PDA

View Full Version : Daingerfield 17 Pittsburg 14 (Final)

fatcat255
11-12-2004, 11:15 PM
nm

Buckeye80
11-12-2004, 11:55 PM
All of a sudden Pittsburg doesn't look so bad huh?
I'm telling y'all that Pitt has a tough little team, and they should be very good in the next few years with the kids they have coming up, and the new coaching staff.

Good win Daingerfield. Now go beat Tatum! I'm tired of hearing about them.

PPHSfan
11-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Let's look at their wins and their losses.

Wins.

New Boston 42-14
Mineola 34-7
Gladewater 20-16
Gladewater Sabine 48-7

Not a solid team in any of those wins.

Now let's look at their losses.

Daingerfiled 8-34
Paris North Lamar 4A 35-2
Winnsboro 13-14
Kaufman 6-10
Mount Vernon 7-41
Gilmer 18-22
Daingerfield 14-17

All of thier wins were against weak teams.

They played Daingerfield close this time, and they played Gilmer close, but they were blown out by Daingerfield in week one, and Paris North Lamar and Mount Vernon just embarrased them.

Here are my thoughts.

Pick one.

1. Pittsburg found a whole lot of game in week 7

2. The entire Gilmer team had the flu when they played Pittsburg.

3. Daingerfield is not near the team they were in week one.

4. Gilmer had better watch out for Mount Vernon in week 3.

Please tell me which one I should go with.,

Buckeye80
11-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

Pick one.

1. Pittsburg found a whole lot of game in week 7

2. The entire Gilmer team had the flu when they played Pittsburg.

3. Daingerfield is not near the team they were in week one.

4. Gilmer had better watch out for Mount Vernon in week 3.

Please tell me which one I should go with.,

1. I think they finally started to adjust to a new coaching scheme around week 7.

2. To my knowledge, we only had one player sick that night; which was starting LB Daniel Dodd, who was ill with
Pancreaitis (sic.)

3. Daingerfield actually has been playing better at the end of the season although the scores may not reflect that.

4. The Purple Tigers have a very solid team again this year, and they probably would love nothing more than a shot at Gilmer following two years of being dominated in district 11-3A. They always have good athletes and could play Gilmer a very good game if we look past them. But speaking of looking past, we have the Spring Hill/Van winner in the second round first. So we'll concentrate on that for the time being.

Point: It was stated prior to the start of district play on this board that the only way Pittsburg makes the playoffs is is they receive points for halftime. All I'm saying is that I disagree with that after having seen them play. They had a brilliant game plan against Gilmer and executed almost flawlessly. They just got "out talented" at the end.
Am I saying that Pittsburg would have played for the Reg. Championship had they gone to the other side of the bracket? Of course not; but they were playing some very respectable football toward the end of the season. It's not completely unheard of that the "lights come on" for some teams halfway through the season. Two years ago, Jefferson started off 0-5, then swept district and finished the season 5-6 losing in bi-district to Rusk (Check me on the Rusk part. I could be wrong.)

Oh well. That's my two cents.

PPHSfan
11-13-2004, 11:23 AM
I think Gilmer just didn't show up when they played Pittsburg.

Sorry, but I am still not convinced that Pitt has a solid team. But I am probably wrong. Good luck to Gilmer this week. You know from the past that I have said the Buckeyes are the real deal.

Buckeye80
11-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I think Gilmer just didn't show up when they played Pittsburg.

Sorry, but I am still not convinced that Pitt has a solid team. But I am probably wrong. Good luck to Gilmer this week. You know from the past that I have said the Buckeyes are the real deal.

I know that, and I always respect your opinion. Your obsession with high school football appears to run deeper than mine, and that is frightening.
I just know that being at the Pitt/Gilmer game, and reading about it in the paper or seeing the score the next day are different things entirely. It wasn't that we played bad. We played bad against Mineola and still won by 36. Pitt just came to play against us for some reason.
Maybe that was a one time showing for that program, but it still was good to see.