LH Panther Mom
11-11-2004, 11:22 PM
nm

Stangster
11-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Congrats to Yoakum

gobblerfan02
11-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Im hopin for a 26-3A sweep of 25-3A! Go Dawgs!

CheerMom
11-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Way to go, Yoakum!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

gobbler grad
11-11-2004, 11:30 PM
that would be fantastic gobblerfan

44INAROW
11-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Nice job Yoakum. :clap: :clap:

gobbler grad
11-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Coach Crow is CROWING tonight!!!

pirate4state
11-12-2004, 12:00 AM
:clap: Congrats to Yoakum!! :clap:

Old Green
11-12-2004, 05:43 AM
Way to go Yoakum.:clap: :clap:

bd62
11-12-2004, 06:31 AM
tks. old green. we did play great .especially the second half. tks. to all the cuero fans who were cheering on yoakum last nite. myself and many more yoakum fans sure will return the favor tonite. good luck to gobblers tonite.

Old Green
11-12-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by bd62
tks. old green. we did play great .especially the second half. tks. to all the cuero fans who were cheering on yoakum last nite. myself and many more yoakum fans sure will return the favor tonite. good luck to gobblers tonite. Thanks bd62. Jace Braden is really coming on the last few games. He was playing his heart out.:clap:

Old Green
11-12-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by bd62
tks. old green. we did play great .especially the second half. tks. to all the cuero fans who were cheering on yoakum last nite. myself and many more yoakum fans sure will return the favor tonite. good luck to gobblers tonite. Give me a call tonight at the game. Gobbla and I will sit with you.

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 07:19 AM
way to go Yoakum!!! KICKIN TAIL!!

rhs78
11-12-2004, 08:15 AM
great job bulldogs, keep it going

RiverRatDad
11-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Congrats to the Bulldogs and good luck the rest of the way.

GOFOR2
11-12-2004, 09:07 AM
way to go Yoakum.
my money was on you guys all the time.
Discipline is so important.....what Wharton lacks.

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
way to go Yoakum.
Discipline is so important.....what Wharton lacks. yup...i remember you posting that very thing. now who do they play in round 2? the winner of the Liberty Hill -vs- (insert team here) game right???

GOFOR2
11-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yup...i remember you posting that very thing. now who do they play in round 2? the winner of the Liberty Hill -vs- (insert team here) game right???

Liberty Hill vs. Marion winner (prolly Liberty Hill)

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Liberty Hill vs. Marion winner (prolly Liberty Hill) thats right...Marion. thanks GF2... and i agree...most likely will be Liberty Hill -vs- Yoakum in the 2nd round. how do ya think Yoakum will stack up against L.H.??

Johnnypaycheck
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Looks like wharton got it shoved up their stovepipe...

bmbf_06
11-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
Looks like wharton got it shoved up their stovepipe... actually johnnypaycheck---we didnt really get it shoved up anything...we just had a few problems that we couldnt get rid of--you know its easy to hate--but you really dont know what you are talking about-- were you at the game? did you see how upset the team was? well, i did and to tell you the truth, i have never seen that from our guys before--so, u might want to look at the BIG picture before you start talking about these guys!

TIGER FAN FOR LIFE!!!!

GOFOR2
11-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Looks like wharton got it shoved up their stovepipe...

LMAO!!
That Yoakum-Liberty Hill game will be one for the ages.
Liberty Hill scoring 52 points per game prior to playing Wimberly and Yoakum with its stout defense. This is the game of the week next week, provided LH takes care of business tonight.

bmbf_06
11-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Looks like wharton got it shoved up their stovepipe... actually johnnypaycheck---we didnt really get it shoved up anything...we just had a few problems that we couldnt get rid of--you know its easy to hate--but you really dont know what you are talking about-- were you at the game? did you see how upset the team was? well, i did and to tell you the truth, i have never seen that from our guys before--so, u might want to look at the BIG picture before you start talking about these guys!

Johnnypaycheck
11-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Yoakum had 55 rushes for 328 yds (that is shoving it up your stovepipe!)
and they were 3-6 for 65 yds passing...

Yoakum ran the ball on you guys and you couldn't stop it...gave up almost 400 yds total...

don't get defensive, i was just stating the facts!

chugbug
11-12-2004, 10:09 AM
I picked the Tigers by 3 tds. Boy, what a fool I was. I should have known that when it gets close to basketball season, the Wharton team loses interest. It has happened in the past. Good luck in bastetball. GO TIGERS>:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :flamingma :flamingma :tongue:

raider red 2000
11-12-2004, 10:30 AM
way to go Yoakum.
Discipline is so important.....what Wharton lacks.

gofor2- what do you know about this wharton team? how can you say that they lack discipline......if you want to say that yoakum is disciplined then go ahead...they are. did the better team last night win...yes.....does winning a game make your team disciplined? i dont know

because one team is disciplined does that mean that the other team isnt? do the wharton kids cause trouble? do they fail their classes?

do they cuss the refs/other team/each other? i dont think so.

have you seen this team act undisciplined?

besides what makes you the upmost authority on discipline.

GOFOR2
11-12-2004, 10:38 AM
first, take a chill pill.
second, i sense hostility.
third, have a good basketball season.

Kool Tarpon 21
11-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Congratulations to the Bulldogs. I was at the game and let me tell you, Wharton has a lot of talent. I don't know what was wrong with them. I guess the coaching was a little bad. They're both great teams, but Wharton did make a lot of mistakes. Anyways, Wharton's quarterback is the best quarterback I've seen all year long. He has an arm. I give him props. All in all, the Bulldogs were able to capitalize on Wharton's mistakes. Yoakum took the win. By the way, I saw this guy from Liberty Hill there. He was pretty upset because Wharton lost. I also saw some Cuero people there. Well, Good Luck to the Bulldogs against their next opponent. Peace up, A-Town down.

whtfbplaya
11-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Wharton got killed on both lines all night and that is where this game was lost. The D is young in the secondary and will get alot better if they keep working. the line did not give the backers a chance to make any plays.

GOFOR2
11-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21
Congratulations to the Bulldogs. I was at the game and let me tell you, Wharton has a lot of talent. I don't know what was wrong with them. I guess the coaching was a little bad. They're both great teams, but Wharton did make a lot of mistakes. Anyways, Wharton's quarterback is the best quarterback I've seen all year long. He has an arm. I give him props. All in all, the Bulldogs were able to capitalize on Wharton's mistakes. Yoakum took the win. By the way, I saw this guy from Liberty Hill there. He was pretty upset because Wharton lost. I also saw some Cuero people there. Well, Good Luck to the Bulldogs against their next opponent. Peace up, A-Town down.

I second that, the QB is a stud.

briefcase
11-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Wharton had a very disciplined team last night. Used to they would get many unsportsman-like calls and illegal procedure calls all game. That was not the case last night. Give yoakum some credit, they executed well. They lost by 7 to Cuero and had chances to win that game. I think yoakum has a better team than people want to credit them for.

44INAROW
11-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by briefcase
Wharton had a very disciplined team last night. Used to they would get many unsportsman-like calls and illegal procedure calls all game. That was not the case last night. Give yoakum some credit, they executed well. They lost by 7 to Cuero and had chances to win that game. I think yoakum has a better team than people want to credit them for.

You got that right, Yoakum is alot better than people give them credit for!

gobblerfan02
11-12-2004, 12:30 PM
I just again wanted to say congrats to the dawgs for pulling this one out. Good luck the rest of the way, especially next week w/ a potential liberty hill matchup, should be another awesome game. Go District 26-3A!

Bull's-eye
11-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Congratulations Yoakum!! You have some of the best fans in 3A football.

bmbf_06
11-12-2004, 03:21 PM

Yoakum ran the ball on you guys and you couldn't stop it...gave up almost 400 yds total...

im not defensive, i just get tired of people talking bad about wharton--state the facts if you want, it just wasnt our night

TxRedneck13
11-12-2004, 03:39 PM
way to Go Yoakum good luck next week

GO PIRATES

whrtntig1
11-12-2004, 03:54 PM
it seems the everyone has forgotten Wharton had the Bulldogs sweating the first half of the game by leading them 21-14. I know the final score is what everyone looks at because it signals the winner. The best team that night won the game. Our team is disciplined now. This is the first year that the tigers have played together as a team without any controversy dealing with a "STAR". That's what made this loss so hard on the boys-they are finally a team. They also read 3adownlow and know the Wharton football team gets any or no recognition from the vast majority out there in 3adownlow land. We have some supporters but every day the guys come in and ask "What trash talking are they saying about us now?" How do I answer them when they ask why don't people like us? Someone tell me what to say to them Monday.

raider red 2000
11-12-2004, 04:19 PM
fun to watch.....encouraged each other...dont listen to outsiders who dont care about you.

who cares about you?
your teachers, your family, your coaches, and most importantly your teammates that ran and lifted and sweated right next to you.

seniors great job.

scrub c
11-12-2004, 04:23 PM
well said raider
".....most importantly your teammates that ran and lifted and sweated right next to you."

raider red 2000
11-12-2004, 04:30 PM
scrub- who is the home team tonite in yalls game?

bd62
11-12-2004, 05:42 PM
this years wharton team was by far the most displine bunch they have had. i saw them in the playoffs for the past 3 yrs. 2 yrs. ago against gonzales they had 100 yd. penalties first qt.
i know the yoakum coaches had lots of respect for the wharton coaches and players. we scrimage them every year so there is a relationship there. i talked to our defensice co-ordinator after the game last nite and he praised several of wharton players for there ability and just being good kids.

i think that wharton will continue to improve and be a force to reckon with for yrs. i really think that the competion in dist. with the exception of w.c. really hurt wharton. in 4 of there dist. game the outcome was decide by half time or early 3rd qt. for example in 263a cuero had 4 games that was not decided untill the last several minutes of game and they won all the games. yoakum had a battle to get into the playoffs after a last play of game field goal by hallettsville and a down to the end lost to cuero. so they were able to up it a notch in that second half and wharton was not able to do that because they have not had too. hopely for wharton and w.c. sake the other teams in the dist. can pick it up and give them some competion. or get rice c. back in yr. after next and that will pick it up. i may be wrong but thats my that on it.

LogieJoeBean001
11-12-2004, 07:17 PM

Stating the facts is one thing, making it in the way you did is a totally different matter, you moron. bmbf_06 was right. From one of the coaches, we had two very key guys who usually play flawless but had a very bad game last night. Unfortunately for us, the game they had that was their worst was one that was so important. These guys were torn up about it and we don't need you making an extrememly disappointing situation even worse!!! Stating the facts is fine, but you could have done it with more class. What am I saying, you have no class. Just wait until Cuero shoves it up WC's stovepipe!!!!! I'll be sure and remind you tomorrow.

LogieJoeBean001
11-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
fun to watch.....encouraged each other...dont listen to outsiders who dont care about you.

who cares about you?
your teachers, your family, your coaches, and most importantly your teammates that ran and lifted and sweated right next to you.

seniors great job.

I tell them that all the time, raider red. Last night on the way home, one of the boys called me on my cell phone to talk to me. He was asking if I was o.k.. Instead of only thinking of himself, he was thoughtful enough to ask about me!!!! I was so touched that he thought of calling me. He told me how upset all of the guys were. As corny as it might sound to some, there were some of the guys who were so disappointed that they were in tears,, especially the Seniors.

Yes, this team has truly come together and no there is no one person more important than another, or acting like they are, as the ONE individual that graduated last year always thought he was. Many of our boys do read what is said on this board and know that no one but us loyal Tiger fans even give them the time of day.

Discipline...yes they are more disciplined. The reduction of penalty yards speaks for itself.

I love you guys...like I said before...win or lose. You will never be losers to me! You had a great season and a better one to come next year!!!

You are and always will be....my MIGHTY FIGHTING WHARTON TIGERS!!!!!!

LogieJoeBean001
11-12-2004, 07:43 PM
first, take a chill pill.
second, i sense hostility.
third, have a good basketball season.

Not defensive, just SOOOOO DARN BLASTED TIRED of people hatin' on this fine group of young men and comparing them to teams of the past. They are the future, the new Wharton Tigers are here to stay!!! One day they'll live down the bad reputation left by those that have long since gone. And maybe, just maybe others can one day see them for the team that they truly are.

bmbf_06
11-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Not defensive, just SOOOOO DARN BLASTED TIRED of people hatin' on this fine group of young men and comparing them to teams of the past. They are the future, the new Wharton Tigers are here to stay!!! One day they'll live down the bad reputation left by those that have long since gone. And maybe, just maybe others can one day see them for the team that they truly are.

AMEN logie! wharton gets hated on for things that dont even matter-- i know from experience that it really sucks living with this reputation.....we arent what people say we are!

bmbf_06
11-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
I tell them that all the time, raider red. Last night on the way home, one of the boys called me on my cell phone to talk to me. He was asking if I was o.k.. Instead of only thinking of himself, he was thoughtful enough to ask about me!!!! I was so touched that he thought of calling me. He told me how upset all of the guys were. As corny as it might sound to some, there were some of the guys who were so disappointed that they were in tears,, especially the Seniors.

Yes, this team has truly come together and no there is no one person more important than another, or acting like they are, as the ONE individual that graduated last year always thought he was. Many of our boys do read what is said on this board and know that no one but us loyal Tiger fans even give them the time of day.

Discipline...yes they are more disciplined. The reduction of penalty yards speaks for itself.

I love you guys...like I said before...win or lose. You will never be losers to me! You had a great season and a better one to come next year!!!

You are and always will be....my MIGHTY FIGHTING WHARTON TIGERS!!!!!!

I LOVE MY WHARTON TIGER FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

scrub c
11-15-2004, 10:09 AM
go NECKS

whrtntig1
11-15-2004, 04:19 PM
I wish some people(adults)would realize how they lower themselves by calling others stupid names..that's not setting a good example for students and they think it's childish---get the hint!

cjeffsjeep
11-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
go NECKS

yea Go NECKS start basketball season Hey isnt that kinda like underwater basket weving

bc 76
11-16-2004, 11:03 AM
The player you are talking about bmbf06,i blame the head coach for that for that problem.That kid could have been benched & probally would have on any other team,but the hc made that problem.Lots of other kids busting there ass in the offseason/ summer only to be over looked,so the theory of working hard,hitting the weight room are just words with no meaning behind it. The tigers have good talent coming up, unbeaten jv team to bad they will only win 5-6 games.

bmbf_06
11-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by bc 76
The player you are talking about bmbf06,i blame the head coach for that for that problem.That kid could have been benched & probally would have on any other team,but the hc made that problem.Lots of other kids busting there ass in the offseason/ summer only to be over looked,so the theory of working hard,hitting the weight room are just words with no meaning behind it. The tigers have good talent coming up, unbeaten jv team to bad they will only win 5-6 games.

i agree with you on the standpoint of the words with no meaning--it seems to be the same way with the female athletics program....that is a bit of a problem--:) im hopin next yr. will be better