PDA

View Full Version : Canyon/ Levelland game

Da Mules
11-13-2004, 11:07 AM
A lot closer than expected as Canyon wins 21-7. The reason is because Levelland has one h*ll of a new coaching staff, and that spells trouble down the road for Region I. Brad Thieseen & crew took over a deteriorated Lobo program and got them into the playoffs their 1st year on the job. (I admit that in a 5-team district; it only took 2 wins to get there, and Brownfield & Littlefield were pretty weak this year.) The point is how much improvement the Lobos have made this season. Canyon beat them badly in pre-season, and altho they aren't nearly the team that the Eagles are, they did come back to make a game of it.
Congrats to the Lobos. and of course, GO EAGLES!! DO THE PANHANDLE PROUD!!

Canyon 21, Levelland 7 game story (http://www.amarillo.com/stories/111304/hss_586761.shtml)

wildstangs
11-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Coach Thiessen built some great teams, including a state championship at Stratford. Give the Loboes a few years, they will be pretty competitive.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2004, 11:14 AM
On the way home from Dripping Springs last night, I was trying to find a reasonably clear AM station to get scores. It was not good reception, but I was able to pick up bits & pieces of the tail end of the game. :eek: