PDA

View Full Version : Spyware remedy

Hupernikomen
11-11-2004, 01:21 AM
I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but I know that spyware is a major problem these days with computers that surf the net. My wife, who spends a lot of time on the internet, ran across a good, free spyware cleaning program during a class she was taking.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

This has worked very well on our computers and is free. I will say that we liked it so much that we did make a small paypal donation (five bucks...or so she said :eek: ). Our tech. lady at school found out about this program and downloaded it on every computer in our district. Might want to check it out.

P.S. This is not meant to take the place of your anti-virus programs. It just zaps all these invading adware and spyware programs that get downloaded sometimes when you click a link...e.g. the bracketmaker site we voted on earlier.

44INAROW
11-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Funny I saw this this morning.. My "spyware" ran last night and deleted 4 instances of spyware running in my C DRIVE.. I runs every Weds night and since the first time I ran it, it has not detected anything, then it picks up 4 last night....... Nice to know it is doing it's job :clap:

GOFOR2
11-11-2004, 10:09 AM
ttt