44INAROW
11-13-2004, 12:23 AM
yes it is

SintonFan
11-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Congratulations Gobblers!:clap:

44INAROW
11-13-2004, 12:30 AM
thanks! SintonFan.. looks like you guys took care of business too!!! Is Skidmore Tynan in the playoffs? If so, any idea how they did?

SintonFan
11-13-2004, 12:36 AM
No maam. They are in the playoffs but have no idea what the score was. Maybe one of the locals might know?;)

gobblerfan02
11-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Just wanted to say that Cuero's defense totally shut down the WC offense! I wish the score was a little higher, but a win is a win. Congrats to WC on a great season. 44, I talked to your spouse @ the game but didn't see ya. Hope to do so next week. Go Gobblers...11-0!:D

44INAROW
11-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Just wanted to say that Cuero's defense totally shut down the WC offense! I wish the score was a little higher, but a win is a win. Congrats to WC on a great season. 44, I talked to your spouse @ the game but didn't see ya. Hope to do so next week. Go Gobblers...11-0!:D

I was parked up by the pressbox on the 50 yd line.. :D looks like we'll play closer to your neck of the woods next week..... see you then :)

Gobbler Fan
11-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Cuero Defense shines .....nice job Gobblers

gobblerfan02
11-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I was parked up by the pressbox on the 50 yd line.. :D looks like we'll play closer to your neck of the woods next week..... see you then :)

Ain't that the truth, hopefully only a 10-15 minute drive to the alamodome!....but even Seguin wouldn't be bad!

Flourhead
11-13-2004, 12:54 AM
cuero is playing wimberley in the alamodome on saturday

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Congrats on the win, Gobblers!

gobbler grad
11-13-2004, 12:56 AM
GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap: Way to go guys...defense stepped up tonight and totally shut them down....offense played great and was really fired up putting 14 points on the board early in the 1st qtr. congrat. to all and lets get ready for Wimberly.

gobblerfan02
11-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Flourhead

ALRIGHT, THAT'S PERFECT FOR ME! Maybe the fam. can even stay and visit after the game(if @ 2pm) or stay the nite if later. Couldn't work out any better. Way to go gobblers, 11-0, keep the home crowd proud!

crabman
11-13-2004, 01:10 AM
The West Columbia offense that has been averaging 300 yards rushing per game was held to 9 yards! The offense of West Columbia only crossed the 50 one time in the game and did not score. The only score was on a blocked punt.
Fantastic defense. West Columbia showed why they were 9-1 also. Swarming defense and one stud of a defensive end. Andrew Jones. Great game on both sides.

Flourhead
11-13-2004, 01:15 AM
dude... he plays for the braves... what is he doing in high school?

Flourhead
11-13-2004, 01:16 AM
well i guess all those west columbia people that talked crap about our speed and our team will now know that i wasnt lying

gobblerfan02
11-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap: Way to go guys...defense stepped up tonight and totally shut them down....offense played great and was really fired up putting 14 points on the board early in the 1st qtr. congrat. to all and lets get ready for Wimberly.

ATTENTION ALL GOBBLER FANS: Yes, Cuero's offense came out in tonight's game firing on ALL cylinders for the first two drives of the game...but there is still some adjustments that need to be made to the offense! I know the gobbler boys will work hard every day in preparation for next weeks game, but tonight's kudos go to the eleven players on Defense. Defense wins championships and tonight Cuero's D showed up in style. Congrats again to all the players!

gobbler grad
11-13-2004, 01:17 AM
he was quick, but i didn't see no 4.1 speed that was posted earlier

Flourhead
11-13-2004, 01:21 AM
yeah he got shut down... i think he had one reception... maybe two

gobbler grad
11-13-2004, 01:30 AM
9 yrds. rushing.....this team was 9-1:thinking:

44INAROW
11-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
9 yrds. rushing.....this team was 9-1:thinking:

kinda makes you think........... :thinking:

Gobbler Fan
11-13-2004, 01:33 AM
Halletsville will make it a sweep tomorrow night .

gobbler grad
11-13-2004, 01:36 AM
I agree gobbler fan

Necked72
11-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Congratulations Cuero .. Your team played a great game.
We were definitely out coached tonight. I not sure why we were trying to run the ball up the middle when our passing game would have split your defense...... But I'm not the coach..

Great game, Good luck on your way to state.

Necked72

gobbler grad
11-13-2004, 01:50 AM
I was wondering why we kept running it up the middle too, but were not coaches...you all do have a great defense

Gobbler Fan
11-13-2004, 01:51 AM
Well when your averaging close to 300 yds per game with the run your coach was sticking with what got you here ....Cuero's speed was something WC hasnt seen all year. There was some hitting going on all game .

gobbler grad
11-13-2004, 01:55 AM
there was some hard hitting from both sides...should be alot of sore bodies in the morning or this afternoon

chubbed_up
11-13-2004, 02:05 AM
yeah that stud of ane end was a punk too...no class at all. he also was not very smart and that is all

Highschoolfan78
11-13-2004, 02:14 AM
great game gobblers... That was fantastic defense tonight!! Congradulations to a very talented WC team on a wonderful season. People in my dorm hall from West Columbia were right about their defense when they were tellin me about yall this week. Your defense was very fast and very hard hitting. Gobblers you know now what the playoff victory taste like, but if you like the taste then continue to excell and build off of tonight's victory. Congrads boys

SintonFan
11-13-2004, 03:06 AM
Hey Gobblers! I made $5 off you tonight!:D

LogieJoeBean001
11-13-2004, 05:25 AM
Congratulations Gobblers!!! I knew you guys could do it. In the words of Johnnypaycheck (WC fan) ya'll really shoved it up their stovepipe!! I read all the smackmouth talk WC posted on here for a whole week. I haven't seen too many of them posting now. I think you finally shut them up. Was that their total offensive yards, only 9 yards? Wow!

All week they kept saying how Cuero was just a stepping stone on their way to the state championship. It looks like you guys are well on your way. Good luck next week!

Come join us for basketball season Necks!!!!

rhs78
11-13-2004, 08:24 AM
congrats gooblers,big win, you did your talking on the field where it counts,good luck next week take it one game at a time and the trophy might be your grasp

bd62
11-13-2004, 08:56 AM
congrs. cuero. great defense . w.c. talked a lot of crap about beating wharton by 23 and cuero only beat them by one point but the cuero team prove to them that you can not compare scores.
you do it on the field. if hallettsville takes care of business it will be a clean sweep for 263a.

gobblerfan02
11-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Congratulations Gobblers!!! I knew you guys could do it. In the words of Johnnypaycheck (WC fan) ya'll really shoved it up their stovepipe!! I read all the smackmouth talk WC posted on here for a whole week. I haven't seen too many of them posting now. I think you finally shut them up. Was that their total offensive yards, only 9 yards? Wow!

All week they kept saying how Cuero was just a stepping stone on their way to the state championship. It looks like you guys are well on your way. Good luck next week!

The 9 yards was referring to their 9 TOTAL YARDS OF RUSHING! I think they had over a 100 yards passing due to a 60 yard pass that should have been called back due to motion on the line, but WC only passed the 50 yd line ONCE in the whole game and the offense never scored. A blocked punt was their 7 pts of the game.

gobblerfan02
11-13-2004, 10:05 AM
I read this somewhere, but I believe wc had been averaging close to 300 yds rushing per game, dont know where that stat came from though or the truth behind it, ill try and look it up, but they couldn't run anywhere except backerds last nite!

gobblerfan02
11-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by bd62
congrs. cuero. great defense . w.c. talked a lot of crap about beating wharton by 23 and cuero only beat them by one point but the cuero team prove to them that you can not compare scores.
you do it on the field. if hallettsville takes care of business it will be a clean sweep for 263a.

GO HALLETSVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2004, 11:10 AM
The 9 yards was referring to their 9 TOTAL YARDS OF RUSHING! I think they had over a 100 yards passing due to a 60 yard pass that should have been called back due to motion on the line, but WC only passed the 50 yd line ONCE in the whole game and the offense never scored. A blocked punt was their 7 pts of the game.

Wow 9 yards. If Cueros defense has step it up, ya'll will be hard to beat or stay in the game with. Good luck against Wimberly.

Necked
11-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Congrats to Cuero, ya'lls defense really stepped it up last night. Seems like we started every drive from our own freakin' 10 yrd line. I guess it was too much to expect our team to go from 1-9 to beating the top ranked team in one year. I'm sure we'll be stronger next year with the load of experienced players we have coming back. Only losing 8 seniors, and only one is a skills position player, so next year should be a good one.
Of note for Cuero fans, Columbia's last four playoff losses prior to last night have been to teams that ended up in the championship game, so you may have some extra mojo working for you now!

gobbler grad
11-13-2004, 11:54 AM
i think you guys will be right here in the playoff hunt next year....you got some good experience coming back...good luck

Flourhead
11-13-2004, 11:56 AM
i know i read a post on here about WC's passing game being able to pick our defense apart... well here you go buddy... 9 of 24 isnt much

g$$
11-15-2004, 02:41 AM
Congrats to Cuero. I made the game Friday night & it was a hard-hitting affair. WC looked shell-shocked & nervous at the beginning, then settled down & played pretty well. Their defense was stout after the first 4 minutes of the game. Cuero definitely misses Cooper, but who wouldn't? Cuero will coast through Region 4, but I believe a team that can throw the ball will give them some trouble. WC may regret not going to it earlier because they had some success passing late in the game. Take nothing away from the Gobblers, as they are salty & have great tradition. WC had a fine season & returns almost everyone. Brian Lane has done a fine job there. However, he left himself open to question why he went for it on 4th down twice from inside his own 25 yd. line, once with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter? And, why he onsides kicked with 5 minutes to go & 2 timeouts trailing 14-7? His defense was playing well & he may have gotten the ball back at midfield with a chance to at least tie the game. But hindsight is 20-20. WC just could not run the ball at all against the Gobblers. Cuero may have the biggest O-line I have ever seen at the 3A level. The Nigh kid is a fine looking lineman for Cuero, & Andrew Jones is as well for WC. Both were dominant. Enjoyable game for a neutral fan. Good luck.

GreenMonster
11-15-2004, 03:17 AM
hi

Jody
11-15-2004, 07:34 AM
WOW! I did not expect this one to be so far apart. Did WC have a lot of turnovers or something?

scrub c
11-15-2004, 08:34 AM
I read this somewhere, but I believe wc had been averaging close to 300 yds rushing per game, dont know where that stat came from though or the truth behind it,

yeah, our boys were avg 300 rush, just ask anyone we played.
Not sure what happened out there on the field, but from the stands...it looked like cuero just flat out handed it to our soph-O-line. Talking to some of the coaches after the game, they said that was the best defense cuero had played out of the films they had seen. Oh well, thats the way it goes sometimes.

scrub c
11-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
I haven't seen too many of them posting now. I think you finally shut them up.

Im still here..
Now we can talk smack about running the table in thump-thump. Does wharton even play thump-thump?

underware
11-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Flourhead

Ummm? Cuero is playing on Saturday in Seguin at 6 PM. Don't know where you get your facts?