PDA

View Full Version : Number of Seniors on Playoff Teams

Bullaholic
11-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Do you think the teams that go deepest into the playoffs historically have the greatest number of seniors playing? I don't know how to verify this statistically, but old time footballers always pin their season hopes on the number of upperclassmen on a team.

Old Cardinal
11-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Hope that is not true! Bridge City has 6 Seniors dressed out, 4 are starters. Darryl Stevens came back out this year to help out even though his heart is in getting a baseball 4 year scholarship. That little help he could give has really helped them to make the playoffs. The young birds will give their all, win or lose tonight. I am Old Cardinal and I approve of this message...

I always wanted to do that!

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Hope that is not true! Bridge City has 6 Seniors dressed out, 4 are starters. Darryl Stevens came back out this year to help out even though his heart is in getting a baseball 4 year scholarship. That little help he could give has really helped them to make the playoffs. The young birds will give their all, win or lose tonight. I am Old Cardinal and I approve of this message...

I always wanted to do that! LOL!! man...EVERYONE seems to be in good spirits and on a roll this morning...i'm lovin it!

Bullaholic
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I always wanted to do that!

Thanks Old Cardinal...that's the kind of detailed team info I like to "pull out" in my posts, and thank for providing it. Good Luck to a "young" BC team.

Hupernikomen
11-12-2004, 02:12 PM
jasper has a bunch of seniors and most of their starters are seniors. I think all but 6 starters are seniors is what I noticed against Silsbee.