PDA

View Full Version : Sinton's girls basketball team and softball team...

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 01:46 PM
How are they looking this year guys?

District303aPastPlayer
12-18-2003, 01:50 PM
the girls basketball team has a crap load of talent, they have athletes at all positions... district will be good for them

<small>[ December 18, 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 01:52 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
the girls basketball team has a crap load of talent, they have athletes at all positions... district will be good for themLoaded with hotties? maybe...
?

District303aPastPlayer
12-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Gobbla2001:

District303aPastPlayer:
the girls basketball team has a crap load of talent, they have athletes at all positions... district will be good for themLoaded with hotties? maybe...
?i grew up with them, and taught some of them religion at church, so i refuse to comment.

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 01:58 PM
District303aPastPlayer:

Gobbla2001:

District303aPastPlayer:
?i grew up with them, and taught some of them religion at church, so i refuse to comment.Really? Well, God Bless 'em!

What about softball, they gunna be any good?

We just can't get our softball program clickin' here..

Gunna be back in baseball though, may meet up with you guys again...

District303aPastPlayer
12-18-2003, 02:02 PM
Gobbla2001:

District303aPastPlayer:

Gobbla2001:

District303aPastPlayer:
?i grew up with them, and taught some of them religion at church, so i refuse to comment.Really? Well, God Bless 'em!

What about softball, they gunna be any good?

We just can't get our softball program clickin' here..

Gunna be back in baseball though, may meet up with you guys again...WE have DeLeon back to pitch... she is a hass or whatever... and other than that, i dont know... im more of a basketball man myself, so i keep tabs on them more.

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Yah, I dig bbal, our's should be getting better soon, give us a couple of years and we'll be doing good, I heard the fishies had an undefeated season in bball in JR. High...

District303aPastPlayer
12-18-2003, 02:07 PM
our seniors went like 40-0 in Jr High... i dont know how many games they play, but they didnt lose... anyways.. im out for the day, this is my last post til tonight

pirate4state
12-18-2003, 02:27 PM
I don't follow basketball, but I happen to have the San Pat newspaper right here so as reported by the paper... "the Varsity girls lost to state ranked (#14) 2A Port Aransas 46-30 & their record is 4-9 on the season." JV squad is 7-6 on the year, no mention of the freshmen girls. I'm not sure what their chances are in district, but as always, I wish them the best of luck!!

As for softball, there are only 3 returning starters, a pitcher, and 2 outfielders. We'll just have to wait & see.

Phil C
12-19-2003, 11:27 AM
The girls lost to Port Aransas but they still played better than the score indicates. They had shots but the ball just didn't roll in on a number of times otherwise it is a close game. I think they will get it together soon and have a good season. West Oso probably has too much height for them to take district but I think a playoff possibility in basketball for the girls is likely. The softball team will do well. They have some good players back plus JVs will help. I think by the time district comes around they will do well and get into the playoffs. Our girls had the same situation last year in softball in losing players from the prio year so it was even worse and they did well in the playoffs. Our 9th graders were second in the State in junior high only to Waco Midway who wins it every year. If they stay focussed and work hard in two years we will have a great softball team with possibilities. But I feel we will do well in basketball and softball this year too and I will be going to as many games as I can.

Old Cardinal
12-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Phil: I am curious, did you say you have a 9th grade Softball team that progresses in a bracket of tournamnet play situation?...Down our way there are no Jr.Hi. softball teams and no 9th grade teams. Girls either play for the Varsity of Jr. V. according to the skill level. Many times SE Texas teams have Select team trained players that start for HS as 9th graders.

Sinton94
12-19-2003, 02:09 PM
Phil was talking about Little League. Their only loss was to Waco Midway in the 2001 State Finals. Waco went on to win the World Series.

Phil C
12-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Thank you Sinton 94. Sorry about the mix up Old. We don't have baseball or softball in junior high.