PDA

View Full Version : Graduating at Fall Break....Advantage or Disadvantage?

AggieJohn
11-18-2003, 11:18 PM
So shipley and mcgee are graduating at break...hmm..this is starting to becomee a popular trend.....what are your takes on it..?

PAINTBALL
11-18-2003, 11:45 PM
I heard Shipley may finish the year. It would look good for Burnet track and golf if he did. I would rather see him play baseball, but I'm sure it will be track and golf.

AggieJohn
11-19-2003, 12:19 PM
see like i am all for it...like if your going into your senior year and have already committed and can get the credits to graduate, do it.....i iknowthat my senior year we had a lot of seniors that had potential to go play ball somewhere, but after the season was over, they had no motive for keeping themselves in shape, for focusing on grades...their was no motivation..so i think grad. at fall break keeps them out of trouble and on a sucessful academic and athletic track

AggieJohn
11-19-2003, 12:19 PM
see like i am all for it...like if your going into your senior year and have already committed and can get the credits to graduate, do it.....i iknowthat my senior year we had a lot of seniors that had potential to go play ball somewhere, but after the season was over, they had no motive for keeping themselves in shape, for focusing on grades...their was no motivation..so i think grad. at fall break keeps them out of trouble and on a sucessful academic and athletic track

JasperDog94
11-19-2003, 01:02 PM
explayer2001:
see like i am all for it...like if your going into your senior year and have already committed and can get the credits to graduate, do it.....i iknowthat my senior year we had a lot of seniors that had potential to go play ball somewhere, but after the season was over, they had no motive for keeping themselves in shape, for focusing on grades...their was no motivation..so i think grad. at fall break keeps them out of trouble and on a sucessful academic and athletic trackAre they starting college in the spring?

olddog73
11-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Yes, that is what has been said. That way they will be at spring training at UT and A&M. Both Shipley and McGee have excelent grads and the required credits to graduate in December if they choose to do so.

<small>[ November 19, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

dawg03
11-19-2003, 01:39 PM
I couldn't imagine graduating at fall break. I graduated from Burnet, and you miss all the fun, granted football is one of the highlights of the year especially in Burnet, but the fun of being a Senior, is graduation, and spending those last months with your fellow classmates! wink

JasperDog94
11-19-2003, 02:10 PM
olddog73:
Yes, that is what has been said. That way they will be at spring training at UT and A&M. Both Shipley and McGee have excelent grads and the required credits to graduate in December if they choose to do so.Are they on block scheduling?

jason
11-19-2003, 02:34 PM
there's no way i would have missed the last semester of my sr year...

AggieJohn
11-24-2003, 10:41 AM
but man for the opportunity to be in college and be in the prestigious programs...wow...now are mcgee and shipley still up to doing that