PDA

View Full Version : Decatur 59 West 14 FINAL

statebound
11-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Decatur wins big over West tonight--- headed to the Regional playoff next week vs. Gainesville (Gainesville 36 Graham 13 I believe)

Dont forget loyal leopards---- WEEK 3 Decatur 58 Gainesville 23-

and were ready to bring some more

STATE CHAMPS WHAT WHAT WE JUST KICKED YOUR BUTT BUTT

P.S. any poll that has Cuero above Decatur is wrong. Decatur came in to the regular season with the toughest schedule in class 3A in Texas and came out 10-0 with favorable margins every week. Cuero wins by small margins almost every week over practically unheard of teams.

( Does anyone know cuero vs. West Columbia results?)

DECATUR EAGLES 11-0 ( We'll be the ones with trophy in hand come December 12th at Texas Stadium)

Chief Woodman
11-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Wow. I sure hope you are not from Decatur. Don't be so arrogant.

statebound
11-12-2004, 11:41 PM
not arrogant CONFIDENT

those boys have the talent it takes to get it done if they have the heart i have complete faith in them and if im wrong so be it but i just want to see them prosper

Keith7
11-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by statebound
not arrogant CONFIDENT

those boys have the talent it takes to get it done if they have the heart i have complete faith in them and if im wrong so be it but i just want to see them prosper

I'm ready for next week............

I hope the decatur football team is like you and thinks Gainesville is gonna be a push over because of the first game.. just keep on thinking that please..

This just proves how high Decatur's heads are and makes it that much funner to knock them down

statebound
11-13-2004, 12:02 AM
i dont think id take much analysis from me--- i am a high school GIRL with not much but enough football knowledge with a brother on the team. i havent missed more than 5 decatur games in the last 5 years and i bleed blue. the coaching staff and boys are all but humble and its always fun to talk smack even if your team isnt very good.

Gimme a lil slack

SinTon_Boi_32
11-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Texas Stadium...HmmM:thinking:

Keith7
11-13-2004, 12:04 AM
i dont think id take much analysis from me--- i am a high school GIRL with not much but enough football knowledge with a brother on the team. i havent missed more than 5 decatur games in the last 5 years and i bleed blue. the coaching staff and boys are all but humble and its always fun to talk smack even if your team isnt very good.

Gimme a lil slack

i know not everyone from decatur thinks the way you expressed your joy in your original post..

but good luck next week and i hope for an injury free game.. Gainesville hsa more then enough talent to eat you guys alive they just gotta go out and exicute.. good luck

statebound
11-13-2004, 12:12 AM
good luck to your boys too. I hate to see anyone hurt. theyre just high school boys playing in a game that wont determine any status in 50 years. all the smack is just in good fun. Coach story will have these boys working hard all week so i guarantee that whoever wins its not going to be easy.

and i think i know who will be playing scout team for purvey. Mom will have a few wounds to fix this week after practice (LOL)

Keith7
11-13-2004, 12:14 AM

and i think i know who will be playing scout team for purvey. Mom will have a few wounds to fix this week after practice (LOL)

You guys are having Priest Holmes come play scout team for you guys??

statebound
11-13-2004, 12:20 AM
im confused--- i was talking about my brother -- last time we played gainesville he ran purvey against our defense and got a few scrapes from the linebackers

Keith7
11-13-2004, 12:22 AM
im confused--- i was talking about my brother -- last time we played gainesville he ran purvey against our defense and got a few scrapes from the linebackers

i was joking... i was saying that Purvey is as good as Priest Holmes, but hes really not.. but he is the 6th best high school running back in the nation

KTJ
11-13-2004, 12:23 AM
I think--scratch that, I KNOW--there is a difference between COCKY and CONFIDENT. And right now, you're exhibiting the former.

44INAROW
11-13-2004, 12:24 AM
never mind..

statebound
11-13-2004, 12:24 AM
like i said i know not very much but enough about football---- dont laugh at me but WHOS PRIEST HOLMES?

44INAROW
11-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by SinTon_Boi_32
Texas Stadium...HmmM:thinking:

Sinton Boi - how'd you guys come out tonight? I am not going to even acknowledge Statebound's comments, after I read further, it explains the first post lol lol:eek:

black&blue
11-13-2004, 12:47 AM
statebound:
You are an embarrassment to everyone in Decatur. Try to win with a little bit of class. The fact that you are a girl with a brother on the team is no excuse. You are giving a negative impression about the community of Decatur to people from all over the state of Texas. Please think before you speak.

Everyone else:
I appologize for Statebound's comments. Please note that her opinions do not reflect the entire community of Decatur.

statebound
11-13-2004, 12:49 AM
its all in good fun--

Underwater Basketweaver
11-13-2004, 01:17 AM
its all in good fun--

It may be all in good fun to you, but it is also bulletin board material for Gainesville. They are good enough as it is. We don't need to make them mad. I'm sure they have enough motivation after the first game. Don't give them anymore. We do our trash talking on the scoreboard. Notice how everyone thinks you are being cocky, well that gets back to the players on both teams. It doesn't sound good. Just say, yahoo, we won, and good luck Gainesville. That's plenty and your still supporting your team and your brother.

gbizzle_9lion
11-13-2004, 02:07 PM
those guys from decatur are very classy one person(statebound) could not ruin the amount of respect i and many other people have for those guys. but i have a question for you guys: is there something "different" in the water up? there cuz from what i saw when we played all of those guys were talented starters through the backups

Chief Woodman
11-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Just my take, but nothing different in the water here. But the coaches are so good at getting the most out of practice time that they often get many more reps in passing and recieving than most teams might. With each "snap" there are at least 5 persons throwing a football ( Dane, Cobb, one other QB and 2 coaches). That also means that with each "snap" 5 recievers are catching balls. The result is that the receivers catch a ton of balls each practice and work on routes which makes them a lot better than say a team that only throws 1 or 2 balls each "Snap". Also, there is very little time between each snap due to the hustle the coaches demand out of the players.

Pracitce makes perfect- perfectly right or perfectly wrong. If you practice it right each time and DEMAND perfection the results are better. If you practice it wrong and are satisfied with your practice being imperfect, you can expect you game day performance to be even worse than you practice.