PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 24, Rockdale 21 Final

Chupacabra
11-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Bellville intercepts a Rockdale pass on the Bellville 1 yard line with about 1:30 left to kill Rockdale's comeback drive.

Turnovers 4:1 in Bellville's favor.

Congratulations to Rockdale on a good season, and to Bellville for advancing to round 2.

That sets up Bellville vs. Marlin IV next week, let's even the series Brahmas.

CheerMom
11-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Congrats, Brahmas!!!! Great win!!! Good Luck next week. You know we will be cheering you on!!

Go Raiders :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Congradulations Bellville! Lets keep District 20-3A on the bracketts!

JettJenkins04
11-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Great win Brahmas.

BrahmaMom
11-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Way to go, Brahmas! What a game, from the sound of it. It isn't over till the final second! The Tigers didn't stop fighting till the end--wow.

marlin fan
11-13-2004, 12:29 AM
BRAMAMOM ARE U COMMING TO THE MARLIN BELLVILLE GAME?????

SintonFan
11-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Congratulations Brahmas! You guys have really come around.:cool:
Sorry about the loss Rockdale.

sinton66
11-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Tell us brahma fans, how did our own BBDE and tiger_wr do in the game?

HornetMom
11-13-2004, 12:43 AM
I am sure the BBDE and tiger_wr were in the thick of things. Congrats Bellville.

Rockdale, we were rooting for you.

CHSBaseball07
11-13-2004, 12:57 AM
Good season Rockdale....Hornet Mom is right...we were pullin for ya....Almost pulled it off...great season

chs_cheer06
11-13-2004, 01:01 AM
Way to go Bellville.. i was rootin for y'all Rockdale... who does bellville play next week? when? where?

CHS_CG
11-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Yup we were across town rootin for yall. BurntOrangeHornet was givin us updates! Great season Rockdale!

rhs78
11-13-2004, 01:20 AM
good game bellville and good luck next week vs marlin,, also give rockdale credit,they played a very good game.

faithfuldog
11-13-2004, 03:01 AM
Congrats Bellville....Ya'll are playing good ball undoubtedly. Looking forward to another great game next week.
Hats off to Rockdale..you represented the area well this year.

keep_it_real
11-13-2004, 04:34 AM
Guys I really was rooting for rockdale but I want to say congrats to Bellville they really wanted the win and they played their hearts out. They wanted it more, good job guys and good luck next week.

rhs78
11-13-2004, 08:06 AM
this was a very exciting game(i was there) both teams played very well. what i'm about to say is to the Bellville crowd and no disrespect is intended but as a bystander the fans were very laid back, and not a lot of emotion,heck i was yelling defense,defense and got some strange looks, even when it got very close late in 4th qtr,most fans were setting down, heck i was standing and yelling, some of the players were raising their hands tring to get crowd into it and very few responded, what i'm tring to say is teams feed off the crowds energy, and last nite they only got scraps. i'm on your side and thaught a little constructive crit. from someome that is not a homey might help. ya'll made more noise at the swamp with less fans last week. i don't want to make ya'll mad but this is the playoff's feed the team.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Bellville got the breaks in this one, Bellville did not at all play, near as good as I have seen them play on occasions, If the Brahmas would have played with the intensity, they had against Navasota, and Rice, the game would have never been close. I give credit to Rockdale, a very good team that almost got the upset. For Bellville you get ready to give 110% against Marlin, this one will have to be, up to date you best performance, to get a shot at moving on!
Go Bellville Beat Marlin!

Bellville22
11-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Two very exciting D19 vs. D20 games last night. For the people who attended, this one had all the excitement of the one that took place across town.

Whether it was Bellville's youth or Rockdale's talent, Bellville struggled in the first half, and was VERY fortunate to have a 10-7 halftime lead. They showed a little life in the 2nd half, jumping out to a 24-7 lead, but tip your hats to the Tigers, who refused to give up.

After recovering an onside kick down 24-21, it looked like they may pull the upset and advance. But Bellville's Josh Bryant comes up with the huge play, intercepting a pass near the goal-line.

Turnovers were huge in this one. Rockdale fumbled twice in Bellville territory, and then fumbled again in the 3rd, which was returned for the game-winning TD.

Congrats to Rockdale on never giving up. Congrats to Bellville on holding their ground and fending off the comeback. What an exciting game.

Old Tiger
11-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Bellville played a good game good sports throughout the game. I was shocked by what was yelled as I was standing outside of the lockeroom when Bellville's bus pulled off to leave.

RTX 14
11-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
...I was shocked by what was yelled as I was standing outside of the lockeroom when Bellville's bus pulled off to leave.

yea, same here, shows some of the class of bellville, but in all, bellville played a really good game, rockdale almost came back, turnovers played a big one in this game

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Would you let us in on what yall are talking about?

Old Tiger
11-14-2004, 06:14 PM
it's not appropriate

sinton66
11-14-2004, 06:16 PM
send him a pm, Casey, he needs to know. FBB is a good guy.