PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Coaches thoughts on this week's game

LST_Terry
11-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Hey I know there are some Jasper fans, and fans of 22-3A on here so I just wanted to let you know I taled with Coach Danny Lauve of Jasper for This Week in Class 3A on the LST. Great interview, really nice guy. Also talked with Rusk Coach about the Kirbyville match-up as well. Just click on the link below and it is the second article on the page. Hope you enjoy.

LONE STAR TEAMS (http://www.lonestarteams.com)

Hupernikomen
11-11-2004, 09:26 AM
I couldn't get that to work here at home..have to try it later.

Can anyone tell me for sure what time Jasper's game is?

I have heard 7 and 7:30...need to know.

LST_Terry
11-11-2004, 09:30 AM
He said 7:30..just to let u know u need windows media player 9

Hupernikomen
11-11-2004, 10:29 AM
I have it but my connection is poor today. I will listen to it tomorrow while at work. What did he say about Patton?

andy_dufresne
11-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I've talked to coach Lauve this week, too. He said Patton will play tomorrow night.

LST_Terry
11-11-2004, 10:32 AM
yep he is going to play from what coach said.

mistanice
11-11-2004, 11:25 AM
UH OH, and he also said that Patton has a 4.3 40......

mistanice
11-11-2004, 11:25 AM
I wonder if he still does after his injury, i guess we will see how healed he is tomorrow night. Thx Terry, I enjoy listening to the interviews.

LST_Terry
11-11-2004, 11:38 AM
no problem..hope uenjoed the whole show..was supposed to have Diboll coach on, but tine conflict got in the way..He still has the best name for a coach ever LOL

j_dog
11-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
UH OH, and he also said that Patton has a 4.3 40......
More dangerous is his moves, and his field savvy from 4 years of varsity experience.

LST_Terry, thank you for the link! :)

LST_Terry
11-11-2004, 11:48 AM
And he said THEY did not time him that was at a college camp so pretty legit on the time. BTW what is all your predictions on the score?

mistanice
11-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by LST_Terry
no problem..hope uenjoed the whole show..was supposed to have Diboll coach on, but tine conflict got in the way..He still has the best name for a coach ever LOL

Haha...ooo Finis Vanover....Yeah I tuned in to listen to Rusk's coach and his thoughts on the game....I'm tryin to make that game tonight...

mistanice
11-11-2004, 11:54 AM
This will be Diboll's toughest game of the season....Only team that really took it to Diboll was Palestine...Jasper has played a tougher schedule and that should help them be ready for Diboll....Well we all know that Jasper is the favorite and Diboll will have to play their best game to try to pull out a win...If Diboll is able to contain their QB moye, which will be difficult...Diboll will have a chance...

Diboll's playmakers will have to contribute early to keep Diboll in the game because All of Diboll's losses have come at the end of games and have trouble trying to rally back in the final minutes..

All in all it should be a good game and good luck to both.

andy_dufresne
11-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Anybody know where Patton might play in college. Is he D-1 material?

mistanice
11-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Andy, do you know if Simmons will try to play ball at the next level? He's a player, .....ive been wondering how many sacks he has on the season...do you know?

Lloyd is another good one

Bulldog_12
11-11-2004, 12:25 PM
I think he definately has the speed, but im not real confident because of his size. He's not very big. But who knows? Maybe the speed will be enough to get him there.

andy_dufresne
11-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Simmons has 18 sacks on the season - very Lawrence Taylor-ish. I don't know of any offers specifically, but I know he could definitely play somewhere.

Lloyd is the quintesential ball hawk. 3-yr starter. It's going to be hard to picture a 'jacks D without Jeremy. He's flatout a stud.

mistanice
11-11-2004, 01:28 PM
18 sacks...thats ridiculous....These boys need to have a big game tomorrow...

andy_dufresne
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
I don't know if it will take a perfect game like a lot of people think. It just matters when Diboll makes their mistakes if they make them. Conversely, Diboll's d is good enough to hold onto a lead if their o can take advantage of some Jasper mistakes.

mistanice
11-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Diboll definatley has the players and the offense to put up some points... and Diboll's defense has been playing good...although they were getting burned in the secondary last friday....overall they look good

Port_town_texas
11-11-2004, 01:41 PM
They have a chance but if they mess up b4 the half Jasper blows the game open in the 3rd QTR. With Patton back, awww mane, look out. Patton, Gilder, and Moye wins this one 4 Jasper.

LST_Terry
11-11-2004, 04:33 PM
I think Jasper will do JUST enough to win

24-21

andy_dufresne
11-11-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm with Terry. I don't see this one being a blowout at all. I know I sound like a homer, but Diboll matches up with Jasper a lot better than people think. It will be a true slugfest. I will be the most surprised one if it turns into a blowout either way...

Hupernikomen
11-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by LST_Terry
And he said THEY did not time him that was at a college camp so pretty legit on the time. BTW what is all your predictions on the score?

Yeah I think I saw on Smokey's website that Lauve listed Patton as running a 4.36...that is blazing if it was tested at a college camp which probably was FAT timing..don't know for sure. He did play one down against Silsbee in overtime I think it was..he was a decoy and ran like a deer...made me wonder why we didn't use him, but I think Lauve knew that that game was more sentimental than detrimental.

Stangster
11-11-2004, 11:55 PM
I think this game will be a hard fought contest, I give Jasper a slight edge.