PDA

View Full Version : Jasper and Liberty

Eagles52
11-13-2004, 01:17 AM
Liberty's record makes this seem like a no brainer but Jasper has a more than tough task in defending that option as well as the Panthers run it. I've never seen a quarterback as smooth as Shane Smart at the triple option. I think Liberty wins this game but I dont know about scores. Other thoughts?

sahen
11-13-2004, 01:25 AM
eh...well i hope Liberty keeps it goign but Jasper is dang tough....i think Jasper will win it by a TD or so...but i hope not

Bobcatfan4life
11-13-2004, 01:39 AM
Do you know the time and location for the game yet?

RBARKER
11-13-2004, 02:17 AM
BEAT JASPER!!!! After this weel East Texas will be gone!

P.s. Jody said Jasper will get spanked due to no defense and he will make you a shirt like he did for Bridge City.:D

Bulldog_12
11-13-2004, 03:15 AM
Jasper in this one. You say Liberty has an awesome option, but I guess you havent seen Jasper run theirs yet. Oh well, you'll see it soon enough. Then it will be too late.

kepdawg
11-13-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Bobcatfan4life
Do you know the time and location for the game yet?

Another post mentioned Nederland as the site, but had no mention of day or time.

Old No. 7
11-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Jasper all the way in this one.

I heard Nederland also but no time or date.

dawgmom
11-13-2004, 07:56 AM
The game will be played Friday night in Nederland at 7:30.

j_dog
11-13-2004, 10:05 AM
No prediction from me this week. Liberty is tough and those teams with "weak" season records scare me! :( But Jasper is tough also. :)

kepdawg
11-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
The game will be played Friday night in Nederland at 7:30.

It'll be a long drive (for me), but I'll be there!

pantherpop
11-13-2004, 02:52 PM
This is gonna be a good one. Wish it was Friday already. What kind of size does Jasper have on the lines? Liberty is small on both sides of the ball but we have alot of quickness.

j_dog
11-13-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
This is gonna be a good one. Wish it was Friday already. What kind of size does Jasper have on the lines? Liberty is small on both sides of the ball but we have alot of quickness.
That pretty much sounds like Jasper. It should be an entertaining game.

Hupernikomen
11-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop

Jasper has moved up a couple of kids off of the JV (maybe even freshman team) that have a little size but nothing like what they have had the last couple of years. They had a freshman playing d-line last night that made some nice plays. Jasper defense swarms to the ball very quickly and plays that waste time getting the ball toward the line (counter, draws etc.) are typical stopped cold. Liberty should be able to move the ball with swift straight ahead. Silsbee did have success on one big play around the end on the triple option.

j_dog
11-14-2004, 12:00 AM
The freshman dl had a sack didn't he? I saw his name posted a lot in the chat room.

Hupernikomen
11-14-2004, 12:02 AM
he sure did on a critical play too. don't know who 22 is for Jasper but he had a terrific game defensively.

Hupernikomen
11-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER

P.s. Jody said Jasper will get spanked due to no defense and he will make you a shirt like he did for Bridge City.:D

Who put Kirbyville out?

Rocksolid
11-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Who put Kirbyville out?

Barker is implying that its and automatic win for BH

Hupernikomen
11-14-2004, 08:57 AM
oh ok.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-14-2004, 01:16 PM

No Defense....lol....your kidding right.

Hupernikomen
11-14-2004, 02:27 PM
jody quit trying to type intelligent post long ago...everything is BH dribble for him from here on out...RB seems to leaning in that direction now as well. At least he use to give other teams their due respect. Guess making the 2nd round is more than these BH folks could bear and they have fallen off the deep end.:D

tiger mama
11-14-2004, 02:57 PM
Good luck to Jasper from a Silsbee fan

Bulldog_12
11-14-2004, 03:35 PM
OK, I have an update on the Jasper-Liberty game. It is now going to be played at Silsbee at the same time. Just changed today, dont know if everyone knows, but there it is.

pantherpop
11-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Thats the first I've heard about that but if its true that would be great. We were at Silsbee the first game of the season and that is a fantastic facility. Absolutley beautiful field.

NSUTrumpet08
11-14-2004, 04:29 PM
If the game is in Silsbee, then i really should come to the game then. That should only put me about 2 and a half hours away from Natchitoches. I really want to see Jasper...

JasperDog94
11-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
OK, I have an update on the Jasper-Liberty game. It is now going to be played at Silsbee at the same time. Just changed today, dont know if everyone knows, but there it is. Can anyone confirm this?

j_dog
11-14-2004, 06:41 PM
...RB seems to leaning in that direction now as well. At least he use to give other teams their due respect. ....
Unless the other team happened to be Jasper. :D Now he is down on Kirbyville also? :confused: Maybe it is all Jasper County teams? :)

Bulldog_12
11-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Im 99.9% sure that this is right J-dog, but maybe Im wrong. I am 3 hours away. But I REALLY think that its right.

tigerettedad
11-14-2004, 08:21 PM
silsbee played both teams-----and i think jasper spanks liberty very badly!!!!!!! i'm pulling for the dogs, are they really playing at our stadium in silsbee?? can anyone confirm that!!!! is friday or saturday night?????

Eagles52
11-14-2004, 08:47 PM
tigerettedad you can not judge this Liberty team by the one that you played what the first game of the year? Trust me they are a legitimate threat to win this game if they play their best game

j_dog
11-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
tigerettedad you can not judge this Liberty team by the one that you played what the first game of the year? Trust me they are a legitimate threat to win this game if they play their best game
You can be assured that Jasper knows to prepare for a very tough game. If Liberty were not really good, they would not still be playing football in the second round. :) May this be an injury free game, and good luck to both teams.

j_dog
11-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by tigerettedad
... i'm pulling for the dogs, are they really playing at our stadium in silsbee?? ...
I hope this is true! How many will your stadium hold?

Thank you for the support! :)

JHS_c/o_06'
11-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by j_dog

Thank you for the support! :)

Depending on what side we get, last year, our 2nd (i think) game was at silsbee, and we almost filled up the visitor stands. And that was the 2nd game. You can always expect 10 - 15% more people (at least in jasper)for a playoff game let alone the second round of the playoffs. I hope everyone will have a place to sit.

tigerettedad
11-14-2004, 10:35 PM

Thank you for the support! :) 6500 or so!!!!go dogs go!!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by tigerettedad
6500 or so!!!!go dogs go!!!!

Thank you for your support

RBARKER
11-14-2004, 11:04 PM
jody quit trying to type intelligent post long ago...everything is BH dribble for him from here on out...RB seems to leaning in that direction now as well. At least he use to give other teams their due respect. Guess making the 2nd round is more than these BH folks could bear and they have fallen off the deep end.:D

Sorry Huper, Jody was standing behind me when I was typing (Peer Pressure:D) All kidding aside District 23 is usually a pretty weak district and I'm am so impressed that we Swept district 24. This game should be a good one. Liberty is gelling at the right time. Earlier in the year they were having problems with the young O line. If I was a betting man I would pick Jasper in this one but since I'm not I got to go with Liberty in a close one. Good Luck Panthers keep our district alive.

Panther Ross
11-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Jasper in this one. You say Liberty has an awesome option, but I guess you havent seen Jasper run theirs yet. Oh well, you'll see it soon enough. Then it will be too late.

Ahhhhh...... I am picking up some trash talking uh? Do you play ball for them anyway?

Panther Ross
11-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Hupernikonmen, do you play ball for Jasper?

Panther Ross
11-14-2004, 11:18 PM
You can be assured that Jasper knows to prepare for a very tough game. If Liberty were not really good, they would not still be playing football in the second round. :) May this be an injury free game, and good luck to both teams.

Any football fan should know that in the playoffs, anything goes. It is all about how bad you want it.

tigerettedad
11-14-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Any football fan should know that in the playoffs, anything goes. It is all about how bad you want it. lord knows that is very true!!!!!:

kepdawg
11-14-2004, 11:48 PM
OK, I have an update on the Jasper-Liberty game. It is now going to be played at Silsbee at the same time. Just changed today, dont know if everyone knows, but there it is.

Silsbee? Are we sure? I don't want to drive 5-6 hours and show up at the wrong stadium!

AggieJohn
11-15-2004, 01:13 AM
this should be an interesting one.....liberty is moving the ball and apparently gelling on all cylinders...congrats to that, however this is jasper, the team that was heralded at one point to be good beyond belief......

my prediciton is since i went with bh to win over liberty, the went with HJ to win over liberty, i'm going to keep the superstition alive and say jasper takes this one.....shh!

oh and liberty, you will gain all my respect and i will totally forgive you for going 0-5 to start out the season if you get past the second round.......

GreenMonster
11-15-2004, 03:12 AM
I hope that Liberty wins this one just to go ahead and get Jasper outta there. That team is dangerous.

BlueBlood
11-15-2004, 07:20 AM
Go liberty!

Jody
11-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Liberty by 10.

NSUTrumpet08
11-15-2004, 08:49 AM
Well i'm just hoping Jasper wins...i'll be rootin for them whether i'm there or not. I'm not going to give a point spread because i'm usually bad at that. Go Dawgs!

Rocksolid
11-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Well if you want my prediction i've got to say that i haven't seen the panthers beat a D22 team yet this year and even though they played kirbyville and silsbee good early this year i just can't see jasper letting D22 down in this one.

Hupernikomen
11-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Hupernikonmen, do you play ball for Jasper?

No..graduated in 89.

Hupernikomen
11-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Sorry Huper, Jody was standing behind me when I was typing (Peer Pressure:D) All kidding aside District 23 is usually a pretty weak district and I'm am so impressed that we Swept district 24. This game should be a good one. Liberty is gelling at the right time. Earlier in the year they were having problems with the young O line. If I was a betting man I would pick Jasper in this one but since I'm not I got to go with Liberty in a close one. Good Luck Panthers keep our district alive.

No need to apologize to me...I like a little intelligent conversation on here and leave the dribble to the children...good luck to the eagles. I think they have the best chance for district 23 to send one to the 3rd round. Of course, many of us here on the prairie doubted that we would have 1 make the 2nd round, so we were pleased when we got a clean sweep. I will be pulling for 2 out of the 3 this week:eek:

j_dog
11-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I hope that Liberty wins this one just to go ahead and get Jasper outta there. That team is dangerous.
No more dangerous than Liberty! That won't save you! :D

southern_thunder
11-15-2004, 10:47 AM
No more dangerous than Liberty! That won't save you! :D

Oh yea much more dangerous than Liberty!!:D

Hupernikomen
11-15-2004, 10:58 AM
hope we get patton more into the offense this week. passing game was outta sorts last friday as well. lots of room for improvement yet.

JasperDog94
11-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Yeah, the offense isn't clicking right now. I'll blame it on the cold weather. Hopefully with another week under our belts and all the folks in place, we can start picking up some momentum. Not that the defense needs any momentum. They were on top of their game last week! Here's hoping that we can contain that option of Liberty.:)

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 01:15 PM
No Ross, I don't play for Jasper, just a fan. But I will tell you that I have seen the option and it eats people alive. Whether they directly snap it to the RB or if the QB takes it, you never know where it is going to go. I saw it this past week against Diboll and it was snapped directly to Bronson and then pitched to Moye who can light up the afterburners and leave anyone in the dust. They ended up taking that run 35-40 yds. for the TD. Im just saying that their option is a killer. In fact, their entire rushing game is a killer. Im excited to see how they handle this game and perhaps the rest of the playoffs. GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hupernikomen
11-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Still put the ball on the turf too many times...I predict when (if) we lose this year it will be because of our turnovers.

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah I saw where we had four fumbles. Even though we didnt lose any, 4 is still wayyyyy too many for one game. Im sure Jasper will look at the film and notice that it is too much and really emphasize hanging onto the ball. But from here on out they will really have to try to play mistake free football if they wanna take it all. I believe they have the talent to do it, now they just have to hold onto the ball.

dawgmom
11-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Okay, I called the school and verified. Game is Friday, 7:30, in Silsbee. I don't know who is home/visitor, (forgot to ask). As far as capacity, I think the stadium will have plenty of seating. Just get there early for your choice of seat. And if you are from Jasper...YOU BETTER YELL!!! See you all there hopefully!

AggieJohn
11-15-2004, 01:52 PM
No Ross, I don't play for Jasper, just a fan. But I will tell you that I have seen the option and it eats people alive. Whether they directly snap it to the RB or if the QB takes it, you never know where it is going to go. I saw it this past week against Diboll and it was snapped directly to Bronson and then pitched to Moye who can light up the afterburners and leave anyone in the dust. They ended up taking that run 35-40 yds. for the TD. Im just saying that their option is a killer. In fact, their entire rushing game is a killer. Im excited to see how they handle this game and perhaps the rest of the playoffs. GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

bulldog, jasper might have a good option game, but i can guarantee you that liberty's is one of the best of the teams left playing.....liberty has been a predominantly qb keeper/option team since the early nineties, we hardly ever air out.....further more, Smart, who has started since he was a sophmore has this most unique ability to pitch at the absolute last second, as well as the ability to tuck it if the pitch relationship isn't there.....he's one of the few qbs that will get himself layed out just half a second after pitching it....he's not afraid of a CB coming in on him or a OLB taking him in a pitch....he's too huge of a qb for that.....In my opinion if the game comes down to who can execute the option better, than the advantage is Liberty....

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 02:38 PM
True, but all three or four of our backs have played quarterback and know when and how to pitch the ball. Like I said, anyone back their can take the snap directly and run it and pitch it when and where they want. All have super quick feet as well. It will be interesting.

AggieJohn
11-15-2004, 02:39 PM
hey best of luck to your squad dude...it'll be a dogfight.....wait scratch that.....pantherfight........wait.....ok it'll just be a very good game

dawgmom
11-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
.....he's one of the few qbs that will get himself layed out just half a second after pitching it....he's not afraid of a CB coming in on him or a OLB taking him in a pitch....he's too huge of a qb for that.....
No matter how big he is, he hasn't met our linebackers....Hunt, Bean, Clotiaux, Collins, Weatherspoon, Alvis, and the list goes on, and on.....
These guys mean business.

Hupernikomen
11-15-2004, 05:23 PM
bulldog, jasper might have a good option game, but i can guarantee you that liberty's is one of the best of the teams left playing.....he's too huge of a qb for that.....In my opinion if the game comes down to who can execute the option better, than the advantage is Liberty....

You honestly think Liberty is one of best teams left in the playoffs?? Come on John. Liberty is a good club but that is saying a lot for a 5-6 ballclub. Smart is good but he isn't big at all. He runs the option well but I have yet to see anyone consistently get around the end on Jasper. He will get his clock cleaned if he holds onto that ball for too long. This is going to be a fun game to watch with the ball being pitched around in the backfield all night for both teams.. :)

AggiesAreWe
11-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Tiger Stadium has a seating capacity of 10,000. Look for at least 1,000 Tiger fans to be there

theonly11
11-15-2004, 09:24 PM
trust me, smart has met plenty a linebacker, but most of the time it is them getting the short end of the stick. I'm tired of people counting us out because of our record. records mean nothing when its win or go home.....

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 09:30 PM
If you notice, people aren't saying that ya'll are gonna lose because of your record and who you have played. People are talking about the two teams, what they do, and then comparing. So some people aren't taking your team, prove em wrong. I hope ya don't though cuz I want the dogs to win obviously. Its just comparison, don't get so jumpy.

Hupernikomen
11-15-2004, 09:31 PM
nobody discounting liberty...they are here...I have seen smart play and I know what size he is. I think it is a bit much to claim they are one of the best teams left in the playoffs. Maybe I will be proved wrong friday night but I am convinced my dogs will be ready.

theonly11
11-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Liberty is a good club but that is saying a lot for a 5-6 ballclub.
then whats that all about

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 09:36 PM
ok, honestly. If you saw a 5-6 team, wouldn't you speculate why people are saying they are statebound? And don't say you wouldnt, dont let your homerism interfere with your thought process.

theonly11
11-15-2004, 09:37 PM
who has said we are saying we are state bound? of course that is our goal, but right now its one game at a time

Bulldog_12
11-15-2004, 09:39 PM
bulldog, jasper might have a good option game, but i can guarantee you that liberty's is one of the best of the teams left playing.

ok, maybe it wasnt said state-bound, but one of the best teams left. There are a lot of teams left.

theonly11
11-15-2004, 09:42 PM
yeah, only 48 in 3a....thats pretty good

JHS_c/o_06'
11-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by theonly11
yeah, only 48 in 3a....thats pretty good

be glad you didnt have to go satuday to buy shoes for basket ball like player from 48 other teams had to do. No one is counting out anyone by record or otherwise, they are just comparing stats and players.

theonly11
11-15-2004, 10:30 PM
more like 300 other schools. theres only 48 still playing.

Hupernikomen
11-15-2004, 10:31 PM
then whats that all about

its about

bulldog, jasper might have a good option game, but i can guarantee you that liberty's is one of the best of the teams left playing.....

explayer all the sudden has decided that liberty is a powerhouse this year..I find it ironic that he had all but written liberty off earlier and now they are one of the best of the best that are left.

theonly11
11-15-2004, 10:34 PM
where I come from we describe that kind of position swapping as John Kerry-ish

JHS_c/o_06'
11-15-2004, 10:39 PM
more like 300 other schools. theres only 48 still playing.

Im talking about after the first round of the playoffs...i ment be glad your still in it....i know we are.

AggieJohn
11-15-2004, 10:40 PM
funny you say that about a card carrying GOP member

Eagles52
11-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Smart is a master at operating the option and it seems that no one ever gets a solid hit on him, after talking to some of our defensive players, they mentioned his lanky build making it difficult to do much more than just take him down, while I dont see him running over too many linebackers, he does not often get his clock cleaned and he is incredibly smooth with his handoffs and pitches. He will impress and I think as long as they can avoid turnovers (a lot to ask for an almost strictly option team) I feel like they will move the ball pretty consistently and put up some points, but I do not know how their defense will handle Jasper. Moss needs to play more physical and not just rely on his speed so much and the noseguard needs to stay lower a lot more...those are not attacks just advice from playing against them...take it for what you will

89JDAWG
11-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Jasper will win going away:eek: Liberty will not be able to run around the corner no matter whos pitching the ball. This will be the week that our O starts to click, but it will be because of a weak D, and next week we will be talking about a rematch with the yoemen who we have beat the last two years.
JASPER 42..............LIBERTY 6 (you score in the 4th on our jv)

Rocksolid
11-16-2004, 09:44 AM
lol you think they will score on the JV

j/k

BlueBlood
11-16-2004, 09:47 AM
If Jasper is healthy and doesn't win this one then they should not have even been in the playoffs.

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
If Jasper is healthy and doesn't win this one then they should not have even been in the playoffs.

You are right about that Blueblood!!!!

RBARKER
11-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
Jasper will win going away:eek: Liberty will not be able to run around the corner no matter whos pitching the ball. This will be the week that our O starts to click, but it will be because of a weak D, and next week we will be talking about a rematch with the yoemen who we have beat the last two years.

Good lord I knew one of these would pop up sooner or later. 42-6 huh. would you like to make a bet on that? this game will be a lot closer than that. Talk about your Homers:D

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Well I am a Homer but I think 42 is a little unrealistic, Jasper didnt score 42 points in their last 2 games combined!!

I do feel very confident in saying that Jasper will win though!!

Hupernikomen
11-16-2004, 10:17 AM

I don't even think the yoemen made it to the playoffs last year.

Bold prediction there...

Haunta Yo
11-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Liiberty has done two things that Jasper hasn't.
They've won 5 of their last 6 games and they are the district champions (A district that swept the WO-S district last week).

Liberty's on a roll, but Jasper will be ready. It'll be a good game.

89JDAWG
11-16-2004, 10:31 AM
that is why I said this will be the week our O starts to click. Patton will be in his 2nd game back and we will be able to push the D line around. Lets face it Liberty would not have made the playoffs if they were in our district.

89JDAWG
11-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Liiberty has done two things that Jasper hasn't.
They've won 5 of their last 6 games and they are the district champions (A district that swept the WO-S district last week).

Liberty's on a roll, but Jasper will be ready. It'll be a good game.

We beat WO-S and thumped BC after this week BH, LIB, and HUFF will be home dreaming of next year!

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 10:45 AM
We beat WO-S and thumped BC after this week BH, LIB, and HUFF will be home dreaming of next year!

Settle down JDAWG you are going to burn out before Friday ever gets here. :D

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Junkyard
Well I am a Homer but I think 42 is a little unrealistic, Jasper didnt score 42 points in their last 2 games combined!!

I do feel very confident in saying that Jasper will win though!!

42-6 isn't realistic man, these are two ground running teams...give them some credit.....liberty get's dubbed the "cardiac panthers" and wins 28-27 in OT

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 11:01 AM
that is why I said this will be the week our O starts to click. Patton will be in his 2nd game back and we will be able to push the D line around. Lets face it Liberty would not have made the playoffs if they were in our district.
LIberty had to beat a huffman team that beat WOS, Liberty had to beat a barbers hill team that was significantly deep in depth...i think they would of hung with your district

BlueBlood
11-16-2004, 11:02 AM
The only thing better than Huffman beating SWO would be Liberty beating Jasper.

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 11:04 AM
LIberty had to beat a huffman team that beat WOS, Liberty had to beat a barbers hill team that was significantly deep in depth...i think they would of hung with your district

Liberty also got beat by Cleveland who didnt make the playoffs.

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 11:05 AM
42-6 isn't realistic man, these are two ground running teams...give them some credit.....liberty get's dubbed the "cardiac panthers" and wins 28-27 in OT

Re- read my post I said 42 is UNrealistic!!

shellman54
11-16-2004, 11:06 AM

big words there, dawg. wasn't the same said last week? not saying we will sweep, but i have a feeling we will have a strong showing. don't count out 23-3A just yet!!!

duckbutter
11-16-2004, 11:16 AM
I think Jasper will pull this one out in a very close and low scoring game. Jasper's defense is having to carry the team at this point because of turnovers and the inability of the offense to score. I personally still think that it's Jasper's offensive scheme that is holding them back from reaching their full potential.
Jasper 14
Liberty 13

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Liberty also got beat by Cleveland who didnt make the playoffs.
as well as im sure one of your 3 losses was against someone not now in the playoffs...i'm sure it was a fluke, i mean an ugly dog get's a bone sometimes...u would know about that junkyard

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 11:27 AM
as well as im sure one of your 3 losses was against someone not now in the playoffs...i'm sure it was a fluke, i mean an ugly dog get's a bone sometimes...u would know about that junkyard

No all 3 of our losses were to team that made the playoffs, 2 of which are still in the playoffs. And no excuses we were beat no flukes.

In my experience the Ugly dog get the bone of his choice and has no inferiority complex about it, u would know something about inferiority complexes wouldnt you explayer? (just referring to you avatar and sig)

jbulldawg
11-16-2004, 02:45 PM
This may be a little off the subject, but when Jasper plays Liberty this Friday night it would be awesome to see the fans get into the game. Seems like we (Jasper fans) spend a lot of time sitting quietly. I hate to see the boys have to turn to our side and wave their arms up and down trying to get a response from the crowd. Believe it or not, crowd participation can have an enormous impact on the game. I know it pumps the boys up ! So come on.... lets show everyone how much we SUPPORT this team !
Go DAWGS ! :D

kepdawg
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Everyone is getting me pumped for this game! Come on Friday! Go Bulldogs!

Junkyard
11-16-2004, 02:54 PM
I am with you on this one KEP, wish we could just skip wednesday and thursday and go straight to Friday!!

tiger mama
11-16-2004, 07:16 PM
All you fans come hungry and support the concession stands. We will have plenty to eat. The proceeds go to the kids. Hope to see you there

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 08:06 PM
get a hot dog...

caldwell
11-16-2004, 09:04 PM
it all boils down to who is the most physical team friday night

JHS_c/o_06'
11-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by jbulldawg
This may be a little off the subject, but when Jasper plays Liberty this Friday night it would be awesome to see the fans get into the game. Seems like we (Jasper fans) spend a lot of time sitting quietly. I hate to see the boys have to turn to our side and wave their arms up and down trying to get a response from the crowd. Believe it or not, crowd participation can have an enormous impact on the game. I know it pumps the boys up ! So come on.... lets show everyone how much we SUPPORT this team !

EXACTLY......someone gets it.....i wish the rest of Jasper would catch on.....although.....at the silsbee game....when the defense got em going....i looked up in the stands and everyone was getting into it.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by caldwell
it all boils down to who is the most physical team friday night personally i see liberty running the ball down the throat of the unsuspecting bulldog d

I think you need glasses if you have that much trouble with your vision.

dawgmom
11-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by jbulldawg
Well said! Believe me, you WILL hear me! But then, I am one of the loudest in our stands! But, I need to hear all of the rest of you! Lets support our boys!

Bulldog Fan
11-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Dawgmom:

We have to meet. I seem to be the only one around that never hushes.

Bulldog Fan

Bulldog_12
11-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Thats good. The Dogs need mor fans like you guys. I remember last year when the stands were not even close to being full and it was always soooo quiet at times. It helps get all of the players spirits up when the crowd is going insane.

dawgmom
11-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Let me figure out what the weather is going to be like, so I can figure out what Dawg shirt I will be wearing, and we can arrange a meeting! I will be the really loud one somewhere along the 50, about midway up. We may already know each other. Do you go to all the games?

pinecone
11-16-2004, 11:46 PM

You can always tell a rookie. The mouth gets ahead of the brain.
89JDawg, you better cool it. We never beat anyone by that many points. The coaching staff doesn't let it happen.

j_dog
11-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by pinecone
You can always tell a rookie. The mouth gets ahead of the brain.
89JDawg, you better cool it. We never beat anyone by that many points. The coaching staff doesn't let it happen.
Pinecone, you are so right. With Jasper, it is all about scoring enough to win the game, then save the starting players (and plays) for the next week. Not to name any names, but I see that several teams that thrived on big offensive scores are no longer in the playoffs. :)

AggieJohn
11-17-2004, 02:22 AM
Re- read my post I said 42 is UNrealistic!!
my bad i was talking about the other guy..and just grabbed yours..i'm sorry

Jody
11-17-2004, 07:19 AM
Jasper players will be on the way to Toledo Bend to go fishing week after next. Liberty by 10.

AggieJohn
11-17-2004, 08:33 AM
easy there killer

dawgmom
11-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Jasper players will be on the way to Toledo Bend to go fishing week after next. Liberty by 10.
This shows how much you know! Jasper boys wouldn't be going to Toledo to fish! IF they were fishing, they would go to Rayburn, but most likely, if not playing football, they will be HUNTING!

Hupernikomen
11-17-2004, 10:07 AM
This shows how much you know! Jasper boys wouldn't be going to Toledo to fish! IF they were fishing, they would go to Rayburn, but most likely, if not playing football, they will be HUNTING!

You got that right dawgmom. Big Sam is the place to be, but we have to forgive our gulfcoast buddy he never leaves the altar he has there on the salt dome. :D

89JDAWG
11-17-2004, 10:25 AM

HUNTING FOR SURE!!! Panthers are an indangered species. Im not a rookie. Im telling you, We have been waiting all year for a break out game and this is it. The O will click this friday. The game will be over early and the D will score when they drop the option pitch.

K-ville BBAll 20
11-17-2004, 11:13 AM

I take JASPER 100000000000000% in this one I dont see any East Texas teams leaving anytime soon East Texas is here to stay

Kirbyville vs. Jasper in 2 weeks but lets take it one week at a time

Port_town_texas
11-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Yep! and Jasper will be taking a foot 4rm da 'Ville again! good luck 2 all!!

dawgmom
11-17-2004, 11:16 AM
If we do both make it to that point, wonder where we will play at? Just a thought. Sort of putting the cart before the horse. I hope we both make it to that point!

Port_town_texas
11-17-2004, 11:21 AM
I say play it in P.A.:)

just kidding...alot of people will wanna see that match-up so I say have it in BMT--Cardinal stadium.

dawgmom
11-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Sounds good to me. I will be working down there! BUT, like I said before, we both have to get through the next two TOUGH weeks! Best of luck to the 'cats, and EAT 'EM UP DAWGS!!!

Junkyard
11-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
I say play it in P.A.:)

just kidding...alot of people will wanna see that match-up so I say have it in BMT--Cardinal stadium.

Cardinal Stadium is a dump!!! My guess would be either Sam Houston's stadium or SFA's.

But Kville has to get through Barbers Hill and Marlin before they get back to Jasper, and Jasper needs to get past Liberty and probably Cameron Yoe. No offense but the way I see it Jasper has the easier road.

JasperDog94
11-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Cardinal Stadium is a dump!!! I'll second that.:hairpunk:

Port_town_texas
11-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Cardinal Stadium is a dump!!! My guess would be either Sam Houston's stadium or SFA's.

But Kville has to get through Barbers Hill and Marlin before they get back to Jasper, and Jasper needs to get past Liberty and probably Cameron Yoe. No offense but the way I see it Jasper has the easier road. yeah it might be hard wit Marlin.

89JDAWG
11-17-2004, 12:15 PM
how many teams will be left from 23-3a after this week?
PAL-HUFF.......BH-KVILL.........LIB-JAS........
I said 0 in an earlyer post I stand by it.

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm really glad to see that BH players some what support Liberty. I will be at the game in Silsbee when the Panthers take on the Bulldogs.. it will be a great game to watch, and hopefully it won't be my last!!

Liberty boys- Stay focused and come home winners! Good Luck Fellas!! and oh yea......SENIORS- Make my and your senior playoff football game worth while ... Can't wait!! See ya Friday.

Hushmouth
11-17-2004, 02:08 PM
LHSCheerleader

Who r u ?

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Like I would just call out myself in front of everyone..haha.. gimme a break!!

I'm a senior female at LhS.. just know that.>!!

Port_town_texas
11-17-2004, 02:27 PM
dam, no need to be hostile. maybe he kno the cheerleaders shawty.

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:35 PM
lol. no he knows who i am!! that's my buddy.. he goes to liberty as well..

i knew someone would think that i was being hostile..

but anyways.. back to liberty and jasper!

Port_town_texas
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Jasper's gonna do to Liberty like whut we (S.F.A.) did to them the last time we played in P.A.!!!..LOL!!! oh the Liberty cheerleaders looked good that game!!:clap: :)

shellman54
11-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Just like PA Memorial was supposed to do to region 3? 23 -3A makes it a clean sweep for the second week in a row!!! Go Panthers, run the ball effectively, cut down on the turnovers, and good things will happen. Go Falcons, stay with your game plan, give the ball to Elliott behind those hosses, and soon people will know who Huffman is. Go Eagles, control the clock, play sound defense, keep KVille off the field, and we will play on!!!!!!

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the compliment .. but I really am pullin' for my Panthers this week.. True, it will be a close game.. But I choose Liberty to win by a small amount..

Port_town_texas
11-17-2004, 02:51 PM
LOL! ur funny...naw, the kittens will lose like we did though.:)

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:55 PM
We'll see..

It's ok for me to have faith though!! So I will continue to support my boys..

jalapeno
11-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Jalapeno.

Hupernikomen
11-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
Just like PA Memorial was supposed to do to region 3? 23 -3A makes it a clean sweep for the second week in a row!!! Go Panthers, run the ball effectively, cut down on the turnovers, and good things will happen. Go Falcons, stay with your game plan, give the ball to Elliott behind those hosses, and soon people will know who Huffman is. Go Eagles, control the clock, play sound defense, keep KVille off the field, and we will play on!!!!!!

Sounds like some good game plans...wonder how it will work out between the stripes?? Are all games on Friday night? I am too lazy to go searching. If no Sat. games, does anyone know of a good game in the houston area for Sat.?

Bulldog Fan
11-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Let me figure out what the weather is going to be like, so I can figure out what Dawg shirt I will be wearing, and we can arrange a meeting! I will be the really loud one somewhere along the 50, about midway up. We may already know each other. Do you go to all the games?

Yes, I am at all of the games. However, I'll miss this week because of a trip to DisneyWorld. Heck, I'd rather be at the game!

j_dog
11-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by LHSCheerleader
We'll see..

That is what you are supposed to do. :)

89JDAWG
11-18-2004, 10:06 AM
we are runing out of gas with the trash talk

89JDAWG
11-18-2004, 12:47 PM
shhhhhhh..... its quiet

BlueBlood
11-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Liberty is going to kill Jasper. Blood will run from the field to the streets. The grass will be red with Jasper blood. They will have to have 10 EMS vehicles their to handle all the Jasper injuries. Jasper will be physically beat to a pulp. Liberty did not start all those fights in preseason for no reason. They were getting ready for this game. The Panthers will spit in the Jasper players faces and make them like it! I wouldn't want to be a Jasper player on the bottom of a pile--he could get his throat slit. I think for the safety of the Jasper players they should not even show up. If you show up Jasper, tank it for your own safety. Give Liberty the game--the Panthers are mean, nasty, filthy, rough, strung-out, depraved and vicious. Don't bring the women and children to the game--it will be rated XXXX.

How is that for trash talking?

RBARKER
11-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Liberty is going to kill Jasper. Blood will run from the field to the streets. The grass will be red with Jasper blood. They will have to have 10 EMS vehicles their to handle all the Jasper injuries. Jasper will be physically beat to a pulp. Liberty did not start all those fights in preseason for no reason. They were getting ready for this game. The Panthers will spit in the Jasper players faces and make them like it! I wouldn't want to be a Jasper player on the bottom of a pile--he could get his throat slit. I think for the safety of the Jasper players they should not even show up. If you show up Jasper, tank it for your own safety. Give Liberty the game--the Panthers are mean, nasty, filthy, rough, strung-out, depraved and vicious. Don't bring the women and children to the game--it will be rated XXXX.

Yeah what he said:D

PappaBear
11-18-2004, 01:34 PM

You Are a Moron wrapped in an idiot
If ignorance is bliss you are the happiest person in the world
Liberty I'm sorry for you to have this person as a citizen

BlueBlood
11-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Oh, give me a break. Somebody posted that the trash talking had stopped so I just added a little. It was a joke dumb butt. Jasper will probably kill Liberty. Have a clue!!!!!!!

PappaBear
11-18-2004, 02:05 PM
BOO HOO someone can't take the trash talk.
Come on you can take it!!!
You talk about cutting throats but someone calls you stupid and you quit. Come on now Blue Blood

bhillfan
11-18-2004, 02:14 PM
blueblood can take trash talking like anyone, as much as im in the doubt I going with Liberty to take this one and D23 to keep going

BlueBlood
11-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by PappaBear
BOO HOO someone can't take the trash talk.
Come on you can take it!!!
You talk about cutting throats but someone calls you stupid and you quit. Come on now Blue Blood

You are really slow.

southern_thunder
11-18-2004, 02:38 PM
You are really slow.

LOL now that is funny!!:D

Panther Ross
11-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by LHSCheerleader
We'll see..

Which cheerleader is this?

jbulldawg
11-19-2004, 09:51 AM

Have you considered therapy ? Even to say that as a "joke" indicates a warped mind. (Just my opinion)

PANTHERFAN05
11-19-2004, 11:48 AM
I THINK LIBERTY WILL WIN BY 7 IN OT.

AggieJohn
11-19-2004, 11:53 AM

remember the time that ranger mom rom'ed this fool because of insanity

Hupernikomen
11-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
remember the time that ranger mom rom'ed this fool because of insanity

I think he has run out of meds...

Bulldog_12
11-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Well, all I know is that Liberty better stack up on meds for tonight. Meds that will cure an aching butt after all of the butt whooping Jasper is gonna do on the field. GO DAWGS!!!!!:D

AggieJohn
11-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Well, all I know is that Liberty better stack up on meds for tonight. Meds that will cure an aching butt after all of the butt whooping Jasper is gonna do on the field. GO DAWGS!!!!!:D

jasper is going to need some morphene to counteract the bruisin they're going to get tonight

Jody
11-19-2004, 01:25 PM
I think he has run out of meds...

See.....I am not even that bad. :D

JasperDog94
11-19-2004, 11:55 PM
JASPER 42..............LIBERTY 6 Looks like newbie was pretty darn close.

spiveyrat
11-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Looks like newbie was pretty darn close.

NO KIDDING!!! :eek:

WooHoo!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bulldog_12
11-19-2004, 11:58 PM
That was very close. And everyone shrugged him off. Good job on the prediction.

JasperDog94
11-20-2004, 12:00 AM
I'll be the first to admit I thought someone had been hittin' the sauce. Nice job.;)

j_dog
11-20-2004, 12:00 AM
That was very close. And everyone shrugged him off. Good job on the prediction.
To tell you the truth, I kinda believed him, but I would never agree BEFORE the game. Might jinx us! :) I felt the same way when we played Burnet the first time, and we all know how that turned out. :(

Bulldog_12
11-20-2004, 12:03 AM
yeah, good point. It surprised me because as someone mentioned, we havent scored that much in the last three games. But I am really glad that they proved my doubts wrong.

spiveyrat
11-20-2004, 12:05 AM
I felt the same way when we played Burnet the first time, and we all know how that turned out. :(

Me too... but NO ONE should have beat that team. I doubt Jasper will ever have as much talent on one team again.

Bulldog_12
11-20-2004, 12:11 AM
And to reinforce what I said earlier. I guess they saw JASPER'S option play, but it was too late. HA HA! Im sooo happy they won tonight.

j_dog
11-20-2004, 12:32 AM
And to reinforce what I said earlier. I guess they saw JASPER'S option play, but it was too late. HA HA! Im sooo happy they won tonight.
I wonder which option they saw? Jasper has so many different options. I have seen them play 5 different games this year and each time they seemed to present a totally different look and game scheme. So what does the opposing team need to prepare for? Everything! :) Can't wait to see a write-up on the game.

shankbear
11-20-2004, 12:39 AM
J_dog...I didn't see you at the game. Yeah some BC guys went to Silsbee to watch the game. I never expected such a donkey stomp. That whole district went down in flames like ours did last week.

I hope the Dawgs can work on holding onto the ball better. That looks like an undisciplined offense and it results in numerous fumbles. The weapons the Dawgs have are awesome and make up greatly for the bobbled snaps, etc but there are better teams to face than Liberty.

The kickers seem to be a weak spot also.

Great job destroying Liberty. They outgained the Dawgs bigtime on offense but they really had the turnover bug too. 5 times. Critical. I wish we could RECRUIT your #1 and #7.

looked like a track meet.

j_dog
11-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
J_dog...I didn't see you at the game. ....
You didn't see me because I was in Huntsville "scouting" Kirbyville and Barbers Hill! :D I sensed that it was going to get pretty ugly there in Silsbee and did not want to drive to see the carnage. :) Thank you for going to the game. Sorry I missed you!

Hey those bobbled balls are just part of the smoke and mirrors that make the Dogs great. ;) If you think the Jasper offense is nervous with the ball, think how the other team's defense must feel facing those guys. And no, you cannot recruit no 1 or no 7 or no 2, or any other number! :D

j_dog
11-20-2004, 12:54 AM
Seriously, I did get a chuckle earlier in the week when a Liberty poster said it would be a low scoring game because both teams had running games. I thought then that he just had no idea how fast Jasper could score with a run, or how many times. I think Jasper is beginning to hit the stride again that they had in week 0 against WOS. And the timing could not be better. :)

Hupernikomen
11-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Alright I will tell you what I saw from the Jasper point-of-view...I am sure a Liberty person might not totally agree.

Offensively Jasper was unstoppable...they only stopped themselves. Liberty's defense played hard but was outmatched.

Liberty offense did a good job on a handful of big plays and are a clutch team on 3rd down plays. Jasper picked off at least 3 and returned two for touchdowns (both called back on clips..both clips bogus IMO...Smart's acting job matched his name and deserves an award) Liberty's option surprised me by getting around the end of a few plays...against lesser team speed they would have scored on 2 or 3 of those long runs. Scored a couple of touchdowns late in the game. I give them 1 against Jasper's first team because I still saw most of the first team out there. 2nd one was against all new personnel.

Jasper's defense laid some lumber on Liberty. Liberty gained big yardage, but fumbled the ball on the pitch quite a few times and threw into coverage or had the ball tip a few too many times to win.

Was a well played game for the Dogs..a few botched snaps by Moye, but boy Bronson didn't let us down when he was at QB while the coaches were trying to teach the Soph. a lesson by sitting him out a series.

I would call it a dominating performance, but Liberty certainly gave it all they had and might could of made a game out of it without a few pivotal fumbles.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-20-2004, 01:36 AM
very nice post huper. Man...what a game....i predicted (not on here) 48 - 7....and for a while....it looked like it....but. Anyways, coach said we play at Sam Houston next week. No idea what time or what day, most likely Sat at 7:30...just a guess. Man....i dont know about yall...but im tired.

dawgmom
11-20-2004, 02:11 AM
Yep, GREAT GAME DAWGS! ANd how about that field goal??? YES, I SAID FIELD GOAL!! Way to go Padgette! We still have some room for improvement, but I think we can do it! My throat hurts from yelling so much! I think I yelled more tonight than I did last year at the double overtime game! They did announce the game to be at SHSU on Friday at 7:30, tentatively. I hope it is Saturday and a little earlier in the day perhaps. And, I hope I can get off work! Hope to see you all there! Again, Great job Dawgs!!!

LHS62
11-20-2004, 09:32 AM
The thing that cost Liberty the game was turnovers. Jasper could not score at will. They were put in excellent scoring opportunities, and our defense was on the field for too long. I feel Jasper is more hype than anything else. We could have won this game without uncharacteristically turnovers.

j_dog
11-20-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by LHS62
The thing that cost Liberty the game was turnovers. Jasper could not score at will. They were put in excellent scoring opportunities, and our defense was on the field for too long. I feel Jasper is more hype than anything else. We could have won this game without uncharacteristically turnovers.
First, congratulations Liberty on a great turnaround season! :)

Second, Jasper's speed and pressure and hard hitting had nothing to do with those turnovers? I guess Liberty just felt charitable last night. :thinking:

Hupernikomen
11-20-2004, 09:44 AM

Like I said it was my opinion and you certainly have the right to disagree. How many time did Jasper punt the ball?

spiveyrat
11-20-2004, 11:51 AM
:evilgrin: :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evilgrin:

j_dog
11-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
:evilgrin: :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evilgrin:
now that says it all! :D

JHS_c/o_06'
11-20-2004, 03:01 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......oh man....whoo....thanks....i needed that.

a 44-13 spread is not hype, and if it hadnt had been for the turnovers.....point wise....we still would have won. Well....lets see....the first turnover of the game.....was a short punt....it got called back....put us on about the 20-30. There was another one Where we were on the 1..and i dont mean 1 yard to scoring. Another turnover on a drive Liberty should have scored on....was run back for a TD, but called back to about the 50. I think there were a few more, but i forget. Sounds to me like we are NOT hype, it sounds to me like your offense made mistakes, and we did what a good defense was suppose to do. Capitalize on them. So please, even if they arent your team, remember we are high school students.....and dont take anything away from them. And dont take anything away from your kids either, because they stayed in it till the very end.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Jasper could not score at will.

REALLY?!.....cause....i thought it was funny when Jasper's JV quarterback scored.

Bulldog_12
11-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Now theres no need to flaunt the win. Lets be gracious that our team dominated. I think that Liberty was very lucky that Jasper made some mental mistakes on L's turnovers. This game could have probably been a whole lot uglier. Congrats to the Dogs, and good luck next year Liberty.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Im not flaunting a win, i apologize if it came out that way. Good game yall. When Liberty scored that second time, i couldnt help but think of the UT/OSU game. Good luck next year Liberty, i hope we get to play ya'll again in the future.

pantherpop
11-20-2004, 07:55 PM
First off I want to congradulate Jasper on the game last night. You guys are really big AND fast. You have a real good chance to go all the way. I knew Liberty would have to play their best game to even stay in this contest and we were far from that. I was happy with the way we made some big plays and were able to move the ball but having 6 turnovers gave us no chance at all. Your defense definitly caused the majority of those turnovers but about 3 of them were just bad plays for us. It was a good night for Jasper and the fans from Liberty didn't have a whole lot to cheer for most of the night. We may get to see you guys next year as we have alot of returning starters from this team. Was very proud of the way our guys from Liberty turned their season around and won the district title two years in a row but very sad cause this was my middle sons last varsity game. Anyway good luck to Jasper the rest of the way and make your community proud.

j_dog
11-20-2004, 08:13 PM
pantherpop, thank you for the post! :) I was not at the game, but I heard your guys never quit. Good luck to your sons and to Liberty.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks Pantherpop, and i hope we do get to play yall next year.

Hupernikomen
11-21-2004, 01:48 AM
Thanks pop...your guys played hard and truly the ball bounced the other way on them tonight. You do have some good talent returning and you have a "little reggie" in the wings..if y'all can find a qb to replace smart then it could be a great year for the panthers.

NSUTrumpet08
11-21-2004, 02:02 AM
Although i wasn't at the game, I want to congratulate the Dawgs. Liberty also played a great game. Good luck against Cameron-Yoe...