PDA

View Full Version : Hey DoctorDre!!!

Ranger Mom
11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
I tripped over my boss cell phone charging cord and hit my knee hard on the corner of his wooden desk. (There is actually a slight depression on the wood now)

My knee hurts so bad now I can't hardly stand it, especially when I try to bend it!

What do I do??

I gotta be able to climb those steps at Grande tomorrow night!!

Balboa
11-11-2004, 02:39 PM
I'm not a DR. but I did stay at a holiday Inn express last night. and believe that ICE is the key

GOFOR2
11-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Since Doctor Dre. couldnt help you out, maybe Snoop Dogg can conjure up some kind of recipe to relieve your pain.

TheDOCTORdre
11-11-2004, 02:46 PM
This very unfortunate, you should ice it and between today and the game tomorrow night slowly work at bending your knee and see if you can work the pain out of it, if that doesnt work there are two other options drug up or draw from your inner strength and show us what a hardcore fan really is by suffering to watch her team play

GOFOR2
11-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
When Dre's involved, there's plenty money involved
And plenty honey's involved, the sunny Sunday's and palm trees
Cali, everyday it's just another party from the valley's
All the way to them 8 Mile alleys, let's rally
Hands up for the grand finale
Now raise up out your seat, Dre is about to speak

throw up yo finga if you feel the same way,
Dre break it down for Cali-forn-i-a

Bubba-Joe
11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Bubba-Joe
would recommed Ice

Ice covering some cold German soda pops and the German soda's being consumed by the injured party
but that is just Bubba-Joe's way of dealing with pain.....

TheDOCTORdre
11-11-2004, 02:53 PM
The LawyerDre would also reccomend sueing your boss for having the cord to his cell phone charger just lying around where you could trip over it

Ranger Mom
11-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the advice, I guess I will ice it when I get home.

This is a "for real" injury. I don't know how guys who get their knees hurt in football can stand it.

Once I get up and start walking, it doesn't hurt so bad. But the going from sitting to standing and trying to bend it out it just almost more than I can handle.

Is there something in your kneecap kinda like the funny bone in your elbow??

I know when I hit my "funny bone" (REALLY stupid name) it makes my whole arm hurt. That is the only way I can describe what my leg felt like when I hit the desk.

onfirebball05mustang
11-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Aww poor ranger mom!
ice is best for the next 24 hours....after that use heat...don't keep either on too long, or else you may risk killing nerves around the wound which will hurt even worse
Get to feelin better before the game!

CHS_CG
11-11-2004, 03:17 PM
When my knee starts actin up my doctor tells me to take the meds he gave me (THANK YOU DOC!!! LOL) and to switch between ice and heat... 15 minutes of ice 30 of nothing 15 of het 30 of nothing. It helps me.

GOFOR2
11-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Be sure to keep that ice on it, you dont want to develop any scar tissue or a deep bruise behind the patella if thats where you got hit. That can be very painful in the future.

onfirebball05mustang
11-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
When my knee starts actin up my doctor tells me to take the meds he gave me (THANK YOU DOC!!! LOL) and to switch between ice and heat... 15 minutes of ice 30 of nothing 15 of het 30 of nothing. It helps me.

too true! that's what i had to do with my knee too!:D

jason
11-11-2004, 03:27 PM
just tape some advil to it and it'll be fine...:D

onfirebball05mustang
11-11-2004, 03:30 PM
:eek: lol:D