PDA

View Full Version : ESPN article on UTEP's Mike Price - "Striking Gold"

KTJ
11-12-2004, 06:06 PM
He has really changed things around. I hope UTEP can keep him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=1921400

Maroon87
11-12-2004, 07:06 PM
A bitter irony: the more UTEP wins, the less likely they are to keep him for very long.

Keith7
11-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
He has really changed things around. I hope UTEP can keep him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=1921400

hey i just realized something KTJ u fooled me.. you said that inorder for one of the coaches i mentioned to win coach of the year they must get a BCS bowl bid, well UTEP is a much greater long shot then Utah or Cal to get a BCS bowl bid so why would u think he has a greater chance then Urban Meyers(Utah's Coach) or Jeff Tedford(Cal's Coach)

KTJ
11-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
A bitter irony: the more UTEP wins, the less likely they are to keep him for very long.

I don't think that's true. I think Price will be there for a few years at least. (could be wrong though)

KTJ
11-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
hey i just realized something KTJ u fooled me.. you said that inorder for one of the coaches i mentioned to win coach of the year they must get a BCS bowl bid, well UTEP is a much greater long shot then Utah or Cal to get a BCS bowl bid so why would u think he has a greater chance then Urban Meyers(Utah's Coach) or Jeff Tedford(Cal's Coach)

I said it would increase their (Tedford or Meyer) chances to win COTY if they go to a BCS bowl; not that they necessarily have to go to one to win it.

And UTEP won't go to a BCS bowl. They are #24 in the BCS rankings and don't play in a BCS league. So to even get consideration, they'd have to be undefeated, at least.

Maroon87
11-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I don't think that's true. I think Price will be there for a few years at least. (could be wrong though)

I hope you're right for UTEP's sake. It's nice to see them winning for a change. I hope he stays and gets them into a few bowl games.