PDA

View Full Version : This day also has special meaning to me

Phil C
11-11-2004, 11:41 AM
not just because we honor our veterans who so deservedly deserve our honor and thanks but also because on this day two years ago I entered the hospital for my cancer surgury. Fortunately it had been monitored and watched out for. Thanks to the prayers of family and friends (including those on 3A downlow) and the skill of an outstanding physician the surgury was a success and I am still here and able to attend football, softball, baseball, volleyball, soccer, etc. sporting events. I am mainly posting this again for the newer members to urge you to not neglect your physical checkups at your doctor's office. I also urge you to urge family and friends to not do so also. This is regardless of your age. The earlier health problems are detected the better. They can do a lot of things they couldn't do even five years ago. This is one thing I urge you to not neglect.

onfirebball05mustang
11-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Amen Phil...:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
11-11-2004, 12:29 PM
i would like to say that getting cancer checkups is a must. . . i have an aunt who is a 8-10 year survivor now :) i cant remember how long, but shes a survivor!

BrahmaMom
11-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Thanks for a reminder that NO one is immune. God bless.