PDA

View Full Version : Taking a long look at BC vs BH

Old Cardinal
11-10-2004, 09:58 PM
All kidding aside, BC beat BH 31-14 two years ago, regardless of what Matthew says happened. After looking at that second half against WO-S, I will predict a similar two TD win by Bridge City. I think that the backfield they have will run away from BHs defense. BH has a good team know doubt. With Sophomore QB Johnny Dishon finally allowed to command the team and Senior speed-burner Jon Landry allowed to start in the backfield instead of all defense; I don't know many teams in 3A that can take them right now. It's not that BH is not good; it's a matter that BC is better. WO-S is a great team, yet BC played ball right with them. I just don't think BH can play that caliber of football in postseason.

Panther Ross
11-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Do you know why you kept with them? Because WOS came out big headed and still won. I am not saying that yall suck but BH is a much better team than BC. BC linebackers were much stronger than BH, but BH dline is much than BC. BH by 7. They will bounce back after the loss in their HOME stadium for the DISTRICT CHAMPS!

Hupernikomen
11-11-2004, 01:03 AM
2 TD favorites?? OC you just haven't seen the Hill play this year. They have been banged up pretty badly. If they can get some lineman back they will be a force to handle. As far as speed, they will match up pretty well, you might have an advantage there. I still believe this will be a toss-up..any word on which of the linemen will be able to come back for this game?

X Man
11-11-2004, 02:35 AM
There are some things that can be judged from the WOS - BC game, but I would not judge how BC will play BH by it. Bridge City played their best game of the season and their hearts out, in this game. WOS came in over confident, and played on Bridge City's home field. Tarver did his homework, and had a total game plan, down to the tiniest of details (such as not mowing the field to try to keep the WOS speed down). I did not see that BC played any better in the second half than they did in the first half, WOS just played worse defense in the second half, coupled to the called back TD's. I will say this though, if Bridge City plays BH like they played WOS, BH has a tough night ahead. But if they do that, it would mean they played hard 3 weeks running, and I am not sure that a team that lost to Anahauc can do that.

WOS92
11-11-2004, 06:57 AM
WO-S played BC like BC played Anahuac, plain and simple. BC played a great game and hung in there, but what they got from WO-S was far from their best game. BC played very well, but I would not put them in the top 10 or 15 at this point.

Jody
11-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Speed on the ground is not going to beat BH.......promise. No team, and I mean no team has ran outside on us all year. Liberty can attest to that and they are VERY fast. If BC has a large and strong running back (as did Liberty), you will have some success up the middle due to injuries on the BH side. Other than that, BC will need to make big passing plays, which is not as easy to do. I personally don't think BC has the size to man handle the BH line, even though there are a lot of 2nd string/Sophmores on D. Now I will say, good linebackers have been known to give us trouble, due to our lack of Offensive play-calling.

Just an observation after watching both teams. Now BC, don't say you watched them play Silsbee early in the season, because they did not grow 6 inches since Oct. 1st. :D :D

BlueBlood
11-11-2004, 07:57 AM
I don't think the BH will have anybody back from injuries. Somebody, it seems, is having surgery every other day. The really bad news is that I heard the one healthy linebacker we had got hurt at practice yesterday and is out for the game. I'm pulling for my Eagles but I wouldn't bet any money on it. I am almost to the point, because of injuries, that I think the Hill's only chance to win is for BC to play really bad (or that old Barbers Hill pride shows up).

Old Cardinal
11-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Bridge City's best game was certainly not WO-S is was probably against Kirbyville! BC reeled off 3 TDs to 1 and controlled the game progressively after the half. They also missed a field goal that would have won it for them and played only mediocere the first half!
In reading one of the BH fans: if you think Liberty had speed, you will not believe the speed now inserted into the backfield for BC with Dishon and Landry. WO-S is a fine team, but like I said, none of that District over there can even stay on the field with them. Bridge City, with a highly substituted very young team, DID and therefore I give them the edge for Friday nights contest with a good BH team.

3ABirdMan
11-11-2004, 09:10 AM
IF the Hill was NOT banged up, I believe BC would be in big trouble. I know it's been a long time since game #1 (BC @ Liberty) for both teams, but Liberty did not impress me (no insult intended, Panthers - BC didn't impress me that game, either). Had BH not been banged up last week, does anybody think the outcome would have been different? I certainly do. Liberty won District, fair and square, and you deserve your props for it! But week 10 vs a healthy Hill would have had a very different outcome, I'm afraid.

The really sad part is that some of these kids that helped get their team (BH) where they are won't be in there to see it through. Every playoff contender knows injuries can and will kill your season in 3A - We just don't have enough depth to lose 6 defensive starters and still keep the same level of competiion on the field.

That was one of the things that really showed me something about thisd BC team in the BC @ HF game - We were short 7 starters from week #1 (due to grades, illness, and injury), and still beat them! We're young, but we have talent, and, it seems, enough depth to play while missing some of those starters, and BH fans have admitted they are somewhat weaker due to playing their youth at this point in the season. That's why I'm giving BC the edge in this one!

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Everyone has valid points. Anything can happen friday the only thing I know or beleive is that it will be a close game. the winner of this game will win by no more that 7. I think both teams will score in the 20's. First team to 28 wins.

Jody
11-11-2004, 09:38 AM
All these seem to be fair and accurate post. Under all the cicumstances you all mentioned, this still should be a competative game. One thing people have yet to point out as an advantage to BC is your coaching staff. The October 1st BC team would have not beaten anyone......so cuddos to them for the adjustments. Our coaching staff is not that creative and it has shown in the playoffs each year.

I still have to go with my boys........BH by 10. I would say 7, but I have a 3-A downlow bet on a 10 point spread......LOL

Now smack would say BH by 40.....LOL

Now us loosing another linebacker is BAD news.....Geez does it ever stop!

Jody
11-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
I don't think the BH will have anybody back from injuries. Somebody, it seems, is having surgery every other day. The really bad news is that I heard the one healthy linebacker we had got hurt at practice yesterday and is out for the game. I'm pulling for my Eagles but I wouldn't bet any money on it. I am almost to the point, because of injuries, that I think the Hill's only chance to win is for BC to play really bad (or that old Barbers Hill pride shows up).

Please stop with the bad news............man oh man.

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Jody
All these seem to be fair and accurate post. Under all the cicumstances you all mentioned, this still should be a competative game. One thing people have yet to point out as an advantage to BC is your coaching staff. The October 1st BC team would have not beaten anyone......so cuddos to them for the adjustments. Our coaching staff is not that creative and it has shown in the playoffs each year.

I still have to go with my boys........BH by 10. I would say 7, but I have a 3-A downlow bet on a 10 point spread......LOL

Now smack would say BH by 40.....LOL

Now us loosing another linebacker is BAD news.....Geez does it ever stop!

Jody, I am so tired of you downing our coaching staff. THey are the best coaches in Texas maybe the world! Our OC has the most dynamic playbook in the state. Why don't you go get a degree and whistle and coach the team. You think your so smart I ought to kick you butt!!!!

P.S. Come to the house a little early so we can get focused for the game. Rah Rah Rah Coaches!

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Any one else?

coiled2strike
11-11-2004, 12:32 PM
i love to see anyone take up for and support their coaches...i know they would really appreciate it...

mistanice
11-11-2004, 12:34 PM
All I wanna say is that I'm still waiting for that gift certificate for Academy Sports from Jody.... I guess you're not a man of your word HAHAHA.... Somethings wrong with The Hill's postal service...first the shirt gets lost...now the certificate....geez!

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
All I wanna say is that I'm still waiting for that gift certificate for Academy Sports from Jody.... I guess you're not a man of your word HAHAHA.... Somethings wrong with The Hill's postal service...first the shirt gets lost...now the certificate....geez!

Don't ever trust Jody LOL. Hay Mistanice googluck against Jasper I will be routing for yall.

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Please stop with the bad news............man oh man.

More Bad news. I just found out that the Mascot fell down and hurt its beak and will not be able to chirp at the game. What could happen next!!!

Old Cardinal
11-11-2004, 12:49 PM
RBARKER, I kind of agree with you to a point. BH has high pay and tend to get the pick-of-the-litter in Coaching. For many years big enrollment talent levels and overall good Coaching have given them District Champions only to lose in Bi-District.
I do agree with Jody somewhat also in that--Example: BH Coaches lose in playoffs because they do not understand or respect the talent base of viable opponents! The dumbest play I have ever seen in a 3A playoff game was called by the BH Coaches. BH was on about the 15 or 20 early in the ball game with Bridge City two year ago. What did they do--they disrespected BCs two top 3 year playoff veteran linebackers. THEY THREW A SCREEN PASS on their on back turf. It was funny, ole Robert Melich who proved his strength that year in winning the Heavy Weight State Championship of 3A came across and gonged the intended receive before the ball was even thrown. Secondly, he knocked 3 setup linemen down or out of the play. BCs other 3 year ace inside linebacker caught the ball and basically troted to the goal line.
Now that type of play calling that does not respect the known talent of your opponent has killed BH many times in the playoffs. Coaches sometime do not reason very well and make mental fumbles like everyone else does on their individual jobs. It's just that BH Coaches although respectable have not proven to be top-flight playoff savvy Coaches.

Jody
11-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Jody, I am so tired of you downing our coaching staff. THey are the best coaches in Texas maybe the world! Our OC has the most dynamic playbook in the state. Why don't you go get a degree and whistle and coach the team. You think your so smart I ought to kick you butt!!!!

P.S. Come to the house a little early so we can get focused for the game. Rah Rah Rah Coaches!

Them there Navasota boys arn't very bright are they.....hahahaha

Bit, hook line and sinker!

Jody
11-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by mistanice

Hey there.......I am glad you wrote. PM me your address....sorry it was misplaced. I could not recall who won the thing. Send it promptly and I will mail it first thing.

By the way.....BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF JASPER FRIDAY!

Jody
11-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
RBARKER, I kind of agree with you to a point. BH has high pay and tend to get the pick-of-the-litter in Coaching. For many years big enrollment talent levels and overall good Coaching have given them District Champions only to lose in Bi-District.
I do agree with Jody somewhat also in that--Example: BH Coaches lose in playoffs because they do not understand or respect the talent base of viable opponents! The dumbest play I have ever seen in a 3A playoff game was called by the BH Coaches. BH was on about the 15 or 20 early in the ball game with Bridge City two year ago. What did they do--they disrespected BCs two top 3 year playoff veteran linebackers. THEY THREW A SCREEN PASS on their on back turf. It was funny, ole Robert Melich who proved his strength that year in winning the Heavy Weight State Championship of 3A came across and gonged the intended receive before the ball was even thrown. Secondly, he knocked 3 setup linemen down or out of the play. BCs other 3 year ace inside linebacker caught the ball and basically troted to the goal line.
Now that type of play calling that does not respect the known talent of your opponent has killed BH many times in the playoffs. Coaches sometime do not reason very well and make mental fumbles like everyone else does on their individual jobs. It's just that BH Coaches although respectable have not proven to be top-flight playoff savvy Coaches.

Were just having some fun with the "Coach Lovers". Anyone who has ever watch BH play can tell you we make a lot of dumb offensive decisions. RBARKERS wife and any 1 legged, measel infested trouser trout I can get to go seem to know what the next play will be.......pretty darn sad.

mistanice
11-11-2004, 01:14 PM
ive sent you a pm jody!

Jody
11-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Got it. Thanks. Let me take a picture of the BH vs. BC score board and send it along too. :D :D :D

Whip the hell out of Jasper!

District303aPastPlayer
11-11-2004, 01:17 PM
just because im curious, OC, have you ever given credit to a team other than BC for being talented and good? It seems like you never have. . . just my $.02

mistanice
11-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Got it. Thanks. Let me take a picture of the BH vs. BC score board and send it along too. :D :D :D

Whip the hell out of Jasper!

Gracias!

I know the jacks will try their best, either win or bring out the basketballs.... Gluck to the hill.

shellman54
11-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Ok, took a long look, both at BC and BH, as well as all the previous posts. Aside from Jody's, they all look pretty accurate and well thought. (take it easy on me friday Jody!!:D ) After all that, I see that both teams are young, both have speed on both offense and defense, and both are following a heartbreaking loss. I do not see a blowout occuring during this game. both teams offenses will play big roles, and unseasoned sophmores will get many opportunites to take advantage of this moment and play their hearts out. This will be a defining moment for all the seniors to play as hard as they can for 48 minutes. Both teams are great teams on and off the field. The outcome will be by 6 points or fewer.

Rabbit'93
11-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
just because im curious, OC, have you ever given credit to a team other than BC for being talented and good? It seems like you never have. . . just my $.02
Sure he has...WOS & Jasper...That's the only two that come to mind. JMO

BlueBlood
11-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Any word on how hurt the Nelson kid is?

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Were just having some fun with the "Coach Lovers". Anyone who has ever watch BH play can tell you we make a lot of dumb offensive decisions. RBARKERS wife and any 1 legged, measel infested trouser trout I can get to go seem to know what the next play will be.......pretty darn sad.

Are you comparing my wife to a "1 legged, measel infested trouser trout". Man you wait till friday she is going to open a can of WHOOP A$$ on ya:mad:

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

Oh you haven't seen nothing. During the Huffman game when BH scored and missed the field Goal to make it 7-6. I think there was about 1 minute left and they sent the team out to kick off the ball. After much confusion they called a time out so they could try an on sides kick. Last week we ran alot of sweep plays which Liberty could not stop we get down to the 30 yard line and they start trying to pass the ball when that didn't work they ran up the middle. There is a bunch of blunders that has happened at BH the past 5 years exspecially the playoffs.

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Ops NM

ej2525
11-11-2004, 02:48 PM
All I know is come Saturday morning JODY is going to have a SWEET tag line under his name!! :D :D :D

Jody
11-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Are you comparing my wife to a "1 legged, measel infested trouser trout". Man you wait till friday she is going to open a can of WHOOP A$$ on ya:mad:

HAHAHA....no that was "anyone I could find to go with me"....LOL

Jody
11-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
All I know is come Saturday morning JODY is going to have a SWEET tag line under his name!! :D :D :D

Like I said, I am 0 for 2 at these.....:D After Huffman and Liberty, I have had so much crow, I think my Cardinal Gumbo recipe on the Barbers Hill Vs. Bridge City thread is going to taste like Kangaroo and Jackass stew........:D

BH by 10......LOL Got to stick with the boys!

Panther Ross
11-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
WO-S played BC like BC played Anahuac, plain and simple. BC played a great game and hung in there, but what they got from WO-S was far from their best game. BC played very well, but I would not put them in the top 10 or 15 at this point.

Exactly, something he cannot see.