PDA

View Full Version : Palestine 34 Silsbee 9

texasjeremy
11-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Wildcats had over 300 yards rushing tonight and will play Huffman-Hargrave next

texasjeremy
11-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Palestine defense held Silsbee to 169 total yards in the game (101 in 1st half, 68 in 2nd half)

Longhorn^
11-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Silsbee looked good....in the first quarter! Then it was obvious that the Palestine coaching staff watched the film of Silsbee vs. Jasper! Rush up the middle. Rush with runningbacks and the quarterback. Overall Palestine just dominated Silsbee. 8( Silsbee's offense couldn't move the ball and the defense couldn't stop their offense. Only saw 2 BAD calls. Both should have been pass interferance but... :eek:

Port_town_texas
11-13-2004, 07:26 AM
I can't believe it! WO-S and Silsbee lose in the 1st round. Dam!

rhs78
11-13-2004, 07:40 AM
congrats wildcats what a big win keep it going for next week, also congrats to silsbee on a great year and a great turnaround from last year

Old No. 7
11-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Congrats to Palestine.
Sorry Silsbee but you still have the 10-0 record and the District trophy. :)

JasperDog94
11-13-2004, 11:26 AM
This was a shocker to me. Not that Silsbee lost. Any team can lose in the playoffs, but it's how much they lost by. Was Silsbee playing that bad or is Palestine that good?

texasjeremy
11-13-2004, 01:02 PM
From what I have heard, after Silsbee took a 9-0 lead early in the game, Palestine just flat out dominated them in all phases of the game. The Palestine O-line was just blowing them off the ball and the D-line was stuffing them time after time (Silsbee was held to 68 total yards in the 2nd half). Aparently, Palestine has much much more team speed also.

pakrat
11-13-2004, 01:44 PM
I wonder if Silsbee was flat after a one point victory in overtime against Jasper the week before. Hard to stay on an emotional high week after week.

Tiger90
11-13-2004, 09:35 PM
The boys were flat. It was obvious if you've followed them all season to see it as they entered the field. The timing was off on the passing. The lines were struggling. The boys just didnt have the fundamentals working. Poor tackiling and center/qb exchanges were bad.
The tigers had to settle for a fg when they had 1st and goal in the 2nd quarter. That was a devastating blow. Silsbee was way better than they displayed last night, but Palestine is good and were the better team last night. Good luck to them.

3ABirdMan
11-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Sorry to see Silsbee bow out so early. I had you guys pcked to go deep, maybe all the way.

Perhaps the greatest compliment I can give you is - I enjoyed watching you play against my Bridge City Cardinals early in the year, and when you beat us, I had nothing but respect for your program.

Hope to see you guys next year, just not in the play-offs against us!:D

tigerettedad
11-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Sorry to see Silsbee bow out so early. I had you guys pcked to go deep, maybe all the way.

Perhaps the greatest compliment I can give you is - I enjoyed watching you play against my Bridge City Cardinals early in the year, and when you beat us, I had nothing but respect for your program.

Hope to see you guys next year, just not in the play-offs against us!:D thanks for the comment!!!!see ya next year!!!

wildkat0507
11-14-2004, 08:43 PM
man isnt that funny.................silsbee had a great district record but they lost out the first round.. and jasper and kville is still in it..

Comeaux
11-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Have 876 kids in high school and get put down from 4A to 3A .

Then water down your schedule.

Of course when you make the play offs you are at the mercy of the other "Big Guys."

tigerettedad
11-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Comeaux
Have 876 kids in high school and get put down from 4A to 3A .

Then water down your schedule.

Of course when you make the play offs you are at the mercy of the other "Big Guys." waterdown your schedule???? liberty was ranked at the beginning of the year! and livingston was a 4a team, r u saying that bridge city and kirbyville and jasper were just push overs? all three of them teams have great programs!!! i dont think they were at all!!!! who r u representing? r u still in the play-offs?? wo-s is out, r u saying they suck to??? they have a great program also, hell they were ranked 4th in state and they r at the house just like silsbee!!! show some respect for the kids!! they fought hard all year long and r outright district champs for the first time since 1972, im very very proud of our guys, i could give a rats ass if its 3a or 4a or 5a ,undefeated is undefeated, good job tigers for one hell of a season!!! dont dog them out for having a off night!!!!!i guess it would have been just luck IF they would have won state also !!!! all of the teams that i listed from our area have a great program and alot of classy kids!!! good luck to all that r still in the play-offs!!!!

jet sweep
11-15-2004, 09:16 AM
comeaux............water down the schedule.........silsbee played 5 playoff teams.........3 of which are in the second round. people like u are sad. probably never accomplished much is my guess. birdman.....you on the other hand are a classy individual...thanks for the post.