PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what happened at Dallas Pinkston?

LineCoach
10-24-2003, 11:37 AM
I have heard from a couple of people that there was a massive athlete walk-out at Pinkston yesterday. People said it was reported on the Channel 5 News. I am unable to find anything about it and wondered if any of you had heard what happened.

crzyjournalist03
10-24-2003, 11:40 AM
possibly their whole football team...all 12 of them... :D :D :D ...but seriously, I haven't heard anything about it, and considering that the only sport they care about is basketball, I wouldn't be too concerned.

LineCoach
10-24-2003, 12:20 PM
No doubt it's a bad situation at Pinkston, and believe me I wouldn't give a second thought to the situation except that we play them tonight and I was just wondering what to expect.

Rabbit'93
10-24-2003, 01:49 PM
I saw the report on ch5. Some kids are complaining that the AD/Head FB Coach will not let them play other sports unless they play football. This prompted a walk-out of some 100 kids. DISD said the kids will be punished for the act though.

My take is that it was probably several kids on the team that felt this way and some other kids followed suit. I'm not so sure Pinkston has 100 kids in the athletic program total.

If it is true I think the coach/AD needs to revisit his policies. You can't make a kid play a sport he doesn't want to.

3afan
10-24-2003, 01:51 PM
they need better participation in football or they may have to drop the sport. getting by with 15-20 players is tough.

footballguy 22
10-25-2003, 12:19 PM
MOST OF THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS QUIT OR WALK OUT BEFORE THE FIRST DISTRICT GAME.

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2003, 12:31 PM
From the picture that was posted a week or so ago, with the fan "support" their football team has, it is no wonder no one wants to play. There didn't appear to be enough fans in the stands to average more than 1-2 fans/player. This AD needs to get a grip or he'll be lucky to have players in any other sports either.

Commerce Fan
10-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Rabbit'93:
I saw the report on ch5. Some kids are complaining that the AD/Head FB Coach will not let them play other sports unless they play football. This prompted a walk-out of some 100 kids. DISD said the kids will be punished for the act though.

My take is that it was probably several kids on the team that felt this way and some other kids followed suit. I'm not so sure Pinkston has 100 kids in the athletic program total.

If it is true I think the coach/AD needs to revisit his policies. You can't make a kid play a sport he doesn't want to.This happened in the girls program at Commerce 4 years ago and the girls said fine we will just not play and didn't. I do not know if they have recovered from it yet?
I talked to John Clay(Pinkston's old coach) a few years ago and he said the kids had very little dicipline and that when the going got tuff they would just leave. He said the team that shows up this week may not be there for the next week. Only when they were winning could he count on any type of participation at all.