PDA

View Full Version : Wimberly Game

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-11-2004, 10:28 AM
I heard lots of talk about Wimberly earlier in the season after they played IP.

I need some insight on this game please! I'm have decided that this is the game I will go to and I will be writing a game summary for texasprepxtra! So please let me know your thoughts! WHo should I look for on both teams. What type of offense defense do both teams run. Who is the favorite?

Thanks,

Z~

Chris Hart
11-11-2004, 11:28 AM
I don't know alot Z, other than Lavernia won an earlier game between the two this year. I think it'll be different this time around. Wimberley has the ability to be a really dangerous team. Look for the 2 ILBs for Wimberley. They were and may still be #1 & #2 in tackles for CenTex 3A and under. Wimberley can run or pass, not great at either but adequate at both. They will live or die by their defense though, they should prove to be a tough out for anyone in Reg IV. Wish I could help you more, but I look forward to reading your summary. Be safe...

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the info!

Macarthur
11-11-2004, 12:36 PM
I did not see IP play Wimberly, but have family that was at the game. Wimberly has really good athletes. They really pass the eye-test. They could be a team that gets on a roll and makes a run.

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Z, I saw this earlier, but just now have the time to get back with you. I'm sorry that I have NO info on La Vernia.

Chris, thanks for the info you provided - you're dead on about both the O & D. Z, the two LB's are #44 & #52. One of them, I believe #44 (but don't quote me), is Jake Biddle. Both of these guys have good reads on the offense.

The QB, John Weldon, has right at 1200 yds passing & can scramble real well. Michael Buse is their main back, with just over 400 yds rushing & Riley Allen the main receiver, with just over 400 receiving.

OL, Bryan Buse & Buck Burnette (not positive about the spelling); secondary, Bennett & Goldstein are the last of the ones I know.