PDA

View Full Version : #8Port Isabel vs. Ingleside

Pages : [1] 2

Ibleedblue
11-13-2004, 08:32 AM
well, first round is washed away as we head to area. This week #8 tarpons will be taking on inglesie. for all I know this game is up for grabs. both tams played tough in the first game so anybody can win this one. what are your predictions on this weeks game.:confused: :confused:

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2004, 08:39 AM
I predict it will be a good game. ;)

honeymd
11-13-2004, 08:49 AM
Oh come on Mom! Go out on a limb!

I don't know if my Tarpons will make the run they did last year. The QB isn't as good and some speed was lost. Don't get me wrong, the QB is an excellent athlete...all state punter last year and an 85 yard punt last night! But, it's his first year at the helm and our passing game and secondary leaves alot to be desired.

Any predictions on LH's next opponent? Who are they playing? Oh well, if my Tarpons are out, I'll go with the Panthers.:)

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Next up for us is Yoakum - 3rd time in 3 years. We've traded wins the last two & they put the whup on Wharton, so it should be a good game. I have faith that our team has what it takes to win, but any given team can be beaten on any given day.

Sorry, but it's tough for me to determine how the PI/Ingleside game will turn out. I know what ya'll will bring, but the only knowledge I have of Ingleside is what I read on here. I do know that whoever wins will have played a tough ballgame.

honeymd
11-13-2004, 09:02 AM
It just gets harder for everyone as it goes on...like always. Yoakum will make your palms sweat, that's for sure. I don't know anything about Ingleside either...except that it's next to Corpus Christi. Guess it'll be the Battle of the Beaches!

Do you know when and where the LH/Yoakum game will be?

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Saturday, 2:00, New Braunfels is what I read. I don't know if that is New Braunfels High or New Braunfels Canyon. How about your game?

11TARPON
11-13-2004, 10:44 AM
The PI- Ingleside game will be played at Brownsville on friday at 8:00. Sam's Stadium

sinton66
11-13-2004, 10:58 AM
I will tell you that Ingleside has a good passing game. If Webb gets into a rythym, PI could be in trouble. If you don't get pressure on him, he will chew up the secondary.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2004, 11:03 AM
yes ingleside could put some big points but it will be can they keep up with PI.

footballgal
11-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Agreed, that the secondary can be suspicious on one side, but like Sinton Fan said, can Ingleside keep up? I don't think so. Although, I think a switch should be made, like Mark V, he has some serious speed, that could help out on that side. BTW, Lando did a great job @QB, the kid does a great job of running for us and I suspect will continue to do so, and has the ability to throw the ball well.

Even though the secondary on one side can be weak at times, the Tarpons will put too much pressure on the QB, that might make the difference and if he starts running, our speedy linebacker corp will run him down, Tarpons run defense is good, Tarpons will take this at home!
Go Tarpons Go! Let's get a Mustang.

Congrats LH Panthers Mom on your Panthers win!

big daddy russ
11-13-2004, 12:24 PM
It's a rematch from the last time we made the playoffs, 1995. Port Isabel is even ranked #8, just like they were nine years ago.

But Ingleside had better hope for a better game than we saw against Cotulla. Dropped balls, fumbles, just a sloppy, sloppy game. They played horribly and I'm sure they'll get an earful from the coaches today. The Tarpons have an awesome team and we won't pull off the win this week if we play as sloppy as we did in the first round. We'll see if Ingleside can step up to the challenge.

footballgal
11-13-2004, 12:34 PM
I suspect that they will be ready for the challange, most good teams do. They bounce back after playing a bad game. You think it was just that they were overlooking Cotulla?

I didn't remember that, PI being ranked 8th that year. Hopefully it won't be the same as that year, with the same results. How far will the drive be to Brownsville, for yall? Do you bring alot of fans? It a good size stadium, that has artificial turf, and I understand you will be the home team.

sinton66
11-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Russ, I think Ingleside is about where Sinton was in 2000. You are gaining playoff experience. Sinton usually had a trend of playing sub par ball in odd numbered weeks for some reason. We seem to have reversed that this year. You guys look like that too, judging by your season record, except it's odd numbered weeks for yall. This is game 12, Ingleside should be back on the upswing this week. Just a casual observation. Personally, I prefer Sinton hitting on all eight in the odd numbered games.:D

sinton66
11-13-2004, 01:11 PM
I've done my differential analysys on this one, and It tells me PI by 12+. This is pretty much due to the offenses being very close, and the biggest difference is in PI's defense. Ingleside D will have to take a step or two up to take this one.

footballgal
11-13-2004, 02:06 PM
http://cdn.mapquest.com/mq/icon_warning_medium Caution: Under Construction

Going south on 83/77 past Harlingen, (about 23 mi from Hgn to Brownsville) once in Brownsville, exit on Ruben Torres Blvd. Take a right on the light and immediately take a left on the next light. (Central Blvd) Go down Central Blvd, all the way to Elizabeth St. (4th light) take a left; the stadium will be on the left hand side. Or you can take the light before, 3rd light (Jefferson St) , by the hospital (Brownsville Medical Center). You can see the stadium from there it like 3 blocks down by RR tracks.

Parking is very limited, so be there early or you will end up parking as far as the hospital or somewhere in the neighborhood.

big daddy russ
11-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
...You think it was just that they were overlooking Cotulla?... How far will the drive be to Brownsville, for yall? Do you bring alot of fans?...
No, they seemed like they were up to the game. The defense played great. But when a team only has to go 15 yards to score, it's tough to contain an offense. It was more on offense. Looked like the kids had never played in cold weather before. Balls bouncing off their hands, they fumbled two punts, it was just ugly. Seemed like they were up for Cotulla, but not up for the weather.

The drive to Brownsville is about two and a half or three hours. We're on the north side of Corpus, sandwiched between Gregory (I'm sure you've heard of Gregory-Portland high school) and Aransas Pass. We're about 10 or 15 miles away from Port Aransas.

We'll bring a decent amount of fans, but Port Isabel's side should be much fuller. You guys have "home neutral" in this one.

I still remember the buzz about that '95 game. That was our first test against a ranked team since we played sixth-ranked George West in non-district. It was raining, great football weather. We barely pulled out that win.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Geez, a three hour drive. I am not sure I am going to make this one. Yes, Ingleside played horribly. I personally thought that Cotulla had some momentum going and played better than I ever expected.

footballgal
11-13-2004, 11:49 PM
As of today, the weather for Friday's game, is suppose to be real nice; mid 70's no rain.

SintonFan
11-14-2004, 01:28 AM
I don't think this game will be low scoring.:thinking:
Look for the winner to score at least 42. No line or prediction. Too many unknowns.

District303aPastPlayer
11-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Geez, a three hour drive. I am not sure I am going to make this one. Yes, Ingleside played horribly. I personally thought that Cotulla had some momentum going and played better than I ever expected.

if you wind up not going. . . Sinton vs Zapata is at Cabiness field. . . feel free to join us again :)

footballgal
11-14-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

I still remember the buzz about that '95 game. That was our first test against a ranked team since we played sixth-ranked George West in non-district. It was raining, great football weather. We barely pulled out that win.

Oh Ok so it was '95, that explains why they were ranked, probably because the year before Tarpons went as far as the sem-finals that year. That was played where, I don' remember? San Antonio?

congo
11-14-2004, 01:08 PM
I believe it was in Kingsville

footballgal
11-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by congo
I believe it was in Kingsville

OK thanks, I am thinking '96 vs Sealy that was in SA.

congo
11-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Yeah I don't want to remember that game.....That was one whoopin we took.......I started that game (because of that whole Jim Leo Ochoa and not only that I had a severly sprained ankle.....Very painful especially on turf.....So my cousin Johnny needs to be prepared with extra tape for this up coming game....

congo
11-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Any word yet when and where the Hallettsville vs Brady game will be????

99IHSMustang
11-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
if you wind up not going. . . Sinton vs Zapata is at Cabiness field. . . feel free to join us again :)

I might just do that District3030aPastPlayer if I don't go to the Ingleside game. Good Idea :D

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 03:31 PM
yup..let me start by saying we played SLOPPY against Cotulla...that score should have been 60-7. Cotulla's first 3 scores were off of Ingleside turn-overs. they only scored one TD on their own. i think the cold really got to a few of our guys. everytime Webb wasnt taking a snap..he was rubbing his hands together, blowing on them, etc. as far as the PI -vs- IHS matchup....if Ingleside plays like they did this past friday, we might as well start issuing basketball uniforms....if they play like they did against Goliad, PI better watch out. If Webb can get in sync w/ his rcvrs...and the rcvrs can hold onto the ball (friday there were a few dropped that SHOULDNT have been) and we can get the option going, etc. we should be in good shape. i think the D will step up to the task they have in the last few games. hell..they kept us IN this last one. I'M NOT BAGGIN ON YA STANGS!!! TAKE THIS AS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM!! anyway, i've rattled on long enough! GO MUSTANGS!!! GOT COWBELL?!?!?!

11TARPON
11-14-2004, 03:39 PM
That Sinton-Zapata game may not be a bad idea for Mustang fans. That 3 hours trip may turn into what seems a 5 hour drive coming back. Tarpons by 17 points.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
That Sinton-Zapata game may not be a bad idea for Mustang fans. That 3 hours trip may turn into what seems a 5 hour drive coming back. Tarpons by 17 points. sheeeit, whos goin back friday night???? WE'RE ALL GOIN TO MEXICO TO CELEBRATE!! :p

11TARPON
11-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Seems like you'll got invited to our victory party. Not a bad idea on your part. Tequila should help you out. Either way the 5 hour trip still awaits you. And remember don't drink the water.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Seems like you'll got invited to our victory party. Not a bad idea on your part. Tequila should help you out. Either way the 5 hour trip still awaits you. And remember don't drink the water. hehehe...dont drink the water.....and what do ya mean 5 hour trip? "we dont need no stinking speed limits!" :cool:

11TARPON
11-14-2004, 04:31 PM
According to Texas footballratings Ingleside is ranked #10 in points scored in the state and PI is ranked #22 in points scored. Ingleside played two 2A schools and scored 92 on them. PI played one 5A and allowed them 16. We also played a tough Mexican team and allowed them 18. We played a 4A team and allowed them 14 and we also played Falfurias and we beat them 56-8 and Ingleside beat them 43-21. As for the defense Ingleside is ranked 113 in points allowed and PI is ranked #8 in points allowed in the state. I think that if the Tarpon defense plays to its potential PI will dominate this game.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 04:46 PM
According to Texas footballratings Ingleside is ranked #10 in points scored in the state and PI is ranked #22 in points scored. Ingleside played two 2A schools and scored 92 on them. PI played one 5A and allowed them 16. We also played a tough Mexican team and allowed them 18. We played a 4A team and allowed them 14 and we also played Falfurias and we beat them 56-8 and Ingleside beat them 43-21. As for the defense Ingleside is ranked 113 in points allowed and PI is ranked #8 in points allowed in the state. I think that if the Tarpon defense plays to its potential PI will dominate this game. i keep seeing people try to compare teams by points scored/allowed by/on a common opp. this holds no water whatsoever. for example....the score of the Goliad -vs-Sinton game was 37-20 w/ Sinton taking the win...now..the score of the Goliad -vs- Ingleside game was 41-6 w/ Ingleside taking the win....if your theory held true...shouldnt Ingleside have beaten Sinton?? how bout OU, UT, and A&M?? OU/UT socre was 12-0 OU, A&M/OU score was 42-35 w/ OU winning in OT.... so w/ A&M being able to put up 35 points on OU, and UT managing none...does that mean that A&M will stomp UT next week?? some teams just match up better than others...my may have a team that can stop a run, but not a pass, and vise versa...there are MANY factors....but to say one team will win over another just because of a score of a common opp. is just silly.

sinton66
11-14-2004, 04:57 PM
I disagree, stang. Scores and strength of schedule does play a big part in what you can do, especially in the early rounds of the playoffs. Once you get to round three, You can almost bank on going by the pf/pa ratio. You might also want to consider this, Cotulla was a second place finisher in their district, PI is a legitimate Bi-district champ. Could be a LOT of difference there. That said, it is possible for Ingleside to win this game, but the D is gonna have to step up quickly to keep the stangs in the game.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I disagree, stang. Scores and strength of schedule does play a big part in what you can do, especially in the early rounds of the playoffs. Once you get to round three, You can almost bank on going by the pf/pa ratio. You might also want to consider this, Cotulla was a second place finisher in their district, PI is a legitimate Bi-district champ. Could be a LOT of difference there. That said, it is possible for Ingleside to win this game, but the D is gonna have to step up quickly to keep the stangs in the game. hell..IHS's D is what kept us IN the Cotulla game...our O was spuddering and not playing well at ALL. in all reality that game should have been 60-7 Ingleside. if it werent for our O turning over the ball....Cotulla's O would have only scored once on their own. the score did not reflect how that game went...how we managed over 40 points i'll NEVER know...... our offense looked pathetic. [shakes head] fumbles, fumbles fumbles. Cotulla's first 3 scores came off of IHS turnovers on their own 20 or closer. :mad:

sinton66
11-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Okay, but Port Isabel isn't Cotulla. That's my point. You can easily expect this game to be twice as tough as the last one.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Okay, but Port Isabel isn't Cotulla. That's my point. You can easily expect this game to be twice as tough as the last one. oh i agree totally...but some of you guys seem to base your predictions on "well so-and-so scored this many and let this many be scored on them" and if P.I. were to use this last Mustang performance as a measuring stick...theyd be WAY under-estimating the Mustangs. they played HORRIBLE, and were off all game, Ingleside should have DOMINATED Cotulla....from what i saw...Cotulla would have gotten beat by ANY team from 30-3A, they were SLOW SLOW SLOW.

sinton66
11-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Best of luck to both teams for an injury free game. Whoever wins will need everybody you have for the next two. It only gets tougher from here.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Best of luck to both teams for an injury free game. Whoever wins will need everybody you have for the next two. It only gets tougher from here. Thanks 66. yup...cause SOMEWHERE up that playoff trail sits teams such as Liberty Hill. :eek:

footballgal
11-14-2004, 06:51 PM
A good defense would have stopped the other team from scoring even in the red zone, especially if they are slow, slow, slow. Maybe even a couple of goal line stances!

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 06:56 PM
A good defense would have stopped the other team from scoring even in the red zone, especially if they are slow, slow, slow. Maybe even a couple of goal line stances! our D is our weak link......ive never denied that.... sometimes they show up...sometimes they dont, where as...this was the first game that our OFFENSE didnt really show up. i think the cold may have gotten to them a little bit. it was one chilly mofo up there in San Antone on friday!

SintonFan
11-14-2004, 07:25 PM
IHStangFan, I saw PI take on Rice last year in a thriller(25 OT's) last year. They are really good and very, very well coached. Lots of talent has come out of PI. I know you know this. This team(PI) should remind you of a slightly smaller but faster version of Zapata. Like you said, if your team puts in the same performance as last week...
Let's hope that doesn't happen. Good luck to both teams! I hope everyone plays lights out.
:clap:
I'm having trouble deciding who to root for.:confused:

footballgal
11-14-2004, 07:27 PM
No pressure SintonFan, but I though you were my buddy??:(

j/k:D Root at will! :)

sinton66
11-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
our D is our weak link......ive never denied that.... sometimes they show up...sometimes they dont, where as...this was the first game that our OFFENSE didnt really show up. i think the cold may have gotten to them a little bit. it was one chilly mofo up there in San Antone on friday!

Lets ease up on the language just a tad there, buddy. Bound to be other ways to get your point across, no?;)

SintonFan
11-14-2004, 07:29 PM
No pressure SintonFan, but I though you were my buddy??:(

j/k:D Root at will! :)
Yeah we're buddys but dagnabit Ingleside is from 30-3A!
My predicament.....:doh:

footballgal
11-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Yeah we're buddys but dagnabit Ingleside is from 30-3A!
My predicament.....:doh:

And you called me a homer for dist 29, but I went with Sinton because .... will I am not an idiot.:D

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Lets ease up on the language just a tad there, buddy. Bound to be other ways to get your point across, no?;) ???? not sure how i offended....but i do apologize 66, was not my intended purpose.

sinton66
11-14-2004, 07:44 PM
check your pm, no biggie.

99IHSMustang
11-14-2004, 08:03 PM
I just want to see a great game played by both teams. If Ingleside plays like they did last weak against Cotulla it will be an ugly loss. On the other hand if Ingleside goes 100% and does not have any costly mistakes, win or lose, we will all know they played there best.

footballgal
11-14-2004, 08:29 PM
That's my biggest wish all the time, that as long as they play their best. Win or lose I will take it. Because there is nothing worse than not playing your game and you end up losing, then all the "what ifs" surface and it can be torturous.

big daddy russ
11-14-2004, 09:11 PM
A good defense would have stopped the other team from scoring even in the red zone, especially if they are slow, slow, slow. Maybe even a couple of goal line stances!
I saw a GREAT defense (number seven in the country last year in yards allowed... and they did that in the SEC of all conferences) give up a whopping 23 points last year to USC. That team had the talent to knock the Trojans out of the National Championship picture. They held USC's running backs to 3.0 yards per carry and eventual Heisman candidate Matt Leinart only passed for 192 yards. You know what's even more amazing than the fact that this team was absolutely loaded on defense, shut down the Trojans' offense and still gave up 23 points? The fact that the Auburn Tigers lost by a mark of 23-0 all because of turnovers and offensive miscues. The Tigers didn't deserve to win that game. Sound familiar?

Not even Port Isabel's defense (which, admittedly is better than Ingleside's) would've been able to hold a team under 17 points if four different drives started inside the 18. Eventually, that team will get 18 yards on one of those drives. Even the best defenses can't make up for that horrible of field position. They don't even have to get two first downs before they're in the endzone. That would've meant that Ingleside would have had to held Cotulla to under 100 total yards of offense. You can't realistically expect anyone to hold a team (especially a team in the playoffs) to under 100 yards of offense. It happens sometimes, but you can't expect it.

The Auburn defense held those USC backs to 3 yards per carry. That's amazing considering they averaged about 4.6 the rest of the season. But when you're that close to the goal line, those three yards are much bigger than they are at midfield. Every yard makes it that much easier to score... whether it's a touchdown or a field goal.

Are you going to the game, footballgal? If we do manage to make it down, I'd like to meet some of the Port I posters.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 09:14 PM
I saw a GREAT defense (number seven in the country last year in yards allowed... and they did that in the SEC of all conferences) give up a whopping 23 points last year to USC. That team had the talent to knock the Trojans out of the National Championship picture. They held USC's running backs to 3.0 yards per carry and eventual Heisman candidate Matt Leinart only passed for 192 yards. You know what's even more amazing than the fact that this team was absolutely loaded on defense, shut down the Trojans' offense and still gave up 23 points? The fact that the Auburn Tigers lost by a mark of 23-0 all because of turnovers and offensive miscues. The Tigers didn't deserve to win that game. Sound familiar?

Not even Port Isabel's defense (which, admittedly is better than Ingleside's) would've been able to hold a team under 17 points if four different drives started inside the 18. Eventually, that team will get 18 yards on one of those drives. Even the best defenses can't make up for that horrible of field position. They don't even have to get two first downs before they're in the endzone. That would've meant that Ingleside would have had to held Cotulla to under 100 total yards of offense. You can't realistically expect anyone to hold a team (especially a team in the playoffs) to under 100 yards of offense. It happens sometimes, but you can't expect it.

The Auburn defense held those USC backs to 3 yards per carry. That's amazing considering they averaged about 4.6 the rest of the season. But when you're that close to the goal line, those three yards are much bigger than they are at midfield. Every yard makes it that much easier to score... whether it's a touchdown or a field goal.

Are you going to the game, footballgal? If we do manage to make it down, I'd like to meet some of the Port I posters. if yall end up coming down Russ, we can all convoy down if you'd like? i think 99 is riding w/ me, and i'm gonna swing through Kingsville and pick up CJ as well i believe.

Tidal Wave
11-14-2004, 09:21 PM
I predict PI will win by 14+...all teams in playoffs play tough and you can't expect them to perform the same as they did in district, they only play tougher.However PI has homefield advantage and believe me Sams Stadium will be packed up to the limit on PI's side....if Ingleside thought that Sinton vs Ingleside was packed then they aint seen nothing yet.........also Sams Stadium is on Turf which means PI's D will only be faster putting more pressure on their Qb.....We'll see come friday night........PEACE

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
I predict PI will win by 14+...all teams in playoffs play tough and you can't expect them to perform the same as they did in district, they only play tougher.However PI has homefield advantage and believe me Sams Stadium will be packed up to the limit on PI's side....if Ingleside thought that Sinton vs Ingleside was packed then they aint seen nothing yet.........also Sams Stadium is on Turf which means PI's D will only be faster putting more pressure on their Qb.....We'll see come friday night........PEACE oh wow....its TURF?? thats WAY cool.

Tidal Wave
11-14-2004, 09:30 PM
yup sir

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 09:32 PM
yup sir great for speed...but not as forgiving when youre driven into it! i'm looking forward to seeing how P.I.'s speedy D matches up w/ Ingleside's speedy O. this one may get VERY interesting before its all said and done! the turf is definately going to play a factor!

Kool Tarpon 21
11-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Again...the Tarpons should take this game with no problem. Ingleside will put up a fight for a while, but the Tarpons will end up pulling away. I say the Tarpons will win by 21+. You can be certain that the stadium will be full. A lot of people from Brownsville should be going to this game because none of the Brownsville schools are left in the playoffs. Let me tell you something though. If you all want to find a parking space, you all should go early. It's hard to find a parking space when there's a football game. GOOD LUCK TARPONS!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21
Again...the Tarpons should take this game with no problem. Ingleside will put up a fight for a while, but the Tarpons will end up pulling away. I say the Tarpons will win by 21+. You can be certain that the stadium will be full. A lot of people from Brownsville should be going to this game because none of the Brownsville schools are left in the playoffs. Let me tell you something though. If you all want to find a parking space, you all should go early. It's hard to find a parking space when there's a football game. GOOD LUCK TARPONS!!! Peace up, A-Town down. yeah, i was going to ask about parking. as far as 21+ point victory margin for the Tarpons....i doubt it, but then again i could be wrong... i really hope not though..that'd be a boring game to watch...i wanna see a BATTLE!!

SintonFan
11-14-2004, 10:18 PM
I predict PI will win by 14+...all teams in playoffs play tough and you can't expect them to perform the same as they did in district, they only play tougher.However PI has homefield advantage and believe me Sams Stadium will be packed up to the limit on PI's side....if Ingleside thought that Sinton vs Ingleside was packed then they aint seen nothing yet.........also Sams Stadium is on Turf which means PI's D will only be faster putting more pressure on their Qb.....We'll see come friday night........PEACE
That turf should actually help both sides.:cool:
I hope both teams play great and have an injury-free game.:clap:

SinTon_Boi_32
11-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Ingelside-21,P-I-20

footballgal
11-14-2004, 10:36 PM
I think we should do a meet and greet, what do you'll think?

gobblerfan02
11-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by SinTon_Boi_32
Ingelside-21,P-I-20

I dont know how close the score will be, I will pick Ingleside with the supposedly upset. Don't know if a Stumbaugh team is worthy of #8 ranking, but I hope they prove me wrong, call me shallow, but I'm still upset with what PI did in the past!:mad:

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 10:39 PM
I think we should do a meet and greet, what do you'll think? heck if its as packed as yall sayits gonna be....i dont want to loose my seat!! maybe we should do one BEFORE the game?? as stated elsewhere...half the valley will be there most likely, as P.I. is the dominant valley team still left in the playoffs....correct?

footballgal
11-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
call me shallow, but I'm still upset with what PI did in the past!:mad:
and what was that??? You mean about the PI '94 upset over Cuero #1 ranked team????
If that's the case, you are shallow.:D j/k

footballgal
11-14-2004, 10:42 PM
heck if its as packed as yall sayits gonna be....i dont want to loose my seat!! maybe we should do one BEFORE the game?? as stated elsewhere...half the valley will be there most likely, as P.I. is the dominant valley team still left in the playoffs....correct?
just take a stadium seat/cushion and leave it there, while you go down, during the half.

No, maybe Brownsville people, but there still 5 other valley teams/ games and about 3-4 teams playing in the valley that night.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 10:43 PM
just take a stadium seat/cushion and leave, while you go down, during the half. well that might be do-able. i think myself and 99 are the only two DL Ingleside fans going to this one. Russ MIGHT go...but i'm willing to bet the drive might be a little much and he may stay home this weekend.....right Russ?? ;)

SintonFan
11-14-2004, 10:43 PM
As much as I'm a 30-3A homer, Ingleside shouldn't hold PI to less than 30...http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-063.gif

big daddy russ
11-14-2004, 10:48 PM
well that might be do-able. i think myself and 99 are the only two DL Ingleside fans going to this one. Russ MIGHT go...but i'm willing to bet the drive might be a little much and he may stay home this weekend.....right Russ?? ;)
I'm going to try. You know long drives don't scare me. I covered an Aransas Pass football game two years ago on a Friday night and then drove straight through the night to Auburn, Alabama to watch my Tigers play on Saturday. Didn't roll into Auburn until 5:30 pm, one hour before kickoff. If I can get my Suburban going, I just might do it.

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm going to try. You know long drives don't scare me. I covered an Aransas Pass football game two years ago on a Friday night and then drove straight through the night to Auburn, Alabama to watch my Tigers play on Saturday. Didn't roll into Auburn until 5:30 pm, one hour before kickoff. If I can get my Suburban going, I just might do it. ah dang...whats wrong w/ the luv macheen? how many miles you got on that ole girl anyway?? ya NEED to make Jerry cough up his keys and come on down w/ ya. i enjoy his company.

Tidal Wave
11-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Imma drive down to the valley to watch PI play Ingleside then drive back up on Saturday to watch Liberty Hill vs Yoakum @2 in New Braunfels and then finally come back to Seguin to watch Cuero play Wimberly.....CANT WAIT TILL THIS WEEKEND:D :D

big daddy russ
11-14-2004, 10:52 PM
ah dang...whats wrong w/ the luv macheen? how many miles you got on that ole girl anyway?? ya NEED to make Jerry cough up his keys and come on down w/ ya. i enjoy his company.
I think it's the linkage to the accelerator, but one of my buddies up here told me it might be the throttle body.:thinking: If I get a chance later in the week I'll get down into it and get it taken care of...

BTW... it now has 230k miles and the motor's still going strong. I love that thing.

footballgal
11-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Imma drive down to the valley to watch PI play Ingleside then drive back up on Saturday to watch Liberty Hill vs Yoakum @2 in New Braunfels and then finally come back to Seguin to watch Cuero play Wimberly.....CANT WAIT TILL THIS WEEKEND:D :D

Talk about a Road Trip! :D

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 10:56 PM
Imma drive down to the valley to watch PI play Ingleside then drive back up on Saturday to watch Liberty Hill vs Yoakum @2 in New Braunfels and then finally come back to Seguin to watch Cuero play Wimberly.....CANT WAIT TILL THIS WEEKEND:D :D DANG BOY!! i hope like heck you drive a Geo Metro!! anything else..and your wallet is gonna feel that!!

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 10:57 PM
I think it's the linkage to the accelerator, but one of my buddies up here told me it might be the throttle body.:thinking: If I get a chance later in the week I'll get down into it and get it taken care of...

BTW... it now has 230k miles and the motor's still going strong. I love that thing. ah well that aint worth a crap! hope ya get it figured out.

Tidal Wave
11-14-2004, 11:00 PM
HaHa nah my car is real good with gas mileage.....I always drive down to watch PI play from Seguin so its nothing new except instead of coming back on Sunday I'll come back on Saturday...Ive gotten used to all the driving and my friend KoolTarpon21 has gotten used to sitting on the passenger side since he cant drive standard haha....

PI 35
Ingleside 21

Liberty Hill 28
Yoakum 24

Cuero 21
Wimberly 14

IHStangFan
11-14-2004, 11:02 PM
dang! Seguin to P.I. every weekend? WOW. you guys goin to TLU??

Tidal Wave
11-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Yea we are here at TLU I think im going to transfer to Corpus next semester and then UT at Austin...But Seguin is cool because its in the middle of everything..haha...peace

Kool Tarpon 21
11-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Yeah, we are used to driving to Port Isabel every weekend. I don't know how to drive standard so I just sit on the passenger side.:D I can learn, but what for? Then we're gonna have to take turns driving and we don't want to do that.:D Tidal Wave's car is very good in gas mileage. It only takes 3 quarters of a tank to make it to Port Isabel and 3 quarters to make it back. That's not that bad. We will be watching a lot of football games this week. Can't wait to see all the teams play. I don't think that both sides of Sam's stadium will be full. I don't think that you all have to worry about losing your seats. Like I said before though, go early or you won't find a parking space. Peace up, A-Town down.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I dont know how close the score will be, I will pick Ingleside with the supposedly upset. Don't know if a Stumbaugh team is worthy of #8 ranking, but I hope they prove me wrong, call me shallow, but I'm still upset with what PI did in the past!:mad:

What? And you don't think we were upset for getting blown out of the water in Austin? LOL I was on BOTH of those teams, and that 1994 game was SWEET. Nov. 26th will be 10 years. damn

gobblerfan02
11-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
What? And you don't think we were upset for getting blown out of the water in Austin? LOL I was on BOTH of those teams, and that 1994 game was SWEET. Nov. 26th will be 10 years. damn

Dang, ya, I was also @ both of those games, and I remember them pretty well, even though I was only 10! Anywayz, in 1994, penetrations won the game, it was a GOOD win for PI, knocking out then #1 Cuero in Texas, who I believe were ranked nationally at #7! I remember that year because no 5A team in the state wanted to play us! What a shocker!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Kool Tarpon 21
11-15-2004, 12:39 PM
That's what Port Isabel is all about. We like to surprise people. What do you mean by Coach Stumbaugh not deserving the #8 team in state? He was coaching at Cuero. I think you must know that. I know that he deserves that and much more. Coach Stumbaugh is the best coach I've ever had. He has all my respect and will always do. He wasn't just a coach to us, he was more like a father-figure. He does a great job with everything. The Tarpons are going to win this game. I know that for a fact. Good luck Tarpons. Peace up, A-Town down.

honeymd
11-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Hey TarponFan, what's your problem with PI's coach?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by honeymd
Hey TarponFan, what's your problem with PI's coach?

TarponFan? You mean GobblerFan

Tidal Wave
11-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Friday needs to hurry up and get here...haha

Let the Tradition Continue.........Bring on the horsies:D :D

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Friday needs to hurry up and get here...haha

Let the Tradition Continue.........Bring on the horsies:D :D its on like Donkey Kong! ;)

congo
11-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Any word yet where the Hallettsville vs Brady game???? I'm curious because if its closer to me i'm heading to that game.....

Tidal Wave
11-15-2004, 02:30 PM
BATTLE OF THE BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Refsmake a bad call this is goin to be me in the stands :foul:

If you key on one player from PI then your going to get hurt:evilgrin:

The Mustangs be ready to drown under the might of the TidalWave offense and be ready feel the power of the Sea Wall Defense!!:evil:

big daddy russ
11-15-2004, 02:36 PM
The Mustangs be ready to drown under the might of the TidalWave offense and be ready feel the power of the Sea Wall Defense!!:evil: Will do.

IHStangFan
11-15-2004, 03:19 PM
BATTLE OF THE BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Refsmake a bad call this is goin to be me in the stands :foul:

If you key on one player from PI then your going to get hurt:evilgrin:

The Mustangs be ready to drown under the might of the TidalWave offense and be ready feel the power of the Sea Wall Defense!!:evil: those are pretty kick butt lookin uniforms.

honeymd
11-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Sorry TarponFan..Yea, I meant GobblerFan, what's your beef with Coach Stumbaugh?:confused:

footballgal
11-15-2004, 05:16 PM
those are pretty kick butt lookin uniforms.

Why cuz they look just like yours? Don't you'll have the same exact colors?:D

honeymd
11-15-2004, 05:42 PM
I think he's just kissing butt...LOL

honeymd
11-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Hey, now that we're on that subject...how come the Tarpons don't put their last names on the back of their jerseys like some schools do? At least they could put their numbers on the sides of the sleeves. I have trouble seeing who's who until they turn around!:cool:

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Hey, now that we're on that subject...how come the Tarpons don't put their last names on the back of their jerseys like some schools do? At least they could put their numbers on the sides of the sleeves. I have trouble seeing who's who until they turn around!:cool:

Well, now we know how to tell the diff. between Ingleside and PI. Ingleside has the player name on back.

Kinda irked me. Thought about having my son transfer so he could get his name on his shirt. j/k:rolleyes:

Other than that, I think they might be identical.:)

honeymd
11-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Well, I can tell you that having your name on the jersey doesn't make you play any better. We've stomped plenty of teams with 'em on there. It is cool though.

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Well, I can tell you that having your name on the jersey doesn't make you play any better. We've stomped plenty of teams with 'em on there. It is cool though.

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/phew.gif

Ha, I know. I was really just being sarcastic because the Ingleside QB transferred over there this year from Aransas Pass. :D

I can't help myself sometimes...;) :evillaugh :evillaugh

Ranger354
11-15-2004, 07:36 PM
I think Ingleside takes this one 8 to 5.

Those were some of the numbers I threw out of the hat when I was drawing numbers for the Sinton / Zapata game.

Good luck Stangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are NO Mules on your team!!!!

big daddy russ
11-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Thanks, ranger. Good luck to the Pirates. You guys represent 30-3A well every year. Hope we can do the same.

BlueCloud
11-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Well round 2 of the Texas HS football, PI vs. Ingleside.
In my opinion the Tarps should take this one by 14 pts.
If the Tarps play like their capable of playing they should put up about 35+ pts. They've got plenty of weapons to utilize, I think Ingleside will have a difficult time to keep up late in the game. From what I understand the Stangs are a 1st half team doing most of their scoring in the 1st half. If the SEAWALL can hold them to a low score in the 1st half, PI should take this one in the second half, and possibly pull away. If you are going to the game get there early, parking is horrible. Believe me you don't want to park in the hood:eek: LOL! Just kidding "Viva La Raza" Go Tarps!

Tidal Wave
11-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Go Tarpons!!Take care of Business!!

Tidal Wave
11-15-2004, 10:12 PM
http://www.geocities.com/sunstar2513007/Lightning02.gif

There's gonna be a storm when the Mustangs come and the Tarpons will be HUNGRY!!:evil:

GOFOR2
11-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Is the game gonna be played on Turf or Natural Grass?

SintonFan
11-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Is the game gonna be played on Turf or Natural Grass?
It's been said on this thread this game is on TURF....

Tidal Wave
11-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Yup Sams Stadium is a large stadium that is Turf...peace

Kool Tarpon 21
11-16-2004, 12:20 AM

I remember asking Coach Stumbaugh why we didn't have our names in the back. He said that because we're not playing for ourselves, that we're playing for the team. Having your name on the back, makes you more of an individual. That was his thought on that. He never let us put our names on the back of our jerseys. We even offered to pay it ourselves. Nope. He didn't allow us. But it's true, you don't need a name on the back of your jersey to play better. Anyways, I can't wait to watch the game on Friday. I just know the Tarpons will prevail. Good Luck Tarpons. Go get a horsey!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

Tidal Wave
11-16-2004, 12:28 AM
http://www.geocities.com/sunstar2513007/Lightning02.gifhttp://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/donderwolk.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/sunstar2513007/Lightning02.gif

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/bluemeaniefish.gifhttp://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/horserace.gif

Ingleside can't avoid the Storm the TARPONS are gonna bring:evilgrin:

honeymd
11-16-2004, 05:40 AM
That's a cute one Tidal Wave! There's no 2 ways about it...both teams play in the same weather, so don't blame it on that. Bring your best D or go home crying. A storm is coming and Tarpons have a feeding frenzy in the rain!!:D

I like Stumbaugh's reasoning for not putting names on the jerseys. I do wish he'd put the numbers on the sides of the sleeves though. Makes it easier to see who's doing what from the stands.

Good Luck Tarpons! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 07:32 AM
LOL...WOW...you Tarpon fans are some trash talkin dudes!! thats cool though.....i'm just ready for Friday!! whos goin to Mexico after the game?!?!? WOOHOOO!!!

honeymd
11-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Nah Stang, we're just having fun. Everyone knows that at this level anything can happen. I really hope that everyone just stays healthy so that regardless of the outcome the team that goes on can be "dealing with a full deck".:)

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Nah Stang, we're just having fun. Everyone knows that at this level anything can happen. I really hope that everyone just stays healthy so that regardless of the outcome the team that goes on can be "dealing with a full deck".:) yeah...i hear ya...and i'd really like to see a Reg.IV team in the championchip!!

honeymd
11-16-2004, 09:45 AM
I hear that too. We'll all be rooting for Region IV!

99IHSMustang
11-16-2004, 10:16 AM
I had a dream about the game last night. I dreamt that the game was being broadcast on one of the Fox Sports stations. I was flipping through something like 200 channels and was only able to get the half time score. PI was up 28 to 14. I then accidentally changed the channel and couldn't remember what channel it was on so I started going through all of the channels again. I finally got to the right channel and I heard the announcer say Ingleside was making a comeback and that it looked like they just might pull this one out. I didn't see a score I just assume it was tied and then I woke up. I wish I had seen the score before I woke up. I wonder... could this dream possibly forecast the type of game it could be. :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 10:21 AM
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/rofl-k2.gif

'99, you crack me up! This has got to be like a man's worst nightmare! 200 channels and can't find the one you want! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

99IHSMustang
11-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/rofl-k2.gif

'99, you crack me up! This has got to be like a man's worst nightmare! 200 channels and can't find the one you want! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Yeah, that is partly why the dream really upset me. I couldn't find the freakin game.

honeymd
11-16-2004, 10:57 AM
LOL that IS a nightmare! It's probably just anxiety over the game. ... with emphasis on GAME.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 11:01 AM
LOL that IS a nightmare! It's probably just anxiety over the game. ... with emphasis on GAME. we're men...that concept is harder for us to understand than it is for women i guess, LOL.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Hee hee .... I am still sitting at my desk laughing:doh: :doh: :doh: :D

chugbug
11-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Since the Rice Raiders are out of the playoffs I am going to pull for Port Isabel. Go Tarpons. I have to believe that Port Isabel will win this one by 3 tds.:eek: :eek: :flamingma :eek: :eek: :eek:

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
Since the Rice Raiders are out of the playoffs I am going to pull for Port Isabel. Go Tarpons. I have to believe that Port Isabel will win this one by 3 tds.:eek: :eek: :flamingma :eek: :eek: :eek: are you willing to place a friendly wager on that...perhaps something like big daddy russ had to do? maybe post a pic of IHS's QB in your sig line if P.I. doesnt win by 3 tds? :evillaugh

Kool Tarpon 21
11-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Yeah, we just like to talk about something, but we know that anything can happen in the playoffs. I just wish that everyone comes out of the game healthy. Good luck to both teams. I still gotta go with my Tarpons though. GO TARPONS!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey, I have something important to ask! Where did Tidal Wave get all of those neat cartoon images?:D

Nothing like dressing up your posts from time to time!;) :D :D :D

Kool Tarpon 21
11-16-2004, 01:15 PM
I think he just looked for them on the net. Just search for gifs and you should be able to find what you're looking for. Peace up, A-Town down.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 01:43 PM
yeah..some of you guys have some pretty cool cartoons and whatnot, LOL.

GOFOR2
11-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
It's been said on this thread this game is on TURF....

Has Ingleside ever played a game on Turf?

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Has Ingleside ever played a game on Turf?
Some of the kids on this team have. A couple years ago when Lewis was still HC, they scheduled a game up in Victoria against Sealy. Happened two years... of course we got slaughtered both times.

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Has Ingleside ever played a game on Turf? i was wondering what kinda impact this would have as well.

Tidal Wave
11-16-2004, 04:24 PM
Go TARPONS brand a horse...haha:D

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Go TARPONS brand a horse...haha:D come Friday the Tarpons will be....
http://home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/Funny%20Slam%20Pics/TankOwned1.jpg

OldSkool1
11-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Agreed, that the secondary can be suspicious on one side, but like Sinton Fan said, can Ingleside keep up? I don't think so. Although, I think a switch should be made, like Mark V, he has some serious speed, that could help out on that side. BTW, Lando did a great job @QB, the kid does a great job of running for us and I suspect will continue to do so, and has the ability to throw the ball well.

Even though the secondary on one side can be weak at times, the Tarpons will put too much pressure on the QB, that might make the difference and if he starts running, our speedy linebacker corp will run him down, Tarpons run defense is good, Tarpons will take this at home!
Go Tarpons Go! Let's get a Mustang.

Congrats LH Panthers Mom on your Panthers win!

If the secondary is weak on 1 side then PI may be in trouble..Webb is a good qb and I really thought he put the ball where only his receivers can only catch it...hmm...since im a district homer when it comes to the playoffs i say Ingleside...on a PI bad day

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks, oldskool... good luck to you guys.

honeymd
11-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Hey Stang, would you like to put a "little wager" on that like you told someone else? Say, put Tidal Wave's pictures under your name for a month?:D

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey Stang, would you like to put a "little wager" on that like you told someone else? Say, put Tidal Wave's pictures under your name for a month?:D can i keep my cowbell guy beside it? LOL.

honeymd
11-16-2004, 05:39 PM
No way Jose!~~ I'm just kidding man. I'm not one to come back and taunt you if your team doesn't win...unless I don't like you.:D

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:42 PM
No way Jose!~~ I'm just kidding man. I'm not one to come back and taunt you if your team doesn't win...unless I don't like you.:D ah well..you seem alright thus far....lets keep it that way...i kinda like ya :D

Ibleedblue
11-16-2004, 05:48 PM
GOOD luck to the TARPONS and the MUSTANGS ...
Be COOL stay in SCHOOL........
Win or loose congrats on your success.....
And may the BEST TEAM WIN......
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: let's go blue!!!

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Ibleedblue
GOOD luck to the TARPONS and the MUSTANGS ...
Be COOL stay in SCHOOL........
Win or loose congrats on your success.....
And may the BEST TEAM WIN......
:clap: :clap: let's go blue!!! wait.....WHICH blue?? ;)

Tidal Wave
11-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Well how bout you and me IhsStangFan?

Loser has to put

"Port Isabel is #1" for you if Ingleside loses.... or "Ingleside is #1" if the Tarpons lose but.............I can ASSURE you that I will NOT lose this bet so if you accept these terms then LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
:evil: :evilgrin: :evil:

Tidal Wave
11-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Oh yea I forgot....haha you cant take the phrase our of your signature until the start of next season...HAHA NOW lets see how much confidence you have in your mustangs....HAHAHA:mad:

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Well how bout you and me IhsStangFan?

Loser has to put

"Port Isabel is #1" for you if Ingleside loses.... or "Ingleside is #1" if the Tarpons lose but.............I can ASSURE you that I will NOT lose this bet so if you accept these terms then LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
:evil: :evilgrin: :evil: LOL...if Ingleside looses, i'm LIABLE to put that under my sig ANYWAY!! if it cant be MY RegIV team goin on....i'd just assume it be a NEIGHBORING RegIV school!! so sure...you got yourself a bet.

Tidal Wave
11-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Then in your words....."It's on like Donkey Kong!"

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Then in your words....."It's on like Donkey Kong!" you got it brotha!! [shake] if we loose...i'll cheer and pull for P.I. as far as they go...w/ Sig line on the board included.

PurpleHart
11-16-2004, 07:10 PM
That picture of number 1 standing over the LH player ..... know what number that was by chance?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Hmmm, I wanted to know that myself. It kind of looks like a 5, but can't tell for sure. :confused:

footballgal
11-16-2004, 07:22 PM
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/620/PI120403.jpg

This is the same picture just a little clearer. It appears to be either a 5 or even a 7. But thinking about it I remember this play, it was your QB so what number was he last year? .... my hubby is telling me this ended up as an imcomplete pass, it was batted out of bounce by a PI defender, if my hubby is not mistaken. But he's probably right, he's seen the game at least a dozen times. I will have ask him to watch it again and tell me what # it is for sure. :D

rhs78
11-16-2004, 07:31 PM
this well be a great game, both offenses can score,this one comes down to defense as usual, tarpons much better on D than Mustangs, plus PI will bring the whole town to the game, its almost a home field advantage for them each game. this game could go either wat but i'll go with defense and playoff exp. PI by 6, good luck to both teams stay injury free and have safe trip

Unblockability
11-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Go Tarpons.

By the way....nice PIC....Tidal Wave...:mad: :thinking: :clap: :D

Unblockability
11-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Hey in that pic with #1 and #89, #89 was a sophmore starting on defense. :D :D :D :eek: :clap: :D :D :D

Kool Tarpon 21
11-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Good Luck Tarpons. GO GET A MUSTANG!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

footballgal
11-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
Since the Rice Raiders are out of the playoffs I am going to pull for Port Isabel. Go Tarpons. I have to believe that Port Isabel will win this one by 3 tds.:eek: :eek: :flamingma :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks Chugbug! and to all the Rice Raiders Fans who are supporting the Tarpons! :)

PurpleHart
11-16-2004, 11:35 PM
It was a 5. It was Dexter Hanson our QB. Thanks. Great memories lol from my last game. That pic takes me back. Damn if we had just not fumbled on the 8 with 1st and Goal.... It probably wouldnt have mattered anyway we couldnt stop yall. The only people in three years that had over 150 yards rushing. Well forget it im rambling...need to study.

footballgal
11-17-2004, 12:05 AM
That's ok ramble on I don't mind ;)

honeymd
11-17-2004, 10:15 AM
#1 is Frankie Herrera. MVP for the valley last year and the same linebacker that will be in Ingleside's QB's face all night long in 2 days.

Another LH poster has a pic of the Panthers playing PI last year. Pretty cool too.

GO TARPONS!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

honeymd
11-17-2004, 10:17 AM
BTW, Stang you are a very very brave man.

99IHSMustang
11-17-2004, 10:19 AM
#1 is Frankie Herrera. MVP for the valley last year and the same linebacker that will be in Ingleside's QB's face all night long in 2 days.

Another LH poster has a pic of the Panthers playing PI last year. Pretty cool too.

GO TARPONS!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That is if he can catch him when he starts to scramble away! Ingleside's QB is pretty quick.

honeymd
11-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Oh, he can catch him alright. Herrera is very fast. I just hope he catches him every time..:eek:

honeymd
11-17-2004, 10:27 AM
OH the posters name is LHMom that has the LH/PI picture...just found it.

99IHSMustang
11-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Oh, he can catch him alright. Herrera is very fast. I just hope he catches him every time..:eek:

Well, it looks like the O will have to keep on eye on that guy then. :eek:

honeymd
11-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Yup, him and about 10 others! :D

99IHSMustang
11-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I just want it to be game day already.

Tidal Wave
11-17-2004, 11:09 AM
Yup me too..I can atest to Frankie Herrera being fast...he ran a 4.5 last year his junior year..our RB ran a 4.5 last year...our Qb ran a 4.5 last year......we got another Db that runs a 4.5.......and we got some pretty fast tightends and lineman.....should be a good game...peace

Kool Tarpon 21
11-17-2004, 01:28 PM
I can't wait for the game. I want to see how the Mustangs do against the Tarpons. Hope that the Tarpons come out to play though. I'm pretty sure they will. I'm just saying. There are some bets going on huh? Hahaha. I would take a bet.:D I guarantee that they'll be losing the bet though.;) The Tarpons are going to win this game. I know it. I'm psychic. LoL. Peace up, A-Town down.

IHStangFan
11-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
That is if he can catch him when he starts to scramble away! Ingleside's QB is pretty quick. Webb runs a 4.5 i believe, Stacy and Fenton are sub 4.5s and Adams is a 4.6 i believe, not sure of any of the others.....the thing about Webb is...not only is he a QB...hes also a LB...so i doubt he'll be too concernd when it comes to P.I.'s line backer...the first time Webb stiff arms him and runs him over i'm going to tear loose w/ the cowbell and point and laugh.

veer option
11-17-2004, 03:23 PM
IHS,

Where do you get your info from? Some of it is incorrect.

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by veer option
IHS,

Where do you get your info from? Some of it is incorrect.

I'm all for Ingleside doing well in the playoffs but those are inflated. Its like Cuero getting faster by the day. I do believe Fenton, Stacy and Webb can run, but they are not faster than 4.6

Kool Tarpon 21
11-17-2004, 03:48 PM
If they are not faster than a 4.6, then they have a big night ahead of them. A lot of the PI players are fast. I guess the turf is really going to help the Tarpons. Good luck to both teams. Peace up, A-Town down.

sinton fan04
11-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Kool Tarpon i have seen them play not fast enough to handle teams like PI not at that level yet. I'll post the stats from the sinton and ingleside game that way you have an idea what they do with teams at are level.:)

sinton fan04
11-17-2004, 04:20 PM
RUSHING - SINTON YDS ATT AVG LONG
Travis Franco 173 15 11.53 -
Travis Franco 173 15 11.53 -
Daniel Ramirez 109 18 6.06 -
Zach Collins 71 6 11.83 -
Josh Ring 17 3 5.67 -
Isaac Rendon 16 3 5.33 -

RUSHING - INGLESIDE YDS ATT AVG LONG
Randy Webb 22 13 1.69 -
Michael Fenton 13 4 3.25 -
Zach Adams 13 1 13.00 -
Brandon Stacy 10 7 1.43 -
Brannon Lyman 1 2 0.50 -

sinton fan04
11-17-2004, 04:22 PM
RECEIVING - SINTON YDS NUM AVG LONG
James Villarreal 66 1 66.00 -
Travis Franco 45 2 22.50 -
Stephen Burk 23 2 11.50 -
Jordan Lamb 16 3 5.33 -
Zach Collins 7 1 7.00 -

RECEIVING - INGLESIDE YDS NUM AVG LONG
Zach Adams 55 2 27.50 -
Michael Fenton 38 1 38.00 -
Joel Johnson 27 3 9.00 -
Brandon Stacy -12 1 -12.00 -

PASSING - SINTON YDS C A AVG INT L TD
Daniel Ramirez 157 9 14 17.44 1 - -
Travis Franco 45 2 - 22.50 - - -

PASSING - INGLESIDE YDS C A AVG INT L TD
Randy Webb 168 7 17 24.00 1 - -

99IHSMustang
11-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Kool Tarpon i have seen them play not fast enough to handle teams like PI not at that level yet. I'll post the stats from the sinton and ingleside game that way you have an idea what they do with teams at are level.:)

Whoop D Doooo!!!! :rolleyes:

Kool Tarpon 21
11-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks SintonFan04. I now have an idea. If they can't stop the run, they're going to have a long night ahead of them. The Tarpons run the ball and they're pretty fast. I wish them both the best of luck. Peace up, A-Town down.

big daddy russ
11-17-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm all for Ingleside doing well in the playoffs but those are inflated. Its like Cuero getting faster by the day. I do believe Fenton, Stacy and Webb can run, but they are not faster than 4.6
I can GUARANTEE that Fenton runs a 4.5. I won't speak for anyone else, though.

Kool Tarpon 21
11-17-2004, 06:22 PM
How many of the guys run under a 4.6? I know Port Isabel has plenty. Peace up, A-Town down.

big daddy russ
11-17-2004, 06:27 PM
...Peace up, A-Town down.
What does this mean?

big daddy russ
11-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Oh, and if I had to guess just from watching them I'd say that Adams, Fenton, Stacy and Webb all run 4.6's. We might have a couple of 4.7's, but I'm not very well-informed on this year's team.

Kool Tarpon 21
11-17-2004, 06:30 PM
It's a quote from Usher. He uses it to represent Atlanta. I'm a big Michael Vick / DeAngelo Hall fan. I support the Falcons. I stole his quote and use it to represent the Atlanta Falcons. Peace up, A-Town down.

big daddy russ
11-17-2004, 06:41 PM
It's a quote from Usher. He uses it to represent Atlanta. I'm a big Michael Vick / DeAngelo Hall fan. I support the Falcons. I stole his quote and use it to represent the Atlanta Falcons. Peace up, A-Town down. Gotcha...

I talked to a buddy from Aransas Pass just now (Webb transferred from there) who said that Webb broke a 4.5 a couple of times over there. All hearsay, but I don't doubt it at all. He's not as quick as Stacy, but he's elusive and he's a very strong runner. More than anything, it's Webb's top end that makes the difference. Him and Fenton have that sixth gear that only a few high school players have. If they break free and hit that gear you'll see their true speed, but with Webb it's only IF he breaks away. If he could accelerate like Stacy he'd be a 4.4.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Ingleside folks, I've not seen your team play, but after last year's game against PI, I have to wish ya'll the best of luck. May the best team win & I hope for no injuries. (At least not any bad injuries....j/k :D )

big daddy russ
11-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks, LHPantherMom. Same to you.

honeymd
11-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Just not any bad injuries? hmm...:thinking:

Hey Stang, you really take a cowbell to the games? Is that you in the picture with the cowbell?:D

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Just not any bad injuries? hmm...:thinking:

Hey Stang, you really take a cowbell to the games? Is that you in the picture with the cowbell?:D

Other than the typical bumps & bruises they get this late in the year. :)

SintonFan
11-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Compared to last year's team. How does this Tarpon Team compare?
I'd like to hear this from PI friends and others if possible.:)

footballgal
11-17-2004, 09:17 PM
OVERALL they are better than the '03 team. Let's say, where we lost one player from '03, we gained a couple to replace them. ;) For example we lost some extraordinary speed (Missile & Joe A) but we have overall more players with very good speed and quickness.

Kool Tarpon 21
11-17-2004, 09:24 PM
In stats, they are better than us. We started slow last year and had a reality check in the middle of the season against Lyford. Then we just came together and started playing to our full potential. It looks like this year's team already did that since they lost to Los Fresnos. I wouldn't know what else to tell you because my opinion would be biased. The Tarpons are in the playoffs right now and they're about to make another run. Good Luck Tarpons. Peace up, A-Town down.

SintonFan
11-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks for yalls responses.:cool:

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 10:55 PM
In stats, they are better than us. We started slow last year and had a reality check in the middle of the season against Lyford. Then we just came together and started playing to our full potential. It looks like this year's team already did that since they lost to Los Fresnos. I wouldn't know what else to tell you because my opinion would be biased. The Tarpons are in the playoffs right now and they're about to make another run. Good Luck Tarpons. Peace up, A-Town down.

You dont have to explain, the closer you get to the playoffs, the more tradition plays into the equation, and with PI's tradition its no wonder why they turn up the intensity later in the year. Pre-district records dont matter, you know that.

PPHSfan
11-17-2004, 11:15 PM
What poll has PI ranked number 8?:eek:

footballgal
11-17-2004, 11:15 PM
The worst one of them all, the AP

honeymd
11-18-2004, 07:23 AM
The Tarpons have never given much weight to rankings. This year is no exception.:rolleyes:

footballgal
11-18-2004, 09:00 AM
The Tarpons have never given much weight to rankings. This year is no exception.:rolleyes:

Exactly my point.

footballgal
11-18-2004, 09:03 AM
http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/print.php?id=62297_0_9_0

Postseason Test

Tarpons preparing for Ingleside’s big-play offense

By ROY HESS
The Brownsville Herald

PORT ISABEL, November 18, 2004 — The Port Isabel Tarpons always seem to thrive on big challenges in the state playoffs.

PI’s latest important postseason test comes Friday when the Ingleside Mustangs confront the Tarpons at 7:30 p.m. at Brownsville’s Sams Memorial Stadium in the area round of the Class 3A Division II playoffs.

"We’ll just have to step up a little bit more," said Sergio "Chino" Lopez, the Tarpons’ senior free safety.

The District 30-3A champion Mustangs (9-2) field a potent offense that operates out of the shotgun formation most of the time. They pose a different type of challenge than what the District 32-3A champion Tarpons (10-1) usually have encountered in games this season against teams that primarily rush the ball. Ingleside likes to pass it and has enjoyed plenty of success in dominating its opponents via the airways.

That’s why the Tarpons placed an added emphasis upon playing strong defense against the pass this week in practice. The PI secondary figures to face its toughest challenge of the season on Friday.

The fact that PI gave up a couple of long pass plays to Orange Grove in last Friday’s 48-21 bi-district victory added to the Tarpons’ determination in this week’s preparations for Ingleside’s aerial attack.

"They (Mustangs) have a big-play offense and we can’t let them do that," said Lando Ochoa, the Tarpons’ two-way senior starter at quarterback and right cornerback. "They pretty much thrive on big plays from what I’ve seen (on film).

"If we shut them down early, hopefully we can come out with a victory," he added. "We can’t let them complete any deep balls on us or anything like that. We have to keep our heads focused and be ready to go out and play hard. (Defensive pass) coverage is going to be very important."

Ochoa, a 6-foot-2, 185-pound three-year starter, was one of two returning starters in the defensive secondary for the Tarpons this season. The other was senior running back-free safety Johnny "Nitro" Nieto (5-9, 165). However, Nieto missed an ample portion of the regular season with a leg injury and has hardly played much on defense.

The secondary newcomers have blended in well while receiving some on-the-job experience in the Tarpons’ starting lineup, Ochoa said.

"It’s been like a winding road — we’ve been on and off sometimes," Ochoa said of the secondary’s performance. "We’ve had some good games and sometimes we haven’t because it’s a young secondary. Most of the guys hadn’t played a varsity game until this year, but we’re really coming around, and hopefully we’ll do well on Friday."

Starting opposite Ochoa at left cornerback is P.J. Ramos (sr., 5-11, 164). Butch Martinez (sr., 5-11, 165) and Carr Grienier (jr., 5-11, 160) split time at rover, while Nieto and Lopez (sr., 6-1, 175) are scheduled to alternate at free safety.

"We’ve seen what Ingleside does out of the shotgun formation before," PI head coach Monty Stumbaugh said. "Covering it, of course, is another thing, but it’s nothing we aren’t familiar with. They do have a good passing attack and we’ve got to be aware of it. It will be a challenge for our whole defense.

"We’ve got to slow those (Ingleside) guys down," Stumbaugh added. "It’s a challenge for our kids and we feel that they’ll step up and meet it."

Through 11 games, the Tarpons are allowing an average of 192 yards per game. That figure breaks down to an average of 128 yards rushing and 64 yards passing.

The Tarpons’ "Seawall Defense" is giving up 11.0 points per game.

"The Orange Grove game was kind of like a wake-up call for us," Ramos said. "We know we have to be ready to play harder this week. We’ve been practicing pretty good this week, so I think we’ll do well.

"As long as we keep performing the right way, I think we can go far," he added.

On the season, the Tarpons have made 19 interceptions, logging pickoffs in just about every one of their 11 games. Ramos leads the way with six picks, including one that he returned 50 yards for a touchdown against Progreso. He also intercepted a two-point conversion pass against Monterrey Tech and returned it 102 yards to the opposite end zone. He also has made 35 tackles on the season.

Ochoa has 20 tackles and four interceptions to his credit, while Grienier has made 37 tackles with three interceptions. Lopez has logged 75 tackles and three pickoffs, while Martinez and Nieto have made 34 and 23 tackles, respectively.

"We’ve been practicing a lot on our coverages and things this week because they (Mustangs) have some trick plays, so we’ll have to be alert," Grienier said. "The most important thing we know is they pass a lot. The last time we faced a team that uses the shotgun (formation) like Ingleside was Los Fresnos (a 16-13 loss in overtime in PI’s season opener). If we execute and communicate with each other like we’re supposed to, we should be OK.

"Ingleside is a real good team, but I think we’re better," he added.

The Tarpons are attempting to duplicate or surpass last year’s 10-4 finish when PI reached the state semifinals.

"Last year we had a pretty good team and this year can be a great team if we stick together and play as a team," Martinez said.

rhess@brownsvilleherald.com

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/images/uploads/11-18_PORTISABEL.jpg

SINTON81
11-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Good article, one problem. Ingleside is not the 30-3A District Champ, Sinton is. Brownsville Herald needs to get their facts straight

footballgal
11-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Really there not ? Who was ? yeah they need to get it straight; why don' t you email them and tell them.:D

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2004, 09:16 AM
Ingleside was second in district 30.

SINTON81
11-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Really there not ? Who was ? yeah they need to get it straight; why don' t you email them and tell them.:D

I don't know, if they get mad they might come after me. You know, hurt my family and all.:D :D

footballgal
11-18-2004, 09:21 AM
LOL, you obviously have no seen all the public emails on the net they get. Do it don't be skeeered.:D

SINTON81
11-18-2004, 09:27 AM
LOL, you obviously have no seen all the public emails on the net they get. Do it don't be skeeered.:D

First I need to take out a life insurance policy on my other half with me as the beneficiary. Might as well profit a little.:D :D

honeymd
11-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Ouch! LOL:eek:

99IHSMustang
11-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Is anyone going to be able to post up to date scores for those who can't make it to this game?

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 12:05 PM
let me go ahead and make it easy for you and post the final now, 34-22.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2004, 12:10 PM
let me go ahead and make it easy for you and post the final now, 34-22.

Okay, but who ends up with 34 or do we need to wait to find out? :D

11TARPON
11-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Let's just use some deduction from that posting. GoFor2 is from the coastal bend (Corpus Christi area) and probably a fan of Ingleside. Being a fan of Ingleside GoFor2 would of proudly said Ingleside 34-20.

99IHSMustang
11-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Let's just use some deduction from that posting. GoFor2 is from the coastal bend (Corpus Christi area) and probably a fan of Ingleside. Being a fan of Ingleside GoFor2 would of proudly said Ingleside 34-20.

All I asked is a simple question and it turns into this, GEEEZ! :rolleyes:

honeymd
11-18-2004, 12:38 PM
It's very scary isn't it?

Where's Stang & his cowbell? I WANT MORE COWBELL! lol

Mom, the higher score will be PI. That is, unless they just don't show up to play.:mad:

99IHSMustang
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
It's very scary isn't it?

Where's Stang & his cowbell? I WANT MORE COWBELL! lol

Mom, the higher score will be PI. That is, unless they just don't show up to play.:mad:

I don't know, but we need more cowbell.

honeymd
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
LOL IHS. The word "score" creates much anxiety 'round this place.

honeymd
11-18-2004, 12:43 PM
I bet he's driving to the game a day early to check in to some snazzy hotel. Or maybe he got stuck in this terrible fog on his way to work and had to stop & direct traffic with his cowbell.:D

footballgal
11-18-2004, 12:46 PM
yes ! I need to hear more cowbell!!!

99IHSMustang
11-18-2004, 12:50 PM
I bet he's driving to the game a day early to check in to some snazzy hotel. Or maybe he got stuck in this terrible fog on his way to work and had to stop & direct traffic with his cowbell.:D

Hmmm :thinking: If someone is shaking there cowbell and no ones around to hear it?..... Is it really making any noise at all.

honeymd
11-18-2004, 12:52 PM
LOL, I think so. Can't you almost hear it now? I bet Stang would be flattered to know we miss him so much...:crying:

honeymd
11-18-2004, 12:54 PM
The only cowbell I can hear right now though is the dinner bell...gotta go to lunch. Catcha soon.

Kool Tarpon 21
11-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Oops. I didn't notice that someone had already posted it. My bad. Peace up, A-Town down.

Kool Tarpon 21
11-18-2004, 01:13 PM
I would be able to post at the game because I have a laptop, but I can't because I don't have wireless internet. If I could find a phone line, I would:D . Anyways, let me post the final score...

Port Isabel Tarpons - 42
Ingleside Mustangs - 21

Peace up, A-Town down.:D

Tidal Wave
11-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Tommorrow is the big day.....PI is gonna be sooo loud IHSStangFan wont be able to hear his Cowbell ...haha......BRINT IT ON HORSIES!!!!!!!!!!THE TARPONS ARE HUNGRY!!!

Kool Tarpon 21
11-18-2004, 01:45 PM
LoL. How ironic, a Tarpon is going to eat a horse. LoL. Peace up, A-Town down.

99IHSMustang
11-18-2004, 02:39 PM
I would be able to post at the game because I have a laptop, but I can't because I don't have wireless internet. If I could find a phone line, I would:D . Anyways, let me post the final score...

Port Isabel Tarpons - 42
Ingleside Mustangs - 21

:rolleyes:

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 02:47 PM

Port Isabel Tarpons - 42
Ingleside Mustangs - 21

Ingleside is not good at PAT, only go for two, so maybe 42-22.

Kool Tarpon 21
11-18-2004, 02:49 PM
:D

honeymd
11-18-2004, 02:50 PM

honeymd
11-18-2004, 02:51 PM
LMAO Missile!!!HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. We did the same thing at the same time! Talk about being on the same page.HAAAA

footballgal
11-18-2004, 02:54 PM
.....PI is gonna be sooo loud IHSStangFan wont be able to hear his Cowbell ...haha......

honeymd
11-18-2004, 02:57 PM
:D :D :D

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 02:58 PM

Where is IHStang?

honeymd
11-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Sick with worry?:(

footballgal
11-18-2004, 03:01 PM
I don't know, but I am starting to worry; :confused: because he is always on, he is a computer IT person or something. ... But maybe just mabye .... his actually working.. ;)

AP Panther Fan
11-18-2004, 03:20 PM
I don't know, but I am starting to worry; :confused: because he is always on, he is a computer IT person or something. ... But maybe just mabye .... his actually working.. ;)

nahhhhh, probably not.:D

Kool Tarpon 21
11-18-2004, 03:27 PM
LMAO Missile!!!HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. We did the same thing at the same time! Talk about being on the same page.HAAAA

You know what they say, great minds think alike. :D Peace up, A-Town down.

honeymd
11-18-2004, 04:03 PM
10-4 bro'!:D

Kool Tarpon 21
11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Yup. Well, it getting closer to tomorrow and I can't wait. I want to go to the game already. Sitting in the car for four hours and a half is not bad when you know you're going to watch the Tarpons. Good Luck to guys tomorrow. GET A MUSTANG!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

Tidal Wave
11-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Damn I cant wait till 7:30 at Sams Stadium in a sea of Blue and White.........should be a good game...To all Ingleside fans and players, I hope yall have a safe trip down here..may we have a game free of injuries..may the best team win....:D

Kool Tarpon 21
11-18-2004, 08:38 PM
By the best team you mean Port Isabel? ;) Peace up, A-Town down.

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Good Luck PI, t.c.o.b.

big daddy russ
11-19-2004, 01:48 AM
...Sams Stadium in a sea of Blue and White... Yes it will be.

District303aPastPlayer
11-19-2004, 02:34 AM
the team with the blue wins this game :D

honeymd
11-19-2004, 06:34 AM
t.c.o.b.?:confused:

99IHSMustang
11-19-2004, 08:14 AM
t.c.o.b.?:confused:

Take Care of Business

Kool Tarpon 21
11-19-2004, 08:50 AM
TGIF...IT'S TARPON TIME!!! LET'S GO TARPONS. LET'S GET A MUSTANG!!! GOOD LUCK TODAY. PEACE UP, A-TOWN DOWN.

footballgal
11-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Tarpon Time

Port Isabel clashes with Ingleside tonight at Sams
http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/images/uploads/PINIETO11-19.jpg
By MIKE GONZALEZ
The Brownsville Herald

PORT ISABEL, November 19, 2004 — It’s the same old song at the town by the coast.

For many years, Port Isabel has thrived as a team that makes a run to the Class 3A state title and this year is no exception. The Tarpons have come close to the elite prize, including last year when they were one game away from playing for the championship. For now, it’s one game down and five to go.

Tonight, the Tarpons battle the Ingleside Mustangs in the area round of the Class 3A Division II playoffs at 7:30 at Sams Memorial Stadium.

Port Isabel (10-1) looked as good as it has all season in its 48-21 bi-district victory last week over Orange Grove. Except for a few big plays on defense, the Tarpons looked like a team to be reckoned with again in the playoffs. A big plus for Port Isabel is that the players are as healthy as they’ve been since the season began. Star running back Johnny “Nitro” Nieto has pretty much recovered from a deep calf bruise and said this is the best he’s felt since the injury.

“It (calf bruise) felt a lot better (after the Orange Grove game),” Nieto said. “I didn’t feel pain at all.”

Nitro rushed for 77 yards on 14 carries against the Bulldogs. Although Orange Grove held Nieto under 100 yards, other ball carriers stepped up, including quarterback Lando Ochoa. The signal caller rushed for a game-high 174 yards and four touchdowns. Ochoa leads the team with 1,094 yards rushing with 18 touchdowns, averaging 10 yards a carry. The depth of Ralph Valdez, Marky Villarreal, Oscar Grisham, Frankie Espinosa and Frankie Herrera only make the Tarpons a bigger force to stop. Villarreal scampered for 95 yards on only four carries and scored once along with Valdez, who had 64 yards on three carries.

“If one of us goes down, one of them has to step up,” Nieto said. “It’s hard to just key on one guy. They have to key on all of us.”

Port Isabel head coach Monty Stumbaugh, who has a career playoff record of 8-3 with PI, sees the depth as a blessing for the squad.

“It’s been big for us,” Stumbaugh said. “We like to run the ball, there’s nothing secret about it. When Johnny went down, we’ve been able to enforce new guys. We need guys that can run and guys that can block.”

And if they’re forced to throw, they will. The Tarpons proved they can air it out as well. On one play last week, Ochoa found wide receiver Butch Martinez for a 55-yard touchdown in the second quarter that opened the game up.

“Ochoa has really come on,” Stumbaugh said. “He’s a competitor. He’s done an excellent job for us.”

The Seawall Defense has its biggest test yet facing an Ingleside team that has a pretty flashy offense. Like PI, Ingleside (9-2) has a dangerous quarterback in Randy Webb, who stands off the shotgun of most plays. He can hurt defenses both on the run and with his arm. Webb rushed for 124 yards and threw for 152 more in the Mustangs’ 41-27 win over Cotulla last week.

Herrera, who leads the team with 96 tackles at linebacker, said the adjustments have been made in the secondary.

“We really worked on it this week,” he said. “We took it a lot more serious. I know they’re going to step it up.”

In the backfield, Brandon Stacy gets the bulk of the carries. Along with Webb, Stacy was solid against Cotulla. as he rushed for 125 yards with two touchdowns, one rushing and one receiving.

“They have a good quarterback and running back,” Herrera said. “We just need to work on containing them.”

Last week, hard-hitting Herrera, along with Valdez, Abel Woods and Esteban Delgadillo, combined for 40 tackles. Woods had three of the five sacks as Orange Grove quarterback Roel Alaniz saw a lot of dark blue jerseys throughout the night.

“We know it’s the playoffs,” Herrera said. “We had to pick it up a notch higher and last week was the first step.”

“They are a big play team that score on big plays,” Stumbaugh added. “I haven’t seen anybody catch them yet. I assume they’re pretty fast.”

The winner of tonight’s game will face the winner of Hallettsville-Brady contest next week in the regional round.

honeymd
11-19-2004, 10:21 AM
I'll have to agree with District303 on this one...the team in blue will win. I'm certain of this one now!

Thanks for the clarification IHS. I didn't think it had anything to do with bringing your own booze.:smoker:

99IHSMustang
11-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Nice article

Here is one from www.caller.com

Mustangs need big offense
By Javier Becerra Caller-Times
November 18, 2004

DIVISION II
Ingleside vs. Port Isabel
Records: Ingleside 9-2, Port Isabel 10-1
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Brownsville

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGLESIDE VS. PORT ISABEL
Top Rushers
Ingleside — Randy Webb, 152 carries for 1,327 yards and 17 TDs
Port Isabel — Orlando Ochoa, 109 carries for 1,094 and 18 TDs
Top Passers
Ingleside — Randy Webb, 91 of 181 for 1,459 yards and 11 TDs
Port Isabel — Orlando Ochoa, 33 of 81 for 604 yards and seven TDs
Top Receivers
Ingleside — Zach Adams, 26 catches for 581 yards and seven TDs
Port Isabel — Butch Martinez, 10 catches for 213 yards and four TDs

First-year Ingleside football coach Graig Hesseltine never expected the team's first trip to the postseason in nearly a decade to be easy.

The Mustangs opened the first round on the road against Cotulla in San Antonio and must now prepare for a 180-mile trip to Brownsville to face No. 8 Port Isabel in the Class 3A Division II area playoffs.

To have to play so far away from home isn't much of problem, however.

"We haven't lost on the road this season, so that's the way we look at it," Hesseltine said. "Our only two losses were at home. We don't mind wearing the white jerseys."

Although Ingleside (9-2) is giving up 22 points per game on the road, the Mustangs are scoring an average of 44. The offense has scored at least 41 points in five of the team's six road games, including last week's victory over Cotulla.

Hesseltine said it's going to take yet another high-scoring effort for Ingleside to get past the 10-1 Tarpons.

"We're going to have to put some points on the board, no doubt," he said. "That's been the key to our game all year. We just have to find a way to contain them."

Beginning with Port Isabel senior Orlando Ochoa.

The quarterback has carried 109 times for 1,094 yards and 18 touchdowns and passed for 604 yards and seven scores. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound Ochoa rushed for 172 yards and four touchdowns last week to lead the Tarpons to a 48-21 win over Orange Grove.

Working behind a six-man front averaging 235 pounds, Ochoa has had plenty of room to maneuver.

"Ochoa is their best athlete, so we have to really focus on stopping him," Hesseltine said. "He's a tall kid and tough to tackle. They're also pretty big up front and do move you off the line."

The Mustangs have had just as much success offensively with senior Randy Webb under center.

A transfer from Aransas Pass, Webb has rushed for 1,327 yards and 17 touchdowns and passed for 1,459 yards and 11 scores. The Mustangs are averaging 408 total yards per game and have yet to score fewer than 20 points in a game this season.

Despite a rushing average of 250 yards per game, Hesseltine said Ingleside is likely to take to the air against Port Isabel.

"We feel that if there is a weakness on defense, that's it," he said. "Their pass coverage is good, but not great. They gave up some points to Orange Grove when they went to a spread formation, and that's what we run. We're going to try to exploit that and figure out some ways to score points."

This season marks only the second time in 40 years that Ingleside has been to the playoffs. It's also the first since 1995, when the Mustangs made it three rounds before losing to Cuero.

Port Isabel, meanwhile, is in the playoffs for the 14th time in the past 15 years. Tarpons coach Marty Stumbaugh said Ingleside's lack of postseason experience means little.

"They're 9-2 for a reason and I'm sure they're sky high," Stumbaugh said. "That's a heck of a deal. It tells you what kind of a job they're doing there. It's supposed to be about fun, and right now they're rolling and playing good football."

Kool Tarpon 21
11-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Nice article. They got one thing all wrong. If they think Lando is PI's best athlete, they have a long night ahead of them. Good luck to the Mustangs. I hope you all have a safe trip to and from the game. Let's Go Tarpons!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

footballgal
11-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Nice Article
Ditto Missile! I was thinking the exact same thing.

Go Johnny Go!!! ;)
http://img62.exs.cx/img62/3674/G0JohnnyGO.jpg

pirate4state
11-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Great articles!! Wish I could watch this game, but I gotta watch my Pirates play tonight.

Here's to the BLUE team!! :D

I know I'm supposed to root for our district, but since I've been on the DL -- I've gotten to "know" and root for PI (well except that time we played each other in baseball :D ) so I'm in a bit of a quandary. LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!

:cheerl: GO MUSTANGS!!! :cheerl:
:cheerl: GO PORT ISABEL!! :cheerl:

Please drive safely and buckle up!!

GO TARPONS >>> :D :D

AP Panther Fan
11-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Good articles! I think it will definitely be a close game.:thumbsup:

You know .... I am worried about IHS. For him to be quiet this long is just not like him! Something is up .... have any of the Ingleside posters heard from him?:confused:

footballgal
11-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I hope nothing is wrong, does anyone know how to get a hold of him personally?

AP Panther Fan
11-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I know his home number, but not work......

Think I would be invading his privacy too much if I called?

Kool Tarpon 21
11-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah, since we've been on the DL we've been rooting for Sinton too. Thanks. Good luck to everyone that plays tonight. Oh yeah, I had to use Johnny's pic too. GO TARPONS!!! Peace up, A-Town down.

pirate4state
11-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You know .... I am worried about IHS. For him to be quiet this long is just not like him! Something is up .... have any of the Ingleside posters heard from him?:confused: Thinking the same thing this morning when I didn't see him logged on. :confused: Hope he is okay...maybe Russ knows how to get a hold of him. :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
11-19-2004, 10:53 AM
If Russ was online, I would try to talk him into calling!

I don't want to act like his mother or something .... you know, calling to make him report in!:D

turbostud
11-19-2004, 10:55 AM
I dont know their names but #2 and #4 are great athletes. #44 likes to hit especially on kickoffs. PI is big and strong. The Orange Grove QB got up hurting a few times during lasts weeks game and he was fast on his feet. If PI gets to the Ingleside QB this game wont be close.

big daddy russ
11-19-2004, 11:11 AM
I'll give him a call later on tonight. Since I won't be able to make it to the game:( , I'm going to get him to call me with updates. When I talk to him, I'll let you know.