsense had an off night, La Feria D was just good. They kept PI to only 15 points, way below their average.

Ranger354
11-14-2004, 04:18 PM
I think this will be another Big win for the Pirates.

I am thinking 42 to 14.

My prediction from the Sinton/CC game:

Sinton 53 Crystal City 14. Sinton is up 21 nothing at half time, but comes out like devil dogs in the third and goes crazy on them. CC doesn't score til late in the fourth quarter. I gave CC an extra TD just because I haven't seen them play.

I wasn't off by much was I. I didn't get to listen to the game since I was just too far north to get any reception. And the SA news only covered those teams close to them. Even though we played there the Sinton game was not talked about in the 10pm news.

I will be at the Zapata game and hope to meet some of you folks at Halftime when I take the young one for a walk to spell the wife.

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-14-2004, 04:22 PM
I just cant see zapata getting by in this one I say the Pirates by atleast 17

sinton66
11-14-2004, 04:28 PM
I think this will be another Big win for the Pirates.

I am thinking 42 to 14.

My prediction from the Sinton/CC game:

Sinton 53 Crystal City 14. Sinton is up 21 nothing at half time, but comes out like devil dogs in the third and goes crazy on them. CC doesn't score til late in the fourth quarter. I gave CC an extra TD just because I haven't seen them play.

I wasn't off by much was I. I didn't get to listen to the game since I was just too far north to get any reception. And the SA news only covered those teams close to them. Even though we played there the Sinton game was not talked about in the 10pm news.

I will be at the Zapata game and hope to meet some of you folks at Halftime when I take the young one for a walk to spell the wife.

CC went 5-5 on the year and finished 3rd place in their district. Zapata is a BI-District champ. Some difference there, don't yall think?

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 04:52 PM
CC went 5-5 on the year and finished 3rd place in their district. Zapata is a BI-District champ. Some difference there, don't yall think? i agree 66. i have seen both Sinton and Zapata play the Mustangs, and i dont know where all of this "Pirates are gonna dominate the Hawks" talk is coming from. i think these people in particular are going to be shocked w/ what Zapata brings to the field. they are NO slouches and shouldnt be taken too lightly...they have what it takes to upset the Pirates. WILL they? thats hard to say, the Sinton Pirates are an EXCELLENT team, but Zapata could very well be the dark horse this year in Reg. IV.

sinton66
11-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Sinton won't take them for granted, and will win this game. I'm just saying don't expect a blowout. Zapata wants to beat us in the worst way. Unfortunately they get us at home this time. Sinton may be off a bit in the first half again, might not. We'll see.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Sinton won't take them for granted, and will win this game. I'm just saying don't expect a blowout. Zapata wants to beat us in the worst way. Unfortunately they get us at home this time. Sinton may be off a bit in the first half again, might not. We'll see. i agree...dont expect a blowout.... some of these 52-12 predictions are a bit overboard....Zapata will not be dominated like that by Sinton.

gobblerfan02
11-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
i agree...dont expect a blowout.... some of these 52-12 predictions are a bit overboard....Zapata will not be dominated like that by Sinton.

I beg to differ, sinton will at least win by 20, and if not, i wanna be there if zapata is able to pull it off!:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I beg to differ, sinton will at least win by 20, and if not, i wanna be there if zapata is able to pull it off!:rolleyes: how can you guys that havent seen Zapata play this year be so quick to make a decision?? just because you know who Sinton is? Zapata will be no pushover...even against the Pirates...i ASSURE you. if both of these teams bring their A-games...this will be one to be talked about for AWHILE. if Sinton were to make it more than about a 14-17 point game...i'd be COMPLETELY shocked. best of luck to both teams, and you guys too gobbler!

sinfan75
11-14-2004, 06:10 PM
I know Zapata is better than a year ago. But you know what? So is Sinton. Sinton's D this year (IMO) is much better than a year ago. And the O is outstanding. Sorry Zapata. Pirates win 42-14!!

CS_WILDCATS
11-14-2004, 06:25 PM
You know one of the things that really impressed me about Sinton is how well they're coached. Talent aside I think the difference could come down to coaching. We all know that Zapata has talent and so does Sinton. I say that Sinton takes this one - not a blow out, but a good hard fought victory for the Pirates.

PhiI C
11-14-2004, 06:49 PM
We have to remember that Zapata also defeated the Howling Bear! That increases the risk.

sinfan75
11-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Last years score? Sinton 40 - Zapata 7. Both teams have pretty much the same teams as a year ago. But I went ahead and gave em an extra td. Pirates will bring their A game trust me.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
We have to remember that Zapata also defeated the Howling Bear! That increases the risk. LOL, Phil, youre awesome. :clap:

Ranger354
11-14-2004, 07:58 PM
how can you guys that havent seen Zapata play this year be so quick to make a decision?? just because you know who Sinton is? Zapata will be no pushover...even against the Pirates...i ASSURE you. if both of these teams bring their A-games...this will be one to be talked about for AWHILE. if Sinton were to make it more than about a 14-17 point game...i'd be COMPLETELY shocked. best of luck to both teams, and you guys too gobbler!

IHStangFan,

Not to rub salt in old wounds, but are you the same person that predicted Ingleside to beat Sinton? Although it was a tough game the score remained the same. I am very confident the Pirates will win this one big.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
IHStangFan,

Not to rub salt in old wounds, but are you the same person that predicted Ingleside to beat Sinton? Although it was a tough game the score remained the same. I am very confident the Pirates will win this one big. no, actually i said it would be a closer game than most thought, and that Ingleside would not be shut out.....and i was right.

Ranger354
11-14-2004, 08:34 PM
I am just trying to get your goat man!

I have been in the brush for the last couple of days watching the deer run. I made a rub on one of my oaks in the back yard!

Looking at the games each team has played like:
Sinton / OG and Zapata / OG
Sinton/ OSO and Zapata / OSO
Sinton / Ingleside and Zapata / Ingleside

I still think Sinton's D will give up a few bing plays like always, but they still take this game by at least 3 TDs. I just don't see Zapata slowing the Sinton offensive machine down.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 08:53 PM
I am just trying to get your goat man!

I have been in the brush for the last couple of days watching the deer run. I made a rub on one of my oaks in the back yard!

Looking at the games each team has played like:
Sinton / OG and Zapata / OG
Sinton/ OSO and Zapata / OSO
Sinton / Ingleside and Zapata / Ingleside

I still think Sinton's D will give up a few bing plays like always, but they still take this game by at least 3 TDs. I just don't see Zapata slowing the Sinton offensive machine down. you lucky sucker! ive only been hunting once this year so far! hows was it? any luck? as far as the game, Zapata is fairly stout on either side of the ball. we all know Sinton can score and score quick...but Zapata can too, and w/ the exception of Cuero and GP, they are bigger and faster than anyone else Sinton has played....believe me...ive SEEN them in action. i expect a great game...although...i know that Sinton is very likely to take it up a notch, after all, this IS the playoffs and they have alot of experience in the post-season. i figure Sinton takes this one...but it will be alot closer than most think.....i just dont see one of Sinton's typical 50-12 victories. i'd be willing to bet they will have to come from behind at the half to win this one. is see it kind of going down like this:

at the half: something like....

Zapata 28
Sinton 14

Final: Zapata 35
Sinton: 45

i think Zapata will keep Sinton w/in 17 points. in the end.

Ranger354
11-14-2004, 09:04 PM
We will see Friday night.

Sinton by 3.

3 TDs that is!

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 09:10 PM
We will see Friday night.

Sinton by 3.

3 TDs that is! hehehe. good luck to the Pirates...and ya know i'm pullin for em!! just dont think its gonna be a HUGE win...although..that'd suit me just fine!! 30-3A ALL THE WAY!!! WOOHOO!!

SintonFan
11-14-2004, 09:24 PM
The question is "Who is more improved from last year?"
Sinton has improved bunches, so has Zapata.
Talk from everyone in Zapata since before the season started has been, "We want Sinton again!"
Wow! If the Pirates motivated the Hawks to "up" their game that much then that's awesome! I noticed noone from Zapata talking any smack here. Sounds like their fans are pretty disciplined, too. This game will be closer than many believe and we should respect all our opponents. Zapata isn't skeered, they are just waiting for Friday.
Don't give an excellent team bulletin board material folks...

OldSkool1
11-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Sinton is bringing a different game then Zapata. Strength wins Sinton lots of games...the weight room is where Zapata willl be after this week and need to stay after this week. The word is PROGRAM here...Sinton has one Zapata isnt quite there yet...Im not giving any prediction here...I see no point but Zapata may play with Sinton if Sinton lets them play with them ...like they did against Goliad and Ingleside.. if they play sloppy with the mighty hawks look better than they really are...if we play the way we should have been playing since the begininng of district Zapata will be thinking of hoops in the 3rd quarter. Dont get it wrong lets not be ignorant ...you must have gone through this recent stint we have had here in Sinton of winning with these coaches. "TO UNDERSTAND THE PROGRAM YOU MUST HAVE GONE THROUGH THE PROGRAM" Trust me the players arent looking ahead but when they line up Friday they know that SINTON is on their chest!! '
HOLLA AT ME COACH

SintonFan
11-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by OldSkool1
Sinton is bringing a different game then Zapata. Strength wins Sinton lots of games...the weight room is where Zapata willl be after this week and need to stay after this week. The word is PROGRAM here...Sinton has one Zapata isnt quite there yet...Im not giving any prediction here...I see no point but Zapata may play with Sinton if Sinton lets them play with them ...like they did against Goliad and Ingleside.. if they play sloppy with the mighty hawks look better than they really are...if we play the way we should have been playing since the begininng of district Zapata will be thinking of hoops in the 3rd quarter. Dont get it wrong lets not be ignorant ...you must have gone through this recent stint we have had here in Sinton of winning with these coaches. "TO UNDERSTAND THE PROGRAM YOU MUST HAVE GONE THROUGH THE PROGRAM" Trust me the players arent looking ahead but when they line up Friday they know that SINTON is on their chest!! '
HOLLA AT ME COACH
Are you talking about COACHCOACH?

District303aPastPlayer
11-14-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Last years score? Sinton 40 - Zapata 7. Both teams have pretty much the same teams as a year ago. But I went ahead and gave em an extra td. Pirates will bring their A game trust me.

Sintons team is basically the same. On offense. . . they lost one senior, and he was a rotating reciever. sintons offense has about 5-8 all district and maybe all SoTex selections... their D is rediculous. . . so im gonna go with a 12 point win

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Actually, don't count us out yet.
The embarassing 40-6 loss to Sinton last year shook our program, and they've been getting ready all summer for this. Their motivation for their whole season was beating Sinton.

This is not the same team from last year. Opponents that last year beat us or kept the game close were getting blown-out. The Hawk Offense was playing sloppy football last week against La Feria.

The ZHS football program has made a comeback since its 0-10 season, and we want to exact some revenge on someone.

I'll give Sinton the win, from a non-bias fan view. But it won't be huge and it won't be the blowout people expect. Team Bulletin Board Material? Laredo Cigarroa provided that for the Hawks before the game.

They won the game 40-6 and left 4 players injured for the rest of the season.

PS. You guys better watch me perform on Friday. I'm with the band. Fat, Short, Mallet percussionist....

Go Hawk Band.

PhiI C
11-14-2004, 11:43 PM
We will watch out for you Hawk! Maybe we can see you after the game if there is time. I am the old guy wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap.

sinpirate
11-14-2004, 11:59 PM
I don't go by the facts Sinton66, I go on intuition. My Pirates by 20+. By the way Phil C, what are you waiting for? Let's have your prediction.

gobblerfan02
11-15-2004, 12:05 AM
how can you guys that havent seen Zapata play this year be so quick to make a decision?? just because you know who Sinton is? Zapata will be no pushover...even against the Pirates...i ASSURE you. if both of these teams bring their A-games...this will be one to be talked about for AWHILE. if Sinton were to make it more than about a 14-17 point game...i'd be COMPLETELY shocked. best of luck to both teams, and you guys too gobbler!

Thanks IH fan, you're right, I haven't seen zapata play at all, just hear things, but have seen sinton, and just looking @ the strength of schedules, Ill hafta give this one to sinton. I was also just returning the love to all the sinton fans who have rooted for cuero the past couple of weeks. Go pirates!

GreenMonster
11-15-2004, 03:25 AM
recent

sinton fan04
11-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanks gobblerfan02, I think stangfan wants us to lose, well its not gonna happen. Where did you get your pridictions that zapata will have 21 28 at the half. Two of the best teams in the state weren't even that high in the half. Yes some of us haven't seen zapata play but if their as good as cuero which i doubt, they will not be able to put those kinda points.

pirate44
11-15-2004, 08:29 AM
I dont know if this question has been answered, but does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Thanks gobblerfan02, I think stangfan wants us to lose, well its not gonna happen. Where did you get your pridictions that zapata will have 21 28 at the half. Two of the best teams in the state weren't even that high in the half. Yes some of us haven't seen zapata play but if their as good as cuero which i doubt, they will not be able to put those kinda points. want you to lose? no. wondering how some of you guys can be so arrogant and self-assured when youve never even seen this other team play....yes....ive seen BOTH teams play...yet...i somehow come off silly or uninformed in most Sinton fan's opinion?? its funny w/ some of you people....when someone doesnt agree w/ you or says something you dont like....a few of you seem to fly off the handle w/ this blind "Sinton is unbeatable and you are an idiot for saying anything otherwise" attitude.....REALITY CHECK! Cuero has proven that they are beatable by another 3A team this year....

A.J.
11-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Its great seeing all this talk on here. This is probably more coverage than we've received all year long. Our team isn't shown the love that Sinton has been and it gets to us. So yes, we have something to prove. Yes, we have a chip on our shoulder. Yes, we have prepared for this game all year. Yes, we WILL be ready for this Friday's game.

All that being said, this is gonna be one hell of a football game. If you are in the area stop by and watch this 3a battle.

pirate44
11-15-2004, 08:48 AM
want you to lose? no. wondering how some of you guys can be so arrogant and self-assured when youve never even seen this other team play....yes....ive seen BOTH teams play...yet...i somehow come off silly or uninformed in most Sinton fan's opinion?? its funny w/ some of you people....when someone doesnt agree w/ you or says something you dont like....a few of you seem to fly off the handle w/ this blind "Sinton is unbeatable and you are an idiot for saying anything otherwise" attitude.....REALITY CHECK! Cuero has proven that they are beatable by another 3A team this year....
Even though some fans (for all towns) can get a little overzealous at times, i think that last post by sintonfan04 was warrented. He came with facts. I think that allot of people are looking at Zapata's schedule versus Sinton's schedule when it comes to being so confident. Other than GP, Sinton has outscored everyone they have played in the second half, including Cuero. I'm not sure by how much, but i think Sinton will win, just like most people on here.

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 09:36 AM

Well then be prepared to be shocked again! :eek:

Phil C
11-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Calm down now my people. I have meant IHS and he is just being conservative. He is a nice person and does support the Sinton Pirates except when they play Ingleside just like we support Ingleside. So let's settle down and not start up a lot of hard feelings especially when we are all on the same side and will not be playing each other in the playoffs. I know you will all do this. You wouldn't want to get the GodFather upset now would you? :mad:

;)

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
Even though some fans (for all towns) can get a little overzealous at times, i think that last post by sintonfan04 was warrented. He came with facts. I think that allot of people are looking at Zapata's schedule versus Sinton's schedule when it comes to being so confident. Other than GP, Sinton has outscored everyone they have played in the second half, including Cuero. I'm not sure by how much, but i think Sinton will win, just like most people on here. i too figure they will win...but by 30+ points like some of these guys seem to think??? the only teams they have beaten by margins such as that are West Oso (lost 1st round), Aransas Pass(not a playoff team), Taft (0-10 2A team) Mathis (not a playoff team) and Crystal City (first playoff app. in 51 yrs) that doesnt exactly constitute a tough schedule. and if i were to use the logic ive been seeing around here latey...the "well they beat them, so we should bet them by WAY more" logic.... Zapata beat us 51-22, Sinton only beat us 45-20. So where are you guys getting that Sinton will beat Zapata by 30+??? i'm confused i guess.

Phil C
11-15-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey Pirate 44 are y ou going to be able to make the game Friday night when Sinton plays Zapata? I saw where the Hogs in Kingsville won and advanced too! :)

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Calm down now my people. I have meant IHS and he is just being conservative. He is a nice person and does support the Sinton Pirates except when they play Ingleside just like we support Ingleside. So let's settle down and not start up a lot of hard feelings especially when we are all on the same side and will not be playing each other in the playoffs. I know you will all do this. You wouldn't want to get the GodFather upset now would you? :mad:

;) thanks Phil....you have class my friend.

pirate44
11-15-2004, 09:44 AM
i too figure they will win...but by 30+ points like some of these guys seem to think??? the only teams they have beaten by margins such as that are West Oso (lost 1st round), Aransas Pass(not a playoff team), Taft (0-10 2A team) Mathis (not a playoff team) and Crystal City (first playoff app. in 51 yrs) that doesnt exactly constitute a tough schedule. and if i were to use the logic ive been seeing around here latey...the "well they beat them, so we should bet them by WAY more" logic.... Zapata beat us 51-22, Sinton only beat us 45-20. So where are you guys getting that Sinton will beat Zapata by 30+??? i'm confused i guess.
All true IHStangFan, but without those predictions, it would be an awful boring thread. :D

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 09:49 AM
All true IHStangFan, but without those predictions, it would be an awful boring thread. :D yeah true Phil...but it just seems sometimes that when you disagree w/ the majority of the Sinton posters....they become somewhat hostile. i'm sorry that i feel Sinton isnt going to dominate Zapata....but thats just based on what ive seen from both teams. Sinton is the fav. and probably will pull off the win...i'd even say by as much as 17 points or so if they bring their A game....but 30+ points over Zapata....in MY opinion....is just absurd. but then again...thats only MY opinion..and thats ALL it is...but i still dont feel that i should be ridaculed for my opinion...i'm entitled to have one.

pirate44
11-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Hey Pirate 44 are y ou going to be able to make the game Friday night when Sinton plays Zapata? I saw where the Hogs in Kingsville won and advanced too! :)
you bet, Phil. Hope to see you there. I just wish Sinton could put these games away before the first half. Since my boy has to go home at halftime, i miss the best parts of these games.
I heard as long as the Hoggies are in the playoffs, noone can use their field for high school games. i was really hoping Sinton could play there. But if a&i can bring home a national title, it dont bother me. by the way, your son is a nice young man. very courteous. You must be proud of him.

SINTON81
11-15-2004, 09:54 AM
I will go with Sinton by 14. What worries me is our injuries on defense. Can someone in the know P.M. and let me know how these guy are.

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 09:55 AM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

pirate44
11-15-2004, 09:56 AM
yeah true Phil...but it just seems sometimes that when you disagree w/ the majority of the Sinton posters....they become somewhat hostile. i'm sorry that i feel Sinton isnt going to dominate Zapata....but thats just based on what ive seen from both teams. Sinton is the fav. and probably will pull off the win...i'd even say by as much as 17 points or so if they bring their A game....but 30+ points over Zapata....in MY opinion....is just absurd. but then again...thats only MY opinion..and thats ALL it is...but i still dont feel that i should be ridaculed for my opinion...i'm entitled to have one.
Yeah, i think its strange for someone to ridicule someones prediciton on this game. It's not as if either of these teams struggled to get into the playoffs

SINTON81
11-15-2004, 09:59 AM
yeah true Phil...but it just seems sometimes that when you disagree w/ the majority of the Sinton posters....they become somewhat hostile. i'm sorry that i feel Sinton isnt going to dominate Zapata....but thats just based on what ive seen from both teams. Sinton is the fav. and probably will pull off the win...i'd even say by as much as 17 points or so if they bring their A game....but 30+ points over Zapata....in MY opinion....is just absurd. but then again...thats only MY opinion..and thats ALL it is...but i still dont feel that i should be ridaculed for my opinion...i'm entitled to have one.

Well you are not entitled to your opinion if you don’t think Sinton will blow them out.:D :D :)

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Yeah, i think its strange for someone to ridicule someones prediciton on this game. It's not as if either of these teams struggled to get into the playoffs very true, i'm not ridaculing any predictions...just trying to understand the logic in some of them. i recall one of the Sinton posters earlier this year trying to get me to justify my IHS/Sinton prediction...he kept asking me "based on what?" so to the guys predicting a 30+ spread between Sinton and Zapata...i say "based on what?" last years score?? this is 2004, not 2003. just trying to understand here, thats all 44. ive only seen a couple of you guys predict a close game. everyone else is calling for the blowout?? do YOU really think its gonna be a blowout??

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Well you are not entitled to your opinion if you don’t think Sinton will blow them out.:D :D :) LOL...awe!! come on ....PLEASE?! ;)

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 10:03 AM

Like you said "but 30+ points over Zapata....in MY opinion....is just absurd. but then again...thats only MY opinion"

You've told us your opinion again and again and again. Move on and quit whining!

pirate44
11-15-2004, 10:12 AM
very true, i'm not ridaculing any predictions...just trying to understand the logic in some of them. i recall one of the Sinton posters earlier this year trying to get me to justify my IHS/Sinton prediction...he kept asking me "based on what?" so to the guys predicting a 30+ spread between Sinton and Zapata...i say "based on what?" last years score?? this is 2004, not 2003. just trying to understand here, thats all 44. ive only seen a couple of you guys predict a close game. everyone else is calling for the blowout?? do YOU really think its gonna be a blowout??
im only agreeing with you here IHS

pirate44
11-15-2004, 10:15 AM
by the way, Sinton by 80
jk:D

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 10:28 AM
by the way, Sinton by 80
jk:D :tongue: :D can i get that in writing, and can we bet your house a pickup...cause i'd take that bet!

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Like you said "but 30+ points over Zapata....in MY opinion....is just absurd. but then again...thats only MY opinion"

You've told us your opinion again and again and again. Move on and quit whining! hi 94, i've missed you too. :rolleyes:

pirate44
11-15-2004, 10:34 AM
:tongue: :D can i get that in writing, and can we bet your house a pickup...cause i'd take that bet!
i checked in with the boss, and she says "no-go" on the bet.

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 10:47 AM
i agree 66. i have seen both Sinton and Zapata play the Mustangs, and i dont know where all of this "Pirates are gonna dominate the Hawks" talk is coming from. i think these people in particular are going to be shocked w/ what Zapata brings to the field. they are NO slouches and shouldnt be taken too lightly...they have what it takes to upset the Pirates. WILL they? thats hard to say, the Sinton Pirates are an EXCELLENT team, but Zapata could very well be the dark horse this year in Reg. IV.

I understand you gotta give props to Zapata for being undefeated and getting to round 2 but to say that Zapata could pull this one off. How do you come to this conclusion? Still upset that Sinton and Zapata beat the Mustangs? Come on get over that already. Its you guys that need to be worried about PI, they are some bad dudes.

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
We have to remember that Zapata also defeated the Howling Bear! That increases the risk.

SHUTUP Already with this HOWLING BEAR!!!!
ITS OLD!!!!

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 11:01 AM
you lucky sucker! ive only been hunting once this year so far! hows was it? any luck? as far as the game, Zapata is fairly stout on either side of the ball. we all know Sinton can score and score quick...but Zapata can too, and w/ the exception of Cuero and GP, they are bigger and faster than anyone else Sinton has played....believe me...ive SEEN them in action. i expect a great game...although...i know that Sinton is very likely to take it up a notch, after all, this IS the playoffs and they have alot of experience in the post-season. i figure Sinton takes this one...but it will be alot closer than most think.....i just dont see one of Sinton's typical 50-12 victories. i'd be willing to bet they will have to come from behind at the half to win this one. is see it kind of going down like this:

at the half: something like....

Zapata 28
Sinton 14

Final: Zapata 35
Sinton: 45

i think Zapata will keep Sinton w/in 17 points. in the end.

You may be right IHFan, but who really cares. All that really matters is that you get to the next round at this stage of the year.

COACHCOACH
11-15-2004, 11:02 AM
HOLLA AT ME COACH

Ok. OK. Everybody calm down. Well now that the C.C. game is over it's time to move on to the might hawks.............I'm a little upset that the game is being played at Cabiness but thats Corpus' fault for lack of facilities. Basically I don't want to get in to a big discussion with all you nice people about this one but yes Sinton will win and win big. If you think otherwise quit comparing stats and looking at records and schedules and all that nonsense. Just keep it in simple perspective. It's SINTON vs. Zapata. Sinton WILL win big just like they did this past week. All that hoopla about C.C. bringing a big crowd and being hungry to be in the playoffs?......Look what that got them. It's playoff time that means the pretenders go home. You can't sneak by here. Zapata managed to sneak by in a barn burner against Perrenial State Football Powerhouse La Feria, but unfortunately they'll face a little stiffer competition this week. Nice to hear from you OLDSKOOL1, it's nice to hear somebody that understands whats REALLY going on. "To understand the program you must have gone through the program". Sorry but Sinton wins big.

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy

PS. You guys better watch me perform on Friday. I'm with the band. Fat, Short, Mallet percussionist....

Go Hawk Band.

This funny but Phil C's response is even funnier.

"We will watch out for you Hawk! Maybe we can see you after the game if there is time. I am the old guy wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap."

Holy Cow!!! LMAO!

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 11:05 AM
All true IHStangFan, but without those predictions, it would be an awful boring thread. :D

True Dat!!

COACHCOACH
11-15-2004, 11:05 AM
very true, i'm not ridaculing any predictions...just trying to understand the logic in some of them. i recall one of the Sinton posters earlier this year trying to get me to justify my IHS/Sinton prediction...he kept asking me "based on what?" so to the guys predicting a 30+ spread between Sinton and Zapata...i say "based on what?" last years score?? this is 2004, not 2003. just trying to understand here, thats all 44. ive only seen a couple of you guys predict a close game. everyone else is calling for the blowout?? do YOU really think its gonna be a blowout??

"BASED ON WHAT?"...................Well plain and simple........We are SINTON and they are Zapata. That is why we will always beat teams like that. In the back of their minds they know who they're playing. SINTON has that effect on people. Ask anyone in the district. Sorry thats just the way it is.

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
This funny but Phil C's response is even funnier.

"We will watch out for you Hawk! Maybe we can see you after the game if there is time. I am the old guy wearing the black San Antonio Spurs cap."

Holy Cow!!! LMAO!

Still LMAO!

pirate4state
11-15-2004, 11:22 AM
I dont know if this question has been answered, but does anyone know when tickets go on sale? Morning! :) Tickets go on sale tomorrow, 11/16 and are all general admission.

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by COACHCOACH
Ok. OK. Everybody calm down. Well now that the C.C. game is over it's time to move on to the might hawks.............I'm a little upset that the game is being played at Cabiness but thats Corpus' fault for lack of facilities. Basically I don't want to get in to a big discussion with all you nice people about this one but yes Sinton will win and win big. If you think otherwise quit comparing stats and looking at records and schedules and all that nonsense. Just keep it in simple perspective. It's SINTON vs. Zapata. Sinton WILL win big just like they did this past week. All that hoopla about C.C. bringing a big crowd and being hungry to be in the playoffs?......Look what that got them. It's playoff time that means the pretenders go home. You can't sneak by here. Zapata managed to sneak by in a barn burner against Perrenial State Football Powerhouse La Feria, but unfortunately they'll face a little stiffer competition this week. Nice to hear from you OLDSKOOL1, it's nice to hear somebody that understands whats REALLY going on. "To understand the program you must have gone through the program". Sorry but Sinton wins big.

DITTO:D :D

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 11:38 AM
i checked in with the boss, and she says "no-go" on the bet. hehehe...dangit! thought i was gonna get me a pickup and a nice spread over in Sinton! :p

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 11:39 AM
:tongue: :D can i get that in writing, and can we bet your house a pickup...cause i'd take that bet!

Didn't think you took bets!:confused:

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Is there a thread for the ingleside/PI game? If not someone please post one and quick! I have about 299 opinions I need to post about that game!:D

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Is there a thread for the ingleside/PI game? If not someone please post one and quick! I have about 299 opinions I need to post about that game!:D where ya been man.....its there...and theres several pages! hurry man..i'm SO anxious to hear what you have to say!!

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 11:45 AM
where ya been man.....its there...and theres several pages! hurry man..i'm SO anxious to hear what you have to say!!

Save me the trouble! What's your prediction on your game?:thinking:

pirate44
11-15-2004, 11:46 AM
hehehe...dangit! thought i was gonna get me a pickup and a nice spread over in Sinton! :p
you wouldnt want my house. you can hear all the announcing and band playing at the sinton games.:)

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 11:51 AM
you wouldnt want my house. you can hear all the announcing and band playing at the sinton games.:) LOL...i had a friend that lived over by the school as well.

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Save me the trouble! What's your prediction on your game?:thinking: i think the two teams are going to match up well, i keep hearing about P.I.'s D, and i know what our O is capible of when they are firing on all 8 cylinders. i think it'll be a close, hard fought game w/ the winner being the team who makes the least mistakes/penalties.

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 11:54 AM
i think the two teams are going to match up well, i keep hearing about P.I.'s D, and i know what our O is capible of when they are firing on all 8 cylinders. i think it'll be a close, hard fought game w/ the winner being the team who makes the least mistakes/penalties.

SCORE?

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 11:55 AM
SCORE? yeah, i'm sure both teams will

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 11:56 AM
yeah, i'm sure both teams will

Just has I figured!:rolleyes:

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 11:58 AM
yeah, i'm sure both teams will

DO YOU THINK INGLESDIE WILL SCORE MORE?

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Just has I figured!:rolleyes: i know to you it sounds silly...but its hard to predict a score of a game w/ a team i've never seen play this year....i know i know..you guys have no problem doing that...but i cant say for sure. do i have confidence in the Mustangs going into this game...yes, do i think they are absolutely going to win this one....no, because...again, i know P.I. is supposed to be good..and i havent seen them in action. if you want me to just pull a score outa my butt....i can try that too.

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 12:04 PM
i know to you it sounds silly...but its hard to predict a score of a game w/ a team i've never seen play this year....i know i know..you guys have no problem doing that...but i cant say for sure. do i have confidence in the Mustangs going into this game...yes, do i think they are absolutely going to win this one....no, because...again, i know P.I. is supposed to be good..and i havent seen them in action. if you want me to just pull a score outa my butt....i can try that too.

No it's ok.....just keep pulling them out for the Sinton games! It keeps us entertained!

gobblerfan02
11-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Zapata managed to sneak by in a barn burner against Perrenial State Football Powerhouse La Feria, but unfortunately they'll face a little stiffer competition this week. Nice to hear from you OLDSKOOL1, it's nice to hear somebody that understands whats REALLY going on. "To understand the program you must have gone through the program". Sorry but Sinton wins big.

OK, sorry coachcoach, I totally agree with you about sinton blowing zapata away, but la feria a "perrenial state football powerhouse"? Maybe you were being sarcastic and I didn't catch it, but when was la feria this so called powerhouse?

gobblerfan02
11-15-2004, 12:06 PM
O, and let's not turn this into a PI post, make another. I want to help the sinton fans out and support their team AMAP!

Phil C
11-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Cabiness has plenty of parking but I understand the stadium and field isn't too good. It is a shame considering that last year Zapata hosted us at that fabulous Laredo facility. Shame on us and Corpus Christi!

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-15-2004, 12:17 PM
If we could, we would host you guys in Hawk Stadium.
You would like our facilities. Better bleachers, big seating, lots of room.

I wish we were playing in Laredo, the SAC is just amazing.

As for Zapata being blown away, nope. This isn't CC or Mathis, we are far better than what we are given credit for.

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 12:18 PM
O, and let's not turn this into a PI post, make another. I want to help the sinton fans out and support their team AMAP!

Sorry........what was I thinking!

District303aPastPlayer
11-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Cabiness has plenty of parking but I understand the stadium and field isn't too good. It is a shame considering that last year Zapata hosted us at that fabulous Laredo facility. Shame on us and Corpus Christi!

See, there are 2 nice fields that certain wildcats play on. . . the calallen stadium is rediculously large. . but ill leave that at that. . .

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 12:20 PM
If we could, we would host you guys in Hawk Stadium.
You would like our facilities. Better bleachers, big seating, lots of room.

I wish we were playing in Laredo, the SAC is just amazing.

As for Zapata being blown away, nope. This isn't CC or Mathis, we are far better than what we are given credit for.

Thanks but no thanks on the Laredo offer!

And you right Zapata is no CC or Mathis or even Ingleside!

sinton fan04
11-15-2004, 12:31 PM
LMAO Sinton 94, IHSStangfan what do you mean on all 8 cylinders maybe a v-6 cause yall don't even have the torque for a straight 6.;)

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 12:56 PM
No it's ok.....just keep pulling them out for the Sinton games! It keeps us entertained! hey no problem..ive seen both of the teams play...so i figure i can make a prediction.

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 12:58 PM
LMAO Sinton 94, IHSStangfan what do you mean on all 8 cylinders maybe a v-6 cause yall don't even have the torque for a straight 6.;) :rolleyes: if i said these type of things i'd be ROMed for sure for "stirring the pot"

sinton fan04
11-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Like before its lunch time at work and i'm bored don't take it serious stangfan, but i do think were gonna win.

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2004, 01:37 PM
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/knock.gif

Hey P4S - Look what I finally figured out! I have been fighting with this all morning. I wanted to put a bunch of "fancy" stuff in this post, but it took me forever just to get the one in. Think I am going to have to practice (alot)!

Congrats to Sinton on the win! I am seriously thinking I might try to make the Sinton/Zapata game since it will be so close to home. May need some directions from you since I can't even remember the last time I have been to Cabiness Field.

Thanks again for your help with these cool smiles .... I will get better, promise!

District303aPastPlayer
11-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/knock.gif

Hey P4S - Look what I finally figured out! I have been fighting with this all morning. I wanted to put a bunch of "fancy" stuff in this post, but it took me forever just to get the one in. Think I am going to have to practice (alot)!

Congrats to Sinton on the win! I am seriously thinking I might try to make the Sinton/Zapata game since it will be so close to home. May need some directions from you since I can't even remember the last time I have been to Cabiness Field.

Thanks again for your help with these cool smiles .... I will get better, promise!

its on saratoga. . . between ayers and kostoryz... across the street from bishop garriga middle school and CC Academy. . if you exit gollihar from the crosstown, take ayers to saratoga, make a left, you cant miss it. . .

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2004, 01:42 PM
its on saratoga. . . between ayers and kostoryz... across the street from bishop garriga middle school and CC Academy. . if you exit gollihar from the crosstown, take ayers to saratoga, make a left, you cant miss it. . .

Gotcha ... Thanks!:D

District303aPastPlayer
11-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Gotcha ... Thanks!:D

now you have no excuse, and no worries this week... ill be sitting, so you dont have to worry about a miscued jump :p

another alert. . . girls everywhere

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2004, 01:54 PM
now you have no excuse, and no worries this week... ill be sitting, so you dont have to worry about a miscued jump :p

another alert. . . girls everywhere

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the warning....is the stadium fairly large? Standing for 4 qtrs isn't alot of fun!:weeping:

District303aPastPlayer
11-15-2004, 01:56 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the warning....is the stadium fairly large? Standing for 4 qtrs isn't alot of fun!:weeping:
nope. . . roughly the size of sintons, i may be wrong though

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Okay, this will be me cheering...........if I am lucky enough to get a seat.http://www.kit.netpoets.net/standovation.gif

District303aPastPlayer
11-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Okay, this will be me cheering...........if I am lucky enough to get a seat.http://www.kit.netpoets.net/standovation.gif

you are having too much fun here now. . .

Tidal Wave
11-15-2004, 02:04 PM
Sorry but Sinton will take this one:rolleyes:

Sinton 28
Zapata 14

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2004, 02:10 PM
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/swoosh.gif

This is fun! I am just too slow and can't figure out how to attach more than one image in a post! Bet your cousin will be able to straighten me out! :D

COACHCOACH
11-15-2004, 02:13 PM
CC went 5-5 on the year and finished 3rd place in their district. Zapata is a BI-District champ. Some difference there, don't yall think?

Nope, no difference at all. They're the same type of team. Weak district, weak areas, weak football. Plain and simple.

COACHCOACH
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
want you to lose? no. wondering how some of you guys can be so arrogant and self-assured when youve never even seen this other team play....yes....ive seen BOTH teams play...yet...i somehow come off silly or uninformed in most Sinton fan's opinion?? its funny w/ some of you people....when someone doesnt agree w/ you or says something you dont like....a few of you seem to fly off the handle w/ this blind "Sinton is unbeatable and you are an idiot for saying anything otherwise" attitude.....REALITY CHECK! Cuero has proven that they are beatable by another 3A team this year....

It's not that they are unbeatable, just unbeatable by subpar programs.

Tidal Wave
11-15-2004, 02:25 PM
REALITY CHECK!!! Sinton is gonna win!!:D

COACHCOACH
11-15-2004, 02:27 PM
OK, sorry coachcoach, I totally agree with you about sinton blowing zapata away, but la feria a "perrenial state football powerhouse"? Maybe you were being sarcastic and I didn't catch it, but when was la feria this so called powerhouse?

YES I definetly was being super sarcastic. Thank you for noticing!!!!!! You like that huh!

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
REALITY CHECK!!! Sinton is gonna win!!:D agreed....all i was saying is that they arent going to win by 30+ i doubt they even win by 20 points.... it'll be alot closer than that i think. i'll give Sinton 17 on Zapata.

COACHCOACH
11-15-2004, 02:29 PM

Sorry, to us you are CC or Mathis. You'll see.

pirate4state
11-15-2004, 02:30 PM
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/swoosh.gif

This is fun! I am just too slow and can't figure out how to attach more than one image in a post! Bet your cousin will be able to straighten me out! :D You're not too slow, it just takes time to http://www.kit.netpoets.net/kit-juggle.gif 2 browser windows, copy & paste and then think of something witty to post along w/ cool smilies!! :D I have complete faith that you will be a master by the Christmas!! :thumbsup:

:clap: Congrats on your first steps!! :clap: :D

Hope you can make the game Friday night!

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state Hope you can make the game Friday night! [/B]

Thanks P4S! Think I will just try to skip on over to Corpus Friday evening!http://www.kit.netpoets.net/skip.gif

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 03:46 PM
2nd Half is Pirate Half!!

Ranger354
11-15-2004, 04:39 PM
agreed....all i was saying is that they arent going to win by 30+ i doubt they even win by 20 points.... it'll be alot closer than that i think. i'll give Sinton 17 on Zapata.

IHStangFan,

I get my picks out of a hat. There is no reasoning behind any of it. I wrote down some numbers threw them in a hat and picked two. Course I had to throw out numbers like 71 and 23 and 49, becasue they just don't come up much on the score board. Even 8 and 5 got tossed!

BTW, took and 8pt this morning.

Sinton94
11-15-2004, 05:42 PM
agreed....all i was saying is that they arent going to win by 30+ i doubt they even win by 20 points.... it'll be alot closer than that i think.

i'll give Sinton 17 on Zapata.

Thanks, your too kind! Hopefully we wont need them though, but it's the thought that counts. :D

BrahmaMom
11-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Good luck, Pirates!

sinton66
11-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks, Brahma Mom, good luck to the Brahmas too.

GreenGobbla
11-15-2004, 09:04 PM
sinton wins this is a close one 35-33

OldSkool1
11-15-2004, 09:10 PM
I liked that one COACH "THE LA FERIA JOKE" HAHA I couldnt even think of that one but with all do respect we both know about how the valley rolls ....I give credit to PI other than that ...Ha...Its like this Sinton/Cuero game was the same as the La Feria/Zapata game in what sense? I know it wasnt the speed on the field..bc there is a difference between the 4.6. 4.7 speed LF/Zapata bring. WOW!! and the speed Sinton/Cuero bring. Im sorry we arent being arrogrant IHS but truthful next week when we play Cuero its not gonna be like this but seriously you must not be ignorant.

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
sinton wins this is a close one 35-33

2nd Half is Pirate Half!

gobblerfan02
11-15-2004, 10:11 PM
2nd Half is Pirate Half!

2nd Half???....try 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter in this game!:D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:
Go pirates!

SintonFan
11-15-2004, 10:22 PM
agreed....all i was saying is that they arent going to win by 30+ i doubt they even win by 20 points.... it'll be alot closer than that i think. i'll give Sinton 17 on Zapata.
I too think this game will be close. Sinton had some injuries last week no one is talking about. You give the Pirates 17 points and that is more than fair seeing both teams. I haven't seen the Hawks but I bet they are pretty darn good.
You are not the only Ingleside(or other local team) fan who has seen Zapata...
Thoughts from others?

sinton66
11-15-2004, 10:25 PM
I liked that one COACH "THE LA FERIA JOKE" HAHA I couldnt even think of that one but with all do respect we both know about how the valley rolls ....I give credit to PI other than that ...Ha...Its like this Sinton/Cuero game was the same as the La Feria/Zapata game in what sense? I know it wasnt the speed on the field..bc there is a difference between the 4.6. 4.7 speed LF/Zapata bring. WOW!! and the speed Sinton/Cuero bring. Im sorry we arent being arrogrant IHS but truthful next week when we play Cuero its not gonna be like this but seriously you must not be ignorant.

I was talking about the intensity of the rivalry, not the speed of the game. Sheesh, rookies.

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Make no bones about it, regardless of who is faster or stronger, Zapata is playing their state championship this Friday. They are gonna play their hearts and guts out. The Pirates are gonna have to be prepared.

SintonFan
11-15-2004, 10:52 PM
I was talking about the intensity of the rivalry, not the speed of the game. Sheesh, rookies.
ROM EM!!!!!:D :p

SintonFan
11-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Make no bones about it, regardless of who is faster or stronger, Zapata is playing their state championship this Friday. They are gonna play their hearts and guts out. The Pirates are gonna have to be prepared.
Are their 2 GOFOR2's? Didn't you say Sinton would dominate?
:confused:

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-15-2004, 11:40 PM
COACHCOACH, you are given our team the perfect bulletin board material. Stop being a little arrogant arse and get off your high horse. You can lose, especially if you get overconfident.

The Hawks are going to give everything they have.

Please watch your language on here.~sinton66

PhiI C
11-16-2004, 12:21 AM
Ok I have been requested to give my prediction. Remember we can disagree without being disagreeable right IHS? :) I respect IHS's opinion and he is probably more qualified to perdict since he has seen both teams play. My apologies IHS but I am going to go a little bit against your prediction here and some of the other Sinton posters but it is meant in a friendly way. Sinton 35 Zapata 7.

sinton66
11-16-2004, 12:43 AM
Sounds good to me Phil. From your keyboard to God's ears!;)

Tidal Wave
11-16-2004, 12:46 AM
GOOOO SINTON PIRATES!!!Beat Zapata!!

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/ostrich.gifhttp://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/skelhit.gif

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2004, 02:32 AM
Last weeks game that most people that didnt see the game or maybe didnt hear it, was actually a close game like most games in the first half. It was 14-6 with 8 secs before pirates tack on another score to go into half 21-6.

Pirates weakness has been there kickoff coverage as they seem to give up some big runs early in almost every game getting the other team some confident. Dont think that has been fixed or will get fix during this season, but that i think has been the difference from Pirates dominating from the start.

First Half
Sinton 14
Zapata 7

Final
Sinton 41
Zapata 13

just like most games for the pirates they pull away in the second half.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 07:36 AM
IHStangFan,

I get my picks out of a hat. There is no reasoning behind any of it. I wrote down some numbers threw them in a hat and picked two. Course I had to throw out numbers like 71 and 23 and 49, becasue they just don't come up much on the score board. Even 8 and 5 got tossed!

BTW, took and 8pt this morning. you lucky dog!

and Phil....its not that we disagree....the diff. is that you do it w/ class as opposed to some of these other posters :cool:

Sinton94
11-16-2004, 08:27 AM
you lucky dog!

and Phil....its not that we disagree....the diff. is that you do it w/ class as opposed to some of these other posters :cool:

Still :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Still :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Exhibit A:

hey 94, ive already got a shadow...but if you need a friend...which i'm willing to bet you do...just ask man.

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 09:15 AM
COACHCOACH, you are given our team the perfect bulletin board material. Stop being a little arrogant arse and get off your high horse. You can lose, especially if you get overconfident.

I'm sorry that you refuse to accept the facts on how it's gonna be. I'm not really one who believes in the deep impact of "bulletin board material". Besides no matter what you put on that bulletin board it's not gonna make much of a difference. You'll always be a Hawks fan stuck in bi-district and area. Hey at least you're home for Thanksgiving each year. On the other hand look for the Sinton box score in the paper.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry that you refuse to accept the facts on how it's gonna be. I'm not really one who believes in the deep impact of "bulletin board material". Besides no matter what you put on that bulletin board it's not gonna make much of a difference. You'll always be a Hawks fan stuck in bi-district and area. Hey at least you're home for Thanksgiving each year. On the other hand look for the Sinton box score in the paper. no class at all...i cant believe the rest of the Sinton posters allow you to remain around and tarnish their image w/ your ramblings. you are a direct reflection of the town of Sinton and its fans.....remember that.

Sinton94
11-16-2004, 09:33 AM
you lucky dog!

HELLO…..disagreeing is exactly what it is! State your opinion and be prepared to have someone disagree.................without the sugar coating!

pirate44
11-16-2004, 09:42 AM
is it me, or is this week just crawling along? man, i wish it was Friday.

SINTON81
11-16-2004, 09:51 AM
is it me, or is this week just crawling along? man, i wish it was Friday.

It's moving sooooo sloooooooow.

Phil C
11-16-2004, 09:52 AM
no class at all...i cant believe the rest of the Sinton posters allow you to remain around and tarnish their image w/ your ramblings. you are a direct reflection of the town of Sinton and its fans.....remember that.

Hey IHS I even wonder if CoachCoach is really a Sinton fan or residence. In fact I wonder if he or she is really anti-Sinton. I know a lot of the Sinton posters but I don't know who heor she is and apparently he or she wants his or her identity kept secret. Me - it is the worst kept secret in town who I am.

Sinton94
11-16-2004, 09:52 AM
no class at all...i cant believe the rest of the Sinton posters allow you to remain around and tarnish their image w/ your ramblings. you are a direct reflection of the town of Sinton and its fans.....remember that.

It is very possible that coachcoach isn't even from Sinton, so I wouldn't take that as a reflection on Sinton. Thanks for protecting our image though!;)

Phil C
11-16-2004, 09:54 AM
My sentiments exactly 94.

SINTON81
11-16-2004, 10:00 AM
O.K. COACHCOACH come clean, where are you really from? Come on lets have it. Whats that you're hiding behind your back?:thinking: :thinking: :D :D

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Hmmmmm..... I have a few suggestions for him/her, however, none are very nice. Think I will refrain ... for the time being.:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Phil, 94, you guys may just be right, but w/ him posting as a Sinton fan, reguardless of where hes REALLY from....it still looks bad. i hope he ISNT from Sinton...i like MOST of yall ;) Phil and 66 are the wise older men that always keep the peace, 94 is the older brother that rubs knots on your head...... LOL.

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 11:25 AM

I know that it makes your blood boil to hear my "ramblings". What makes it worse for you is that all these confident ramblings are supported by years and years of dominance over the rest of the mediocre programs in our district. That is why you choose to complain, because everything on the playing fields speaks for itself. The reason I am confident is because you must be in order to dominate. As a SINTON fan I wouldn't want to settle for anything less than winning. If I did I would be cheating the program, and the players past and present. Sinton Is a state of mind. IT's how you play, how you strive to be the best, and how it is. Until proven otherwise on the field, this is how it is. On that note, DOMINANCE IS A DIRECT REFLECTION OF THE TOWN OF SINTON AND IT'S FANS.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 11:29 AM
I know that it makes your blood boil to hear my "ramblings". What makes it worse for you is that all these confident ramblings are supported by years and years of dominance over the rest of the mediocre programs in our district. That is why you choose to complain, because everything on the playing fields speaks for itself. The reason I am confident is because you must be in order to dominate. As a SINTON fan I wouldn't want to settle for anything less than winning. If I did I would be cheating the program, and the players past and present. Sinton Is a state of mind. IT's how you play, how you strive to be the best, and how it is. Until proven otherwise on the field, this is how it is. On that note, DOMINANCE IS A DIRECT REFLECTION OF THE TOWN OF SINTON AND IT'S FANS. [yawn] yes, it is true that Sinton is a dominating force in 30-3A....guess what ...district is over. it not what you say COACHCOACH...it in the way you choose to say it.

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey IHS I even wonder if CoachCoach is really a Sinton fan or residence. In fact I wonder if he or she is really anti-Sinton. I know a lot of the Sinton posters but I don't know who heor she is and apparently he or she wants his or her identity kept secret. Me - it is the worst kept secret in town who I am.

The reason you don't know who I am is because it's better that way. Once names are involved it gets personal. I'm not hear to make friends, just to give you a direct unbias perspective. People who don't really understand the game might be hurt by my comments. Still Brutal honesty is the best policy. Besides you wouldn't want me lying just to be nice would you? I'm not concerned with being popular.

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Phil, 94, you guys may just be right, but w/ him posting as a Sinton fan, reguardless of where hes REALLY from....it still looks bad. i hope he ISNT from Sinton...i like MOST of yall ;) Phil and 66 are the wise older men that always keep the peace, 94 is the older brother that rubs knots on your head...... LOL.

I DON'T WANT AND DON'T EXPECT ANYBODY TO LIKE ME......JUST READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Geez, I hope you're not actually a Sinton coach.:eek: :D :D

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 11:45 AM
I DON'T WANT AND DON'T EXPECT ANYBODY TO LIKE ME......JUST READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. COACHCOACH....it never hurts to have friends...WHEREVER you go.

Ranger354
11-16-2004, 12:00 PM
I will say it I am not affraid!

My guess is GP or Calallen. Most of them have that attitude from birth.

But even with that, Coachcoach is intitled to his opinion and he/she gets to the rest of us because we don't totally agree with the arrogance!

pirate4state
11-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Oh, I don't know COACHCOACH is pretty entertaining and even if you don't admit here...we've all thought along those lines from time to time! ;) :D :D

He/She can say whatever they want & you can choose to ignore them if you don't like what they are saying! :rolleyes: Jeez!

RiverRat19
11-16-2004, 12:18 PM

An educated football (sports) fan could conclude that Zapata needs no additional motivation than the 40-7 loss last year in the 2nd round and everything they have gone through since to this point. Plus, just because the comments on this board are from a "coach" or fan does not mean they are qualified or representative of the players' or coaches' attitudes toward this game.

Along those lines..... From what I hear along the grapevine, NONE of the players or coaches are taking Zapata lightly.

Here's some of the possible reasons why:
1.) The Hawks are undefeated which is an accomplishment regardless of the level of competition

2.) Playoff games CANNOT be taken lightly unless you want to go home early

3.) Champions respect each of their opponents

I think any team regardless of classification, location or tradition in the Pirates' position would do the same IF they were of high quality. From past performance and experience, it would appear that Sinton is of that level of quality and is preparing for this game as such.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 12:19 PM

But even with that, Coachcoach is intitled to his opinion and he/she gets to the rest of us because we don't totally agree with the arrogance!

You're right he (I feel pretty safe in saying that) is certainly entitled to his opinion and you are right, I can't stand the arrogance. Being a parent, fan or even a coach is a priviledge that should not be taken for granted!

If he is in fact a coach, I probably would not want my son playing for him.

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/2cents.gif

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Oh, I don't know COACHCOACH is pretty entertaining and even if you don't admit here...we've all thought along those lines from time to time! ;) :D :D

He/She can say whatever they want & you can choose to ignore them if you don't like what they are saying! :rolleyes: Jeez! ah come on p4s....some of us get told to watch our language for typing words that RESEMBLE cusswords...but yet...someone can openly belittle someone else and nothing is said?? thats crap.

sinton fan04
11-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Hey i like what coachcoach posts, his just giving opinions, thats exactly why stangfan keeps posting on this sinton zapata topic, to make his opinions cause it surely isn't any support from my view. Imean come on yall sinton fans haven't seen them play, its not gonna be a blowout like the other games. How many of the other sinton supporters are saying yall haven't seen them play and things like that. JUST MY OPINION. To me coachcoach is giving support for the pirates no matter how he puts it out unlike stangfan telling us how good were not gonna do.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Hey i like what coachcoach posts, his just giving opinions, thats exactly why stangfan keeps posting on this sinton zapata topic, to make his opinions cause it surely isn't any support from my view. Imean come on yall sinton fans haven't seen them play, its not gonna be a blowout like the other games. How many of the other sinton supporters are saying yall haven't seen them play and things like that. JUST MY OPINION. To me coachcoach is giving support for the pirates no matter how he puts it out unlike stangfan telling us how good were not gonna do. wrong wrong wrong.....we are posting opinions, this much is true....i just choose...like most of the posters here...to present mine in an adult-like manor. i can post anywhere on the board i feel like it....i just read over the board rules..there was nothing in there saying that i couldnt....but i DID run across this:

2). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you.

if COACHCOACH was a Zapata fan, and posting the same type of material..i'm sure he'd of been ROMed by now.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 12:50 PM
He/She can say whatever they want & you can choose to ignore them if you don't like what they are saying! :rolleyes: Jeez!

Think I will have to take P4S's advice .... she has never steered me wrong. :thumbsup:

From now on, it is :hand:

pirate44
11-16-2004, 02:16 PM
what time is everyone gettin to the game. if i leave work at 5:00 it takes me 1/2 hour to get home, leaving time for grabbing a burger, i could get back to Corpus Christi by 6:30. i guess that sounds about right. i dont think it will be that big of a problem finding a seat as was in Ingleside.

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Cabaniss is huge. Not quite as big as Buc, but it's definitely a large 5A stadium. The dang thing holds something like 9,000 people. Seating shouldn't be a huge problem.

pirate4state
11-16-2004, 02:37 PM
ah come on p4s....some of us get told to watch our language for typing words that RESEMBLE cusswords...but yet...someone can openly belittle someone else and nothing is said?? thats crap. I went back to the beginning of this thread and don't see a problem with anything COACHCOACH is posting!? :eek: In your opinion he has belittled someone -- okay, who and what did he say?? Really, I'm curious. Maybe it's b/c although you may not like what he/she is saying, it rings true?? :thinking: :D Uh-oh...I'm being an argonnant fan...imagine that?? :devil: :D :D

pirate44
11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
I went back to the beginning of this thread and don't see a problem with anything COACHCOACH is posting!? :eek: In your opinion he has belittled someone -- okay, who and what did he say?? Really, I'm curious. Maybe it's b/c although you may not like what he/she is saying, it rings true?? :thinking: :D Uh-oh...I'm being an argonnant fan...imagine that?? :devil: :D :D
i havent noticed if its a common thing, but i do think coachcoach was out of line on this one. maybe he was joking, i dunno.
link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23028)

GOFOR2
11-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Are their 2 GOFOR2's? Didn't you say Sinton would dominate?
:confused:

No i did not say that Sinton would dominate, although I really want to.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 02:46 PM
i havent noticed if its a common thing, but i do think coachcoach was out of line on this one. maybe he was joking, i dunno.
link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23028)

Thank you '44 .... that is exactly what irritated me the most!

GOFOR2
11-16-2004, 02:55 PM
wrong wrong wrong.....we are posting opinions, this much is true....i just choose...like most of the posters here...to present mine in an adult-like manor. i can post anywhere on the board i feel like it....i just read over the board rules..there was nothing in there saying that i couldnt....but i DID run across this:

2). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you.

if COACHCOACH was a Zapata fan, and posting the same type of material..i'm sure he'd of been ROMed by now.

Come on IHStang, chill man. Its only Tuesday and you guys be ready to throw down up in here. Ignore the disturbed lad.....besides he really is entertaining.

pirate4state
11-16-2004, 02:55 PM
link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23028) Okay, that was a little harsh. :eek: I'm not defending them on that one, but I will say you/we all have the power to report a post we think may be "breaking" the board rules and then it will be up to the mods to do something about it.

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 03:10 PM

YOU have just made my point all the more obvious. People from GP and Calallen are born with that attitude from birth. Thats what makes them the programs they are. Winning breeds winning. They are relentless like Sinton in the pursuit of excellence. They except nothing but the best. GP, Calallen, Sinton.........not like any others in South Texas for a reason and you pin pointed it. THank you ...........

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 03:12 PM
I don't think he broke any rules ... it was just the attitude both in that thread and this one....

Anyway .... not going to let it upset me, remember:hand:

So ... does Cabiness have a smoking area to meet up at? Was glad to read that seating might not be a great big issue....:thumbsup:

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
An educated football (sports) fan could conclude that Zapata needs no additional motivation than the 40-7 loss last year in the 2nd round and everything they have gone through since to this point. Plus, just because the comments on this board are from a "coach" or fan does not mean they are qualified or representative of the players' or coaches' attitudes toward this game.

Along those lines..... From what I hear along the grapevine, NONE of the players or coaches are taking Zapata lightly.

1.) The Hawks are undefeated which is an accomplishment regardless of the level of competition

I think any team regardless of classification, location or tradition in the Pirates' position would do the same IF they were of high quality. From past performance and experience, it would appear that Sinton is of that level of quality and is preparing for this game as such.

Nice quote.....your a smart fellow. I definetly agree with you.
GO PIRATES!

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey i like what coachcoach posts, his just giving opinions, thats exactly why stangfan keeps posting on this sinton zapata topic, to make his opinions cause it surely isn't any support from my view. Imean come on yall sinton fans haven't seen them play, its not gonna be a blowout like the other games. How many of the other sinton supporters are saying yall haven't seen them play and things like that. JUST MY OPINION. To me coachcoach is giving support for the pirates no matter how he puts it out unlike stangfan telling us how good were not gonna do.

GO PIRATES........

pirate44
11-16-2004, 03:18 PM
YOU have just made my point all the more obvious. People from GP and Calallen are born with that attitude from birth. Thats what makes them the programs they are. Winning breeds winning. They are relentless like Sinton in the pursuit of excellence. They except nothing but the best. GP, Calallen, Sinton.........not like any others in South Texas for a reason and you pin pointed it. THank you ...........
how does leaving arrogant and insulting posts on a message board and hiding behind a screen name, breed a winning football program?

as for reporting his post to a moderator, that's up to Phil C regarding that thread. he puts up with allot of that nonsense and I think probably takes it with a grain of salt. i think for the most part on this and other threads, coachcoach just makes things entertaining.

pirate4state
11-16-2004, 03:20 PM
So ... does Cabiness have a smoking area to meet up at? Was glad to read that seating might not be a great big issue....:thumbsup: Don't know, but if the weather is nice -- I'll make a point to meet with y'all. :cool: :smoker:

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Thank you '44 .... that is exactly what irritated me the most!

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO STOP BEING SO SOFT. NOTHING IS PERSONAL. IF YOU CHOOSE TO TAKE IT THAT WAY, SO BE IT. BUT I'M THE ONE THAT SAYS WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE IS AFRAID TO SAY.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 03:24 PM
:hand: :hand: :hand:

COACHCOACH
11-16-2004, 03:24 PM
WELL I'M OFF TO PRACTICE.........YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY AND WORK HARD.

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 03:26 PM
This post makes no sense whatsoever. So what you're telling me is that StangFan (who by the way roots for you guys) is cool but he's not cool. You flip-flopped in your argument there, Mr. Kerry. And he never told you how good you weren't going to do, he's just saying that Zapata is a tough team. After all, he is the only guy on the board who's seen both teams this year.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 03:28 PM

It just got better!:D

pirate4state
11-16-2004, 03:28 PM
argonnant :o arrogant :D

pirate4state
11-16-2004, 03:31 PM
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO STOP BEING SO SOFT. NOTHING IS PERSONAL. IF YOU CHOOSE TO TAKE IT THAT WAY, SO BE IT. BUT I'M THE ONE THAT SAYS WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE IS AFRAID TO SAY. You could at least stop YELLING!! ;) I agree some people need to stop being so sensitive. :rolleyes:

pirate44
11-16-2004, 03:31 PM
:o arrogant :D
and you call yourself a sinton gradgiate;)

pirate4state
11-16-2004, 03:33 PM
and you call yourself a sinton gradgiate yep! :D Mrs. Hutto & Gibson would be so proud!! :D :clap: LOL

GOFOR2
11-16-2004, 03:44 PM

Funny!!

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 03:48 PM
I know that it makes your blood boil to hear my "ramblings". What makes it worse for you is that all these confident ramblings are supported by years and years of dominance over the rest of the mediocre programs in our district. That is why you choose to complain, because everything on the playing fields speaks for itself. The reason I am confident is because you must be in order to dominate. As a SINTON fan I wouldn't want to settle for anything less than winning. If I did I would be cheating the program, and the players past and present. Sinton Is a state of mind. IT's how you play, how you strive to be the best, and how it is. Until proven otherwise on the field, this is how it is. On that note, DOMINANCE IS A DIRECT REFLECTION OF THE TOWN OF SINTON AND IT'S FANS.

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 03:50 PM

You i liked that one...I couldnt have said it better...I like coach and i know him...sorry we arent trying to argue with sinton fans but if IHS remembers correctly COACH said nothin about district we play for the 3rd season...yall can hate him or love him...but its an attitude...you think like this as A PIRATE PLAYER ...not a fan and it just contuines over ...holla at me coach

veer option
11-16-2004, 03:51 PM
IHS,

Sinton will beat Zapata by atleast 3 TD's. Zapata is not the same team that started the year. I'm not from Sinton either. Just trust me on this issue.

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 03:58 PM
ah come on p4s....some of us get told to watch our language for typing words that RESEMBLE cusswords...but yet...someone can openly belittle someone else and nothing is said?? thats crap.

I think some of yall need to take a few days off from the DL ...belittle? i didnt see that one....but like coach and I see different than most of yall...call him arrogant ignorant whatever you want...the truth hurts...
Just to let yall know coach is a he...not he/she...dont like to read stuff about my homie that starts with she

Ranger354
11-16-2004, 04:03 PM
I think I made the he/she remark and it was not ment in a bad way. I just didn't know if CoachCoach was a male of female since we have never met.

But I have not met many of these people on here either.

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 04:06 PM
...Just to let yall know coach is a he...not he/she...dont like to read stuff about my homie that starts with she Well, they have started letting girls play football... but we'll try to be more politically correct the next time we decide to address your homie.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Well, they have started letting girls play football... but we'll try to be more politically correct the next time we decide to address your homie.

Funny, he just didn't come across as being the "homie" type.:p

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 04:10 PM

No1 should be affraid to say anything. Thus in saying that people in South Texas seem to hate GP and Calallen because why? They strive to be the best? The are arrogant? or because their programs succeed and people tend to dislike them because when it comes to the truth and it is spoken people dont like it because its the truth. Well since this is an opinionated board...Zapata doesnt or shouldnt even be on the same field...I see no justifications for some of the arguments. Zapata got whooped last year. THey were winning 7-0 at halftime if i remember correctly. Now you can say that "ALL" offseason they have been working to be Sinton . HA HA THe fact of the matter is Sinton is way better than last year...Zapata may be better. Trust me bulletin board material gets you going before the ball is snapped trust me once the whistle blows you dont remember what was said or written...Yall act like during the game you have time to think its a game or reading and reaction not thinking about the 3a downlow board. The moment you think its OVER

holla at me cc

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 04:14 PM
You're right he (I feel pretty safe in saying that) is certainly entitled to his opinion and you are right, I can't stand the arrogance. Being a parent, fan or even a coach is a priviledge that should not be taken for granted!

If he is in fact a coach, I probably would not want my son playing for him.

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/2cents.gif

So what you saying is that you dont want a coach to teach your son when he lines up wherever he plays that the guy infront of him is not better? whats wrong with that? arrogance and confidence come hand in hand... trust me you would rather have your son playing for an arrogant/confident coach with discipline like we run in sinton...unlike other places...

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Funny, he just didn't come across as being the "homie" type.:p

i set myself up for that one....good one ap and russ...

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by veer option
IHS,

Sinton will beat Zapata by atleast 3 TD's. Zapata is not the same team that started the year. I'm not from Sinton either. Just trust me on this issue. ah really?? they have some people go out due to grades?? or they just peter out?? cause i know the Zapata team that i saw was stout, fast, and could flat play some ball!

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 04:28 PM
can anyone tell me who zapata has played? and if so ...give me the scores?

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 04:31 PM
can anyone tell me who zapata has played? and if so ...give me the scores? it was posted somewhere in the last few days Oldskool....heck..it might even be in this thread...i cant remember exactly.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 04:40 PM
So what you saying is that you dont want a coach to teach your son when he lines up wherever he plays that the guy infront of him is not better? whats wrong with that? arrogance and confidence come hand in hand... trust me you would rather have your son playing for an arrogant/confident coach with discipline like we run in sinton...unlike other places...

Ahhh, perhaps this is the problem. In my opinion, arrogant and confident are not one in the same.

Arrogance - overbearing pride or self-importance

Confident - sure of oneself, assured

I will take confidence and discipline any day and would want my son to learn those qualities. On the other hand, I don't think arrogance is a desired characteristic nor is it something I want my kid to become. A winner yes.. an arrogant bully....NO!

P.S. We can just agree that we are going to disagree.;)

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 04:42 PM
P.S. We can just agree that we are going to disagree.;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yup

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Move along...nothing to see here....

http://home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/AR15com%20stuff/officerBB.jpg

99IHSMustang
11-16-2004, 04:49 PM

Ok I wasn't going to say anything but this is plain dumb. Just because you are confident doesn't mean that you have to be arrogant. They are not hand in hand. As for the "guy in front of you".... What if he is better? Hey I know, "Why don't I just play dirty!". That's what arrogance does to people. There will always be somebody that is faster, smarter, or bigger than you and those are things that you must come to realize. But no one says that you can't have a bigger heart and still come out on top. I hope that Sinton players aren't arrogant because if they have the mentality that you do OldSkool1 they are already losers in my book.

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Ok I wasn't going to say anything but this is plain dumb. Just because you are confident doesn't mean that you have to be arrogant. They are not hand in hand. As for the "guy in front of you".... What if he is better? Hey I know, "Why don't I just play dirty!". That's what arrogance does to people. There will always be somebody that is faster, smarter, or bigger than you and those are things that you must come to realize. But no one says that you can't have a bigger heart and still come out on top. I hope that Sinton players aren't arrogant because if they have the mentality that you do OldSkool1 they are already losers in my book.

IM sure glad your book means nothin to me....umm ...i didnt say anything about dirty but i guess that what they teach in ingleside...remember you started this not me...but then again ...i dont care...you can read our box scores next week while your watching the longhorns and cowboys and not your mustangs

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:26 PM
IM sure glad your book means nothin to me....umm ...i didnt say anything about dirty but i guess that what they teach in ingleside...remember you started this not me...but then again ...i dont care...you can read our box scores next week while your watching the longhorns and cowboys and not your mustangs ah dont say things outa hate...i just read where you thought we would pull off the upset...and now that your mad you lash out like that and take out your anger on the Mustangs.....[shakes finger] temper temper.

99IHSMustang
11-16-2004, 05:27 PM
IM sure glad your book means nothin to me....umm ...i didnt say anything about dirty but i guess that what they teach in ingleside...remember you started this not me...but then again ...i dont care...you can read our box scores next week while your watching the longhorns and cowboys and not your mustangs

Ok, whatever you say. :thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 05:29 PM
ah dont say things outa hate...i just read where you thought we would pull off the upset...and now that your mad you lash out like that and take out your anger on the Mustangs.....[shakes finger] temper temper.

You need to go back and read the other thread....he wasn't giving Ingleside a compliment.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:31 PM
You need to go back and read the other thread....he wasn't giving Ingleside a compliment. sarcasm APPF....sarcasm.

Gobbler Fan
11-16-2004, 05:32 PM
gl to both teams

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 05:37 PM
sarcasm APPF....sarcasm.

Gotcha....I almost didn't catch it on the other thread. Oh well.............:(

RiverRat19
11-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Nice quote.....your a smart fellow. I definetly agree with you.
GO PIRATES!

Thanks, I appreciate you also..... regardless of what others may say.

Sinton94
11-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19

Well said Riverrat!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sinton is preparing for this "play-off game" with the same intensity as any other game regardless of what anyone of us say, think or do!

GOOD LUCK PIRATES and hope to see the Pirate Nation in full force this Friday!:D

SinTon_Boi_32
11-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Zapata Schedule (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/hsHighSchool.asp?School=1667)

rhs78
11-16-2004, 07:13 PM
congrats to both teams on outstanding seasons,its a shame one of these teams lose this game, it should be a very good,close well played game. i will go with sinton's experience in this one.only by 6 points. good luck to both teams

Ranger354
11-16-2004, 07:51 PM
I got my tickets!!!!!!!!!!!

66, You guys going to meet at the smoking section/area at half time? I will try and get there this time. I will be working the next couple of weekends so I may not get to see Sinton play after this.

It looks like rain ahead! Hope that field drys out before the game.

sinton66
11-16-2004, 07:53 PM
it is supposed to clear up and be clear all day Friday from what I've been hearing, and yes, we will meet up at halftime in the smoking area. Would love for you to join us.

gobblerfan02
11-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by SinTon_Boi_32
Zapata Schedule (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/hsHighSchool.asp?School=1667)

CAN YOU SPELL WEAK? OMG, they barley beat CC west oso, cuero killed them 56-0! This won't be a game at all!

Ranger354
11-16-2004, 07:58 PM
My wife would love for me to take the little one at halftime I am sure. So I will try and be there. Depending on the score I will leave for Whitsett after the game. I just can stand not watching this one and 1590 won't reach Whitsett!

sinfan75
11-16-2004, 08:11 PM
42-14 Sinton!! NUFF SAID!! See ya'll at the smoke shack.:D

SinTon_Boi_32
11-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by SinTon_Boi_32
Sinton-42,Zapata-20....I dont think Zapata has faced a high powered O like Sinton before

SinTon_Boi_32
11-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Kinda Close Ey 75...:)

SintonFan
11-16-2004, 08:22 PM
The reason you don't know who I am is because it's better that way. Once names are involved it gets personal. I'm not hear to make friends, just to give you a direct unbias perspective. People who don't really understand the game might be hurt by my comments. Still Brutal honesty is the best policy. Besides you wouldn't want me lying just to be nice would you? I'm not concerned with being popular.
I do know you and your friend oldscruel1!
Tell me Sinton Fans! Doesn't this junk smell of certain GP posters who roosted here recently? It might be entertaing but it's not like folks from Sinton talking this crap!
Those two are not from SINTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Tell me Sinton Fans! Doesn't this junk smell of certain GP posters who roosted here recently? It might be entertaing but it's not like folks from Sinton talking this crap!
I can prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

SintonFan
11-16-2004, 08:24 PM
GP king and/or GP83....
These idiots are not from Sinton.....:hand: :hand: :hand:

sinfan75
11-16-2004, 08:26 PM
I wanted to give em an extra td this year. :p

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 08:27 PM
GP king and/or GP83....
These idiots are not from Sinton.....:hand: :hand: :hand: AH...rgrgr...so we've got some posers on our hands?? i gotcha.

SintonFan
11-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Go back and read what those two have said on here(in the Sinton-GP thread) and compare what these two fools are saying now...
It's undeniable...:hand:
Go look now....:thinking:

sinfan75
11-16-2004, 08:29 PM
I can prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!