PDA

View Full Version : (6) Texas vs. Kansas

KTJ
11-11-2004, 08:55 PM
I don't really need to say a lot. DJ will dominate and practically kill the KU offense. VY and Ced will put up big numbers. Another day and another loss for a Big 12 North team.

UT will keep their BCS hopes alive and inch closer to the Fiesta Bowl.

Texas - 59
Kansas - 21 (they score on the 2nd and 3rd string)

RTX 14
11-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Dam straight KTJ, DJ is a frekin animal, hes winnin the butkus this year

Port_town_texas
11-12-2004, 10:37 AM
the sad thing is if Utah wins out they will likely bump us to #7. only if no one in the top 5 in the BCS loses (which I think OU or Auburn will lose----they play Georgia)

Bulldog_12
11-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Better be careful KTJ. Last time you said you didnt need to comment about a game, we got beat by Baylor. Just a thought though.:D

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
the sad thing is if Utah wins out they will likely bump us to #7. only if no one in the top 5 in the BCS loses (which I think OU or Auburn will lose----they play Georgia) yeah, this one has the potential to get pretty one sided. as far as Georgia beating Auburn.....not gonna happen.

Port_town_texas
11-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yeah, this one has the potential to get pretty one sided. as far as Georgia beating Auburn.....not gonna happen. They have a chance. UT fans like myself better hope they lose, so we'll have a guaranteed spot in the BCS.

tmac
11-12-2004, 11:07 AM
i will be furious if utah gets a bcs bowl and texas gets left out

Bulldog_12
11-12-2004, 11:10 AM
I dont see that happening though. Auburn is hitting on all cylinders right now. I think that they are the most complete team outside of USC. So hopefully, the BCS will get things right and put Auburn and USC in the National Championship. Oklahoma is good, but they have wayyyy to many vulnerabilities that ssome lesser ranked teams have exploited bad the last two weeks. They gave up a combined 70+ points to OSU and Texas A&M, and both averaged 400+ yards in offense. That just doesnt sound like a championship quality defense right there. USC would eat them alive. But Auburn had to make it through a stiff test this week with Georgia, they win this they are in and SHOULD be on their way to the big dance. But who knows what crap the computer will put up. For all we know, Miami could be up there seeing as how the computer cant do its job right................ever.

Port_town_texas
11-12-2004, 11:12 AM
the dam computer might spit out FSU #1 and Baylor #2..LOL!!!!:D :D :D LOL!

KTJ
11-12-2004, 11:14 AM
the sad thing is if Utah wins out they will likely bump us to #7. only if no one in the top 5 in the BCS loses (which I think OU or Auburn will lose----they play Georgia)

Uhh, no they won't. If Utah and UT win out, then we have the edge. The SOS will keep dropping Utah further in the BCS rankings.

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I dont see that happening though. Auburn is hitting on all cylinders right now. I think that they are the most complete team outside of USC. So hopefully, the BCS will get things right and put Auburn and USC in the National Championship. Oklahoma is good, but they have wayyyy to many vulnerabilities that ssome lesser ranked teams have exploited bad the last two weeks. They gave up a combined 70+ points to OSU and Texas A&M, and both averaged 400+ yards in offense. That just doesnt sound like a championship quality defense right there. USC would eat them alive. But Auburn had to make it through a stiff test this week with Georgia, they win this they are in and SHOULD be on their way to the big dance. But who knows what crap the computer will put up. For all we know, Miami could be up there seeing as how the computer cant do its jobe right................ever. :clap: a-frickin-men Bull.....i agree whole-heartedly. OU is a good team..but theyre not a GREAT team this year. i say the same about UT this year, and Miami in the last few years...Ohio State..etc. etc. etc. it seems some people put more on a name than they actually do in how the team performs during the year. "well thats MIAMI...." so what...they almost lost to Louisville. thats just one example. OU doesnt deserve a shot at the title this year.....i am w/ you...Auburn if they beat Georgia deserves a shot, USC deserves a shot. i'm done rambling, LOL.

Bulldog_12
11-12-2004, 11:16 AM
USC definately deserves a chance to play after what happened last year. I dont care if they lose the next two, they better be in there for the crap that happened last year. ha ha:D

AggieJohn
11-12-2004, 11:17 AM
i think kansas suprises UT and beats the snot out of them.....haha....just kidding even i know this is going to be a slaughter and can admit it, and as far as DJ getting the Butkis (sp?), i am all for it, i watched him during the RRS and he was phenominal...he's always a huge presence

Port_town_texas
11-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Uhh, no they won't. If Utah and UT win out, then we have the edge. The SOS will keep dropping Utah further in the BCS rankings. according to Yahoo sports and a ESPN email that my roommate got Utah would move ahead. Just saying what was stated. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does it wont surprise me.

KTJ
11-12-2004, 11:28 AM
according to Yahoo sports and a ESPN email that my roommate got Utah would move ahead. Just saying what was stated. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does it wont surprise me.

Nah, it won't happen. Utah plays in a weak, weak, weak MWC and it will cause them to keep moving down with BCS points. If you look at the rankings the last few weeks, UT kept inching closer and closer to Utah before we finally passed them this week. Most projections, who had us going to a BCS bowl in the beginning of the year, then had Utah taking our spot after the OU loss, now have us back in the BCS game. What is even more interesting is that some thing we can either go to the Fiesta or the Sugar, depening on if Auburn moves ahead of OU.

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-12-2004, 11:29 AM
i hope ut does walk all over ku. i hope ou loses the worst they have ever lost. that may or may not happen. but what ever will help ut in the rating to get a better bowl bid, and keep ou out of the top spot, is what i want to happen.

GOFOR2
11-12-2004, 11:30 AM
The defense needs to step it up and not force the offense to have to score 40 or more. I dont know, but I sure dont like them blitzing that Free safety so much, it killed them against OU. Horns need to finish the regular season strong to be considered for a Bogus Championship Series game.

KTJ
11-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
:clap: a-frickin-men Bull.....i agree whole-heartedly. OU is a good team..but theyre not a GREAT team this year. i say the same about UT this year, and Miami in the last few years...Ohio State..etc. etc. etc. it seems some people put more on a name than they actually do in how the team performs during the year. "well thats MIAMI...." so what...they almost lost to Louisville. thats just one example. OU doesnt deserve a shot at the title this year.....i am w/ you...Auburn if they beat Georgia deserves a shot, USC deserves a shot. i'm done rambling, LOL.

I've said OU wasn't that great since watching them play Bowling Green and Oregon at the beginning of the year and no one believed me! :D

And I don't know why you thought we were "great". We may go 10-1, but we won't be "great" until we can beat OU. And most every Longhorn will tell you that. We are sick and tired of that one blemish on our record every year. (and my rant is done.)

AggieJohn
11-12-2004, 11:32 AM
i hope yall do win, that way we will go to the cotton bowl....bigger payout....good luck KTJ

Port_town_texas
11-12-2004, 11:33 AM
SUGAR! SUGAR!

GOFOR2
11-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I've said OU wasn't that great since watching them play Bowling Green and Oregon at the beginning of the year and no one believed me! :D

And I don't know why you thought we were "great". We may go 10-1, but we won't be "great" until we can beat OU. And most every Longhorn will tell you that. We are sick and tired of that one blemish on our record every year. (and my rant is done.)

I know tradition is a big part of it, but I wish that dang OU-UT game would be a home and home deal. Watching OU struggle on the road against OSU and A&M proves that the home field advantage can be big, and I really think OU has a bigger advantage in the Cotton Bowl. Just dont know.

Port_town_texas
11-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
I know tradition is a big part of it, but I wish that dang OU-UT game would be a home and home deal. Watching OU struggle on the road against OSU and A&M proves that the home field advantage can be big, and I really think OU has a bigger advantage in the Cotton Bowl. Just dont know. U got a cot dam point! They couldn't step foot-2-field wit the 'Horns if the game was in Austin!

KTJ
11-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
I know tradition is a big part of it, but I wish that dang OU-UT game would be a home and home deal. Watching OU struggle on the road against OSU and A&M proves that the home field advantage can be big, and I really think OU has a bigger advantage in the Cotton Bowl. Just dont know.

It's been rumored to possibly go home and home after 2007--which is the year our contract runs up. The City of Dallas won't make upgrades to the Cotton Bowl and it's starting ot get annoying. Jerrysworld won't be built in Arlington until 2009, and they are pushing as hard as they possibly can to get the Texas/OU game put there. (And why not? Jerrysworld will seat about 90,000. That's a good 20,000 extra fans for both teams that would get to see the game.)

So after 2007, look for it to possibly go home and home or to Arlington.

AggieJohn
11-12-2004, 11:44 AM
i agree, make it a home and home thing...the whole putting it in dallas thing is overrated....

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

And I don't know why you thought we were "great". We may go 10-1, but we won't be "great" until we can beat OU. And most every Longhorn will tell you that. We are sick and tired of that one blemish on our record every year. (and my rant is done.) i hear ya KTJ. i think OU came out this year WAY over-rated. sure theyre good..but not GREAT....and UT..they are sittin on the fence...i think maybe next year when Vince has a little more experience under his belt, he will mature into a GREAT QB. right now he just seems a little one deminsional and lacks a bit of confidence in his passing abilities. now..that boy can flat RUN..but he needs to be multi-deminsional to be GREAT..which i figure he can be w/ the right coaching & a little work. i'm saying watch out for UT in 2005!

Port_town_texas
11-12-2004, 12:03 PM
from what I heard about Perriloux, he better watch his spot next year.

KTJ
11-12-2004, 12:22 PM
from what I heard about Perriloux, he better watch his spot next year.

Who? Ryan or VY?