PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on jasper vs waco conally game???

bigdawg92
11-16-2003, 06:24 PM
dont know much about waco how do they mach up????

Swarm 51
11-17-2003, 12:50 AM
Jasper better be ready. The Cadets are speedy and talented at all positions. They basically run the same offensive formation as Burnet. Their quarterback has a good arm and is most always on target with his passes to very good receivers who have a knack for finding the open spots. Should be a good game.

j_dog
11-17-2003, 01:16 AM
Here is Collier's picks. Jasper is the underdog per Collier. Hope that wakes up the Dogs! :D

(2) #10 Waco Connally vs #12 Jasper
#51 Barbers Hill vs #39 Manor (3)

spiveyrat
11-17-2003, 08:13 AM
I gotta admit, I'm a little nervous about this one. eek!

HornetMom
11-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Swarm 51:
Jasper better be ready. The Cadets are speedy and talented at all positions. They basically run the same offensive formation as Burnet. Their quarterback has a good arm and is most always on target with his passes to very good receivers who have a knack for finding the open spots. Should be a good game.What Swarm 51 says. eek! When they passed, the receivers were able to get open or had hands of glue. Good luck to both teams.

Old No. 7
11-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Jasper seems to be playing good football. So i'm going with the Dogs. :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
11-17-2003, 09:12 AM
I just did a little nosing around and found out that Connally is a good passing team. Their quarterback has thrown for over 1600 yards this season and 18 TDs. I hope Jasper is ready for a passing team this week.

More Waco Connally data HERE (http://web1.connally.org/football/varsitymain.htm).

<small>[ November 17, 2003, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

southern_thunder
11-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Waco Connally doesnt really run what Burnet runs on offense they run what Jasper ran 2 years ago, before Jasper stopped throwing the ball. And the spread offense isnt very good if you are not going to or cant throw the ball. And right now Jasper's QB cannot throw the ball so they are a running team that lines up in the spread offense. And the opposing defenses just put 8 and 9 in the box because they know that Jasper cant hurt them throwing the ball. I am afraid it might be a long night this Friday for the Dogs, bcause from what I have heard about Connally it is going to take more than 14 points from the offense to beat them.

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 09:52 AM
Is Jasper going to start that freshman QB this week? Man, that guy has a cannon for an arm! Plus, at one point against Mexia, he was surrounded by three defenders and he just split them. I don't think they even got a hand on him. Obviously he's very fast and reminds me of a young Vince Young from Texas. I would actually feel more confident with him at the helm and put Patton in at running back with Cook. That would be almost like running a wishbone. :)

<small>[ November 17, 2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

cunbed10
11-17-2003, 09:54 AM
Last year Jasper and Marlin lost on the same day, in the same city, and earlier on this board I made a promise to a Jasper fan, that as long as Jasper wins, Marlin wins, now that we both face tough teams, we will have to wait and see.

southern_thunder
11-17-2003, 10:20 AM
I agree with you Jasperdog94 but for some reason it looks like the coaching staff is going to be stubborn about it, and it may cost them.

Old No. 7
11-17-2003, 01:01 PM
Does Jasper play friday night? If so, where. I may get a chance to go.

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Friday night. Sam Houston's Bower Stadium. 7:30. Be there! :D

Old No. 7
11-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the info. If I get off work in time I'll be there.

crimson blood
11-17-2003, 02:25 PM
southern_thunder:
I agree with you Jasperdog94 but for some reason it looks like the coaching staff is going to be stubborn about it, and it may cost them.dont know if "stubborn" is the right description. the theory goes way back...'dance wit the one that brung ya.' :rolleyes:
however, i said a few weeks back moye is the real deal. eek!

southern_thunder
11-17-2003, 02:28 PM
crimson blood:

southern_thunder:
I agree with you Jasperdog94 but for some reason it looks like the coaching staff is going to be stubborn about it, and it may cost them.dont know if "stubborn" is the right description. the theory goes way back...'dance wit the one that brung ya.' :rolleyes:
however, i said a few weeks back moye is the real deal. eek! Well dancin wit the one that brung ya is good until you find a better dance partner!!

crimson blood
11-17-2003, 03:25 PM
just watch your toes :D

Backwoods
11-17-2003, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you guys are getting a little restless over there. Go Dawgs. :rolleyes:

mechanic
11-17-2003, 06:57 PM
I told you guys Moye is and will be all we need for 3 more years to come andd I beleive he can do a good job now, especially with Patton`s hand banged up and serving up air balls, play the freshman, patton and Cook in the backfield gets my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!! Patton does not want to be qb in college he has big plans on being a RB in college. That came from him.

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 07:22 PM
I'll go for that mechanic. That would be a heck of a combo..."Yes, I'll have the #1...can I Super-Size that?" "Sorry, it already comes Super-Sized with it's own Cook." :D :D :D

j_dog
11-17-2003, 08:01 PM
spiveyrat:
I gotta admit, I'm a little nervous about this one. eek! Don't get nervous, get even! :D

I have to believe the Dogs will pull it out. Conally is obviously good, and could win the game. However, I would doubt that they are better than Newton so I think the Dogs have a very good chance of advancing. It may even be to Jasper's long-term advantage to face a good passing team now. Jasper still has a fair amount of speed themselves. This should be a good test.

eye of the tiger
11-17-2003, 08:15 PM
I think Jasper will win this one. Dogs Just too tough for the Cadets.

faithfuldog
11-18-2003, 12:55 AM
I saw the Cadets play Caldwell and they are a motivated bunch that play with a lot of intensity.... Although I have not seen Jasper this year, from what I gather they may outclass the muscle flexing Cadets. Should be a good one with Jasper winning by 17.