PDA

View Full Version : Where are all of the WOS fans?

PPHSfan
11-13-2004, 11:26 AM
I know there were a ton of them here for the past several months. Surely they are not gonna leave now. There is still a lot of football to be played.

HighSchool Fan
11-13-2004, 11:27 AM
i was wondering the same thing.

you need to give us a good update after your game today. good luck PP.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2004, 11:29 AM
they wondering if maybe drop down was not such a good thing.

PPHSfan
11-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i was wondering the same thing.

you need to give us a good update after your game today. good luck PP.

Thanks.

I am going out of town following the game though. And won't be back until late tonight or early tomorrow.

I will call RM with scores, and will see you guys tomorrow sometime.

Unless of course I get back late tonight.

Titans
11-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Let's see the following fans return to talk smack...

Kennedale
WO-S
Stephenville
Silsbee
Navasota (although I thought they'd go deep)
Wharton
Perryton
Hebron (I just had to add them, what a disappointment)

I always said Kennedale was overrated. They played a weak schedule...and their defense was horrible most of the year.

PPHSfan
11-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Kennedale was beaten by a solid RC team. RC has a ballclub. Mark it down. They will handle Kaufman too.

Da Mules
LOL, except honestly I don't remember any Perryton people talking smack. They mostly said that they never deserved the #1 ranking.

Now the WOS fans... that's a different story :D

bullfrog_alumni_02
i didnt really agree w/ them being put in the top spot in the beginning of the year. they still should have been ranked, but not the top spot. i hope the posters do come back, they have a good team and alot to be proud of. i think in a week or two they will be back to posting as usual.

District303aPastPlayer
11-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i didnt really agree w/ them being put in the top spot in the beginning of the year. they still should have been ranked, but not the top spot. i hope the posters do come back, they have a good team and alot to be proud of. i think in a week or two they will be back to posting as usual.

they need time to realize that theyve been humbled

Ranger Mom
11-13-2004, 11:51 AM
I noticed that their website is down too!

Has it been down, or was it taken down last night?:thinking:

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
they need time to realize that theyve been humbled you know i think your right...its like going to church and having a really good sermon preached, you need time to accept the fact of the matter.:D

Titans
11-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Yeah, Perryton hasn't spoke any smack...I was basically referring to Stark fans. I put the others for losing in Round 1. I should have worded it better.

Royse City is a fine ball club, but can not throw the ball to save it's life...just like Crandall.

RC will beat Kaufman, but who is Kaufman? The Lions lost to Crandall of all people, who lost to Kennedale...and you know what RC just did to Kennedale.

We'll see!

As far as Kennedale being overrated...YEP - they are and were...just like Perryton. They were rated highly based on the previous years succeess, and those who watched them without bias will attest to what I'm saying. While their offense was potent, their defense was seive-like. Not a good sign entering the playoffs.

Old No. 7
11-13-2004, 12:16 PM
I saw Goldenstick on another post. He's from orange and I thought there was one more. :thinking: oh, Shankbear was the other.

But no Silsbee fans yet.

BlueBlood
11-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Is that spilled milk? Are those tears?

footballgal
11-13-2004, 12:25 PM
All I gotta say is welcome to 3A football !;)

Goldenstick
11-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I don't mind posting on here. I knew the move to 3a wasn't going to be a cake walk. Look at Jasper several years ago, they had a fine team and didn't win it all! Of course, I have followed high school football the past 6 or 7 years so I knew what to expect. Some of the other WO-S posters probably had narrow vision because they haven't heard a lot about 3a. I know there are others who were trying to warn them from getting too pumped up about a 3a championship. WO-S has some great players but I must admit that they didn't look like a championship calibur team to me. They didn't have the complete package this year and their offense really just overpowered the weaker teams in the district. I knew when the playoffs came along that there would have to be better game preparation. I give Huffman some credit too! They are big upfront and it was apparent that their coaches had watched a lot of game film. They pretty much knew what to do to beat the Mustangs. Maybe this will help WO-S players and coaches realize that there is more to it than just lining up and running the same old schemes. Adjustments must be made come playoff time

The website is www.wo-s.com. It was working last time I checked

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
All I gotta say is welcome to 3A football !;) well put.

pantherpop
11-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Yeah, I don't mind posting on here. I knew the move to 3a wasn't going to be a cake walk. Look at Jasper several years ago, they had a fine team and didn't win it all! Of course, I have followed high school football the past 6 or 7 years so I knew what to expect. Some of the other WO-S posters probably had narrow vision because they haven't heard a lot about 3a. I know there are others who were trying to warn them from getting too pumped up about a 3a championship. WO-S has some great players but I must admit that they didn't look like a championship calibur team to me. They didn't have the complete package this year and their offense really just overpowered the weaker teams in the district. I knew when the playoffs came along that there would have to be better game preparation. I give Huffman some credit too! They are big upfront and it was apparent that their coaches had watched a lot of game film. They pretty much knew what to do to beat the Mustangs. Maybe this will help WO-S players and coaches realize that there is more to it than just lining up and running the same old schemes. Adjustments must be made come playoff time

The website is www.wo-s.com. It was working last time I checked
Very good post. I agree with you on everything. Maybe this will be a wake up call for WOS. Good luck next season. I expect you guys to be back at the top again next year.

Goldenstick
11-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
All I gotta say is welcome to 3A football !;)

What's that mean?

pakrat
11-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Where are the WOS fans? Crying in their beer. It's tough to take a 2 point loss like that. Huffman? I never heard of Huffman. Where is Huffman? Have they been in the playoffs in recent history? WOS is in the playoffs year after year. That's why so many people respect (and :p ) them. It's a big win for Huffman!

HighSchool Fan
11-13-2004, 01:27 PM
any win in the playoffs is a big win, not just because it was against WOS.

Port_town_texas
11-13-2004, 01:27 PM
watch it man. you're talking down on a POWERHOUSE program. They'll be back next year. I guarantee they wont lose 1st round next year. Adjustments will be made in the off season for sure. Good luck Huffman. old 3A opponent of my school---S.F.A. (Port Arthur)

HighSchool Fan
11-13-2004, 01:29 PM
you can wait until next year, huffman only has to wait until next week.

Port_town_texas
11-13-2004, 01:31 PM
uh, you're playing Palestine...LOL! ok....

Palestine-----37

Huffman-----21

Ball control offense wont stop Palestine when they have the ball.

HighSchool Fan
11-13-2004, 01:32 PM
i'm not, but at least their still playing.

RangerRedFan
11-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Well, seems how I am a Perryton fan, I guess I need to put my two cents worth in. If you will look back at any of my posts, you will not find me talkin' any smack. In fact, I said all along we were overrated. Those polls are nothing more than to give teams that are in them something to brag about, and teams that aren't, something to gripe about. The only reason we were rated this year was what we showed last year, and the people we had coming back. The thing is, I knew what few starters we lost from last years team were ones that would be "missed" very badly. I thought we had a chance to be a pretty good team still, but there was no way on earth we should have ever been rated in the top ten teams in the state. As soon as we lost our starting tailback, I knew that a lot of things would have to happen to get us deep into the playoffs, and when we lost his replacement against Canyon, I knew there was no way this team would go very far. Our teamed lived and died by having a ball control, grind it out offense and we lost that ability with those two players. Our defense never did "gel" either this year. There were times that they looked like they could, and then it just never happened. Jerry's always seem to have us rated about right this year...mid to low 20's which I thougt was about right. I have liked Canyon all year long until I saw them play us, and while they are a pretty decent team, they will have to have some luck and play above their heads to get very far in the playoffs. That is about as much smack as you will ever see me spew....Good luck to all you guys still playing.....somewhere along the line I think every team needs some to win it all.

shankbear
11-13-2004, 02:13 PM
I post a bit and am basically a Bridge City supporter living in Orange. I went to West Orange before Stark was stuck with us.

We, BC, were steamrolled by Barbers Hill last night. No excuses, no bull. They kicked our butts from the first drive on. They ran at will. Their coaches said it was the best effort of the year for the HILL. They are still one of the best coached teams around.

Good luck BH the rest of the way.

sinton66
11-13-2004, 02:16 PM
I think WOS probably has the point of all this by now, must we continue? It's not nice to GLOAT, ya know? I can understand PPHSfan's sentiment, they did seem to jump his case a bunch. Looks like he knew what he was talking about.

pantherpop
11-13-2004, 02:41 PM
I'm sure that West Orange Starke doesn't have any more trash talking posters than any other school including all of my fellow gracious fans here in Liberty. Everybody needs to lay off them cause they will have the hosses to come back and whip all of us next year. Besides I thought this board was made for trash talking (AKA Jody).lol.

GS#17
11-13-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm here. Not too much to say other than congratulations to Huffman. I don't think I was one of the "trash talkers," but if I was, go ahead and take your shots. :)

Best of luck to the remaining teams in the playoffs. We will lose a few key players, but we have a good amount of talent coming back and we'll have a very good offseason (something that's been lacking since 2000). As a fan, I'm disappointed with the loss in the playoffs as anyone else would be, but I'm looking forward to what all we bring to the table next year.

Phantom Stang
11-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Being a fan of the Sweetwater Mustangs who enjoyed considerable 4A success before dropping down to 3A,
I'll be the last one to throw stones at the WOS fans. ;)

As for the media experts?? Well,....:p :p :p

footballgal
11-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
What's that mean?
nothing worth repeating.:o

D. R. Hooks
11-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I am one of the WOS fans, and I don't think there was too much smack coming from our end. We have a lot of fans who still stop by on this board, and we will defend ourselves if provoked, but most of us are on here to learn about 3A, and chat a little football in a friendly environment.

As far as our last game, once we learned about Huffman's offense and their huge OL, we knew it would be a very difficult game for us to win. If you check the old posts on www.wo-s.com, you will see that we had a lot of respect for this game and Huffman.

Our offense had lots of weapons and scored a lot of points this season, but our defense wasn't up to some of the greats units in our past. Even in our wins, we gave up a lot of yards this year, and Huffman ran the ball with ease against us. The week before, Bridge City took WOS to overtime because we could not stop the 'Cards from scoring.

Realistically, I thought WOS would probably defeat Huffman something like 27-20, then lose to Silsbee in Round 2. I'm already 0-2 on that prediction for next week!

WOS has a lot of folks returning next year; we hope to be better prepared for our second season in 3A.

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

sinton66
11-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Well stated, D.R. Lots of folks looking forward to next year about now. Good luck in all the other sports.

j_dog
11-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
I'm sure that West Orange Starke doesn't have any more trash talking posters than any other school including all of my fellow gracious fans here in Liberty. Everybody needs to lay off them cause they will have the hosses to come back and whip all of us next year. Besides I thought this board was made for trash talking (AKA Jody).lol.
Very well put pantherpop! :) I have been reading and responding to WOS posts for some 5 or 6 years now and I have nothing but the greatest of respect for their fans. We are supposed to support our team, and that is all that they did. I am confident the WOS fans will stay on this board, and you will hear even more from the team next year. :) And to all WOS fans, I was sorry to hear that you lost. Best of luck to Huffman.

Ranger Mom
11-13-2004, 11:28 PM
To tell you the truth, until I read about them beating WO-S...I had never even HEARD of Huffman!!

Tiger90
11-13-2004, 11:46 PM
I was wanting a WOS/Silsbee game as well, but it was not meant to be. Palestine was prepared. We had a great run, 0-10 to 9-1 is a drastic improvement.

In terms of smack talk, I really have a negative view of Kirbyville. Not neccessarily due to posters here, but rather K'ville's behavior when our teams met. I hope they see Jasper again and the bulldogs destroy them.

Hupernikomen
11-14-2004, 12:05 AM
sorry to see the tigers and stangs lose...and I like you truly wish we could get another crack at Kirbyville.

Old No. 7
11-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Tiger90
I was wanting a WOS/Silsbee game as well, but it was not meant to be. Palestine was prepared. We had a great run, 0-10 to 9-1 is a drastic improvement.

In terms of smack talk, I really have a negative view of Kirbyville. Not neccessarily due to posters here, but rather K'ville's behavior when our teams met. I hope they see Jasper again and the bulldogs destroy them.

I don't think Cats acted any different than the Tigers did. I know for a fact that Silsbee players were calling K-ville players at home talking smack. Enough said. Congrats on being District Champs. And Just for the Record, K-ville backs all local teams when we are not playing them and in the Playoffs!

Old No. 7
11-14-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
sorry to see the tigers and stangs lose...and I like you truly wish we could get another crack at Kirbyville.

No comment. Have a good day Huper and best of luck to the dogs this week. I'm pulling for them. :)

Hupernikomen
11-14-2004, 08:56 AM
thanks old no. 7...same here for the wildkats.

jason
11-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules

Now the WOS fans... that's a different story :D haha, no joking with that comment....:D