PDA

View Full Version : Madison 21 Van Alstyne 14

JR2004
11-13-2004, 12:48 AM
I've never seen Van Alstyne before and don't know a great deal about them, but this game was never as close as the score would indicate. The score of this game should've been somewhere along the lines of 42 or 49 to 14 if not for what continues to happen on the offensive side of the ball. Van Alstyne scored on the final play of the game and the other TD came on what was just one heck of a catch on a 4th down TD pass.

Madison's defense forced 8 turnovers and 5 or 6 of those TO's were INT's. I feel they performed extremely well defensively considering they were on the field for at least 33 of the 48 minutes of tonight's game. The Madison OC's play-calling was just flat out horrible again for most of the night. I say this in all seriousness, but I honestly believe he gets some of the plays that he calls off of Madden. That play-calling on the offensive side of the ball is going to be what eventually knocks the Trojans out of the playoffs and that'll be a shame in my opinion because that defense plays hard week after week and they almost have to win the game single-handedly each week. You shouldn't have just 21 points when you force 8 TO's, but this has become somewhat of a continuing theme this season. I believe the Trojans have Mount Vernon next. I hope that they'll be able to pull out another win and possibly get a shot at Gilmer!!!!

Keith7
11-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Van Alstyne is the number 1 team at talkin smack.. did they do that against madison??

JR2004
11-13-2004, 01:09 AM
They didn't have a whole lot to say on the field from what I saw, especially after that kid for Van Alstyne got helicoptered on a kickoff return. I don't think those kids have been hit that hard by anyone they've played this year. Madison's kids don't do a lot of talking on the field and Van Alstyne definitely didn't do much talking tonight. That defense for Madison just brought the wood all night long and just hit em play after play after play. It's hard to talk a lot of garbage when every highlight reel hit is one of your own guys getting decked by a Trojan defender. I wish a news-station had been on hand to see that hit on the kick-off. It was the best tackle I've seen in quite some time. There were several brutal collisons by a Trojan defensive player, but that hit on the kick-off more/less signaled that Madison was going to win that game.