PDA

View Full Version : This year's Bandera?

GWOOD
11-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Sometime last week, someone posted that question. I thought it was a great question, but didn't have time to look who that might be. The next Bandera would have to be a team in D-2, finished 3rd place, and does not have a powerful football tradition.

Most likely to be the next Bandera:

#1 Tatum, 16AAA, 6-4. Two of their losses in overtime, one to LV Spring Hill. Lost to Carthage & Rusk in district. Are favored in Round 1 and will be favored in Round 2. Round 3 could be Celina, Daingerfield, or Gilmer. An upset win there and look-out.

#2 Diboll, 20AAA, 7-3. Losses to 4A Willis, Jasper, Newton. Couple of early wins and then an upset over Bellville and they could be on their way.

#3 Waco La Vega, 17AAA. 3rd place team in a tough district. Beat Marlin in first round and could go places.

#4 Merkel, 3AAA. Close losses to Ballinger, Sweetwater, and Snyder (OT). Oh, wait.......they play Greenwood first round.....never mind!

Ranger Mom
11-14-2003, 04:46 PM
GWOOD:

#4 Merkel, 3AAA. Close losses to Ballinger, Sweetwater, and Snyder (OT). Oh, wait.......they play Greenwood first round.....never mind!Man....I hope that doesn't come back to bite you!! :D eek!

Bandera YaYa
11-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Well, whoever it is, they are in for one 'ell of a ride!! :D

GWOOD
11-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Ranger Mom:

GWOOD:

#4 Merkel, 3AAA. Close losses to Ballinger, Sweetwater, and Snyder (OT). Oh, wait.......they play Greenwood first round.....never mind!Man....I hope that doesn't come back to bite you!! :D eek! I hope it doesn't. I am feeling good about tomorrow night's game. From what I heard yesterday, our boys are hungry for a Win.

However, if Merkel wins in double overtime, I predict they go a long way.

3afan
11-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Atlanta .....

GWOOD
11-14-2003, 06:44 PM
3afan:
Atlanta .....Atlanta wouldn't qualify. They are a 1st place team and some polls have them ranked in the top 10. So they wouldn't be the complete surprise as Bandera was. In fact, I think most expect Atlanta will make some noise in the playoffs.

Personally, with Michael Vick still hurt, I don't think you guys have a chance.

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: GWOOD ]</small>

Knightmoon
11-16-2003, 04:13 AM
Does Merkel look more promising now??? NEXT....

Jacket2000
11-16-2003, 04:56 AM
GWOOD:

#4 Merkel, 3AAA. Close losses to Ballinger, Sweetwater, and Snyder (OT). Oh, wait.......they play Greenwood first round.....never mind!How do ya like your crow, fried or barbequed?
J2K

GWOOD
11-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Jacket2000:

GWOOD:

#4 Merkel, 3AAA. Close losses to Ballinger, Sweetwater, and Snyder (OT). Oh, wait.......they play Greenwood first round.....never mind!How do ya like your crow, fried or barbequed?
J2KBarbequed, with lots of sauce. It's not very tasty.

GWOOD
11-18-2003, 02:15 PM
Knightmoon:
Does Merkel look more promising now??? NEXT....Uhhhh.....yes...ouch, that hurt to say. How was it for you?

Don't want to be accused of disappearing.

BULLDOGFAN
11-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Well if everything fell as last year the team like Bandera would be Wimberley. And man that would be a ride.

My pic would be Liberty Hill or Port Isabel this year.

Liberty hill by shear tenacity and Port Isabel because they have the talent but does the heart rise above it all.

kaorder1999
11-18-2003, 10:09 PM
gilmer

j_dog
11-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Diboll won its first round game convincingly, 44-12 over Crockett. They could well be on their way. Go Jacks!!! :D

vet93
11-19-2003, 10:13 AM
Great win by Merkel!!! To be the next Bandera or Greenwood Merkel has to do three things: 1) Continue to improve. Stagnation in the playoffs = elimination. 2) Take care of business. Merkel proved that they can beat the team that they aren't supposed to beat. Now they have to prove that they can remain consistent against a team that they are favored to beat. 3) The western half of the state/region is comparably weaker on average and has less depth. The primary ingredient is speed in the East. The Badgers have to prove that they can hang with speed. The first test will likely be against Kennedale. They have much more speed than Greenwood (or did last year) and the Badgers will have to be able to play against that to go to state. I am in the Badgers corner. They played very well against Greenwood. They have a nice combination of quickness in the backfield and physical play up front with the Head brothers. That is one thing that Greenwood had going for them last year. I would really like to see a Kennedale/Merkel game. Being selfish, I would like to see it in Abilene because I want to see them play. First...Merkel has to take care of business with Littlefield.

Knightmoon:
Does Merkel look more promising now??? NEXT....