PDA

View Full Version : Madison vs. Van Alstyne

JR2004
11-11-2004, 01:35 AM
I don't know a single thing about Van Alstyne, but I do hope this will be an entertaining game that goes in favor of the Trojans this Friday night. It's their first playoff game since 1990 when they were still a 4A school. I know that there's far bigger games in the 1st round across the state that will garner much more attention and deservedly so, but I'm glad to see these kids and coaches finally break through after such a long playoff drought.

I don't know if the Trojans are ready yet to make a long playoff run, but I do know that over the next few years they are going to become one of the best teams in the state with the kind of athletes they have coming through right now that play football. For the first time in a long, long time, the best players at Pearl C. Anderson aren't in Dallas Lincoln's attendance zone. (Lincoln and Madison have the same feeder school) I believe they went undefeated again over there and all the RB's, the QB, and most of the best lineman and WR's will be going to Madison next season. I hope that this season has helped put Madison's football program back on the map and that maybe the kids from South Dallas can be put in a positive light for what they accomplished this season.

Gsquared
11-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Madison has the atheletes to do it, they just have to put together some type of organized and more conservative offensive game plan. You cant try to throw 50 yard fly routes ever snap.

kaorder1999
11-11-2004, 09:34 AM
winner of this one catches mt.vernon or crandall....not an easy 2nd round game....