PDA

View Full Version : 4A - Kerrville Tivy 28 - Burnet 24

KTJ
11-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Burnet loses at home for the first time since 2000. (I think it's 2000).

And they haven't had an exit this early from the playoffs in a long time.

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Well, better luck next year! You'll get there again!

Chief Woodman
11-12-2004, 11:40 PM
My condolances to Olddawggreen and son.

olddawggreen
11-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
My condolances to Olddawggreen and son.

Thanks Chief. Losing the game wasn't the hard part for me, the guys played a great game, just kind of ran out of time:( ;) . The really hard part, as Im sure you experienced last year with your son, was coming to the realization that I had just seen my son play his last football game, ever. That was what really hit Mrs. Olddawg and I. It was the first of a number of final things he will experience in high school as he goes through his Senior year.

Time goes by way too fast. Im gratefull I will have 2 more sons moving up. One will be a freshman next year and the other in 8th grade so I still have pleanty to keep me busy, but man it really hit me to see my oldest finish up.

With the dogs finishing up so early this year, I will have time to do a little hunting and to keep up with some of the other teams Im pulling for. Decatur is definatly one of those teams. Nothing against Gainesville, they earned my respect last year, but I declared Decatur my "North Texas Team" last year and am really excited to see them have such a great year. Good luck to the Eagles!

jbulldawg
11-17-2004, 01:07 PM
My son in law graduated from Tivy (my daughter from Jasper ) so both teams have played Burnet. Burnet has a great program. I am sure it was an awsome game. Its hard when you realize your kids have grown up and are leaving home. I feel for ya'

Bandera YaYa
11-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Yeah, the end of his playing football is only the beginning of ends for a senior.....wait until you get to the graduation part.....now that is really sad!! :(